Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:02:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does Ico last?  (Read 15730 times)
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:43:13 PM

2018 was not a good year for some ICO or should i say most of the ICO.
there are alot of project who were postponed to have their sales this year.
ICO is limitless it will depend on the ICO team to decide.
Of course, the team is always trying to attract large investments for their project, and for this they will still extend Eco to the company, as well as offer various bonuses for the investor in order to improve interest in their activities.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 06:45:34 PM

The duration for an ICO depends on the team and what they want to achieve or say their plans for the project. There is no limit to it. You just have to choose to ignore if you think the period for the ICO is too long.
Planning that must be mature is a key for ico and the projeck is not just just making and going. they are really serious in developing the project to be able to get a new thing for cryptocurrency and innovation for people who will use their platform or products
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 07:01:09 PM

I believe that ICO is a good way to raise funds for the projects, but due to many scam projects over the past one years or so, many investors have lost interest in it, so these days, many ICOs have failed.

Right, investor now disappointed for many scam ICO. And price of market very low. So after all people who loved ICO he go away from ICO. So ICO will be no more near future if this condition go on.   

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 07:10:09 PM

There is no specific rule or law that states how long an ICO should last. As far as I know, only the team can decide when to stop (perhaps the bigger investors can also suggest). You can only base the duration from past ICOs. 
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 07:16:47 PM

There is never a stipulated time given to ICO the timing depends on the road map of the project and must teams always make their ICO time duration known to they investors and participants, some icos last even up to a year and some in less then a month.
djkyno

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 07:22:04 PM

It can last for a few weeks or several months, depending on the team decision and the funds collected. Usually, if the project is really promising and having a real product and an attractive concept, the ICO doesn't last for many months because it reaches at least the soft cap in a short amount of time.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 07:30:28 PM

It should not. What does last forever by now? Grin

2 to 3 months is the longest I have seen. When they want extensions mostly it just takes another 2 weeks for it to be completed. Some of them just one to hit that soft cap just so they could continue with their project.

Have you tried those to be checked? Soft cap? How about their roadmap? Are they still following it?
Next time do a lot of research and do not let them be the one who do commands. If you are a client or investor it will be best for them to answer you clearly with the right links to where they at by now.
IndianaJons

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 07:38:28 PM

How long does Ico last?

So, my friend is participating in the subscription campaign in the OUTOFTHLOUD project. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4814891.0
then something has changed and now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5085373
The rewards program began on August 1 and continues to this day. It has been 8 long months. Posts in social networks stopped at the end of 2018. For all Telegram questions, when the program ends for a fee, my friend gets one answer - after Ico. When asked when Ico will end - silence.
It’s a pity to throw a signature, it turns out 8 months of work wasted ...

Tell me, is there a limit on the duration of Ico? It can not last forever?

The longer the ICO project lasts, the less belief that it will end safely. These are difficult times for the crypto market and many good projects take a long time to get the necessary amount of investment, but they continue to work on their project and publish news on developments.

Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 07:38:34 PM

The  very good and hot ICO projects can get over in days or even minutes. The bad ones can linger on for many months and still not raise the minimum soft cap needed.
daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 10:06:37 PM

To the best of my knowledge, I really don't know if there is a precise time for which an ICO should last. I have participated in several ico with varying periods, some lasted for 1month.

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 10:12:28 PM

How long does Ico last?

So, my friend is participating in the subscription campaign in the OUTOFTHLOUD project. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4814891.0
then something has changed and now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5085373
The rewards program began on August 1 and continues to this day. It has been 8 long months. Posts in social networks stopped at the end of 2018. For all Telegram questions, when the program ends for a fee, my friend gets one answer - after Ico. When asked when Ico will end - silence.

The current situation is inexplicable and most projects do not know how to behave. If they finish the ICO and list in any exchange, will you be able to earn profit? Probably Not. If the project is reliable, give them some more time.
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:13:17 PM

To the best of my knowledge, I really don't know if there is a precise time for which an ICO should last. I have participated in several ico with varying periods, some lasted for 1month.
If you are a bounty hunter, better to look its cover period before participating cause it is usually stated by BM in the OP. If you don't see anything or just like TBA (to be announce), then its up to you to participate with them or else skip that campaign  and look for another. Its all about our choice and finding good ICO, if that is worthy for our long spend time with them, then why not?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
durudara

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:15:50 PM

How long does Ico last?

indeed that is the fact that happened at the ICO at this time their duration is uncertain and they like to extend the duration of the ICO at will without giving clarity to the participants and their supporters. this all happened on the grounds that the market conditions were not yet stable, but I think they should be professionals with the courage to hold an ICO, they should have a way to deal with such matters so as not to disappoint investors and their supporters.
muratsink

Activity: 1330
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:18:07 PM

each ICO has a Road Map, and you can see it on the ICO website. but, sometimes the team has a different decision, so it is not in accordance with the Road Map.

Team decisions are based on the progress of selling tokens that are not good. so the team extended the ICO.

Bear markets make investors afraid to participate in the ICO, so ICO sales are very slow.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
StreakW

Activity: 1189
Merit: 107

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:21:21 PM

That's so sad 8 months wasting times. That's why if want to join in signatures champaign dont only see the alocation. Many people join in signature because the alocation so high, without research first. Because we only can join in 1 signatures champaign make sure the project is clear.

And about How long does Ico last? I think normal ICO include private sale+ Main sale on average 3 months and maximum of 6 months, over 6 Months, thats suspicious

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 10:23:12 PM

2018 was not a good year for some ICO or should i say most of the ICO.
there are alot of project who were postponed to have their sales this year.
ICO is limitless it will depend on the ICO team to decide.
Yes, every activity has been scheduled in the roadmap of the Ico project. Sometimes the schedule runs smoothly, applies to projects that are really good and potential. the opposite happens if the project is not strong enough so that it does not attract the market, eventually the scheduled activities do not go according to the roadmap, which is why many Ico are extended.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:25:23 PM

If you are lucky.. a few months.. but i have joined some ICOs that have been extended for more than a year, which is pretty frustrating for investors, bounty hunters... But there is one other way to raise funds during a bear market!

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
EnormousCoin101

Activity: 510
Merit: 100

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:29:54 PM

Since the bearish market started almost all ICO's extend their token sale due to the small amount of contribution and as most of the bounty campaign rules wherein it is stated that "Bounty campaign will last until ICO ends or all token was sold".

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:34:05 PM

each ICO has a Road Map, and you can see it on the ICO website. but, sometimes the team has a different decision, so it is not in accordance with the Road Map.

Team decisions are based on the progress of selling tokens that are not good. so the team extended the ICO.

Bear markets make investors afraid to participate in the ICO, so ICO sales are very slow.

And most of the time, they don't follow their roadmap.
If the project is weak and have hard time collecting funds, the usual scenario is extend their coin sale hoping that they will achieve their soft cap.
And with the market situation that were encountered last year, most projects either extended their token sale or stop their project.
And without central authority to dictate how long they should handle ICO, everyone can make their own timeline.
It all depends on their financial situation, it can last for a month or a year. Better assess the project well before joining any of them.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:34:37 PM

only the ICO project team can determine that. because all decisions are on the team. the current project is indeed very long in duration. I personally followed several projects which in my opinion were very long. but if it reaches 8 months. in my opinion it is bad. because if ICO fails, your friend has wasted 8 months without results.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: