Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77366 times)
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 707

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 20, 2023, 10:35:20 AM

Part of the problem that I have been finding for several years, is that there are a lot of folks who seem to want to tout these ideas of correlation, which yeah they are likely quite true in the short-term, but the misleading aspect is that it ONLY takes a short-period of non-correlation for those who had been relying on the correlation assertion to get fucked by their own reliance - so I personally believe it is way better to start from a premise that they are not correlated.. rather than starting from a premise that they are.. and in that regard, I hardly give a ratt's ass if BTC prices and equities (stock markets) are correlated 95% of the time, and then 5% of the time, BTC ends up doing a 10x jump in comparison to stocks/equities, and then thereafter BTC ends up going back to being correlated for the next 3-4 years until it is not correlated again for another 10x jump.. . You can look back at the BTC charts and you can see those kinds of patterns of mostly correlation except for those short-periods in which the BTC price jumps up 10x, 100x or whatever, and then comes back down.

. so the fact of the matter would be that anyone who had been largely relying on correlation gets fucked during each of those periods of non-correlation because they might 1) fail to invest enough into bitcoin, or 2) they might sell too much too early.. part of the reason that bitcoin is really early in its adoption levels, and you get all kinds of folks thinking that they are smart when they sell on the way up but then the BTC price does another 5x to 10x after they sold.

You are absolutely right that this weak correlation can be misleading for some forks as it can impact their decision making to invest in Bitcoin during the dip. Starting from the premise of non-correlation, as it will force investors to examine Bitcoin buying opportunity on its own merits rather than simply assuming that it will move in lockstep with other asset.

Amidst the successive collapse of Banks in USA ,there is widespread  speculation in social media that Bitcoin is likely to reach $1 Million dollar mark in the next 3 months, please advise your expert opinion on this matter. Thanks.

https://bitcoinist.com/former-coinbase-cto-places-2-million-bet-that-bitcoin-will-hit-1-million-in-90-days/

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 20, 2023, 08:11:44 PM

Part of the problem that I have been finding for several years, is that there are a lot of folks who seem to want to tout these ideas of correlation, which yeah they are likely quite true in the short-term, but the misleading aspect is that it ONLY takes a short-period of non-correlation for those who had been relying on the correlation assertion to get fucked by their own reliance - so I personally believe it is way better to start from a premise that they are not correlated.. rather than starting from a premise that they are.. and in that regard, I hardly give a ratt's ass if BTC prices and equities (stock markets) are correlated 95% of the time, and then 5% of the time, BTC ends up doing a 10x jump in comparison to stocks/equities, and then thereafter BTC ends up going back to being correlated for the next 3-4 years until it is not correlated again for another 10x jump.. . You can look back at the BTC charts and you can see those kinds of patterns of mostly correlation except for those short-periods in which the BTC price jumps up 10x, 100x or whatever, and then comes back down.

. so the fact of the matter would be that anyone who had been largely relying on correlation gets fucked during each of those periods of non-correlation because they might 1) fail to invest enough into bitcoin, or 2) they might sell too much too early.. part of the reason that bitcoin is really early in its adoption levels, and you get all kinds of folks thinking that they are smart when they sell on the way up but then the BTC price does another 5x to 10x after they sold.
You are absolutely right that this weak correlation can be misleading for some forks as it can impact their decision making to invest in Bitcoin during the dip. Starting from the premise of non-correlation, as it will force investors to examine Bitcoin buying opportunity on its own merits rather than simply assuming that it will move in lockstep with other asset.

Amidst the successive collapse of Banks in USA ,there is widespread  speculation in social media that Bitcoin is likely to reach $1 Million dollar mark in the next 3 months, please advise your expert opinion on this matter. Thanks.
https://bitcoinist.com/former-coinbase-cto-places-2-million-bet-that-bitcoin-will-hit-1-million-in-90-days/

I think that bitcoin reaching $1million in 90 days is less than 1%, but sure of course, I could be wrong, and the percentage could be higher than that..... but if you even think that there are 10% odds, that seems loonie to me... Of course, anything can happen, but it seems best to attempt to stick with more likely scenarios rather than crazy ass scenarios that might also presume some kind of an armagaedon happening.. .. because if you think about matters, the whole world would really be fucked if BTC prices were to go up that fast.

In December 2021, I had provided some estimates of time and price, and for sure whenever we are attempting to combine both time and price we have to combine the probabilities, so it becomes even less probable to combine the two..

So for example, if we really could know that there was a 50% chance that BTC prices would peak in 90 days, then we would have to lower our percentages based on the various numbers that we might assign to the peak, and if we want to attempt to capture the whole of the spectrum, we have to assign values to various points on a spectrum.. and the totality of the spectrum (of adding up 100%) should account for up, down and sideways.

On an individual level, each of us needs to be careful not to get caught up in such hype assertions, and we have to personally attempt to prepare for a variety of scenarios, to be able to buy more BTC if it goes down and also have plans for what are we going to do if the BTC price goes up or sideways, and likely our plans would be different if we assign higher probabilities to various events, but if we are not being very realistic about the percentages that we assign, then we are likely to either suffer or to not benefit.

Don't get me wrong in terms of my seeming conservativism, because I do believe that there are ways to plan for outrageous scenarios, and I do believe that it is better to plot out some kind of plan in the event that outrageous scenarios were to happen in either direction which may well include selling some BTC if the price were to go up really quickly like that... but I surely cannot tell you how much I believe would be prudent to sell, and we are getting off of the topic of this thread.. with such fantasies. .that's for sure, but we are not really off  of the topic of this thread to figure out personal strategies how to plan for the possibility for outrageous events, and if the event seems outrageous, and if you believe that it is 5% likely to happen, then you should not put anymore than 5% of your preparations into such an event.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Sayeds56
Copper Member

View Profile
March 21, 2023, 06:20:31 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2023, 06:36:19 AM by Sayeds56
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Don't get me wrong in terms of my seeming conservativism, because I do believe that there are ways to plan for outrageous scenarios, and I do believe that it is better to plot out some kind of plan in the event that outrageous scenarios were to happen in either direction which may well include selling some BTC if the price were to go up really quickly like that... but I surely cannot tell you how much I believe would be prudent to sell, and we are getting off of the topic of this thread.. with such fantasies. .that's for sure, but we are not really off  of the topic of this thread to figure out personal strategies how to plan for the possibility for outrageous events, and if the event seems outrageous, and if you believe that it is 5% likely to happen, then you should not put anymore than 5% of your preparations into such an event.

I appreciate your insights and completely agree with your viewpoint on planning for unexpected and extreme scenarios. Being prepared for unforeseen event is always better than being caught off guard. When it comes to selling Bitcoin, it is important to make informed decisions based on personnel financial situation, risk tolerance and investment goals.

Allocating resources towards preparing for outrageous event is a wise decision, but it is also crucial to ensure that you are  not over committing towards unlikely scenarios to avoid unnecessary stress and financial strain.  

Overall, having a well-thought-out plan that takes into account potential risks and unexpected events is key to achieving long term financial stability.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Rabata

Activity: 756
Merit: 170

View Profile
March 21, 2023, 01:06:52 PM

I think that bitcoin reaching $1million in 90 days is less than 1%, but sure of course, I could be wrong, and the percentage could be higher than that..... but if you even think that there are 10% odds, that seems loonie to me... Of course, anything can happen, but it seems best to attempt to stick with more likely scenarios rather than crazy ass scenarios that might also presume some kind of an armagaedon happening.. .. because if you think about matters, the whole world would really be fucked if BTC prices were to go up that fast.
You are right. When I heard such a news I found it strange and those who are in the crypto world might call such prediction as fake which is very normal thing. But what if we think positively. Did anyone think of $70k at that moment when some one could buy a pizza by paying large amount of BTC? At that time it was an unrealistic fantasy to think the price of $70k. But at one point BTC reached that price. Now it is hard to believe the statement that BTC will go to 1 million in 90 days but it can happen, it is possible. According to the expectation of 1 million should not be invested but we can see its potential. I think if it is 100k instead of 1 million then what is bad? As such I think there is still that time to buy bitcoin.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2023, 02:38:23 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2023, 02:54:25 PM by JayJuanGee

You are right. When I heard such a news I found it strange and those who are in the crypto world might call such prediction as fake which is very normal thing. But what if we think positively. Did anyone think of $70k at that moment when some one could buy a pizza by paying large amount of BTC? At that time it was an unrealistic fantasy to think the price of $70k. But at one point BTC reached that price. Now it is hard to believe the statement that BTC will go to 1 million in 90 days but it can happen, it is possible. According to the expectation of 1 million should not be invested but we can see its potential. I think if it is 100k instead of 1 million then what is bad? As such I think there is still that time to buy bitcoin.

There have been high side price scenarios in bitcoin since before I got involved in studying bitcoin (in late 2013), when I got into bitcoin, there were already scenarios for $1million bitcoin, and of course, since bitcoin's then existence and price history were shorter, those kinds of claims seemed way more speculative (and theoretical) rather than fact-based, so the passage of an additional 9 years.. or even to witness bitcoin operating for more than 14 years can provide quite a bit more confidence in terms of the growth patterns of various network effects - including the studying of the network categories that had been outlined by Trace Mayer around 2015 - https://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/the-seven-network-effects-of-bitcoin/

Even in this post from late 2014 shows a projection for $1 million bitcoin for mid-2026.. and I am pretty sure that there were threads on the topic that went up to $1million or more per bitcoin that were earlier than 2013.

So in some sense, we are debating more about when $1 million rather than if $1 million, even if the "if" part is not 100% certain either....

Of course, one of our more recent entrants into the bitcoin space (Greg Foss), suggests that his model for $2 million bitcoin is a conservative one, and he does not want to place a timeline on his projection because there is a lot of uncertainty in terms of attempting to project both price and time (even though in this article, Foss seems to be suggesting $2 million per bitcoin by 2031), and Foss's projection is using "today's dollar value" rather than relying upon either inflation or a debasement of the dollar in order to achieve those kinds of bitcoin price trajectory values.

And regarding the pizza story in which Laszlo bought two pizzas for 10k bitcoin, don't get fooled by that.. because it hardly even matters regarding how many bitcoin that Laszlo used to buy those pizzas since bitcoin hardly even had any price at that time - so anyone who was "in the know" about bitcoin in May 2010 or so (hey that is already nearly a year and a half of bitcoin already being in existence and operating live), there was no price for bitcoin and hardly anyone knew about bitcoin.. so there is a lot of purpose to just start to network out bitcoin into various parts of the community and to even to start to engage in various kinds of price discovery.. which seemed to have had started right around the time (or soon after Laszlo's pizza transaction).

Frequently any of us who are hearing about bitcoin are faced with dealing with the information at the time that we find out about it, and surely if we made mistakes in the past or failed/refused to act upon information in the past, then hopefully we can learn from those mistakes and figure out strategies to deal with what we are going to do about our bitcoin exposure in current times rather than speculating too much about the past (beyond merely attempting to learn from those dynamics and attempting to consider those various past dynamics within a context that helps us to better learn about bitcoin's history - pricewise and otherwise).

Many times in this thread (and even in this forum), we have discussed, how any of us might deal with information that we hear about bitcoin in current times, and we cannot even necessarily presume that people know what bitcoin is, merely because they have heard the word or they have heard other people talk about bitcoin in various kinds of ways, so even in current times, there are a lot of people who think (believe) that they sufficiently and adequately know what bitcoin is merely because they have heard the word and they had spent some time learning about bitcoin, yet part of the problem remains that there is a lot of bad (and misleading) information out there, and so in that regard, it could take hundreds of hours of studying bitcoin before starting to assure one's self that s/he is starting to understand bitcoin and to sufficiently/adequately be able to differentiate the better information about bitcoin from the not so good information about bitcoin.  I am not even suggesting that it is easy to do, even though it is quite likely that we are still in a state in which there would be way more people investing into bitcoin if they actually understood it a bit better.. so in those regards, we remain in quite early days in bitcoin's adoption.. and $1 million prices can come to bitcoin fairly easily.. but it is likely still going to take a decent amount of time to get there, and of course, there are no guarantees that the path to $1million will be straight up, or that there will not be a lot of battles and pain along the way, including a variety of ways in which bitcoin HODLers are forcefully separated from their coins, in part due to their failure/refusal to sufficiently and adequately study/understand what is bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Sayeds56
Copper Member

View Profile
March 22, 2023, 03:57:04 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2023, 06:24:28 AM by Sayeds56

Many times in this thread (and even in this forum), we have discussed, how any of us might deal with information that we hear about bitcoin in current times, and we cannot even necessarily presume that people know what bitcoin is, merely because they have heard the word or they have heard other people talk about bitcoin in various kinds of ways, so even in current times, there are a lot of people who think (believe) that they sufficiently and adequately know what bitcoin is merely because they have heard the word and they had spent some time learning about bitcoin, yet part of the problem remains that there is a lot of bad (and misleading) information out there, and so in that regard, it could take hundreds of hours of studying bitcoin before starting to assure one's self that s/he is starting to understand bitcoin and to sufficiently/adequately be able to differentiate the better information about bitcoin from the not so good information about bitcoin.  I am not even suggesting that it is easy to do, even though it is quite likely that we are still in a state in which there would be way more people investing into bitcoin if they actually understood it a bit better.. so in those regards, we remain in quite early days in bitcoin's adoption.. and $1 million prices can come to bitcoin fairly easily.. but it is likely still going to take a decent amount of time to get there, and of course, there are no guarantees that the path to $1million will be straight up, or that there will not be a lot of battles and pain along the way, including a variety of ways in which bitcoin HODLers are forcefully separated from their coins, in part due to their failure/refusal to sufficiently and adequately study/understand what is bitcoin.

In deed, it is crucial to view any information in context of our decision rather than dwelling on past mistakes or missed opportunities. Since Bitcoin is constantly evolving technology that can be difficult to understand fully, however by acknowledging our previous mistakes and utilizing current knowledge/information, we can adjust our strategies accordingly.

It is also vital to stay informed and up-to-date on developments in Bitcoin ecosystem as new information can impact its market price. Keeping an open mind and continuously learning about Bitcoin can help to make informed decisions.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2023, 11:25:08 PM
Merited by Baofeng (1)

Many times in this thread (and even in this forum), we have discussed, how any of us might deal with information that we hear about bitcoin in current times, and we cannot even necessarily presume that people know what bitcoin is, merely because they have heard the word or they have heard other people talk about bitcoin in various kinds of ways, so even in current times, there are a lot of people who think (believe) that they sufficiently and adequately know what bitcoin is merely because they have heard the word and they had spent some time learning about bitcoin, yet part of the problem remains that there is a lot of bad (and misleading) information out there, and so in that regard, it could take hundreds of hours of studying bitcoin before starting to assure one's self that s/he is starting to understand bitcoin and to sufficiently/adequately be able to differentiate the better information about bitcoin from the not so good information about bitcoin.  I am not even suggesting that it is easy to do, even though it is quite likely that we are still in a state in which there would be way more people investing into bitcoin if they actually understood it a bit better.. so in those regards, we remain in quite early days in bitcoin's adoption.. and $1 million prices can come to bitcoin fairly easily.. but it is likely still going to take a decent amount of time to get there, and of course, there are no guarantees that the path to $1million will be straight up, or that there will not be a lot of battles and pain along the way, including a variety of ways in which bitcoin HODLers are forcefully separated from their coins, in part due to their failure/refusal to sufficiently and adequately study/understand what is bitcoin.

In deed, it is crucial to view any information in context of our decision rather than dwelling on past mistakes or missed opportunities. Since Bitcoin is constantly evolving technology that can be difficult to understand fully, however by acknowledging our previous mistakes and utilizing current knowledge/information, we can adjust our strategies accordingly.

It is also vital to stay informed and up-to-date on developments in Bitcoin ecosystem as new information can impact its market price. Keeping an open mind and continuously learning about Bitcoin can help to make informed decisions.

I know that when I first got into bitcoin, in late 2013, I was at a place in my life in which I was specifically looking for new kinds of investing.. and bitcoin fit into my target (kind of investing that I was looking for) and I felt that I had time to "look into it" and to "spend time with it."

I cannot completely blame anyone who believes that s/he "does not have time" to look into bitcoin.. and I realize that in the life of any particular person, priorities change based upon what kinds of things they are pursuing whether they are engaged in professional explorations or even lifestyle priorities, yet one interesting aspect of bitcoin should be that the perilous nature of the whole fiat-based economic system may well be rearing its head and forcing questions about the whole fiat-based economic system to be brought into question in ways that were not as much present in the 90s and in the 00s.. and surely, I recall that I was NOT even that worried about the 2008-related shenanigans, because I had some movement of my investments that were fairly lucky in terms of pulling some value out of equities in 2007, and then slowly injecting value back into equities between 2009 and 2011.. so in some ways, I profited from the 2008 drop because co-incidentally, I had pulled some out.. but that was likely largely a kind of luck that did not really inspire me into "looking" into matters at that time, because I largely felt that my various investments (at that point of my life) were mostly working for me... and little by little i was getting ahead and ongoingly building wealth.. even though I was not thinking about things like bitcoin.

So, part of my point is that we cannot necessarily expect anyone to come to believe that they need to get involved in bitcoin, even if it seems to be becoming more clear that some kind of hedge against fiat-based-systems should be becoming more and more obvious.. especially in recent times of seeming panic from Fed reserves  and also the banking problems that seem to have some weird resolutions, and including some of the traveling restrictions and the social monitoring that seems to have had been pushed in the past few years with the "pandemic" as a kind of weird excuse that is not really seeming to "add up" as much as it sounded fine in early 2020.. but a lot of contradictions and lack of evidence has come to the forefront that may also start to inspire normal folks to want to investigate into manners in which they might be able to hedge against some of the seeming irregularities of the fiat-based systems and status quo financial investments... including that even the possibilities that we might have another real estate bubble and various other bubbles popping.... to cause questions about where to put value that can be sustained over 4-10 years or maybe even 20 to 30 years.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
March 22, 2023, 11:35:44 PM

During the 2008-2009, I would say that I also benefited from it, not from my invested or something, but when I was lay-off that time, we were given severence pay (I was lucky), and so I didn't expect that it will be huge at least in my end during that time. So I just, used it to fuel my business and find some online jobs to continue to have money in my pocket, and to bring food in the table. But if ever I got the chance to invest on bitcoin that time or years later with that money I got, I will surely do.

And it take I guess experience for individual to really know what a financial crisis is, on how to hedge their wealth or money. It's hard but if people have undergone that experience, we can go back as far as the dotcom burst in Y2K for me. That time, I think I'm fine, working with a good company that time, with stock options and other financial benefits. But the 2008-2009 was very different for me, and it really open my eyes to look for more investments or at least find something that you can do to have a continuous money flow in your system.

But when I got into Bitcoin, ++ for my experience, and as I become older (or wiser), yeah, we need to find some leverage on something specially on what is going on around the world. We might have different opinions on bitcoin, not seeing it's worth or something, but I'm just talking about my personal experience here and it's really hard to be in a position not to have money, or if you have money the value is going down.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 12:17:42 AM

During the 2008-2009, I would say that I also benefited from it, not from my invested or something, but when I was lay-off that time, we were given severence pay (I was lucky), and so I didn't expect that it will be huge at least in my end during that time. So I just, used it to fuel my business and find some online jobs to continue to have money in my pocket, and to bring food in the table. But if ever I got the chance to invest on bitcoin that time or years later with that money I got, I will surely do.

And it take I guess experience for individual to really know what a financial crisis is, on how to hedge their wealth or money. It's hard but if people have undergone that experience, we can go back as far as the dotcom burst in Y2K for me. That time, I think I'm fine, working with a good company that time, with stock options and other financial benefits. But the 2008-2009 was very different for me, and it really open my eyes to look for more investments or at least find something that you can do to have a continuous money flow in your system.

But when I got into Bitcoin, ++ for my experience, and as I become older (or wiser), yeah, we need to find some leverage on something specially on what is going on around the world. We might have different opinions on bitcoin, not seeing it's worth or something, but I'm just talking about my personal experience here and it's really hard to be in a position not to have money, or if you have money the value is going down.

Of course, each of us start from differing places in terms of how much wealth we might have or how much income we might have that we might be able to invest, so it seems to me that the more that we end up investing into certain kinds of assets/currencies/properties/commodities, then the more we will pay attention to them more.

So there seem to be ways that we can better learn about ourselves and our investments by investing into things and then we start to pay more attention to which ones we are invested into.

Each of us are likely somewhat greedy and self-interested creatures, and I am not really sure what it is about bitcoin that caused me to learn a lot more about myself, because before I came into bitcoin, I had already established dollar cost averaging ways of investing, but there was nothing in my investment history that was even close to as volatile as bitcoin and nothing that was so intricately complex of an investment that had ways in which it realistically could have impacts on a lot of different sectors of the world, so I learn about myself beyond the terms of my cashflow, measuring how many bitcoins I was accumulating (and how), my other investments, my view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, my timeline, risk tolerance, and my time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets) and my abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments.  There were other aspects of fields of study in the world that I learned better in terms of game theory, politics, monetary theory, technology, some aspects of reading price charts and attempts at comparative analysis, predictive analysis and other areas, and surely I am not even going to proclaim to have become an expert in any of the many areas that bitcoin seems to potentially touch.

Frequently, when we learn new areas or fields of study, and we might not necessarily realize what we had not known previously, but there can also end up being a lot of ways in which we learn about the existence of many areas that still do not know very well, even if we spend a lot of time studying, and then even studying individuals versus ideas and trying to figure out the extent to rely upon authorities that we might trust and not trust, which may largely be attempts at honing and improving critical thinking skills.   

Sayeds56
Copper Member

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 07:24:45 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2023, 07:39:16 AM by Sayeds56

Each of us are likely somewhat greedy and self-interested creatures, and I am not really sure what it is about bitcoin that caused me to learn a lot more about myself, because before I came into bitcoin, I had already established dollar cost averaging ways of investing, but there was nothing in my investment history that was even close to as volatile as bitcoin and nothing that was so intricately complex of an investment that had ways in which it realistically could have impacts on a lot of different sectors of the world, so I learn about myself beyond the terms of my cashflow, measuring how many bitcoins I was accumulating (and how), my other investments, my view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, my timeline, risk tolerance, and my time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets) and my abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments.  There were other aspects of fields of study in the world that I learned better in terms of game theory, politics, monetary theory, technology, some aspects of reading price charts and attempts at comparative analysis, predictive analysis and other areas, and surely I am not even going to proclaim to have become an expert in any of the many areas that bitcoin seems to potentially touch.

Frequently, when we learn new areas or fields of study, and we might not necessarily realize what we had not known previously, but there can also end up being a lot of ways in which we learn about the existence of many areas that still do not know very well, even if we spend a lot of time studying, and then even studying individuals versus ideas and trying to figure out the extent to rely upon authorities that we might trust and not trust, which may largely be attempts at honing and improving critical thinking skills.  

It is great to hear that you have learned so much about yourself and the world through your experience with Bitcoin. Investing in an asset like Bitcoin which is very complex and volatile, can be a great opportunity to challenge yourself to expand your knowledge and skills. Bitcoin is unique asset that has the potential to impact many sectors of the world from finance to technology and politics. It is important to stay informed and continuously educate yourself with Bitcoin and various factors that can influence its price and adoption. Overall, investing in Bitcoin can be a lifetime opportunity for personnel growth and learning.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 02:50:51 PM

Whether you buy the dip, or you DCA.. or you HODL ... or you do some variation of that, if your investment timeline is 4-10 years or longer, you are likely coming across more cash during that time and you are likely witnessing a decent amount of BTC price volatility along the way.. so yeah, if you are able to figure out when and where the dips are, then you are likely going to be better off by being able to time the buying of BTC during the various dips.. yet it seems to me that figuring out the dips and getting it right is not an easy task, so any of us who are in bitcoin for a decent amount of time and are continuing to add to our position with the passage of time, we are likely going to realize that sometimes we are just throwing up our hands and just sucking it up.. and buying at whatever price because we are having difficulties figuring out whether the BTC price is going to dip more and also we might well be able to see that we are accumulating cash with the passage of time and we would rather store some of that cash in bitcoin rather than continuing to hold it in cash and waiting for a dip that may or may not come.
Your insights about difficulties of timing the market and accurately predicting the dips in Bitcoin price are accurate. It is true that investing in Bitcoin is a long term game to make your investment profitable. It is also important to have a well thought out plan that aligns with your investment goals and risk tolerance. Dollar cost average (DCA) is a popular strategy to mitigate the impact of market volatility but we should keep in mind  that no investment strategy is entirely fool proof and there are always risk involved with investment.

I am not really sure if your response is saying much of anything.**

(**ps.. I am not proclaiming to be saying much of anything either.. even though I felt somewhat compelled to attempt a response.... so there is that angle, too)..

We can choose to invest or not to invest into anything...  and those are investments of time, energy, psychology and financial value... invest or consume... or maybe there are more ways to frame our choices?

We can also choose how much to allocate to any investment, including choosing not to invest anything or to do nothing, which may well still add up to something similar to not investing anything.

Sometimes when we are young, we are not sure what we do not know, and so we are learning along the way, and surely some people start out with bad information, bad circumstances and bad options (or at least not very many options), and sometimes they can make choices to increase the odds that they will do better in life or that they might end up doing worse in life than what they could have had done.

Some folks have to work harder than others, and sometimes the hard work does not end up paying off, and maybe it could be more guaranteed that a person will not advance if they do not make any preparations to invest in themselves in various kinds of ways - and sometimes any of us could be presented with opportunties at certain ages, but those opportunities might not be available at later points in our lives, so if we do not choose at a certain point when we are in our 20s, we might not be able to make similar choices in our 30s, 40s or 50s because those opportunities to invest versus consume are no longer available.

In regards, to the bitcoin price it is possible that this week is the last time ever that prices will be below $30k, so there could be an opportunity to invest..

But the fact of the matter remains that we do not know, and we could be kicking ourselves if we took out a loan for all of our income for the next 5 years and we invested it into bitcoin at $27.5k, but then for the next 5 years, bitcoin prices end up getting stuck between $5k and $15k until the year 2028.... so then our investment ended up NOT paying off in a positive way, and we would have had been better off to just invest with money coming in rather than to front load our investment into bitcoin.

There are other ways that the future ends up playing out that our investment pays off stupendously, and our leveraging (including our having had taken out a loan - almost in a gambling capacity) had paid off way more than a more strict approach that relied only upon our income as it comes in.

Some folks are more inclined to gamble with the various ways that they invest, and surely some of us (including yours truly) would proclaim that they are not investing because they are inadequately accounting for the various outcome directions, so even if they might be successful for a while, if they continue with that kind of practice, the odds become higher that they are going to end up either losing big time or to at least have had done worse than if they had taken a more prudent approach.. .. there are ways to be aggressive and prudent at the same time, and frequently the line is not clear... the line between investing and consumption might not be clear and the line between investing and gambling might not be clear either... yet each of us has to make our choices based on the information and resources that we have available, even if we might not actually understand the information or the resources that we have available or how that we can use our information/resources and even if there might be people in the world with better information/resources than us.. and sometimes the one with inferior information/resources will later surpass the person who had superior information/resources based on choices that had been made earlier in life.  Of course, there are no guarantees that doing the right (or better) thing will end up paying off.

Bitcoin is surging, and it has gone over $26,000. But I'm not yet that convinced that we're starting a new bull cycle. Is it time to buy EVERY DIP? Yes. Has Bitcoin reached the bottom during November? Most probably. But because of the Macro-Economic situation around the world with inflation also surging, I believe the Central Banks might start being more aggressive to control it = more tightening. Because if the Central Banks cannot control it, inflation itself will cause a recession, and that will definitely not be good for everyone.
You are a bit ambiguous both in terms of your prognostication regarding what might happen and also lack of specificity regarding what constitutes a "dip" worth buying.
#justsaying for a friend.
I can't be more specific because a mere pleb like me can't predict precisely where Bitcoin will go.

Of course, no one can predict, and some folks have better information views than others, and some people figure out better ways to "play" their options/outlooks than others.

I'm simply making a shower thought/musing that because inflation remains to be sticky, the Federal Reserve might be more aggressive in tightening/QT to reduce demand to bring inflation down. I believe THAT will bring forth a recession. The "soft landing" the Federal Reserve wants is improbable.

If the Federal Reserve pauses QT and rate hikes, or do the worse, PIVOT and actually reduce rates/start QE, inflation will go up and also bring forth a recession. It might be worse, a depression.

Yes.  There are ways to play your bitcoin options that give a lot of weight to that or alternatively there are ways to play your bitcoin option in ways that attempt to account for more important (and other) variables... in order that you are largely prepared for no matter what ends up happening....

For years there have been people who have been basing their investment choices into bitcoin based on what they believe that the fed will do and/or other macro factors, and they have been touting out nonsense regarding how bitcoin prices are correlated to equities, fed rates and various other macro factors like that, and sure there may well be some short term correlation, but a lot of people have gotten fucked because they fail/refuse to appreciate the reality that bitcoin is way less correlated than what the various pundits are proscribing it to be.

Where does that put Bitcoin? It might crash it back near $16,000 again. Another Golden Opportunity.

Yes.. of course, anything could happen, including that the bottom of $15,479 might not be in... but also it is also possible that the bottom is in, and we will never see prices below $27k ever again.

I would suggest that it would be better to be prepared for a variety of scenarios, while at the same time appreciating that some scenarios are more likely than others, and frequently, it is not too your interest to put too much preparation into scenarios that are less likely to happen or to prepare for something that is going to cost you a lot to prepare for and it might not end up happening...

so yeah..

choices must be made regarding how much dry powder to deploy, under what circumstances and whether whatever you have been doing is already good enough or whether there is some need to tweak what you were doing to bring you into better alignment....

Not too many folks are going to know whether you are sufficiently/adequately aligned or not better than yourself, but sometimes even the self makes mistakes.. so shit does end up happening, including that we have had more than 9 months of opportunity to accumulate more bitcoin through a buying on the dip approach, so it may well be overly expecting matters in which more dip opportunities are coming... They might come, and they might not come, and hopefully, you are already sufficiently and adequately prepared for UP, just in case more dip does not end up happening.

During 2019, a surge happened too, from $3,000 to $14,000, then it went down near $3,000. Although, I'm wrong most of the time.

Yes.. I surely do remember that, and yes something like that could end up happening, or it might not.  We are not currently in 2019 - even if there could be some similar dynamics going on, yet there could be some dynamics going on that end up looking way more clear down the road after the whole matter plays out, and maybe instead of correcting back down after a 3.5x price appreciation, no correction ends up happening.

I am not going to proclaim to either know what is going to happen, but I am not going to deviate from practices that I have already established over the more than 9 years that I have been in bitcoin in that I am largely prepared for either direction and even extremes, and in my own experience, the longer that any of us has been in bitcoin, the more that we should be able to figure out how much resources we are going to put into (or hold aside) in order to prepare for extremes in either direction that might happen (or might not end up happening).

JJG, I believe I may have been in a bearish mood when I posted that that day. But after some meditation, I give you a more bullish context. Bitcoin might start playing the role of "Honey Badger don't care" again and go up in defiance of what the economy, or the legacy markets are doing.

Cool

Possible? Probably. Unbelievable? Perhaps, but we HODL!

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Rabata

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 04:42:12 PM

JJG, I believe I may have been in a bearish mood when I posted that that day. But after some meditation, I give you a more bullish context. Bitcoin might start playing the role of "Honey Badger don't care" again and go up in defiance of what the economy, or the legacy markets are doing.

Neither economics nor politics can restrain Bitcoin. It wouldn't be a matter what comments or reports are given by the FED, SEC or any others organization. Bitcoin is not hostage to anyone. Bitcoin is unwavering in its goals.

Storms and winds will eventually cease but the fearless traveler will be the first to reach the destination.

"Buy the DIP, and HODL"

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 05:19:11 PM

[edited out]
 Cool

It's not easy to refrain from getting caught up with whatever the BTC price might be doing in the short-term. .and then once some seemingly extreme BTC price move happens, then get caught into a kind of thinking/believe that the short-term direction (momentum) is going to continue (and then suddenly the momentum reverses), and for sure the past several weeks have played out in see-sawing kinds of ways for bitcoin, and even if we look at the BTC price charts, there is nothing in the charts that really look very scary - except perhaps that bitcoin seems to be (at least temporarily) playing out the opposite of the various other calamities that are taking place in the overall market - and there seems to be a quite a bit of hostility being expressed towards bitcoin and maybe even some decently strong attack actions too.. but like you mention, honey badger does not seem to give too many shits, and truly if various governments (like the USA) become more and more hostile (and wanting to battle with bitcoin), then it is likely going to cause battles within the country but also likely cause some of the BTC price movements to get their initiatives from outside the USA locations, so surely there are some sayings within bitcoin that governments are not able to ban bitcoin, but instead they are able to ban themselves from bitcoin..

....and we have seen quite a few examples of governments banning themselves (and frequently certain fall out to their citizens) from bitcoin, but then they seem as if they end up having to flip-flop in terms of their banning and unbanning and then banning again and just showing that they are not really able to have as BIG of an effect on "controlling" bitcoin as they seem to be striving to accomplish - especially since BTC is an international phenomena and the word is getting out more and more that bitcoin has a potentiality (and even a likelihood) to be able to benefit everyone, and even though the "rich" can benefit too, the "rich" are likely going to have their wealth transferred away from them because they are spending too much time failing/refusing to recognize bitcoin and/or to appropriately allocate into bitcoin, which continues to create opportunities that are available to less well off (less financially rich) than other folks in the world to be able to advantage themselves by investing into bitcoin and even attempting to be prudent about their creating and following an ongoing investment into bitcoin that likely will pay off well over the longer period - even if there are continued battles and uncertainties in the shorter-term periods.

and for sure none of this UPpity is guaranteed.. but yeah we HODL and we accumulate BTC if we still have not gotten enough and especially if we are barely starting in bitcoin then we should be considering buying regularly and then maybe saving extra to buy on dips too.. and yes, none of us know how much further dips there are going to be or how much should be saved for the further dips, and that remains part of the justification to just buy regularly and be careful not to wait around too much, just in case dips do not happen and just in case such dips (if they do happen?) do not go as low as anticipated.

yohananaomi

Activity: 2366
Merit: 267

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 07:52:11 PM

Neither economics nor politics can restrain Bitcoin. It wouldn't be a matter what comments or reports are given by the FED, SEC or any others organization. Bitcoin is not hostage to anyone. Bitcoin is unwavering in its goals.

Storms and winds will eventually cease but the fearless traveler will be the first to reach the destination.

"Buy the DIP, and HODL"
there are still many who try to change the situation from bitcoin with the aim of wanting to control it but it is very difficult and impossible to do so. you are right, my friend, that even if There is want to make changes to bitcoin, is not be able to make it happen, even if force it, only able to ban it.

but it will not change the situation and nature of bitcoin and will still be able to run elsewhere and without any economic intervention and that politics.
everything will eventually stop by itself if it will still force its will on bitcoin, bitcoin will run with the existing mechanism as it is without anyone being able to impose its will.
routine things will happen and have become commonplace and are still being implemented, Buy the Dip and Hodl.

Rabata

View Profile
March 24, 2023, 08:39:51 AM

$28500 price of Bitcoin is definitely indicating its bullish movement and buying from this level can be a right decision. But if Bitcoin goes below $27000 there is possibility of some push back. As we saw a few days ago after hitting the $25000 price it turned lower again. However, the Bitcoin price is saving energy through a pullback before reaching new heights. This can be called a turning point.
Currently the Federal Reserve has raised rates by 25 bps despite the growing crisis in the banking sector which is positive for Bitcoin and I believe it will make a significant effect on btc movement.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2023, 12:35:44 PM

[edited out]
It's true that Bitcoin's price can be volatile in the short-term, but in the long-term, it has the potential to benefit everyone. Governments may try to ban Bitcoin, but they may end up banning themselves from the benefits it offers. It's important to HODL and accumulate Bitcoin regularly, even if there are dips in the short-term. Do you have any specific questions or concerns about Bitcoin?

Sounds like a bot wrote that post.

Everyone and anyone should have "questions and concerns" about bitcoin, so the longer that anyone studies bitcoin, then the more likely s/he is able to understand it, and figure out the extent to which s/he wants to invest into it - including developing some strategies to accumulate bitcoin and then be able to maintain such bitcoin stash, which seems to be the premise of this thread.. Once we have already decided that it is a good idea to accumulate bitcoin and follow some kind of a bitcoin accumulation/maintenance strategy.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
March 24, 2023, 11:52:53 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

[edited out]
It's true that Bitcoin's price can be volatile in the short-term, but in the long-term, it has the potential to benefit everyone. Governments may try to ban Bitcoin, but they may end up banning themselves from the benefits it offers. It's important to HODL and accumulate Bitcoin regularly, even if there are dips in the short-term. Do you have any specific questions or concerns about Bitcoin?

Everyone and anyone should have "questions and concerns" about bitcoin, so the longer that anyone studies bitcoin, then the more likely s/he is able to understand it, and figure out the extent to which s/he wants to invest into it - including developing some strategies to accumulate bitcoin and then be able to maintain such bitcoin stash, which seems to be the premise of this thread.. Once we have already decided that it is a good idea to accumulate bitcoin and follow some kind of a bitcoin accumulation/maintenance strategy.

Correct, so I will give my self as another example. Although I heard bitcoin years ago, I was not that serious, until I join and enter in 2017. That what the year wherein we reach all time high, I was not here prior, so I said to myself this is good. And then the bear market started and most of the individuals that I might have been with that time frame could have quit their job and focus more on this market (because I remember such thread early 2018, around January when we are still in the euphoric stage, I don't know what happen to those individuals though). So if by chance I also quit my job and concentrate on trading, then it's going to be very difficult for me in 2018-2020. Luckily I didn't do that, and so we all know that 2018 was very tough for those first timers like me. But I did survived and learn a valuable lesson from it, that is, the bear market is the best time to accumulate and simply HODL on it. And so when the bear market strikes last year, the last 6 months of it I'm continuing to do DCA or shall we shall still buying as much as I can, save it and then wait for the next bull run. I know it's mentally though, but that is also a character that I developed in Bitcoin investment. You really need to focus and not to be emotional just because you see your porftolio jumping 10%-20% in a day and thinking to sell some. Wait for the right time to offload your stash to maximize your profits. So as you get t he experience, you level up and become a better investor.  Grin

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
March 25, 2023, 08:58:34 AM

[edited out]
 Cool

It's not easy to refrain from getting caught up with whatever the BTC price might be doing in the short-term. .and then once some seemingly extreme BTC price move happens, then get caught into a kind of thinking/believe that the short-term direction (momentum) is going to continue (and then suddenly the momentum reverses), and for sure the past several weeks have played out in see-sawing kinds of ways for bitcoin, and even if we look at the BTC price charts, there is nothing in the charts that really look very scary - except perhaps that bitcoin seems to be (at least temporarily) playing out the opposite of the various other calamities that are taking place in the overall market - and there seems to be a quite a bit of hostility being expressed towards bitcoin and maybe even some decently strong attack actions too.. but like you mention, honey badger does not seem to give too many shits, and truly if various governments (like the USA) become more and more hostile (and wanting to battle with bitcoin), then it is likely going to cause battles within the country but also likely cause some of the BTC price movements to get their initiatives from outside the USA locations, so surely there are some sayings within bitcoin that governments are not able to ban bitcoin, but instead they are able to ban themselves from bitcoin..

....and we have seen quite a few examples of governments banning themselves (and frequently certain fall out to their citizens) from bitcoin, but then they seem as if they end up having to flip-flop in terms of their banning and unbanning and then banning again and just showing that they are not really able to have as BIG of an effect on "controlling" bitcoin as they seem to be striving to accomplish - especially since BTC is an international phenomena and the word is getting out more and more that bitcoin has a potentiality (and even a likelihood) to be able to benefit everyone, and even though the "rich" can benefit too, the "rich" are likely going to have their wealth transferred away from them because they are spending too much time failing/refusing to recognize bitcoin and/or to appropriately allocate into bitcoin, which continues to create opportunities that are available to less well off (less financially rich) than other folks in the world to be able to advantage themselves by investing into bitcoin and even attempting to be prudent about their creating and following an ongoing investment into bitcoin that likely will pay off well over the longer period - even if there are continued battles and uncertainties in the shorter-term periods.

and for sure none of this UPpity is guaranteed.. but yeah we HODL and we accumulate BTC if we still have not gotten enough and especially if we are barely starting in bitcoin then we should be considering buying regularly and then maybe saving extra to buy on dips too.. and yes, none of us know how much further dips there are going to be or how much should be saved for the further dips, and that remains part of the justification to just buy regularly and be careful not to wait around too much, just in case dips do not happen and just in case such dips (if they do happen?) do not go as low as anticipated.

That's true, JJG. That's why I believe one of the things that helped me HODL, even through all of the strongest temptations and fear, is keeping my coins in cold storage through an old computer, offline. I panic during crashes and get tempted to sell. BUT starting to get my USB HD, and thinking about the process of signing the transaction, sending the transaction, removing my USB HD from my computer to the other computer, I stop myself.

It was probably just my mood.

Furthermore, if in doubt, meditate with this meme in your mind.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2023, 04:51:18 PM
Merited by Wind_FURY (1), Baofeng (1)

[edited out]
Correct, so I will give my self as another example. Although I heard bitcoin years ago, I was not that serious, until I join and enter in 2017. That what the year wherein we reach all time high, I was not here prior, so I said to myself this is good.

Well, if we use your forum registration date as the time you got started in bitcoin, then surely there would have likely been quite the dilemma about what to do, when you are entering into an area in which there was a lot of disputes at that time, and also the BTC price had already run up to reach ATHs again at the beginning of the year, but there were also questions/concerns that the price was going to crash back below $500 before resuming up... so there were quite a few folks (whether newbies or not) who were either talked out of their coins or perhaps persuaded to wait... which in either case of selling at that time or waiting could have caused a certain amount of getting fucked by the then bad predominant advice.

So yeah your potentially earlier days into BTC in April 2017 could well have had provided an opportunity to get some BTC below the subsequent lowest BTC price points in 2018/2019/2020 (which would have been abilities to accumulate BTC at various price points between $1k and $3k and surely more fortunate to accumulate closer to $1k.. even though any of those prices between $1k and $3k feel pretty good right now) - even though frequently it can be hard to practically exercise such a practice to lump sum front load your investment into BTC because you may well have not had enough value available to inject into BTC and we really ONLY know from subsequent events that the BTC price did not drop back below $3,124 and surely even getting BTC below $4k after September 2017 was a pretty uncommon (infrequent) occurrence.

So in that regard, it was not always clear to know that sub $4k coins were not really going to be very easy to obtain after September 2017, and even in recent times, there had been thoughts that BTC prices were going to allow for BTC to be purchased below $4k.. yet by now, there are a lot of folks who now realize that the sub-$4k ship sailed long ago.. and any actually ability to get coins below sub $4k after September 2017 had been for ONLY short-periods of time and you better be ready, willing and able to act when such opportunities are presented to you.

There might be some truth in regards to sub-$20k having a similar kind of fate.. and so when we passed above $20k in December 2020, many of us might not have realized that the quantity of time to be able to purchase BTC below $20k was limited, and even our recent fortune to have quite a lot of opportunities to buy BTC below $20k between June 2022 and as recently as two weeks ago may well have been the end of an era... even though currently, I am not quite so confident to proclaim that the current local bottom of $15,479 is in (from November 2022), yet in 2 or 3 years, we might start to consider sub $20k prices for BTC as a similar kind of phenomena that we currently consider sub $4k BTC to be.. something that is hardly likely to happen (perhaps less than 1% odds.. which are "non-zero" odds, but not anything that any of us (who are trying to live in the real world with prudent and realistic approaches to our financial and psychological lives) should be putting any kind of serious preparations into pie in the sky events).

And then the bear market started and most of the individuals that I might have been with that time frame could have quit their job and focus more on this market (because I remember such thread early 2018, around January when we are still in the euphoric stage, I don't know what happen to those individuals though). So if by chance I also quit my job and concentrate on trading, then it's going to be very difficult for me in 2018-2020.

Exactly!  Part of the reason that I believe that it is better to mostly attempt to plan our BTC strategies around bottom price scenarios, including that I still believe that the 200-week moving average serves as a pretty strong and decent bottom indicator - even though in recent times, we spent nearly 9 months of mostly being below the 200-week moving average, which has so far been a pretty uncommon occurrence in BTC, but still way safer than planning around the top BTC prices, such as the top of the cycle that you had mentioned in late 2017/early 2018.

By the way, currently the 200-week moving average is right at about $25,427; however, when we first went below it in June 2022, it was around $22,200-ish.  https://www.lookintobitcoin.com/charts/200-week-moving-average-heatmap/    So the 200-week moving average has continued to move up, but staying mostly below it for around 9 months has surely caused its upward slope to become more graduated in recent times.. but for me, it still seems to be a pretty decent ongoing bottom indicator.. even if BTC prices might still go below it again.. but still way safer in terms of financial and psychological health to plan around bottoms rather than tops.

Luckily I didn't do that, and so we all know that 2018 was very tough for those first timers like me. But I did survived and learn a valuable lesson from it, that is, the bear market is the best time to accumulate and simply HODL on it. And so when the bear market strikes last year, the last 6 months of it I'm continuing to do DCA or shall we shall still buying as much as I can, save it and then wait for the next bull run. I know it's mentally though, but that is also a character that I developed in Bitcoin investment. You really need to focus and not to be emotional just because you see your porftolio jumping 10%-20% in a day and thinking to sell some. Wait for the right time to offload your stash to maximize your profits. So as you get t he experience, you level up and become a better investor.  Grin

For sure, there is going to be some individual variance in regards to what might be the better ways to attempt to deal with BTC's likely inevitable volatility - and one of the difficulties is that we know that BTC is going to be volatile even while at the same time, we cannot be completely sure which direction or how much.

So part of the problem that any newbie normie has when coming into bitcoin is to figure out how much cashflow (or capital) to initially allocate to bitcoin, and then how much to allocate on an ongoing basis, because even though most people have some abilities to figure out and calculate matters related to their own finances and psychology, there still are unknowns in regards to personal finances and psychology and then there is the additional unknown about how to treat bitcoin as compared to other investment opportunties, so in the end all of those various knowns and unknowns have to be combined in order to come up with a individually tailored strategy that allows for a certain level of comfort that is not completely vulnerable to the BTC price extremes that might come, so there can be some ways to calculate BTC's volatility in terms of projecting out various extremes and then therefore turn one of the unknowns into more of a known - even though it still can be difficult, even if any of us has already projected out what we are going to do and how we are going to go forward even if some extreme scenarios (even beyond our calculations) ends up playing out.

Some people proclaim that we need to be through one whole BTC price cycle in order to really start to become comfortable with BTC's price volatility and whatever might be our BTC accumulation/maintenance approach, but surely it is possible that some of us might need to go through a few of those cycles before becoming comfortable, even though being in profits likely helps to bring comfort, but at the same time, depending upon how old any of us might be, it can take a real long time to build up the principle in any investment, even if that investment has been largely doing better than expected (or maybe even better than other investment opportunties that seem to be available).

[edited out]
That's true, JJG. That's why I believe one of the things that helped me HODL, even through all of the strongest temptations and fear, is keeping my coins in cold storage through an old computer, offline. I panic during crashes and get tempted to sell. BUT starting to get my USB HD, and thinking about the process of signing the transaction, sending the transaction, removing my USB HD from my computer to the other computer, I stop myself.

It was probably just my mood.

Furthermore, if in doubt, meditate with this meme in your mind.

Hahahahaha  .. Yeah.  It is funny how even a small kind of an obstacle can keep any of us "in check" during some of the times in which we are feeling some inclinations to "take some off the table," and for sure, we can never know for sure if we made the right decision until much further down the road.. so many of us who have been in bitcoin for a while have had those kinds of moments of potential weakness.. and we can probably recognize and appreciate that those kinds of potential moments of weakness likely subside more and more the longer that we are in bitcoin because as any of us should be able to imagine that there are guys who have average costs of $1 per BTC, $10 per BTC,$100 per BTC, $1,000 per BTC, $10k per BTC, $30k per BTC, $40k per BTC, $60k per BTC, and perhaps some other variations, and many of us likely can imagine that the lower is our average cost per BTC, then the less likely that we are going to get worried about dips that come further down the road because they are likely not as significant... even if such dips might still bother us.

And the considerations of having regret and/or psychological pressures are not ONLY about the average cost per BTC, because there are some cases of guys who might have ONLY invested small amounts of value into bitcoin, and they have been worried about keeping their average price per BTC down.  Let's take the guy who bought 20 BTC in 2015 for around $300 per BTC, so he invested a total of $6k, versus the guy who might have bought BTC between 2013 and 2017 and ended up buying 200 BTC, but his costs per BTC were around $1k per BTC (3.33x higher BTC costs as compared with the one who lump summed into BTC in 2015), so he invested around $200k into BTC (about 33.3x more invested as compared with the one who lump summed into BTC in 2015). 

Which one would you rather be?  Are you concerned about how much cheaper your coins might end up being if you end up investing way less into bitcoin because you had been overly whimpy in your perspective and your BTC investment approach?  Part of my suggestion has been to DCA and continue to invest, even if continuing to invest might cause your average per BTC to go up and the amount that you invested to end up going up, yet at the same time, I understand that each of us has to come to our own conclusions regarding these kinds of matters, and we are not necessarily going to know or to recognize if our approach sufficiently paid off (with fewer regrets) than perhaps maybe something like 10, 20 or 30 years down the road, and then by then, we will not be able to go back and to change our approach.. and we can ONLY change our approach right now (that is if we need to change it)..

If we continue to attempt to learn along the way, we likely will not be able to fix all of our mistakes, but we will likely catch some of them earlier and be able to improve our approach, even though there are never really any guarantees in regards to which investments to make and then how much to allocate, and part of the mistakes that some people historically had made has been to fail/refuse to get off zero.. so even if they might not have had liked bitcoin as an investment they likely would have been better to put 1% into bitcoin rather than zero.. even though the more aggressive ones of 10% or more or even 25% or more may well have had a better risk adjusted outcome in terms of how bitcoin has ended up performing as compared to any other investments that they had made.

Rabata

View Profile
March 29, 2023, 04:34:48 AM

[edited out]

Correct, so I will give my self as another example. Although I heard bitcoin years ago, I was not that serious, until I join and enter in 2017. That what the year wherein we reach all time high, I was not here prior, so I said to myself this is good. And then the bear market started and most of the individuals that I might have been with that time frame could have quit their job and focus more on this market (because I remember such thread early 2018, around January when we are still in the euphoric stage, I don't know what happen to those individuals though). So if by chance I also quit my job and concentrate on trading, then it's going to be very difficult for me in 2018-2020. Luckily I didn't do that, and so we all know that 2018 was very tough for those first timers like me. But I did survived and learn a valuable lesson from it, that is, the bear market is the best time to accumulate and simply HODL on it. And so when the bear market strikes last year, the last 6 months of it I'm continuing to do DCA or shall we shall still buying as much as I can, save it and then wait for the next bull run. I know it's mentally though, but that is also a character that I developed in Bitcoin investment. You really need to focus and not to be emotional just because you see your porftolio jumping 10%-20% in a day and thinking to sell some. Wait for the right time to offload your stash to maximize your profits. So as you get t he experience, you level up and become a better investor.  Grin
I agree with you. If I talk about my past history I saw a big bearish trend in Bitcoin in 2017 which was a turning point for me but failed to capitalize on that time. I had no idea about Bitcoin at that time. As a result, I could not take any correct decision about it. $3868 seemed to me to be the biggest pessimism in Bitcoin at the time. But when I came back in 2021, my perception of Bitcoin changed. I then felt like I was one of the unlucky ones on earth who missed the opportunity to buy Bitcoin at $3868. The little bit of bitcoin I've learned to value today has always been universal to me. I now find it useful enough to control emotions. And now my highest focus is on how to correct my mistakes a little bit. At the level Bitcoin is at I may have had that opportunity come back to me when I couldn't buy. Because the probability is very high. If Bitcoin hits 1 million then my currently bought Bitcoins will be able to get me to that point. I am constantly trying to accumulate a very small amount of bitcoins on my holding.

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: