Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:04:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding multiple altcoins  (Read 24674 times)
(o)(o)ilikeboobs(o)(o)

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 05:43:43 PM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
I mostly hold ERC20 tokens, so I use Myether wallet to manage them
It's kind of easy
But most of my money are left on the exchanges for eaay trading.
faceoff97 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:40:34 AM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
I mostly hold ERC20 tokens, so I use Myether wallet to manage them
It's kind of easy
But most of my money are left on the exchanges for eaay trading.

Myetherwallet is a good choice, mine is HodLER wallet since it can hoLD Bitcoin and altcoins that could not be stored in myetherwallet. I think, storing funds in an exchange is not safe. Its better to keep it in your wallet and just transfer it when trading. You never know what will happen, you should have full control over your funds.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:44:20 AM

I still use and am entirely satisfied with MyEtherwallet for storing the multiple variants of ERC-20 coins it is easy to use, and has a great range of security options to suit all tastes. As a general wallet I use Exodus, as it supports plenty of coins and is well supported with updates and development.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:59:05 AM

If you believe that then owned the wallet will save a lot on one's purse just simply because it is more practical. but this would be at risk in case of hacking so it certainly requires a lot of purses that are scattered in order for owned assets reasonably safe. have many coins of course also aims to expand opportunity in getting results and it is a lot of great investors do.
Natalim

Activity: 2954
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 05:44:27 AM

I still use and am entirely satisfied with MyEtherwallet for storing the multiple variants of ERC-20 coins it is easy to use, and has a great range of security options to suit all tastes. As a general wallet I use Exodus, as it supports plenty of coins and is well supported with updates and development.
MEW is very popular as it's easy to use it.
As long as you are careful with your private key, your funds will be intact even if you hold for a long period of time.
The only problem is you cannot hold other coins in MEW as it only accommodate ETH and ETH tokens.

MualanMaulana

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 06:01:50 AM

for me what you are doing is a good thing, and the coins are also very safe, because they are different from other wallet. but maybe some people think the thing you are doing is quite complicated. everyone can judge each of them
labuan

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 07:35:24 AM

I think so, because if you believe in many coin you can try to invest your money on many coin than you holding your money just in one coin, you can get big risk if the coin are down. I think this is gooo idea.
alexsoul

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 07:46:32 AM

I believe the coins to be divided and stored on different wallets. In my opinion, anything that is convenient puts us, our data, coins in danger. So try to put to store coin on official wallets, if such there are. In addition, if you have, for example, 20 ETH, I advise you to also separate them and store them at different addresses.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:42:52 AM

for me what you are doing is a good thing, and the coins are also very safe, because they are different from other wallet. but maybe some people think the thing you are doing is quite complicated. everyone can judge each of them
I feel like I'm doing it right also. So far I see no problem with Hodler wallet. It works so well for me and give me security a closed source could nit offer. I believe that this wallet could also make me more organize on getting my coins specially for ling term investment since it gives me full control of my assets.
Dimm_bounty13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

Tokenize Everything - https://www.udap.io/

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:43:43 AM

You can protect yourself from losses of tokens and hackers by storing your passwords offline in your notebook, having a separate browser and email for all the operations. But if someone really want to hack you, even offline-wallet won't save you!

Catt95

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:49:58 AM

Holding more altcoins is recommended because we cant predict which one altcoin rise in the future and which one dies. So by doing this you could reduce the risk.

We all know going all in on one coin is bad. But still there are people who do it or have two coins. I'm not saying more is better but it won't hurt to havo couple of coins. DYOR and invest in more coins.
A new coin I invested in is TIX if someone wants to check it out, they have new website and new ambassadors, Randy Jackson and Kenny G.
Be smart and invest in more alts.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:59:02 AM

It doesn’t matter whether I can store multiple coins and tokens in a wallet. The security is the most important factor influencing my decision to use a wallet.

absolutely yes, security first is the main reason why we must store our crypto in the most securest wallet
and in my opinion ledger wallet is good with great security too,, also we can store many crypto include ethereum tokens  Wink

#Darren

Activity: 784

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:33:31 AM

I am trying to hold my funds on exchanges, because I usually trust the biggest exchanges on the market. Binance, Huobi, OKEX, Kucoin, IDEX, these are the exchanges where I keep my digital assets and I am pretty happy that I do not need to use MEW every time.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 12:03:55 PM

Just like investing in multiple altcoin. Your idea is better than putting your all money in one altcoin. Holding your token in a single wallet is also good idea but in another side you should use different wallet when you have multiple altcoin. Its better to keep your altcoin in different than losing it in a one wallet.
faceoff97 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:30:04 PM

Just like investing in multiple altcoin. Your idea is better than putting your all money in one altcoin. Holding your token in a single wallet is also good idea but in another side you should use different wallet when you have multiple altcoin. Its better to keep your altcoin in different than losing it in a one wallet.
What matters most is the security a Wallet could offer, wether in a multi asset wallet or choosing different kind of wallet, it is essential to ask how safe could the fund be. The only thing that I love about the wallet I'm using now is the security and keeps me fr.hassle situations since I got to othanize it in one software.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:09:21 PM

I'd prefer to hold it with a muticurrency wallet like ledger nano s.

It is convenient if most of the coins you hold can be stored within a single wallet which is trusted and reliable. I have seen that hodler wallet ran a signature campaign here but I still prefer to stay with ledger nano s.
Yes, I also found it when they did a signature campaign. Looks like the team could be trusted and has good project history.  I've heard that they'll be releasing a hardware wallet also in the first quarter of 2019. They actually get good reviews about their wallet that's why I started using it. Thank you for your response.
That is the most use wallet that can easily access with. For me there is north ng to worry about it just secure your keys. There is where the altcoin is good to store rather than on exchange directly. Holding potential coin is risky but it is on your hand how you handle it. Sometimes I used multiple wallet account for the safety.

milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:16:44 PM

I use different ways of keeping my coins, but in my opinion it is very individual question and everyone uses his or her own way to hold coins, what is more suitable for her or him. In my opinion the key question is to keep in any wallet but the most important thing is the wallet should be strongly secured and you should follow all the rules.
sutejo

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:44:04 PM

Actually, when viewed from the growth of all the coins at this time there are some that we can hold, and that depends on your choice too, but if the coins that you hold there will be a change to improve for the future, of course you better hold it.
Chacha1000

Activity: 645
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:51:40 PM

I for example prefer to hold multiple altcoins in my different wallets. Is better to spread my risks than hold on to just few or one altcoin. As long as the resources are available is better to acquire different good altcoins.
Soundy
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:05:50 PM

It is not that easy to keep yourself of the development of many of the altcoins so I don't think it investment wise to keep many of them. Keep only few solid projects is the best thing to do and among those few, you will surely get it right and get something tangible out of them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: