Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:59:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm All In - Sold My House!  (Read 112516 times)
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:54:54 PM

Gifs won't make price go up, ignorant holder.

Insults on a forum won't make the price go down nor make anyone care what you think.  Tongue
Except they will. I told people countless times to sell because price will go down, you can search my history and see. Price went down as expected due to many logical reasons. Did sheep listen? No of course. And now money is lost and all ahead is tears and empty wallets. Your brought it onto yourselves, greedy holders.

LOL so funny to see you think that your posts make the price move.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
It's called fundamental analysis, dummy. You know, realising fundamental flaws of Bitcoin and why it's not a good currency.

That's why it is dying a slow death.

Was fun while it lasted guys.

I made my money, did you make yours?

Oops, nope you didn't, because you put head in sand like Ostrich and didn't listen when we told you to sell.

What are the fundamental flaws of bitcoin? Referring to deflationary hypothesis?

Unsafe, easy to lose.
Complicated to use for normal person.
Blockchain size too big.
Too volatile.
Most importantly: Risk of 51% attack:
http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/06/16/how-a-mining-monopoly-can-attack-bitcoin/

Educate yourself.

That's about it to make it shit in eyes of a normal person and not uber nerd.

Everyone heard about bitcoin, it's been all over news. It's mainstream. Everyone heard about it and CHOSE not to use it. Accept it, fools!

This is the key- I studied global politial economy in university, and it took me weeks to understand bitcoin. It just takes longer with less base studies, but have patience.

51% attack would be senseless, first, because with current hashrate, it would take tens of millions of dollars in equipment, and second, as soon as you succeeded, the price would crash, making the investment unfruitful. Next.
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:55:37 PM

I challenge any one of you to a debate in a seperate thread with a poll as to who won the debate.

LMAO. That's like visiting an al-qaeda training camp in Yemen and having a debate over whether or not Allah exists and whether Islam is the proper way of life or not.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
semaforo

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:56:33 PM

I had always thought Sevvero was a bit heartless with his taunting of the bulltards, but damn... if anyone is still holding or thinking of doubling down on their horrible bitcoin investments at this point... then really... they're just dumb.

I notice you guys using the words 'dumb' and 'idiot' a lot. Is there any reason these words are so close to your hearts?
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:58:24 PM

51% attack would be senseless, first, because with current hashrate, it would take tens of millions of dollars in equipment, and second, as soon as you succeeded, the price would crash, making the investment unfruitful. Next.
Ha ha ha, you clearly didn't read the thread.

This is fools hope. Hoping it won't go wrong. It can go wrong due to MANY reasons.

The fact is, Bitcoin has failed at it's purpose: decentralisation. Bitcoin is not decentralised if one entity can control network.

You fail. And that's why your currency failed. Enjoy your shit life.

Maybe kill yourself and try again lol!

Maybe in next life you won't be so stupid to buy into scams.
semaforo

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:59:36 PM

I challenge any one of you to a debate in a seperate thread with a poll as to who won the debate.

LMAO. That's like visiting an al-qaeda training camp in Yemen and having a debate over whether or not Allah exists and whether Islam is the proper way of life or not.

Ah so you are likening bitcoin to Islam and this forum to an al qaeda camp in Yemen? But there seems to be plenty of critics like yourself active here, and it would be open to everyone. I understand, I would decline if I were you.
semaforo

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:02:49 PM

Ha ha ha, you clearly didn't read the thread.

This is fools hope. Hoping it won't go wrong. It can go wrong due to MANY reasons.

The fact is, Bitcoin has failed at it's purpose: decentralisation. Bitcoin is not decentralised if one entity can control network.

You fail. And that's why your currency failed. Enjoy your shit life.

Maybe kill yourself and try again lol!

Maybe in next life you won't be so stupid to buy into scams.

If an imaginable failure scenario were grounds to violently spew hatred and aggression on forums, there are many more plausible scenarios where the dollar will fail, as every government issued currency in history has done. You could spend your time warning people about fiat too, but somehow I don't think altruism is really your motivation here.
riiiiising

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:06:43 PM

Ah so you are likening bitcoin to Islam and this forum to an al qaeda camp in Yemen? But there seems to be plenty of critics like yourself active here, and it would be open to everyone. I understand, I would decline if I were you.

No point in debating a group of fanatics that are emotionally and financially committed to bitcoin's success. Islamic mujahideen have already emotionally attached themselves to their cause in the very same way, so there is no sense in wasting time trying to educate them. Many bittards have already awoken from their faze of stupor, but others will not learn until it's too late and their funbucks aren't worth the paper that their wallets are printed on to. At that time, I'd expect an apology, but the bittards will have moved on to their next 'get rich quick' scheme of Iraqi Dinar investment or something similarly dumb and idiotic.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
semaforo

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:14:47 PM

https://blockchain.info/de/pools

The article you posted is interesting, but essentially scare-mongering, with a serious lack of facts.

If you like long odds catastrophe scenarios, you should check out survivalist forums.

Again, the fundamental problem with your narrative is that it is based on anger, and hurt. You have clearly been hurt by something and are seeking revenge, instead of calmly explaining your perspective to people for the sake of their well being.
semaforo

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:51:13 PM

The market sensentiment ultimately determines price. While many may sell to cover expenses, some may have bought in speculatively simply hoping to get rich quick. Others have bought in because of a desire to reduce their participation in the banking system, because of black market activities constrained by financial regulation and surveillance, or because of a sincere conviction that bitcoin represents a technological leap that will not be supplanted by any other cryptocurrency, believing none truly offer any real advantages over bitcoin, or at least no advantages that can outweight Bitcoins advantage of being the first.

The price drops are testing the share of the market with strong conviction, for any of the above reasons. The weak hands, or the get rich quickers, who scare easy and sell, play into the hands of the strong hands, those with firm understanding and conviction, and the market shifts from the weak to the strong hands.

The bitcoin market is further complicated by the ease of price manipulation. There is no government oversight, and it is small enough that prices can be maniplated by whales. This leads to the increased volatility, but the problem fixes itself as soon as word gets out of the money being made by the manipulators, and bigger players enter looking for a piece of the action. This is part of what causes the price spikes.

Past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance, but so far this crash is not a deviation from the past cycles. If there was no risk, there would be nothing to be gained.

In other words, the price is supported by the believers. The firmness of one's belief in the potential of bitcoin is a function of understanding. Bitcoin is not perfect, but it is far superior to the alternatives. Bitcoin will not render fiat obsolete, just as email has not rendered the post office obsolete. But it will dramatically change the landscape of the financial world.

You're free to call me an idiot, but my only regret is not having bought more below $100. I apologize to the people who bought my coins at $1100, and I will gladly buy them back as funds become available. However, I recommend holding, and consider our work to be learning more about bitcoin and informing others about bitcoin. Speculators may cause another rally, or the sheer force of mathematics may drive less spectacular price growth, but in either case, the black market alone will push the price to new highs, regardless of any government action. Remember that the mining pools are pools, not centralized actors, and know that any revolution succeeds based on the conviction of its participants.

Don't be bullied by the voices of naysayers, and remember that the frontier belongs to the intrepid, not the cowardly. Yes, there is banditry and danger on the frontier, but there is also freedom and openness. We will all lose all our money sooner or later, along with our lives, but I personally prefer to rule my fear, rather than to be ruled by it.
       There has never been a revolution that has not met opposition, but it is by perseverance that they succeed. If you are agonizing over losses now and considering selling, consider that this is not, in fact, a get rich quick scheme. The time you spend biting your nails over losses, being tortured by doubt, weathering scorn and lack of understanding from peers, are the work that you are putting into it. If you are not willing to do this work, you are not going to get paid.

dovaboy

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:55:16 PM

Hey, guys, if you still don't want to STFU and admit how dumb you were for trusting unsafe magic money, let me post you a reminder again:

https://i.imgur.com/3mvnFaz.png

This is your life eroding as we speak.
the bottom bat isnt done forming yet, duuuuuuuuhhh  Kiss
samuel999

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

CSGOBetGuide.com - Esports Gambling List

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:05:57 AM

Wonder if he ended up cashing out ever?
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:30:37 AM

Wonder if he ended up cashing out ever?

Probably not, he is in it for the long term.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:25:18 AM

pool?  On trex?
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:38:21 AM

hope the guy is alive heh

yolo
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:14:45 AM

never go full retard, you lose your house and your money good lucks as homeless person.

But yet you just did.  How about reading the story?  This wasn't his only home, it was from inheritance by the looks of it.  OP is just fine. Even at current prices. He would have close to $200,000 Canadian.
LordSonjai

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:42:00 AM

never go full retard, you lose your house and your money good lucks as homeless person.

But yet you just did.  How about reading the story?  This wasn't his only home, it was from inheritance by the looks of it.  OP is just fine. Even at current prices. He would have close to $200,000 Canadian.

Just because this house was inherited doesnt mean that he had a house before the inheritance. Because logically speaking,he wouldn't have lived in that house if he already owned one,I mean why?Because it was bigger or something? Why move into it just to sell it?Doesnt make any sense. I don't know if he is fine that is just assumption,he hasn't replied in quite some time and his latest reply was a bit vague.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:59:02 AM

Hey, guys, if you still don't want to STFU and admit how dumb you were for trusting unsafe magic money, let me post you a reminder again:

This is your life eroding as we speak.

why does your chart start at $63.32?   is that where you were taught to start counting from?
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 05:15:46 AM

Just because this house was inherited doesnt mean that he had a house before the inheritance. Because logically speaking,he wouldn't have lived in that house if he already owned one,I mean why?Because it was bigger or something? Why move into it just to sell it?Doesnt make any sense. I don't know if he is fine that is just assumption,he hasn't replied in quite some time and his latest reply was a bit vague.

This made the news where I live since Alberta is right next door to British Columbia. The property was in his mothers family. His father was also an NHL player for 10 years. I doubt money is an issue. His father also supported the decision.
awais3344_1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:33:09 AM

I think around march. The price was around $500 each. But I think he doesn't care about trolls and shills on these forums. He had the balls to inest 650btc worth of house. And not look back at this forum. He'll be fine as long as he doesn't come back to this forum  Smiley

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:45:23 AM

If he has a job, no debts and 600 BTC he is fine!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: