Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:44:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven.  (Read 73503 times)
grinthumb

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:36:46 PM

This concept makes me grin. A highly scalable CPU+GPU mineable privacy coin,
that aims to enable electronic transactions for all.

No Premine, No Founders Reward, No ICO, No Masternodes

Would you like to get involved in this? Wink

https://grin-tech.org/

Privacy and Fungibility
There are 3 main properties of Grin transactions that make them private:

- There are no addresses.
- There are no amounts.
- 2 transactions, one spending the other, can be merged in a block to form only one, removing all intermediary information.

Grin and MimbleWimble for Bitcoiners

Just posted this in the altcoin discussions to spread the word
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tony884

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:44:00 PM

Which exchange is trading on?
grinthumb

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:46:57 PM

Which exchange is trading on?

Currently, Grin is in floonet phase and its mainnet is not yet running.

Mainnet launch on January 15th. After launch it will begin to appear on exchanges as they list it. The Bisq dex is the first / among the very first.

https://medium.com/@grincoin/where-to-buy-grin-coins-2ba6bbff2387
KhunChan

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:03:33 AM

Hi guys, I have a question .
What does  mining on testnet means exactly? it means that the coins that i mine now till january 15th doesn't have any value and i cannot trade them on exchange? thanks !

Obviously they are not worth anything, as in any other coin in the testnet!

This is not entirely true statement. Sometimes developers encourage beta testers and pay them a small amount of coins in the main network, for participation and assistance. From the examples of the project SERO (Super Zero). Of course, this does not happen often, but it’s still worth clarifying.
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:00:49 AM

Don't you think infinite supply will play role of pressure element on he price of coin ? There is lot of hype before the launch of this coin what is scheduled in two days now. I hope they will be much more careful with security and safety as first impression will be the last. We saw what happens with Beam with vulnerability. These are the two coins succeeded to get attention of everyone in very short time.

It is true that Grin will have an infinite supply but after an initial inflation of 400% it will tend, year after year, to be smaller and smaller, up to 0.
In fact you will have 86400 Grin every day, every month 2592000 Grin, every year about 31000000 Grin, but this means that after 10 years there are 310 million Grin in the market and the inflation will be 10%, after another 10 years it will be 5%, and so on.

Grincoin will not be a store of value with eg Bitcoin, and in fact its purpose wants to be another.
Crypto2011

Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 01:07:13 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2019, 01:19:40 PM by Crypto2011

I just wanted to comment here just in case that in a decade from know I can point somebody these quotes saying " I told you that the majority of cash like transaction on the planet will be done in GRIN"  Cheesy

I wonder if that will ever come to reality. How are they going to beat bitcoin or eth or ripple in the first place?

Because Grin can be added as a side chain to bitcoin? Therefore integrated within it. It also provides a different function to those coins, i.e privacy as well as greater scalibility. The main rivals in the privacy sphere are Zcash and Monero. I'm not sure what benefits ZCash and Monero can provide over Grin.
Dash was a main competitor as well, but seems to have disappeared from attention for some reason in more recent times.
Crypto2011

Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 01:14:16 PM

Can anyone vouch for https[Suspicious link removed]x.io/ or  https://cryptonomist.ch? The latter claims Grin will be available on the nexex exchange from tommorrow on launch date. Yet i've never come across either of these sites before and there is no record of any nexex.io trading pairs on coinmarketcap.com. So I'm concerned about it's legitimacy.
D8V1D

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 02:49:16 PM

It's almost launch day and still no windows wallet. Huh  A bit disappointing.
sprstoner

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 03:10:25 PM

is there any info about the team? what makes this coin unique?

If you're not a bot - read the thread starting from the OP. No altcoin shitposting garbage in this thread please.

huh?

i read, and i couldn't find anything about the team, was doing research before deciding if i wanted to move rigs over at launch.... not garbage or shit-posting, legit wanting to learn about the team members so i can decide if it is something i am interested in for launch or not.

if i overlooked the team page, please enlighten me rather than just shit-posting your garbage in this thread.

i get MW, if that's what you were referencing, maybe the unique comment.... and i read a bunch on that too... just seen hype trains many times before. want to know more. it appears the team wants to be anonymous, as that's what was told to me in their discord. doesn't mean it is bad, just means i cant research as much.

not sure why you wanted to be a jerk...

i wish the coin well... either it is awesome and i can make some BTC, or others flock there dropping difficulty elsewhere and i make BTC. if it does bad i make less BTC. i want more BTC. so i want grin to do well.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 03:58:45 PM

Don't you think infinite supply will play role of pressure element on he price of coin ? There is lot of hype before the launch of this coin what is scheduled in two days now. I hope they will be much more careful with security and safety as first impression will be the last. We saw what happens with Beam with vulnerability. These are the two coins succeeded to get attention of everyone in very short time.

Beam is a money grab, tail emission is a design decision of a solid currency.
It doesn't matter if the pump and dumper can't make cake, its not designed for that so if the tail emission scares you then don't use this coin.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Silent89

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:48:16 PM

When wondows wallet?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 04:59:28 PM

huh?

I'm sorry. Your post sounded a lot like many generic altcoin questions. I'm happy to be mistaken in this case - looks like you've done your research.

The team is anonymous, which isn't particularly surprising given the nature of the project. There is no premine and no dev subsidy though.

Another similar project has a nice corporate structure and a publicly known team but takes a percentage of each block reward.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3509

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:29:20 PM

so i gather the windows miner does not have the wallet, correct? and my mining rig is windows. so

can i install the linux miner on my ubuntu box, which should include the wallet. the ubuntu box has no cards,  just the igpu. then just point the windows miner to the wallet in the ubuntu machine?

ie the wallet does not need to be on the same machine as the miners?

sorry if this is answered somewhere but i am just starting with this. yeah i know im always behind on the cool stuff.
sprstoner

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 06:47:12 PM

huh?

I'm sorry. Your post sounded a lot like many generic altcoin questions. I'm happy to be mistaken in this case - looks like you've done your research.

The team is anonymous, which isn't particularly surprising given the nature of the project. There is no premine and no dev subsidy though.

Another similar project has a nice corporate structure and a publicly known team but takes a percentage of each block reward.

thank you Smiley

i get it, lots of bot comments and i don't really post here, mostly lurk.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 08:42:55 PM

Dear Grin miners,

we are part of independent institute working with future crypto-economics
and privacy technologies. The launch of our community-driven mining pool
[grinpool.co](https://grinpool.co) is unfortunately delayed.

But here is, what we can offer to serious Grin supporters or anyone that searches
a solid & trustworthy Grin mining pool and values stability, availability and
reliability, like we do.

## What can you expect?

- Fast connections, fewer downtimes, fresh patch levels, solid infrastructure
- Fairness, transparency, focus on user satisfaction
- No fees, no ads, no sketchy activity

## Four server locations

- USA (Microsoft Azure Cloud, Premium SKU, Wyoming)
- Germany (1und1 IONOS Enterprise Cloud, Frankfurt, Germany)
- Russia (MAROSNET Telecommunication, Moscow)
- Brasil (Microsoft Azure Cloud, Premium SKU, Sao Paulo)

## Our service

- Payout: via EMail every 48 h (until new payment option is available)
- We allow traffic from: VPN, TOR, I2P, public proxies

## What we can't offer currently

- Stats on web-frontend (for the next 5 days), but stratum server reports
  the correct numbers
- Auto payouts or self-service
- Tested Windows Binaries, GUI wallet Smiley

## Direct support & contact in English and German

Gitter: https://gitter.im/GrinPool-Co/Support
  E-Mail: mail@grinpool.co
  Github: https://github.com/grinpool

## Misc

- Each location is limited to 250 workers.
- You receive the stratum addresses and ports numbers, with your account.
- Any subject could be eligible. Please get in touch with us in case of questions.
- General questions in this thread.
- The stratum server ports will be available three hours before main net launch.
- Applications for account preferred via E-Mail.

Thank you,

Team grinpool.co
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:01:00 AM

ugh. Grinmint pool down?

fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 04:25:03 AM

ugh. Grinmint pool down?

I am able to access it.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
CoinComputer

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 04:36:54 AM

So if there are no addresses and exchanges of Grin are 'person to person' so to speak, then if I mine on a pool using windows miner, how would I be rewarded for mining ?  Is it by IP, email ?  I don't have a Linux instance currently to view the wallet.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:50:38 AM

ugh. Grinmint pool down?
I am able to access it.
can't mine here and the graphs have gone to zero.
wait. as I type it's coming back.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 04:52:43 AM

So if there are no addresses and exchanges of Grin are 'person to person' so to speak, then if I mine on a pool using windows miner, how would I be rewarded for mining ?  Is it by IP, email ?  I don't have a Linux instance currently to view the wallet.

Once you set up a wallet you'll be able to request a payout via any method supported by your pool.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: