Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76173 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 04, 2023, 07:52:58 PM

Like watering a plant we must give it just enough and not too much or it will sink or end up with a wilted portfolio. I think it's all about balance but you may also be tempted to take risks or withdraw some of your investment at any time.
Yes, balance must be considered. You also have to adjust your income and investment budget and you can't invest 100% your budged in bitcoin if you still need that budget to meet your daily needs. Ultimately building a portfolio has to be very well balanced financially because when you get more budget for investments then you are bound to get into trouble in other areas due to your inability to make ends meet.

However, if you want your investment to be able to provide large returns, then you must have careful planning to build a portfolio with large enough budget too. It's hard to expect huge returns on such small budget, it's ridiculous.
Actually, big returns can be expected form big investment. But those who expect from the lower investment that would be foolish in some sense. However, in case of long-term Bitcoin hoarders may differ. They can expect something big. Because we have an approximate idea of how big it can be in the long run. A long time ago I heard a word  by Elon Musk that if your investment is not big then your income will not grow. This is absolutely true. Because even a few days back people were unaware they invested in various scam projects and made big money through big pumping events. Many have lost large amounts as well. Nowadays people are now very aware of that situation. That kind of opportunity no longer exists. Now you have to choose between bitcoin or top alts coins for reliable investment. After a long period of investment if you don't make more money as expected then the investment seem to be worthless.

You seem to have a lot of mixed up ideas Rabata.

I am not really disagreeing with your various points, but you still seem to be lacking focus in terms of attempting to frame your ideas in regards to the topic of this thread, which is bitcoin (not shitcoins, which you mentioned several times), and your ideas that seem to gravitate towards gambling and trading and quoting some goofballs such as Elon Musk who seems to have more of a gambling rather than an investor mentality, even though he has gotten rich off of his various Go BIG or GO HOME approaches to life.. but who fucking cares about Elon Musk, people should not be trying to emulate that dweeb or to follow him or his trades, he surely does not seem to be giving practical advice that could apply to broader segments of the population, even though his gambling mentality, gambling approach and his seemingly gambling-laden advice might work for some people.

The ideas of this thread is not really about gambling and fucking around with trading and taking unnecessary risks, but instead trying to come up with and to follow a longer term prudent and reasonable strategy that largely attempts to emphasize the accumulation of BTC and to mostly hold BTC while building up the stack (stash) of bitcoin  with the hope that through a longer term passage of time, that having had mostly continued to invest and accumulate bitcoin will end up paying off way more than more erratic strategies.

Of course, even within the parameters of the topic of this thread, we don't necessarily completely agree with how to go about accumulating BTC .. except we are large in agreement that we are talking about accumulation of BTC strategies that involve various forms of ongoingly buying BTC.. and not calculating various forms to trade or to sell BTC.. and surely Elon Musk was not a very good example of what we are talking about in this thread.. Do you remember that dweeb.. he bought and then he sold several times, and sure maybe some of that worked out for him in the short term, but still his situation is way too complicated and maybe he is even pumping bullshit and causing confusion regarding what longer term strategies might be that mostly involve attempting to build a BTC position through buying.

Sure, you seem to admit that there is some time element that could be advantageous in terms of investing into bitcoin, too, so another aspect that relates to your "go big" proclamation is that even reasonably prudent and modestly aggressive investment strategies could well end up paying off quite handsomely for bitcoin, because even though maybe these days you might be better off to put $100 per week into bitcoin in order to get similar results as the person who had put $10 per week into bitcoin starting in 2016. 

So the guy who had stared investing $10 per week in 2016 would have invested around $3,660 and would have accumulated close to 1.2BTC.  Does not seem to be shabby results, even for a relatively modest level of investment over the past 7 years.

Don't get  me wrong.  I am not even going to concede that the guy who invest $100 per week will be able to catch up to the guy who had started to invest $10 per week in 2016, but still even though the amount that needs to be invested might have had gone up in the last 7 years, it still does not suggest that bitcoin is not a good ongoing investment and that bitcoin is quite likely having a stronger investment thesis now as compared to what its investment thesis was in 2016.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajiz138

Activity: 1484
Merit: 784

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2023, 08:06:28 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Like watering a plant we must give it just enough and not too much or it will sink or end up with a wilted portfolio. I think it's all about balance but you may also be tempted to take risks or withdraw some of your investment at any time.
Yes, balance must be considered. You also have to adjust your income and investment budget and you can't invest 100% your budged in bitcoin if you still need that budget to meet your daily needs. Ultimately building a portfolio has to be very well balanced financially because when you get more budget for investments then you are bound to get into trouble in other areas due to your inability to make ends meet.

However, if you want your investment to be able to provide large returns, then you must have careful planning to build a portfolio with large enough budget too. It's hard to expect huge returns on such small budget, it's ridiculous.
We have to be able to manage from that point of view and of course our income adjustments must be balanced with our needs, don't ever put all of it in bitcoin it will suffer while people who can manage finances and they build portfolios start small but if it's long term it's good also at least there is still hope as long as those invested in bitcoin even though it's small.

But it also depends on how much our income is every month, manage it as much as possible so that it doesn't become pressured and those who invest in bitcoin must be prepared to lose if at any time the bitcoin price drops, but I believe that when the bitcoin price drops it will return to its highest price, so pretty confident bitcoin will be better than any other coin.

I think some may still find it very difficult to invest a lot knowing it is not an easy task even though the returns are quite high, but in a DCA way it is the best method for the long term and planning is at least 5-10 years as said above.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
nara1892

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654

View Profile
April 05, 2023, 03:27:17 PM

We have to be able to manage from that point of view and of course our income adjustments must be balanced with our needs, don't ever put all of it in bitcoin it will suffer while people who can manage finances and they build portfolios start small but if it's long term it's good also at least there is still hope as long as those invested in bitcoin even though it's small.

But it also depends on how much our income is every month, manage it as much as possible so that it doesn't become pressured and those who invest in bitcoin must be prepared to lose if at any time the bitcoin price drops, but I believe that when the bitcoin price drops it will return to its highest price, so pretty confident bitcoin will be better than any other coin.

I think some may still find it very difficult to invest a lot knowing it is not an easy task even though the returns are quite high, but in a DCA way it is the best method for the long term and planning is at least 5-10 years as said above.
I agree with your point, indeed we should be able to adjust it to our income. Don't let it be that because we are focused on buying bitcoins we will ignore the basic needs that we must fulfill every month, even every day. Do not let because we want to have a large number of bitcoins in our portfolio we forget something that must be met.
As many have said before, we can continue to increase the size of our portfolio by installments or what we are more familiar with with the DCA strategy.
I understand that our desire to hold large amounts is indeed very large, but that does not mean that we can completely indulge our selfishness.
Bitcoin has shown how it became big, so I not only believe but I really believe that something I do is very right.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
April 05, 2023, 10:48:23 PM

Don't get  me wrong.  I am not even going to concede that the guy who invest $100 per week will be able to catch up to the guy who had started to invest $10 per week in 2016, but still even though the amount that needs to be invested might have had gone up in the last 7 years, it still does not suggest that bitcoin is not a good ongoing investment and that bitcoin is quite likely having a stronger investment thesis now as compared to what its investment thesis was in 2016.
in 2016 the closing price of btc was $963. Well if someone invests $10 at that time they get 0.01041 btc for every purchase they make. Now if they regularly buy weekly let's say the overall price is $963 then he will get 0.4999 btc in one year of purchase.

source: https://www.statmuse.com/money/ask/bitcoin+price+2016

well quite different from those investing $10 per week at the current bitcoin price of $28k. Then there is quite a big difference between those who invest from 2016 and 2023. but that's not to drop their confidence in buying bitcoin because no matter how small you get, over time it will become big if you make purchases regularly.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2023, 01:20:37 AM

in 2016 the closing price of btc was $963. Well if someone invests $10 at that time they get 0.01041 btc for every purchase they make. Now if they regularly buy weekly let's say the overall price is $963 then he will get 0.4999 btc in one year of purchase.

source: https://www.statmuse.com/money/ask/bitcoin+price+2016
well quite different from those investing $10 per week at the current bitcoin price of $28k. Then there is quite a big difference between those who invest from 2016 and 2023. but that's not to drop their confidence in buying bitcoin because no matter how small you get, over time it will become big if you make purchases regularly.

Well you seem to be missing the point that I was making.. and the closing price for the year of 2016 was hardly the point that I was attempting to make.

A person who bought bitcoin in 2016 would have had about an average BTC price of around $550 per bitcoin and would have been able to accumulate a whole bitcoin for the whole year of 2016 for merely buying BTC for $10 per week

Another thing is that a person who had been accumulating BTC at $10 per week since the beginning of 2016 until present would have spent $3,790 and would have accumulated nearly 1.5 BTC.

So of course, for that particular period, buying BTC earlier would have produced much better results (and more BTC) rather than waiting, and part of the reason is that the whole of 2016 and 2017 were uptrend years for bitcoin, and even when the BTC price peaked in 2017 at $19,666, it ONLY corrected back down to $3k, so after September 2017, it was no longer possible to buy BTC below $3k..

So there may be points in time in which the BTC price moves up and even though it corrects back down, it does not correct back down nearly to anywhere even close to some of its earlier prices, adn we never know when it is going to go up like that, and there are no guarantees that it will continue to have periods of going up like that and never returning back down to certain lower price thresholds.

Yet, I am not even attempting to cherry pick BTC entry points, but merely I was asserting that even if someone starts buying at $100 per week now, they may well never be able to catch up to the size of the BTC stash for the person who started buying BTC at $10 per week and who started in early 2016.  There may be a need to be more aggressive now, if there is an attempt to try to catch up to the earlier investor, but I am not even suggesting that anyone should even try to invest into bitcoin in such a way that is beyond their means, even though I am recommending that normie newbies try to be as aggressive as they can in their BTC investing (through DCA and buying on dips) without going so far in the level of aggressiveness that they are investing too much.. or investing beyond their own means and capabilities, because any amount of investing into BTC on a regular basis seems to have good chances of paying off so long as the person keeps investing and has a timeline that is 4-10 years or longer into the future, and of course, there are no guarantees even though bitcoin remains amongst the best (if not the best) of asymmetric bets to the upside and likely its investment thesis is stronger today than it was in early 2016..

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 07:47:12 AM

I have a shower-thought-question for the readers of this topic. From and investor's standpoint, does Ordinals make you more bullish, or more bearish on Bitcoin, compared to 6 to 12 months ago?

Pros - Ordinals may bring more demand for block space, more rewards for miners through fees, and possibly also bring more demand for BTC.

Cons - Ordinals may be used as an attack vector for spamming the network, it stores dick pics and fart sounds in the blockchain, and it could open other attack unknown vectors.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 08:16:42 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2023, 08:40:34 AM by franky1

Cons - Ordinals may be used as an attack vector for spamming the network, it stores dick pics and fart sounds in the blockchain, and it could open other attack unknown vectors.

a. most miners(asic/workers) dont get fee's, the pools keep amounts equal/above fee's
b. ordinals dont pay fair rate tx fees anyway many are seen paying 0.5sat/byte instead of the rest paying 15sat/byte
c. taking upto all blockspace for one meme does not help utility of bitcoin. it annoys people that 2000tx dont get into the next block but the 1 meme did
d. ordinals in NO way has helped bitcoin. its not even an NFT
e. ordinals that dont get into blocks still push pre-confirm transaction out of potentially getting into blocks by ordinals filling up mempools thus forcing other tx out of mempools when mempools breach a X00mb limit set by their nodes

mining pools take a cut
EG
antpool has two offerings
a. PPLN antpool keeps the tx fee's.. workers take the blockreward
b. PPS+ antpool takes 2% of fees and 4% of blockreward

PPS+ is the offering where a asic worker 'might'(their wish/hope) gain something from fee's, by asking for a bit of the fee's instead of the PPLN option taking the fee's

lets imagine a block of 4mb of 1 meme paying its 0.5sat/byte
thats 0.02btc
antpool(PPS+) takes 0.0004 of tx fee 0.25 of block reward (0.2504 total)

simple math: meme gives 0.02 into the pot. but antpool cuts out 0.254 from the pot. thus workers lose out more if they opt to want a fee share

meaning in both cases antpool keep more then the tx fee if you add it all up and take their cut away in both situations because

b.(PPS+) the fee's from the ordinal are 0.02 but antpool took 0.254 away from asic workser
a.(PPLN) antpool took the 0.02 of the tx fee
thus those asic workers dont gain from increased fees they might aswel just PPLN and just take their share of only the block reward

yep fee's would need to be for a normal average tx payment filled block of 1.5mb be paying 17sat/byte to BREAK EVEN to what a pool owner takes as their cut..
for the workers to then NEED MORE THEN 17sat/byte to then be see a noticable difference to the shared income on PPS+ they get after the pool owners cut

however an average tx of 500bytes@17sat/byte=8500sat =$2.41 which.. is making people not want to use bitcoin as much for payments. thus spiting the users inspite of the workers

what workers actually prefer. is not a fee market rise to get income. but the spot price market rise.. though lemming that want to advertise other networks prefer fee rises to make people hate using bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 03:26:22 PM

I have a shower-thought-question for the readers of this topic. From and investor's standpoint, does Ordinals make you more bullish, or more bearish on Bitcoin, compared to 6 to 12 months ago?

Pros - Ordinals may bring more demand for block space, more rewards for miners through fees, and possibly also bring more demand for BTC.

Holy fucking shit.

You could at least try to stay on topic, and then you just invite more divergence from the topic when you cannot at least present your question in a way that is relevant to the topic.

khiholangkang

Activity: 2002
Merit: 555

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 07:18:18 PM

I agree with your point, indeed we should be able to adjust it to our income. Don't let it be that because we are focused on buying bitcoins we will ignore the basic needs that we must fulfill every month, even every day. Do not let because we want to have a large number of bitcoins in our portfolio we forget something that must be met.
It would be chaotic if we ignore what our needs are, I'm sure smart people will balance between their needs as a staple and also investing as an asset for the future and of course doing it in bitcoin which is what we want, often we shouldn't ignore this and stay on the same line.

As many have said before, we can continue to increase the size of our portfolio by installments or what we are more familiar with with the DCA strategy.
I understand that our desire to hold large amounts is indeed very large, but that does not mean that we can completely indulge our selfishness.
Bitcoin has shown how it became big, so I not only believe but I really believe that something I do is very right.

That's better than buying all at once it will only burden our finances whereas with DCA we can adjust how much the average fee for bitcoin will of course be able to adjust to our finances after all basic needs are met, I believe more in DCA by staying consistent rather than ambition buying big will only be greed and cause problems for our finances later.

Many people already believe in bitcoin because of course they expect a greater value, but we ourselves have to believe that even though the DCA is a small average fee, if we do it for years it will be big, imagine if we only do DCA for 8 years with $ 20 per week will generate $ 8k more that's the value of the total dollar what if the price of bitcoin goes up? That could be 3-5x more.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 09:54:44 PM

It would be chaotic if we ignore what our needs are, I'm sure smart people will balance between their needs as a staple and also investing as an asset for the future and of course doing it in bitcoin which is what we want, often we shouldn't ignore this and stay on the same line.

Not everyone agrees about whether the current BTC price is a fair price, a suppressed price or a overly exuberant price, and that seems to be how the market works in terms of working out the disagreements and part of the reason that there tends to be a lot of volatility in the price in an asset like bitcoin.. partly because it is a new asset, and people are getting used to it.

Surely some of us realize and recognize value in bitcoin that is not seen by others, and many others (including an overwhelming number of them) actually either fail/refuse to invest into bitcoin or just end up coming into bitcoin at much later times when they realize the errors of their failure/refusal to see value in it.

We are not all going to be on the same page in regards to bitcoin, yet surely many of us recognize and realize that guys/gals who have been investing into bitcoin and accumulating bitcoin for longer periods tend to improve their material and psychological conditions as long as they do not fuck around with trading and losing their focus by either trading or trying to be overly strategic in regards to their methods of accumulating bitcoin and attempting to profit from it.

People are going to make mistakes, and not everyone can be saved from making mistakes, and there remains a certain amount of personal responsibility to learn various ways to study bitcoin, study one's self in terms of finances and psychology and also to invest into bitcoin with those learnings in mind.

That's better than buying all at once it will only burden our finances whereas with DCA we can adjust how much the average fee for bitcoin will of course be able to adjust to our finances after all basic needs are met, I believe more in DCA by staying consistent rather than ambition buying big will only be greed and cause problems for our finances later.

Many people already believe in bitcoin because of course they expect a greater value, but we ourselves have to believe that even though the DCA is a small average fee, if we do it for years it will be big, imagine if we only do DCA for 8 years with $ 20 per week will generate $ 8k more that's the value of the total dollar what if the price of bitcoin goes up? That could be 3-5x more.

Surely one of the best things is to just get started in investing and tailor a strategy towards your own circumstances, and with the passage of time, such as buying BTC over several years, whether 8 years like you mentioned or 4-10 years or longer, there are going to be various points along the way that you will be able to tailor your plan and perhaps increase or decrease the amount that you are investing into bitcoin based on your from time to time reassessments of your own personal circumstances, including accounting for whether your own circumstances have changed and/or your view of bitcoin has changed as compared with other places that you might choose to invest (hopefully not shitcoins, and if you do shitcoins, hopefully you do not over do it or get drug into some of their frequently dumb gambling (and/or affinity scamming) talking points).

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7768

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2023, 01:03:02 AM
Merited by Wind_FURY (1)

a. most miners(asic/workers) dont get fee's, the pools keep amounts equal/above fee's
b. ordinals dont pay fair rate tx fees anyway many are seen paying 0.5sat/byte instead of the rest paying 15sat/byte
c. taking upto all blockspace for one meme does not help utility of bitcoin. it annoys people that 2000tx dont get into the next block but the 1 meme did
d. ordinals in NO way has helped bitcoin. its not even an NFT
e. ordinals that dont get into blocks still push pre-confirm transaction out of potentially getting into blocks by ordinals filling up mempools thus forcing other tx out of mempools when mempools breach a X00mb limit set by their nodes

mining pools take a cut
EG
antpool has two offerings
a. PPLN antpool keeps the tx fee's.. workers take the blockreward
b. PPS+ antpool takes 2% of fees and 4% of blockreward

PPS+ is the offering where a asic worker 'might'(their wish/hope) gain something from fee's, by asking for a bit of the fee's instead of the PPLN option taking the fee's

lets imagine a block of 4mb of 1 meme paying its 0.5sat/byte
thats 0.02btc
antpool(PPS+) takes 0.0004 of tx fee 0.25 of block reward (0.2504 total)

simple math: meme gives 0.02 into the pot. but antpool cuts out 0.254 from the pot. thus workers lose out more if they opt to want a fee share

meaning in both cases antpool keep more then the tx fee if you add it all up and take their cut away in both situations because

b.(PPS+) the fee's from the ordinal are 0.02 but antpool took 0.254 away from asic workser
a.(PPLN) antpool took the 0.02 of the tx fee
thus those asic workers dont gain from increased fees they might aswel just PPLN and just take their share of only the block reward

yep fee's would need to be for a normal average tx payment filled block of 1.5mb be paying 17sat/byte to BREAK EVEN to what a pool owner takes as their cut..
for the workers to then NEED MORE THEN 17sat/byte to then be see a noticable difference to the shared income on PPS+ they get after the pool owners cut

however an average tx of 500bytes@17sat/byte=8500sat =$2.41 which.. is making people not want to use bitcoin as much for payments. thus spiting the users inspite of the workers

what workers actually prefer. is not a fee market rise to get income. but the spot price market rise.. though lemming that want to advertise other networks prefer fee rises to make people hate using bitcoin

I am going to move this to the nft/ordinal thread. As I think franky1 can't post there.

note I moved it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5446379.msg62070386#msg62070386

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
GigaBit

Activity: 1526
Merit: 506

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 11, 2023, 06:45:43 PM

Those who lack of money, there is no better strategy to buy Bitcoins with following DCA method. We often teach our children by hearing a story that "Slow and steady wins the race" In this case I would say that those who start the journey with faith in Bitcoin despite having limited funds will eventually reach their destination but definitely that requires patience.

About Bitcoin Bull run we have a little idea that it will be more bullish in the coming days which many of us can't imagine. Some people are thinking about $1 million price of Bitcoin and some one is anticipating that if the American dollar goes down then the price of Bitcoin can reach $10 million.
Personally I believe in Bitcoin. I would like to see it as my only asset in the long run which will act as the only guide to fulfill my dreams.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

View Profile
April 12, 2023, 09:00:27 AM

Holy fucking shit.

You could at least try to stay on topic, and then you just invite more divergence from the topic when you cannot at least present your question in a way that is relevant to the topic.

Not entirely off-topic. I was merely asking because "IF the pros outweigh the cons", don't forget I said "IF", then from a viewpoint of a Buy the DIP and HODL type of investor, Ordinals could be something very bullish for the future of the network because it could bring sustainability for incentivizing miners through fees as the block rewards go down.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
DiMarxist

Activity: 266
Merit: 206

View Profile
April 12, 2023, 11:49:51 AM

I'm a long-term holder of bitcoin, The DCA pattern is one of the strategies that is good to apply, this is directly,My mostly strategy that I do is to hold for long and DCA till the next bull run.Long term holding is more profitable more than short -term hold, For a long time I kept my bitcoins, stored in my wallet. If you have bought  bitcoin at $15 since December  till now April 2023 and you are still holding it for a very long period of time. when the price of bitcoin drops,it is a good time to increase DCA buying and return to normal when the price is out of limit or start to recovery and the long term holder enjoy. The strategy advice on DCA is good.

salad daging

Activity: 1638
Merit: 795

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2023, 03:59:22 PM

Those who lack of money, there is no better strategy to buy Bitcoins with following DCA method. We often teach our children by hearing a story that "Slow and steady wins the race" In this case I would say that those who start the journey with faith in Bitcoin despite having limited funds will eventually reach their destination but definitely that requires patience.
You are right the best way with limited money but wanting to keep investing with bitcoin is the choice of DCA even for other investors with sufficient finances still doing DCA because this is one of the best methods for us to do all the time it will be better, we don't know as long the journey will be later, but DCA can be continued again if they already have good cash flow and expenses, so I suggest anyone doing DCA he will achieve the desired target but patience must be needed.

About Bitcoin Bull run we have a little idea that it will be more bullish in the coming days which many of us can't imagine. Some people are thinking about $1 million price of Bitcoin and some one is anticipating that if the American dollar goes down then the price of Bitcoin can reach $10 million.
Personally I believe in Bitcoin. I would like to see it as my only asset in the long run which will act as the only guide to fulfill my dreams.
We believe in your idea of an increase in bitcoin because surely one day the price can reach higher than the previous ATH, the halving will soon be approaching I certainly hope for a more optimal price maybe if I can I won't sell in the next 3-4 years because I want to take too long by accumulating bitcoin so that later when it is sold the price will be much higher, I know everyone will definitely need what has been achieved but I try to stabilize my finances and never disturb what has been obtained so far process it so that in the next 10 years I can sell even more bitcoins and of course the price is even higher.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
April 12, 2023, 08:05:11 PM

Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) helps you deal with uncertainty, and since most people who are new to the area have uncertainty, I think it makes sense. As with bitcoin and other cryptos with the previous 10 years and a lot of doubt or uncertainty that actually doing DCA was the right choice, and we have to learn from the past and also do research or analysis with existing as well as future developments because this will helps our belief in bitcoin.
Doing DCA on bitcoins is a very smart choice and applicable to those who have limited cash issues and vice versa, especially I have limited finances and I do DCA every month in small amounts and will increase when I have more cash. And whatever the price of bitcoin, I will continue to do so until I am completely satisfied with the price, which I think is very high.
and most importantly, in the next 10 years I may be old enough that my income may be limited due to some factors, so I did a very long DCA to guarantee my and my children's old age. And I will also educate them to manage their finances well and introduce bitcoin at the right time.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
April 12, 2023, 11:05:30 PM

all seems to be going as we hope I mean early Q2 btc passed the $30k mark. JJG what do you say to those weak hands who dumped BTC at price $16k.

are they going to wait to get back in at the $16k figure which I think is going to be pretty boring waiting for that. they are people who have no soul buying at low prices and holding back until a new ath is reached.

DCA is good enough and powerful enough for all people and this will not disturb your mentality when the price goes up or down, you will always buy.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 02:16:17 AM
Merited by ginsan (1)

all seems to be going as we hope I mean early Q2 btc passed the $30k mark. JJG what do you say to those weak hands who dumped BTC at price $16k.

I say something close to the same thing to people no matter what the BTC price, which is to get the fuck started, especially if you do not have any at all.

Of course, we can recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of people are in the no coiner category, but we might still want to have some sympathies on those people, especially because it takes some people time to figure out that bitcoin should be part of their investment portfolio.. even if they are still in early stages of building an investment portfolio...

So, yeah we might consider a lot of people to be precoiners rather than no coiners, yet at the same time, there are some people who seem to be in the category that you are suggesting who are trying to time the market in such a way that they do not ongoingly accumulate, just in case the BTC price does not go down more.

Sure, none of us really know if the bottom is yet "in" even though our having had touched nearly 2x our $15,479 bottom does bring a decent amount of confidence that the bottom might be in.. and it is surely possible that btc/satoshis will not be able to be at those kinds of prices anymore, and surely it is possible that even sub $20k will not be reached ever again, or sub $25k will not be reached ever again, or even sub $29k will not be reached again.  We just cannot really know with any level of confidence, especially short-term BTC price movements.

We have been through some tough times in the last year or so, and surely there are ongoing attacks on bitcoin and even various fairly severe seeming problems with various macro-systems - including the stability of the USD.. and surely some of our future possible crises in the USD could end up having sever short-term downward pressures on BTC prices. and those are really difficult to know or foresee.. and surely many of us (including myself) find those to be buying opportunities rather than selling opportunities, even though surely those are scary times, and I am not going to lie about how uncomfortable it can be to be going through severe downward price moves, even when there had been thoughts that the "bottom may well be in".

are they going to wait to get back in at the $16k figure which I think is going to be pretty boring waiting for that. they are people who have no soul buying at low prices and holding back until a new ath is reached.

Of course there are people out there who get too greedy for their own good.. .. and sometimes they can still profit from their efforts, yet historically, we have seen a lot of those kinds of guys waiting around too much for lower prices, not acting and even selling too much too soon.. or like you said the other extreme is buying when the price goes up rather than buying when the price goes down or just buying regularly no matter what is the price.

So there are a lot of weird perspectives, and the main thing seems to be that we try to create systems for ourselves that we have decent confidence are solid, and we cannot necessarily expect that others are going to follow our methods or that they will be able to figure out some kind of a meaningful long term BTC accumulation strategy for themselves.. even if it might vary from our own..

I don't expect to get into the heads of anyone else, and I do try to be helpful to their developing of their own systems, and people are going to tend to go their own way, and it likely will take a while, still, for bitcoin to really catch on.. and we still really have decently low levels of BTC adoption and people remain sceptical and concerned and even afraid of bitcoin.. even believing some of the bullshit that their governments, banks and financial advisors tend to not want them to buy bitcoin.

DCA is good enough and powerful enough for all people and this will not disturb your mentality when the price goes up or down, you will always buy.
For sure DCA is good.. and it can be supplemented along the way.. but surely, I am in agreement that it likely is a good thing to follow - and then the longer that any of us are buying BTC in a DCA kind of way, then we will become more and more inspired to follow what bitcoin is doing and therefore learn more about bitcoin and about ourselves in order that with the passage of time, we will be able to build more and more strategies that first involve our building of our investment portfolio through the accumulation of BTC and then later perhaps graduate into maintenance stages or just various ways of ongoingly tailoring how we accumulate BTC.

Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

Activity: 560
Merit: 513

Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2023, 11:17:41 AM

Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) helps you deal with uncertainty, and since most people who are new to the area have uncertainty, I think it makes sense. As with bitcoin and other cryptos with the previous 10 years and a lot of doubt or uncertainty that actually doing DCA was the right choice, and we have to learn from the past and also do research or analysis with existing as well as future developments because this will helps our belief in bitcoin.
Doing DCA on bitcoins is a very smart choice and applicable to those who have limited cash issues and vice versa, especially I have limited finances and I do DCA every month in small amounts and will increase when I have more cash. And whatever the price of bitcoin, I will continue to do so until I am completely satisfied with the price, which I think is very high.
and most importantly, in the next 10 years I may be old enough that my income may be limited due to some factors, so I did a very long DCA to guarantee my and my children's old age. And I will also educate them to manage their finances well and introduce bitcoin at the right time.

Since 2019 when I began to learn about Bitcoin, I usually only thought that investing in Bitcoin was just throwing all the money you want to invest into buying the fraction you want, but I was totally wrong for about 4 years. The first place I heard the abbreviation "DCA" and understood what it really meant was in these forums. I also believe there are people like me who don't know about the DCA strategy, and I think it is good to let the people around us who are into bitcoin know about the strategy too.

This strategy has really worked for me since I became aware of it, and a few of my friends whom I told about it also appreciated the strategy.

Even the DCA strategy can make someone earn more profit.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 704

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 11:28:14 AM

Of course there are people out there who get too greedy for their own good.. .. and sometimes they can still profit from their efforts, yet historically, we have seen a lot of those kinds of guys waiting around too much for lower prices, not acting and even selling too much too soon.. or like you said the other extreme is buying when the price goes up rather than buying when the price goes down or just buying regularly no matter what is the price.

So there are a lot of weird perspectives, and the main thing seems to be that we try to create systems for ourselves that we have decent confidence are solid, and we cannot necessarily expect that others are going to follow our methods or that they will be able to figure out some kind of a meaningful long term BTC accumulation strategy for themselves.. even if it might vary from our own..

Yes, there are many different perspectives and approaches when it comes to investing and accumulating Bitcoin. Every body has his own goals, risk tolerance and strategies, so what works for one person many not work for another one. it is very important to develop your own plan that fits your circumstances, and stick to it, rather than constantly chasing market trends and copying others.

In my opinion, the most effective strategy in view of long term potential of Bitcoin would be to consistently acquire Bitcoin during significant downtrends, and wait for the bull cycle to realize your profits if you choose to do so.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: