Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:10:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding multiple altcoins  (Read 24672 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:40:49 AM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

Bitcoin O.K.

Litecoin 0.K.

LISK ....meh! but then again got it at the ICO and so WTH HODL. Dubious but it stakes.

Siacoin....meh!...same as above...got it from dubious equipment I sold for same and this is extra SC coin. So WTH HODL.

FujiCoin....dead!...coin is dead unless protocol change...a scrypt-n pow coin no less. Sigh. Worthless and held too long. Very little invested..so meh!

Bitcoin SV...meh! Kinda stuck, if I wind this out, it is a 'taxable event' thus it still sits on the Bitcoin Blockchain like a 'dubious' leech.

Bitcoin ABC...meh! (same as above)

Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Gold, etc, etc (see above)

So the danger with me an Altcoins is stuff I shouldn't keep has very little invested and/or dubious with IRS on how to withdraw from Bitcoin Blockchain

I suspect MOST people, with the exception of maybe some top ten altcoins, also is a mixture of stuff gotten over the years and kinda looks like the above.

Anyway, how I see the sh*tcoins besides Bitcoin and (maybe?) Litecoin I am in HODL mode with.

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dautay_crypto

Activity: 193
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 06:12:09 AM

holding lots of altcoins may be one of the efforts to reduce the risk of loss on an asset. because we can benefit from other assets. but holding an unpopular altcoin in the long run is very bad. focus on just a few coins. if you invest in a long term, it might not matter to have a lot of assets. but if in trading I'm sure you will have trouble.
Personally, I don't invest all my money into altcoins. At the same period, I will allocate my funds into at least three parts. The first one for bitcoin, the second one for USDT, and the last one for altcoins. For the last part (for altcoins), I will separate it into piecies with top altcoins. Doing this, I might maximise my chances to catch all trend of market. Sometimes, coins rise in USDT pairs, sometimes only bitcoin rises, and sometimes most of altcoins rise in ALT/ BTC pairs.
posporo

Activity: 501
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 07:18:31 AM

I also holding multiple altcoins in my myetherwallet and I already have 100+ different kinds of tokens supported by ethereum but there are lots of it which has a low value but I believe that some of it have the potential to increase soon so I stay put and patiently waiting for the right time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
other_side

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 07:47:17 PM

Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

If you want to hold multiple altcoins so you can do it very easily. If you want to put your altcoin in a different wallet so you can do it but if you have some money so you can buy a hardware wallet then you can put your all token in one device. I'm using a hardware wallet to hold my altcoin. I suggest you can put your altcoin in the different wallet because if your wallet hack but you can lose your so token.

wow pretty much altcoin but the sum is not much. Why do you invest in altcoin garbage with a few tens of dollars, that you are expecting that it will increase several dozen times?
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:24:51 PM

I never prefer to keep all your alts in a single space. I am not saying that make wallet for every other alts. But make atleast 2-3 main wallet to slacces all the asset you have. Cause this market is full of scsmers and hacekrrs so better keep you wallet safe form them. But there is now many wallet available which support almost all chain. But still distribution is very important. And one more think if you got enough money then go for hardware wallet. That's it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
terencio

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 07:15:47 PM

I've prefer having different wallet for a different purpose. If my purpose is for long term, I've keep it in different wallet, I will not combined it to the alts which I am not sure I will hodl it for long.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 08:56:17 PM

I tripped over www.cointracker.io for showing your crypto public addresses and portfolio. But it does not have much in the way of any altcoins.

Just DASH, BCH, and ETH, etc. Less than a dozen...coins..very few of any altcoins.

Is there another one that has a decent amount of altcoins to track with the public addresses in the manner of www.cointracker.io?

Anyway, this one is free and again is OK..but need another in the same manner to track my altcoin empire!

As to hodl'ing altcoins, I myself am not buying but have little invested for what I have in about 5 or they are BCH and BSV and Bitcoin fork

type coins I'm not gonna touch or move, because of IRS and Tax Implementation, etc. That would not be worth it as of now, a real pain.

Thus, hodl'ing what few I have left since 2018 (dumped Dash/Garlicoin (thank god!) some other oddball ones at least when the price was higher in 2018)

As to what is left. Meh! Let it ride, I could get lucky. (or not)

Bitcoin: "Doing the opposite of what people expect, since 2009!" (tm: Bitcoin)

later

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
kauban2018

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 08:28:42 PM

I think its good to hold it up like that and hope that the market will recover this year as to provide us with good redenption as to recovering prices for cryptocoins this year 2019
Xalata

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 09:22:29 PM

I would prefer holding multiple coins in a.single wallet rather than holding multiple coins in different wallets. That way it will be easier to track the progress of my coins rather than checking different wallets one by one.

renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 07:54:05 PM

I understood that it is better to hold maximum 5 different coins and to monitor them, than to hold a lot of them and to have no time on any
dautay_crypto

Activity: 193

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 02:29:06 AM

I understood that it is better to hold maximum 5 different coins and to monitor them, than to hold a lot of them and to have no time on any
It is good way to decentralize portfolio and somehow will help investors to maximize their marginal profits. It is always true that invest in good coins will reduce risks of loss, especially if you buy them at bottom price range. However, it does not guarentee that you will get profits with them, and the point is how long you have to wait to get profits. Spreading to some coins will help you get sparsely chances to take profits between your five coins.
Danda23
Copper Member

Activity: 176
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 04:47:46 AM

I am holding several altcoins too but I prefer holding them in several wallets, reason being that if anything should go wrong, it won't affect my total holding because that could be devastating. Security could be compromised.

▔▔▔▔▔
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 04:50:41 AM

Holding multiple alts need tracing it.
I am apply for many airdrops last year, and allways lost pump moments

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:01:34 AM

Watch every coin price movement is very hard. Maybe sell it immediatelly after recieve the altcoin is the best way. Altcoin that we can get from airdrop is not so much. If you hold multiple altcoins, it seems that you can't manage it by yourself but you need assistance. Maybe member of your family can help you to do it.

akungagal

Activity: 700

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:29:04 AM

I am holding several altcoins too but I prefer holding them in several wallets, reason being that if anything should go wrong, it won't affect my total holding because that could be devastating. Security could be compromised.
well, indeed if we have plans to hold longer, it's better to use a different wallet.
i also did that, i thought it would be safer. indeed it will be a little inconvenient but it's better than losing coins.

syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:13:35 PM

it's not wrong to hold multiple altcoins, but we have to see if the altcoin that we hold has enormous potential for the future or not. however, it won't be good if you hold so many altcoins, but there is no good development of all the coins.
You are right but I don’t think all coins are that much profitable at all. There as only few coins in market that we can trust to invest out money and those coins are
Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Neo are the coins which are famous and mostly investors hold these coins for having huge potential.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
aauchit

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:26:23 PM

yes You can holding multiple altcoin kinds on your wallet, but you have be careful with your asset excatly erc20 token asset but always alert for security
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 06:55:04 PM

I think the best way to hold multiple altcoins is to you different kinds of wallets, because if you store all of them in a single wallet and you get hacked then all your money is gone. Also make sure that your private key is not stored in a vulnerable place and don't clink on necessary links.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 11:31:42 AM

I will strongly advise you use a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano or Trezor especially for long term hold. About the holder wallet you proposed, I have no idea about their trust rating so can't recommend at this time. If you need recommended multi wallets, you should research on Atomic wallet , Trust wallet and Ethos, Atomic wallet being my favorite multi assets software wallet. 

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Ta.Form

Activity: 244
Merit: 14

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 04:12:11 PM

Yes, that's a good idea. I also prefer to keep it in a multi-cryptocurrency wallet. It's easier to check. And does not require much application space on a smartphone. For me, a multi-cryptocurrency wallet is also safe, as long as we store phrases and passwords in a safe place.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: