Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does Ico last?  (Read 15718 times)
likit123 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:47:52 AM

How long does Ico last?

So, my friend is participating in the subscription campaign in the OUTOFTHLOUD project. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4814891.0
then something has changed and now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5085373
The rewards program began on August 1 and continues to this day. It has been 8 long months. Posts in social networks stopped at the end of 2018. For all Telegram questions, when the program ends for a fee, my friend gets one answer - after Ico. When asked when Ico will end - silence.
It’s a pity to throw a signature, it turns out 8 months of work wasted ...

Tell me, is there a limit on the duration of Ico? It can not last forever?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TechComputer

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:59:58 AM

Actually, if I can say, there is no limit on how long does the ICO last but most of them are typically run about 3-4 months. In your statement regarding the ICO, it seems like you were asking about the bounty since you put up a link on the bounty.
romelitounknown

Activity: 279
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:10:16 AM

Actually there is no limit on how many months an ICO lasts, it's all depends on them how long they were going to run their sales but mostly ico ends within 3 to 5 months.
Wayrey2020

Activity: 198
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:11:27 AM

Ico last on the stated date of the project doing the ico, I think the problem your friend has about the project is that he don't read the rules well before joining the campaign and it T/C. Although some projects do extend their ico but not as long as you think, possibly the project is dead tell your friend to go get another one doing.
Chika08

Activity: 544
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:19:03 AM

Well the odd pard is that there is specifically a date when an ico ends, some can last as long as 12months while the normal month is 1 - 3monts some lasts weeks though. The problem of your friend is from the bounty manager who made the hunters suffer. I would have left the campaign in-between
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:32:52 AM

I understand your sentiment especially from the viewpoint of someone participating in its promotion and even from the viewpoint of someone who bought some tokens or coins from the project. Eight months can indeed be a long time for a project in the ICO sphere though this is not abnormal with projects not connected with cryptocurrency or blockchain as projects can really take time to take off and there had been ones that took years before finally flying into the industry they are in.  Unfortunately, we don't have the power to demand as it all boils down to the team behind the project to decide when they will end their crowdfunding phase.
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1937

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 10:45:04 AM

I participated in the bounty of this project in social networks, but I stopped working for them, since such a long bounty does not suit me. The fact that the team does not respond is very bad for their reputation.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:18:23 AM

This is more like "when will Out Of The Cloud" bounty end?
As far as I know, it ends March 14.

Anyway, to the topic how long does an ICO last, this probably depends on the market condition now. I remember in 2017 where ICOs only lasts a month or two. Back then, investors would even ask for extensions from ICO team. Today, you never really know when it ends. Things have changed a lot, it is now the ICO teams that keeps on extending their campaign hoping more investors will come in.
Peanyut991

Activity: 287

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:25:58 AM

A good ICO must have a clear time about when the ICO starts and ends. If ICO projects extend the ICO period maybe they haven't reached their softcap or hardcap. But if the ICO project does not have a team, a roadmap, and a clear profile is definitely a scam project.

Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:30:29 AM

I believe that ICO is a good way to raise funds for the projects, but due to many scam projects over the past one years or so, many investors have lost interest in it, so these days, many ICOs have failed.
Actually, many people are now tired on investing scam and failed ICO but right now it very difficult to choose good ICO. Right now many ICO have long token sale due to reach hard cap or in order to attract more investors that will invest in their project.
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:32:54 AM

Unfortunately. Not. And your admin should give the opportunity to leave the project. Or you should make that decision yourself. Too much effort you invested it might not pay off. Of course, if you have been with them for 7 months, it's silly to leave the project.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:34:21 AM

A good ICO must have a clear time about when the ICO starts and ends. If ICO projects extend the ICO period maybe they haven't reached their softcap or hardcap. But if the ICO project does not have a team, a roadmap, and a clear profile is definitely a scam project.
Indeed, they should be more careful on dealing with the time frame because investors wants to make sure that they will deliver on time. ICO usually last for 3 months before but I think a lot of project are extended up to last month of this year, just try to avoid this kind of scam project.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:38:12 AM

ICOs are created to make money or raise money from the fools, so as long as they can prolong their scheme and earn money from them, they will keep it up. it can take as long as they want and there is nobody looking over them so they do whatever they want.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:41:26 AM

preferably before joining the bounty, ask beforehand the old ico. Usually the fastest is 3 months and at most up to 1 year, make sure to choose the best ico
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:45:05 AM

preferably before joining the bounty, ask beforehand the old ico. Usually the fastest is 3 months and at most up to 1 year, make sure to choose the best ico

And that there are only 2 possible things why they keep on extending ICO, one is that the funds they raise is still not enough to support the project. Other terms is not reaching the softcap. The other reason they keep on extending is that they are scammers just fooling it's investors and a possible scam exit once they had enough or are finally found out.
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 11:47:32 AM

How long does Ico last?

So, my friend is participating in the subscription campaign in the OUTOFTHLOUD project. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4814891.0
then something has changed and now https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5085373
The rewards program began on August 1 and continues to this day. It has been 8 long months. Posts in social networks stopped at the end of 2018. For all Telegram questions, when the program ends for a fee, my friend gets one answer - after Ico. When asked when Ico will end - silence.

Of course ICO can't last forever , but it can take a very long time (a year or even more) until the project collects the amount of money they need or decides to abandon this venture and cancel the fundraising. Nowadays, waiting for half a year before the end of ico is completely normal, so be patient and hope you don’t have to wait until the end of ico for a whole year
clonely

Activity: 490

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 11:54:28 AM

How long does Ico last?

I'm sorry for your friend. Unfortunately, the market conditions are forced to extend ICO teams to the process. 8 months are too long. And in the end, it's possible that its not successful. I hope you can get results in the fastest time.

hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 12:00:29 PM

How long does Ico last?

Yes sometimes it takes a year in order to finish an ICO, not the same as before wherein ICO's are just in a two months period that they are already established. I hope soon ICO's should be responsible enough to speed up their process.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 12:02:44 PM

How long does Ico last?

If the ICO has no time to end, I think that ICO is dead and they cannot continue with that project. I have seen many such projects in the past time, they cannot achieve softcap or hardcap to finish ICO
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 12:51:22 PM

How long does Ico last?

Icos vary indifferently; some icos last for just a day
Some icos reach softcap and hardcap in just 7 days

Where as some icos last 3 months and end up not reaching softcap

It all depends on your project
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: