Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:06:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding multiple altcoins  (Read 24666 times)
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:42:38 AM

I think it's nice to hold lots of altcoins especially if the altcoins you hold and longterm and have the potential so sure I will be profitable but also take care of your precious altcoins because there are so many altcoins that are scattered and scams so it's too hard to look at legit altcoins so you can do just that if you buy altcoins then you should first check your order or review it carefully so that you know if an altcoins are worth or longterm investment it especially that at the time of the end there will be many new coins and ico as well as bounty and I can say that it is not legit the other ones because it can lead to a scam and you can get mad and lose a big amount if you know only shitcoin is a coins do not first buy or ignore your sales.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lisa Finn

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 10:43:51 AM

what is the issue while doing this
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:45:40 AM

Many coins that I keep in the ERC20 wallet. In my opinion, it is very safe and until now I have never lost my digital assets when storing in an ERC20 wallet. All coins that I manage in the ERC20 wallet. From coins that have no price to coins that already have a sale value. Saving lots of coins, in my opinion, is more profitable.
never access it if it is not necessary because of the news nowadays to some exchanges that were being targeted and hi jacked. Anyway we know also that exchanges has made some security measures but as much as possible while these exchanges still developing their platform is to isolate your holdings from being access by the hijacker any time when they can target any exchange. Just make a transaction if it is needed.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:56:16 AM

Holding multiple altcoins is great, it importantly spread risk among the different altcoins. Having all your funds consolidated in one coin can be very risky, since we have seen many coins value get wiped over night.
Exactly, we should separate our funds in a lot of cryptocurrencies to avoid any risk of losing all our money. We shouldn't put all of our money in just one basket, so it's so great if we can hold multiple altcoins, as we can have some profit time to time.

That if the market is not bearish, if the market is good, some coins will dump, while some will pump and this would still give us a chance to be profitable.
However, we cannot deny that what we experience for almost a year is a bear market, and it affect our entire investment as most if not all of them are dropping.
We seen the huge downfall when the market begins to collapse early last year and until now we are not seeing any big pumped to lift it up again, holding multiple coins which have a good background can still bring opportunities to earned, traders need to check and balance whatever coins to hold so they can get some good profits when another pumped happen again.
Lanrex

Activity: 735
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 11:55:24 AM
Merited by supermine (1)

Holding cryptocurrencies on a single wallet is a no no for me, i cant imagine myself taking such a risk. I dont even hold all my ERC20 tokens in one wallet, so i dont see why i will consider having other cryptocurrencies of different Blockchain in one wallet, even if the wallet is compactible and safe enough to house these cryptocurrencies, i still consider it a bad idea doing so.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 12:15:46 PM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

Well, as long as one wallet is verified and proven safe to use, you can go ahead but i am still skeptical towards all these wallet which is why i only store my priv key myself and hold the coins myself.
Aside from that, I have a Nano Ledger which stored portion of the coins, and another portion in Binance. (Binance is big, they are not hack proof but at least if they are hacked, i believe user will get compensate imo)

Anyhow, Hardware wallet might be still the best. But never hold everything on one platform/device, spreading and diversify seems the safest choice after all
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 12:19:53 PM

For me it doesn't matter where stored your altcoins whether its in a cold,hot or even hard storage the question is does the project or altcoins that you are holding is active or let say that the team are following their roadmap and really doing what the project should be.Because if not its useless.For me wallet is not important theimportant is you choose the right project that you can gain profit by shot or long term.Nowadays holding altcoins is not much advisable unlike before so much better if you gin profit from it sell it and try to look for the other one.

Yes,  you said it absolutely right.
But i would like to add some more information as it completely depends upon a user. It's upto you(or the user)  to whether hold what coins he like that can make him profitable.
But often many of the traders/investors make losses when they invest in volatile coins in the expectation of Good returns(profit).
And if the coins yield you profit then no question of cursing the holy coin.
So it's always depends upon ourselves whether we choose to invest in many altcoins

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:20:54 PM

You should be holding it on a single wallet. I'm stocking my altcoins on one exchange which is binance. Why I am holding it all in one wallet? It's because of I'm forgetful in many things. And with the accounts and password, I'm very forgetful.

zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:30:51 PM

There is nothing wrong if we want to hold a lot of altcoins but in my opinion the problem is because so many people are easily trusted with a concept so they don't consider whether they will succeed or not

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Pithaxz

Activity: 452
Merit: 2

EPSILOAN.xyz

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 01:34:51 PM

holding lots of altcoins is the right way because it will benefit when the market has recovered, but on altcoins that have good and potential growth in the future. Altcoin popular in the top 10 on marcetcap is one of the best altcoins for long-term investment.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
kiansantan

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 02:45:40 PM

Too risky if you hold an altcoin too much. One of them is a forgetful factor. The factor forgets to cover a lot of things, so it is less evisional in its management. It could be that there are coins that are not taken care of because they forget. Better a little coin but fat in value.
wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 06:07:33 PM

Maybe it's a good wallet. But do you guys think that it's really neccessary to have a wallet to keep your funds? I'm trading a while and never used any kind of wallet except exchange account. And nothing has gone wrong ever. Should I get a wallet if I don't keep my funds for a long time anyway?
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 06:14:20 PM

You are crazy to hold all coins in a single wallet. One mistake, all gone. My tip is to create one virtual machine for each coin. One wallet, one virtual machine. Store private keys on paper or in several places offline. Why separate machines? So that in case it's a trojan, it won't affect the other wallets or your main OS.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
mekar sari

Activity: 1302
Merit: 501

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 06:14:28 PM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
you do right rather than storing assets on an exchanger is too risky for me because we see the facts lately exchanger crypto is always invaded by hacker

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Leo

Activity: 620
Merit: 10

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 06:47:36 PM

Open source multi wallets is the best option for now as  I know because it supports all kinds of Wallet unlike some wallets that support only erc20 coin, and it's more easier to use, but on another note it's too risky putting all the coin into just wallet,  so as not to loose all its advisable to split it up

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 06:22:38 AM

Open source multi wallets is the best option for now as  I know because it supports all kinds of Wallet unlike some wallets that support only erc20 coin, and it's more easier to use, but on another note it's too risky putting all the coin into just wallet,  so as not to loose all its advisable to split it up
it is better to save altcoin in some wallets and do not save altcoin in only one wallet because it will give you a very high risk when your wallet is stolen then the altcoins will definitely disappear instantly.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 06:31:24 AM

Holding is really a great art that will be necessary in order to still have real opportunities for further enrichment. I hope that you, too, understanding this, keep your own tokens. Which will not sell.
Accepted_check
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:05:30 AM

It is nice to put all your token in one wallet to avoid confusion on your wallet data. However, keeping it in one wallet is really risky. If ever your wallet got hacked, then probably all your coins will be stolen and you'll be left nothing. Also, you have to back up all your important data.
sircy

Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:18:00 AM

To get big profits, of course, we have to have lots of coins. So to overwrite the coins that we have collected requires a very safe wallet. Now I use a wallet based on Ethereum and in my opinion, it's very safe. As long as you can maintain your wallet's private key, your digital assets will be safe.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 07:39:10 AM

To get big profits, of course, we have to have lots of coins. So to overwrite the coins that we have collected requires a very safe wallet. Now I use a wallet based on Ethereum and in my opinion, it's very safe. As long as you can maintain your wallet's private key, your digital assets will be safe.
Different coins cannot be sotred on ethereum wallet,it is only compatible for ethereum and maybe for erc20 tokens so you need to be very careful with the wallet and your coins,if you send wrong coin to your wallet then it will results into permanenet loss of your crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: