Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:45:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 405 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77314 times)
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 24, 2023, 08:20:51 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I must say that information is power. Personally, I was thinking very shallow on my bitcoin journey, I thought that if I can accumulate up to 0.5BTC that I have attained my bitcoin goal,not until when I saw this thread and started reading about members contributions on accumulating and holding for a very long time.
I have no way of agreeing with your plan because humans are basically never satisfied with what they have. Bitcoin is money, you can never give up on the amount you have without trying to accumulate it again as long as you are confident and have the budget to do so. 0.5 btc is not much, but it might be a lot for your current financial capabilities.

The time will come for you to have a bigger investment portfolio if you can do it consistently. Investments don't need to be forced and you have to be wise enough to set the direction of your income and expenses, so save as much as you can. Also some plans have gone haywire for some reason even unexpectedly. Do you remember when covid happened, many of us or investors had to sell a certain amount of bitcoins because they lost their source of income because of the lockdown.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Greyhats

Activity: 167
Merit: 99

View Profile
May 24, 2023, 02:25:23 PM

It seems to me that the vast majority of more well to do investors (and seemingly smarter investors) are likely going to have a certain amount of diversification in the assets that they hold - but philosophies in regards to how much diversification is preferable is going to have a decently large amount of variance in terms of both personal preferences and also in terms of some personal characteristics of the investor.. so I doubt that there is any exact one stop shopping when it comes to the question of diversification or not or how much to do it.. and could become more problematic for investment newbies to be believing that they need to diversify for the mere sake of diversifying. which largely might end up reflecting more that they both don't know what the fuck they are doing, they are diluting their investments and also they might just be blindly throwing darts with some kind of expectation that one or more of them might get lucky.

I agree with this statement, there is a certain point in time when you need to de-risk your investment portfolio so you start a diversified strategy. When to do it is a pitfall, and the other is most common trap I see is if all diversified assets are linked to one economy then you are not truly diversified. Some economies do better than others, some are safer than other some are more risky than others but putting all your eggs in one basket is a risk, whether that’s only going into one thing or if all the things are only linked to the success or failure of that one economy. I do like Bitcoin in that there are no borders Wink

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 24, 2023, 04:48:56 PM

[edited out]
I agree with you on this, because every investors know how many bitcoin they want to accumulate. It all boils down to the mindset,income and bitcoin goal of individuals. Mr A might choose to start accumulating his bitcoin till it gets to 2BTC because he knows that in few years he can achieve that,and Mr B can also feel that all he needs is 1BTC and he try his best to accumulate this over some period of time.  Likewise,Mr C can come up with not having an actual amount which he wants to accumulate but because he loves and believe in bitcoin, he decided to just keep on accumulating to see how many Bitcoin he can accumulate for a long period of time without a target in his mind. What you said it is true,some investors accumulate to their bitcoin goal and after some years, they decide in double their portfolio due to some reasons.

All of this seems to be true.. and at the same time, the best that we can attempt to know is our own current budget, and to attempt to figure out how aggressive that we might want to be.. whether we make our evaluations in the amount of bitcoin that we accumulate or the goals that we set or we attempt to evaluate the dollar value of that accumulation or some kind of a combination.

I think that at the same time, we should be able to plot out a variety of possible BTC accumulation scenarios in order to attempt to have various aims that might show how our valuation of those various BTC accumulation scenarios might play out depending on our own cashflow circumstances, how well (and aggressive) that we might be in our BTC accumulation within such projected future scenarios and surely changes in the BTC price along the way will both affect how many BTC we are able to accumulate in a certain period of time and how it is valued (in dollars) at various points in the journey.

I like to create Excel spreadsheets to project scenarios, and from time to time, I can either update the Excel spreadsheets or change scenarios or change the name (maybe just by keeping the same name, but including the date in the name).. so that I am able to go back and look at some of my earlier projections as compared to how my current BTC accumulation is going and how the price changes might have affected how it actually looks in a specific way as compared with how I had projected it to be at earlier points of time, whether i go back at certain low points in the BTC price in the past or high points or even a few years versus going back for nearly 9 years (and surely I have some of similar kinds of cashflow projections prior to my including bitcoin into those projections, so I can see pre-bitcoin versus after including bitcoin too).

No one really can know how it will play out. or even whether goals might be exceeded or underperformed in various ways, and personally, I think that I tended to try to be conservative in a variety of my projections, and even though I considered myself to be modestly assertive and persistent in regards to my BTC accumulation, but still at the same time, I have various locations in history in which I know that mistakes were made.. but at the same time, I can see that some of those mistakes caused set backs, but they were not as overwhelmingly damaging as sometimes they might feel at the time when they are made.. while at the same time, there can be ways in which mistakes are made. and it cannot be exactly clear regarding if things could have been done differently, if I had thought that I was already engaging in a kind of good practices.. and surely I feel lucky for NOT making even BIGGER mistakes that I know some others had made along the way that contribute to their later being bitter and resentful regarding mistakes that they could have been more careful in avoiding.

Imagine if he had all those btc with him presently. Imagine someone has 0.1btc right now and was able to accumulate more bitcoin gradually and does DCA till he realizes 1btc and hold it for 13yrs,he will be very happy seeing the worth of his investment.
You know that past performance does not guarantee future results, and for sure many of us likely need to go through some balancing in terms of how we are going to manage our BTC - and sure, largely I do not disagree with you, since I have spent the last 9.5 years mostly accumulating bitcoin, but I also did most of my BTC accumulation in the first few years, so sometimes at a certain point, any of us might be able to figure out that we have enough bitcoin, so part of any balance that we might strike is going to come from a certain amount of trying to figure out how much of a balance of BTC that we might try to keep, and perhaps trying to plan to make sure that we are not giving up too much BTC along the way.. but if we had figured out in 2015 that we needed to get to 100 BTC in order to be at fuck you status if the 200 moving weekly average reaches $10k and then we would be a millionaire and we would be set.  However, in 2020, we realize that maybe we might need to be at an evaluation of $2 million to be a fuck you status since $1 million might not work anymore.  So then part of the question might be regarding whether we might need more bitcoin or not, if we had already reached our earlier goal and maybe we even met the later redefined goal, since currently it takes only around 80 BTC to be at $2million valuation..and so we are largely above fuck you status.. if that might be part of our aspiration in terms of both having enough and then figuring out if we need to exceed those amounts or where we might believe that we might want to hold some of our other assets, if we might not have anything other than bitcoin.. but as we already discussed, there may well likely be some preference to start to diversify once we start to build our investment portfolio to higher and higher amounts, and maybe at a certain point, we have way more than we had thought that we would end up needing (and that would not be a bad problem to have).
Yes when one feels that he has accumulated enough for himself,he can diversify to another asset. Some investors believes that there is a particular fraction of their funds that should be invested into various assets. For example, if he wants his bitcoin investment to be 10BTC,immediately he accumulates to that amount,he will stop and diversify to some other assets and nothing will change his mind because this was his plan.

I believe that you have the right idea Sim_card, but I would still frame the matter differently.

Sure, some of the diversification could come from selling a certain amount of bitcoin, but it also could just end up being a kind of tapering of some of the cashflow into other areas in order to get some price exposure to other areas, whether it might be stocks, or property or to some business or some other kind of way that a person might want to try to ensure that not all of his investment is ONLY in bitcoin.

I doubt that i was ever of the view that I should sell all of my bitcoin, but there were points in time in which I had gotten down to 85% bitcoin and 15% cash that was in my investment portfolio (when I started in bitcoin, I already had a bunch of other investments that largely related to various kinds of index stock funds, property and business matters.. so I did sometimes calculate in terms of what value I had allocated to bitcoin.. and sometimes within that part of my investment portfolio, I would consider bitcoin and cash.. and so there were always some cash reserves)..

So initially when I projected out my bitcoin strategy, I had considered that I would sell more bitcoin as the price went up as the BTC price was going up, but as the BTC price went up, I became increasingly reluctant to sell a lot of it, which surely can end up with some regrets or difficulties when the BTC price corrects 70% or more.... but I still figured out some ways to try to be comfortable with continuing to mostly hold BTC and not to be selling a lot of it, even though I knew that I would suffer in the valuations when the price went down.. which still is the case today when I still hold way over 95% of the BTC allocated funds in BTC and quite less than 5% in cash that would be for buying on dips. or even some kind of a DCA application.

It may not be very clear in the earlier days of BTC accumulation how to play the holdings of BTC or even how much BTC that you might want to sell on the way up in order to accomplish more diversification in your overall investment portfolio or maybe you just start to channel cashflow to those other areas, and likely you would end up tailoring whatever you end up doing to your own specific circumstances, that would be more informed upon your entertaining those questions at the time that you are ready to start to employ them which might end up playing out a bit differently from what you initially had planned to do.. and I am not even suggesting not making a plan.. it is likely good to have a plan that you make early on and then to either follow through with it exactly or to tweak it in various places along the way in order to hopefully account for your having more and better information that you will be able to specifically act upon at a later date.

You may well be saying the same thing as me.. just that you had said it differently, so I am not even suggesting that you are not already thinking in a similar direction as me on this topic of how to manage the portfolio at a later date down the road.

But yeah if you are referring to members in their earlier accumulation years, they may well be struggling to get up to 1 BTC, and maybe it could take years and years and years to get up to 1 BTC, and maybe they might be better off setting lower accumulation goals for themselves, if they happen to just be getting started in their BTC accumulation journey.
I must say that information is power. Personally, I was thinking very shallow on my bitcoin journey, I thought that if I can accumulate up to 0.5BTC that I have attained my bitcoin goal,not until when I saw this thread and started reading about members contributions on accumulating and holding for a very long time. My mindset towards my portfolio changed and I got motivated by you and some others to just keeping on accumulating more bitcoin, and I am very happy with this understanding and knowledge on the secrete towards accumulating and holding for as long as possible.

I think that it is true that if you end up accumulating bitcoin early on, and you continue to study bitcoin, and you might set some early BTC accumulation goals, and sure maybe they are easy or difficult, but as you accumulate more bitcoin, you might come up with more and more ways and more and more reasons to accumulate more BTC in such ways that you end up accumulating more BTC than you had initially thought that you had wanted to accumulate.. and so if you do end up engaging in those kinds of behaviors, you still have to likely ONGOINGLY make sure that you are comfortable with what you had chosen to do.. both financially and psychologically.. even if there might be some wee bits of discomfort that comes with  any kind of potentially aggressive approach or over accumulation approach but hopefully not so much aggressiveness or over accumulation that you cross the line into gambling rather than investing.. and it is not always clear how far that you are able to go without crossing the line.

My plan initially was to hold a certain amount of bitcoin till the bull run and sell off to make profit and buy at the dip again but that plan has been canceled. So I will say that newbies who only have little target to accumulate little btc is because of lack of proper knowledge and mentorship or guidance that will inspire them to go beyond their bitcoin accumulation goal. Newbies will lack that insight to see the potential of bitcoin in the nearest future on their own. This is what will make them set lower accumulation goal for themselves.

I agree and it is best when the conviction is coming from within yourself, even if you might rely on some information from others and some reinforcement, but ultimately you have to figure out your own balance because no one is going to give any shits about you if you fuck up.. except for yourself.. and you are responsible for those decisions, and the same is true for the no coiners, the low coiners and those who chose to be overly whimpy in their approach to BTC.. some of the whimpy ones will come along later.. and each of us has to figure out our own balance, and many of us bitcoiners already realize that there are a lot of folks who are way under allocated to bitcoin because they ongoingly and persistently continue to get off of zero.. and they may well end up regretting their lack of taking action down the road.. who knows? who knows?  Maybe they will end up being right?  hahahahahaha .. I doubt it, but you never know for sure.. that's the thing about taking risks and figuring out a comfortable allocation level in order that you can still live with your situation (financially and psychologically) if the investment thesis of bitcoin ends up not playing out even close to as great as you thought it would and even in a negative direction..

I must say that information is power. Personally, I was thinking very shallow on my bitcoin journey, I thought that if I can accumulate up to 0.5BTC that I have attained my bitcoin goal,not until when I saw this thread and started reading about members contributions on accumulating and holding for a very long time.
I have no way of agreeing with your plan because humans are basically never satisfied with what they have. Bitcoin is money, you can never give up on the amount you have without trying to accumulate it again as long as you are confident and have the budget to do so. 0.5 btc is not much, but it might be a lot for your current financial capabilities.

The time will come for you to have a bigger investment portfolio if you can do it consistently. Investments don't need to be forced and you have to be wise enough to set the direction of your income and expenses, so save as much as you can. Also some plans have gone haywire for some reason even unexpectedly. Do you remember when covid happened, many of us or investors had to sell a certain amount of bitcoins because they lost their source of income because of the lockdown.

Yep.. we have to be careful NOT to have to be forced to sell any (or all) of our bitcoin at a time that is not completely of our own choosing, and for sure the March 2020 scenario did force a lot of weak hands into selling BTC and perhaps even selling more than they would have had preferred to have sold - because it is may well be possible that they well never get those BTC back.  That is one of the examples to have reserves and maybe even excessive reserves.. and if bitcoin is serving as your reserve, then you may well be over-allocated to bitcoin.. in a kind of way that does not make a lot of sense... but you do not know until the situation comes and then you end up panicking... and those kinds of situations are not easy, even for highly convicted bitcoiners to either HODL or to buy more or if they have to sell.. to sell as little as possible... and each person will have to be responsible for the level of extreme dire that s/he had put himself into by those kinds of outrageous and extreme scenarios that sometimes end up playing out in the real world rather than the world that had been imagined the the delusional investor who invested too much.

It seems to me that the vast majority of more well to do investors (and seemingly smarter investors) are likely going to have a certain amount of diversification in the assets that they hold - but philosophies in regards to how much diversification is preferable is going to have a decently large amount of variance in terms of both personal preferences and also in terms of some personal characteristics of the investor.. so I doubt that there is any exact one stop shopping when it comes to the question of diversification or not or how much to do it.. and could become more problematic for investment newbies to be believing that they need to diversify for the mere sake of diversifying. which largely might end up reflecting more that they both don't know what the fuck they are doing, they are diluting their investments and also they might just be blindly throwing darts with some kind of expectation that one or more of them might get lucky.
I agree with this statement, there is a certain point in time when you need to de-risk your investment portfolio so you start a diversified strategy. When to do it is a pitfall, and the other is most common trap I see is if all diversified assets are linked to one economy then you are not truly diversified. Some economies do better than others, some are safer than other some are more risky than others but putting all your eggs in one basket is a risk, whether that’s only going into one thing or if all the things are only linked to the success or failure of that one economy. I do like Bitcoin in that there are no borders Wink

You are exactly right Greyhats that diversification might not really count very much if it is not spread into different kinds of asset classes, or at least attempted to be spread into non-correlated asset classes.

One of our current economic problems have become that so many asset classes are so much tied into dollar/debt systems that a lot of them are going to end up seeming like they are getting fucked at various points when the dollar gets fucked...

but at the same time, the dollar might be a piece of shit, it still has value flowing into it from various other fiat systems that are even in worse situations.. and I am not even proclaiming to realize how it is all going to play out, but still other fiats do end up flowing into the dollar and a lot of the incentive systems of the free market are hard to read because of the various perversions of the various debt systems around the world.

Another diversification mistake that people make is their believing that their investing into shitcoins is diversifying, when the overwhelming majority of shitcoins are tied to the performance of bitcoin, so the diversification is likely not real at all.. and if anyone believe that they should by some shitcoins in order to "diversify" then at least if they try to minimize the number of shitcoins that they buy, then they can at least acknowledge that they are not really diversifying into any other different industry or not as much as some folks might want to proclaim them to be accomplishing by buying various shitcoins.. merely because they are easy to buy and might not be very easy to exit.. when the shit hits the fan (or at times that you might want to exit them).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 24, 2023, 06:12:05 PM
Merited by imamusma (1)

Yep.. we have to be careful NOT to have to be forced to sell any (or all) of our bitcoin at a time that is not completely of our own choosing, and for sure the March 2020 scenario did force a lot of weak hands into selling BTC and perhaps even selling more than they would have had preferred to have sold - because it is may well be possible that they well never get those BTC back.  That is one of the examples to have reserves and maybe even excessive reserves.. and if bitcoin is serving as your reserve, then you may well be over-allocated to bitcoin.. in a kind of way that does not make a lot of sense... but you do not know until the situation comes and then you end up panicking... and those kinds of situations are not easy, even for highly convicted bitcoiners to either HODL or to buy more or if they have to sell.. to sell as little as possible... and each person will have to be responsible for the level of extreme dire that s/he had put himself into by those kinds of outrageous and extreme scenarios that sometimes end up playing out in the real world rather than the world that had been imagined the the delusional investor who invested too much.
There are precarious situations that always need to be considered even though we have developed the best plan for long term investment. I'm sure anyone would consider selling their bitcoin as long as they believe it's the best option for survival or the only option that will help them out of a disaster. Drying up sources of income will force a lot of people to sell their properties including digital assets like this, and actually that's not a problem at all because we don't have to hold bitcoins forever.

The Covid disaster has taught us something, especially about how we have to manage investment plans and adjust things well. I believe bitcoin is a reserve for some people instead of gold or other investment assets, but I think they also need to diversify their assets to other assets instead of just bitcoin. No one knows when we will have financial problems that will force us to sell, it could be when the price drops a lot or it may be lower than what we expected. Having other assets as options is good, so I think it can never go wrong.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Ryu_Ar1

Activity: 784
Merit: 615

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2023, 08:30:10 PM

Well, in this case at least you already have a target and of course it's still very good to do. but of course with the condition of human nature with our dissatisfaction with something, I think you can still continue with ambition if you really want to.
You can do that target for the start but when it's achieved, then what? Life still goes on and we still have to keep writing history for ourselves so there needs to be a new target for that. Even though greed is not very good, of course there are new targets to be achieved when your old targets are exceeded so that with that we can reconsider for the next step.
I also didn't want to go too far at first because my focus was only on buying a little and focusing on my savings but after that I realized and now I'm trying to want more and for that I still DCA again and again for now while watching conditions also for utilization when the price is below for my current goals.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2023, 09:27:01 PM
Merited by ginsan (1)

There are precarious situations that always need to be considered even though we have developed the best plan for long term investment. I'm sure anyone would consider selling their bitcoin as long as they believe it's the best option for survival or the only option that will help them out of a disaster. Drying up sources of income will force a lot of people to sell their properties including digital assets like this, and actually that's not a problem at all because we don't have to hold bitcoins forever.

No one, except for you, can determine if you made mistakes in your selling of bitcoin during the March 2020 dip down to $3,850-ish.. .or if you might have over invested in terms of feeling a need to sell on the way down. .in which thereafter, the BTC price has not returned even close to those levels.. especially after September 2020, we have not returned below $10k or even really come close to $10k (the lowest so far was right around $15,479 in November 2022).

The Covid disaster has taught us something, especially about how we have to manage investment plans and adjust things well. I believe bitcoin is a reserve for some people instead of gold or other investment assets, but I think they also need to diversify their assets to other assets instead of just bitcoin.

I already talked about this diversification question.  The solution to not having your financial and psychological matters together is not necessarily diversification.. but maybe you are using the term differently since there can be some need to have both cash and bitcoin and then running out of cash as the BTC price is falling may well be considered a lack of diversification.  So in that regard, surely it might have had been helpful to have some spare cash during such a March 2020 liquidity event in which even if you might not have had to use the cash to buy BTC (whether referring to you specifically or anyone who is reading this thread and went through difficulties of perhaps selling BTC during that March 2020 period), you might not have had to feel some kind of necessity to sell BTC at the wrong time (or at a time that did not end up being a good time to execute such)

No one knows when we will have financial problems that will force us to sell,

Of course, no one knows, and that is part of the reason to prepare for BTC prices to go in either direction .. and even extremes, so in that regard, even if you might not be completely prepared, you are not acting like a deer in the headlights and completely panicking based on lack of preparations...

Sure, it is not likely even comfortable for anyone who is even prepared for extreme events, but it is likely a heck of a lot better for those who have done a decent amount of preparations, even if they might end up panicking a little bit, they might save themselves from panicking a lot... because sometimes those kinds of situations could cause very irreversible abilities to recover and perhaps even ending up with only 1/3 of the coins that you could have had if you had merely just held through the whole thing.. .. and some people never recover.. they turn bitter and they fail to act or they come up with very deficient strategies to deal with those kinds of situations.

it could be when the price drops a lot or it may be lower than what we expected. Having other assets as options is good, so I think it can never go wrong.

Even if any of us might be prepared for extreme situations, then we still might not be completely ready for how extreme it ends up getting.. so it could be the case that we don't disagree on this point... and sometimes diversification is merely having both cash and bitcoin rather than just bitcoin, but still if the cash runs out because you keep buying and the BTC price keeps dipping, then maybe the only thing that is left is just to wait every two weeks to figure out whether to buy and then in those situations, there might still not be comfort buying, but instead just letting the cash reserves to build up..   Everyone is going to have some slightly different ways to attempt to prepare for these kinds of matters, and some will make greater mistakes than others, and not everyone will learn from their mistakes, so it surely can be difficult to describe any kinds of exact blanket solutions, except for people to attempt ot make sure that they study their own finances and their own psychology in order to best coordinate what they are doing with those financial and psychological factors which include at least attempting to consider your cashflow, how much bitcoin you have already accumulated, your other investments (including cash reserves), your view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, timeline, risk tolerance, and your time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets) and your abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 02:02:14 PM

It might not be much, but I believe after the next bull cycle is over, most of the new entrants will obviously have a harder time in owning one whole Bitcoin because it would be too expensive. It would probably not be lower than the last ATH.

Although, there might be more golden opportunities to come.

Cool

The Federal Reserve and other Central Banks of the world have printed so much paper money, "FREE MONEY", for more than 10 years, pumping the economy, that it makes everyone more reckless. But with the aggressive tightening and the rate hikes, there might be hard landings in many regions of the world coming, and this will make assets DIP including Bitcoin.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
usekevin

Activity: 2212
Merit: 555

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 06:52:21 PM

Even if any of us might be prepared for extreme situations, then we still might not be completely ready for how extreme it ends up getting.. so it could be the case that we don't disagree on this point... and sometimes diversification is merely having both cash and bitcoin rather than just bitcoin, but still if the cash runs out because you keep buying and the BTC price keeps dipping, then maybe the only thing that is left is just to wait every two weeks to figure out whether to buy and then in those situations, there might still not be comfort buying, but instead just letting the cash reserves to build up.. 

When we proffered for the extreme,no need to worry on the results.We need to wait till the market react for the investment.When the market is the bear one,the process of buying should be continue till the one complete btc is reached.The saving of one bitcoin before the 2017 was quite easier because of high payment of bitcoin because of less value of bitcoin through the signature campaign.The people who had saved their campaign payment 2017 or before will have bitcoin more then the complete value of 1 Bitcoin.The continues buying using the bear will also result to the maximum savings of the traders.

Everyone is going to have some slightly different ways to attempt to prepare for these kinds of matters, and some will make greater mistakes than others, and not everyone will learn from their mistakes, so it surely can be difficult to describe any kinds of exact blanket solutions, except for people to attempt ot make sure that they study their own finances and their own psychology in order to best coordinate what they are doing with those financial and psychological factors which include at least attempting to consider your cashflow, how much bitcoin you have already accumulated, your other investments (including cash reserves), your view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, timeline, risk tolerance, and your time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets) and your abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments.

The big blunder done by the old users will be cash out to their fiat at the needed situation.During 2016-2017 period,the bitcoin was hacked from the many wallet.People who had their bitcoin in the cold storage had secured a lot.Some of the crypto wallet was hacked and my friend 9 bitcoin was stolen.He get that bitcoin as their birthday gift from his uncle.Even now the elder people of crypto should gift their young people with some bitcoin and allow their to convert to fiat.So that the young people had their first experience with the bitcoin.It allow them to trust the bitcoin and start to use of bitcoin as their investment tool.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
ajiz138

Activity: 1498
Merit: 784

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2023, 06:54:40 PM

It might not be much, but I believe after the next bull cycle is over, most of the new entrants will obviously have a harder time in owning one whole Bitcoin because it would be too expensive. It would probably not be lower than the last ATH.

Although, there might be more golden opportunities to come.
Yes it will be very difficult to have one bitcoin when it has exceeded the next ATH cycle while the lowest price will not be as low as last year's price so you can imagine how difficult it will be for them to achieve that, but it will take a yearly process to reach 1 Bitcoin.

Human nature is always different, for example if they already have 0.5 BTC and when the price is expensive then they will definitely sell it because they see a high value, whereas people who want to achieve the goal of 1 BTC must be consistent throughout their long journey, I know some people are salaried the price is not that big so they will only set aside lower than what is expected.

Still, the golden opportunity is now not waiting, buy dip now if you have lots of money.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 08:50:45 PM

Even if any of us might be prepared for extreme situations, then we still might not be completely ready for how extreme it ends up getting.. so it could be the case that we don't disagree on this point... and sometimes diversification is merely having both cash and bitcoin rather than just bitcoin, but still if the cash runs out because you keep buying and the BTC price keeps dipping, then maybe the only thing that is left is just to wait every two weeks to figure out whether to buy and then in those situations, there might still not be comfort buying, but instead just letting the cash reserves to build up.. 
When we proffered for the extreme,no need to worry on the results.We need to wait till the market react for the investment.When the market is the bear one,the process of buying should be continue till the one complete btc is reached.The saving of one bitcoin before the 2017 was quite easier because of high payment of bitcoin because of less value of bitcoin through the signature campaign.The people who had saved their campaign payment 2017 or before will have bitcoin more then the complete value of 1 Bitcoin.The continues buying using the bear will also result to the maximum savings of the traders.

This sounds mostly correct, even though we cannot really presume the number of bitcoin that anyone might have merely based on their bitcoin entry date, even though surely it may well have been a lot easier to get some bitcoin if any of us had been into bitcoin earlier, rather than some folks who might not have know about bitcoin so then they would not have acted in order to get some bitcoin.

Of course, even now there are a lot of folks who have heard about bitcoin, but they either have no clue what it is (even though they might wrongly believe that they know what bitcoin is merely because they heard the word), and then there are even a lot of people who "kind of" know about bitcoin and who might have even bought a decent amount of bitcoin, but still hardly have any clue about what bitcoin is, and part of the evidence of the lack of knowledge has to do with the ongoingly low level of bitcoin adoption (likely quite less than 1%)... showing that we are still in quite early days of bitcoin's adoption and the growth of its various network effects.

Everyone is going to have some slightly different ways to attempt to prepare for these kinds of matters, and some will make greater mistakes than others, and not everyone will learn from their mistakes, so it surely can be difficult to describe any kinds of exact blanket solutions, except for people to attempt ot make sure that they study their own finances and their own psychology in order to best coordinate what they are doing with those financial and psychological factors which include at least attempting to consider your cashflow, how much bitcoin you have already accumulated, your other investments (including cash reserves), your view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, timeline, risk tolerance, and your time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets) and your abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments.
The big blunder done by the old users will be cash out to their fiat at the needed situation.During 2016-2017 period,the bitcoin was hacked from the many wallet.People who had their bitcoin in the cold storage had secured a lot.

You might need to describe a bit better what you are talking about in terms of some of the vulnerabilities that you perceive.. and if you are partially referring to the Luke Dasher loss of funds, then that could surely be an issue but does not really go towards any kinds of meaningful vulnerabilities in bitcoin, even if sometimes there could be some user errors and even failure to adequately secure coins... including that even smart (technologically sophisticated) people make mistakes... to the extent that "we" even really know what happened in that particular case.

Some of the crypto wallet was hacked and my friend 9 bitcoin was stolen.

We are not talking about shitcoins here.. so maybe you should be more specific.. since the word "crypto" is not really very helpful in attempting to determine what you are talking about exactly.

There are a variety of ways that people could lose coins, but I doubt that you are describing a bitcoin hacking situation in the way that "hacking" is usually understood, even if your friend might have had lost some BTC as you mentioned... but maybe you should describe a bit better in order that we might understand, to the extent that what you are describing might be related to this thread...

Surely, in this thread we are talking about buying BTC on the dip and also holding BTC and various ways to accumulate BTC, so surely the more BTC that we get, the more important it will be that we make sure that our security practices are good enough so that we are either not a target or that we do not somehow end up losing our BTC based on our own sloppiness.. Even though I will concede that being your own bank can frequently be a bit more difficult than having your money held by third parties, but it is not always the case that it is more complicated, and surely many of us likely realize that there are a lot of advantages that potentially can come from holding your own coins, so long as you do not end up losing them because you do not know enough about how to do it properly (or better practices to try to make sure that your coins are sufficiently secure, especially for the quantity of that you have accumulated that can increase in value quickly, as many of us have discussed in this thread).

He get that bitcoin as their birthday gift from his uncle.Even now the elder people of crypto should gift their young people with some bitcoin and allow their to convert to fiat.

I think that you are being unclear to be talking about bitcoin and continuing to use the "crypto" word.. because it is really vague to be referring to bitcoin and using the term bitcoin.. so maybe you should clarify.. or just stop using the "crypto" word if you are really talking about bitcoin.

And, in terms of your suggestion that "people should be allowed to convert to bitcoin." People can do whatever the fuck they want, but we are not talking about selling bitcoin in this thread.. we are talking about ways to accumulate and hold bitcoin and perhaps ways to figure out how to NOT screw up in various accumulation strategies in terms of trying to be able to take advantage of dip periods to buy BTC or to hold rather than to sell, if that might be some of the inclinations that some people might get when they see BTC prices going down at a fast pace.

So that the young people had their first experience with the bitcoin.It allow them to trust the bitcoin and start to use of bitcoin as their investment tool.

For sure it can take a while to get used to bitcoin and the various ways to use it and to store it.. so I cannot really disagree with you about these last points that you are making.

Frankolala

Activity: 700
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 26, 2023, 09:26:36 AM

surely changes in the BTC price along the way will both affect how many BTC we are able to accumulate in a certain period of time and how it is valued (in dollars) at various points in the journey.
Absolutely correct,price of bitcoin and the value in dollars can be a big barrier for one to accumulate the actual number of bitcoin in a given period of time but nevertheless, as long as you stay focus and keeping on accumating,you will surely achieve your bitcoin goal. What matters most is your patience and understanding of the present scenario in your bitcoin journey.

Another diversification mistake that people make is their believing that their investing into shitcoins is diversifying, when the overwhelming majority of shitcoins are tied to the performance of bitcoin, so the diversification is likely not real at all.. and if anyone believe that they should by some shitcoins in order to "diversify" then at least if they try to minimize the number of shitcoins that they buy, then they can at least acknowledge that they are not really diversifying into any other different industry or not as much as some folks might want to proclaim them to be accomplishing by buying various shitcoins.. merely because they are easy to buy and might not be very easy to exit.. when the shit hits the fan (or at times that you might want to exit them).
Yea,this is the problem that some investors fails to get right, that investing in shitcoin is not diversifying into a different form of assets,rather you are gambling with your investment because shitcoins will definitely depreciate to zero value if you dare try to hold for long. They think because it is easy to buy and it is a cryptocurrency that it has the same potential with bitcoin,and the worst of it is that they will even go to the extend of selling some fraction of their bitcoin for shitcoins. The aftermath will bring regrets to these kind of people at the end of the day,because they lack the concrete knowledge on bitcoin and investment diversification

it could be when the price drops a lot or it may be lower than what we expected. Having other assets as options is good, so I think it can never go wrong.
Even if any of us might be prepared for extreme situations, then we still might not be completely ready for how extreme it ends up getting.. so it could be the case that we don't disagree on this point... and sometimes diversification is merely having both cash and bitcoin rather than just bitcoin, but still if the cash runs out because you keep buying and the BTC price keeps dipping, then maybe the only thing that is left is just to wait every two weeks to figure out whether to buy and then in those situations, there might still not be comfort buying, but instead just letting the cash reserves to build up..   Everyone is going to have some slightly different ways to attempt to prepare for these kinds of matters, and some will make greater mistakes than others, and not everyone will learn from their mistakes, so it surely can be difficult to describe any kinds of exact blanket solutions, except for people to attempt ot make sure that they study their own finances and their own psychology in order to best coordinate what they are doing with those financial and psychological factors which include at least attempting to consider your cashflow, how much bitcoin you have already accumulated, your other investments (including cash reserves), your view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, timeline, risk tolerance, and your time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets) and your abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments.
You are extremely right,for one to be able to hold for long no matter the challenges that come ahead of us,one must be prepared financially and pyscologically. You must plan or create a venue for cash inflow,so that you don't deviate from your target which is either to continue accumulating or to stop the accumulation for awhile but hold strong till the right time comes again,when you feel that you have overcome the cash inflow obstacle to start accumulating again. There must be a balance in your cash inflow and your bitcoin accumulation base on your various means of income to make sure that you don't rush out of cash and won't go to your portfolio during the dip, no matter the circumstances on ground. Because if you lack cash and see your bitcoin investment as the only alternative, you will end up selling at lost and this can even make you give up on your bitcoin investment.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
May 26, 2023, 08:25:40 PM

You are extremely right,for one to be able to hold for long no matter the challenges that come ahead of us,one must be prepared financially and pyscologically. You must plan or create a venue for cash inflow,so that you don't deviate from your target which is either to continue accumulating or to stop the accumulation for awhile but hold strong till the right time comes again,when you feel that you have overcome the cash inflow obstacle to start accumulating again. There must be a balance in your cash inflow and your bitcoin accumulation base on your various means of income to make sure that you don't rush out of cash and won't go to your portfolio during the dip, no matter the circumstances on ground. Because if you lack cash and see your bitcoin investment as the only alternative, you will end up selling at lost and this can even make you give up on your bitcoin investment.
Reflection in this case is of course a consideration for someone to be able to balance their income with the investment they apply. It won't be a big problem if someone is able to manage income and expenses and the money that will be used to invest in bitcoin. Systematically if someone has savings and a decent job with passive income weekly/per day, of course he will find it easy to manage the flow of money he gets so basically this applies to everyone how the principles will be applied in investment patterns in btc.

Someone will be prepared for all forms of risk, financial, psychological and also a strong belief in every choice he makes in investing. In this situation I have a very primitive opinion in their belief in making choices where someone who has the initiative to look at the increasingly advanced digital era will have a more aggressive mindset in collecting btc that will bring him great success in the future. Another factor is that many things have happened and become a reality to behold. Buy and Hold that's the main point in this context.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 707

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 27, 2023, 12:30:38 PM

Human nature is always different, for example if they already have 0.5 BTC and when the price is expensive then they will definitely sell it because they see a high value, whereas people who want to achieve the goal of 1 BTC must be consistent throughout their long journey, I know some people are salaried the price is not that big so they will only set aside lower than what is expected.

Still, the golden opportunity is now not waiting, buy dip now if you have lots of money.

There is no doubt that human nature varies from person to person, however the decision to sell Bitcoin holdings is not solely driven by market conditions or desire to book gains, there are many other factors those can influence our decision making, such as long term goals, financial situation and  risk tolerance level. The history has demonstrated it consistently that long term HODLERS of Bitcoin are always at advantage, therefore, in stead of booking small gains, wait for the bull cycle to relaize significant profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Sim_card

Activity: 434
Merit: 370

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2023, 09:56:42 PM
Merited by Nwada001 (3)

There is no doubt that human nature varies from person to person, however the decision to sell Bitcoin holdings is not solely driven by market conditions or desire to book gains, there are many other factors those can influence our decision making, such as long term goals, financial situation and  risk tolerance level. The history has demonstrated it consistently that long term HODLERS of Bitcoin are always at advantage, therefore, in stead of booking small gains, wait for the bull cycle to relaize significant profit.
Bitcoin holdings should be seen as a practice and during the process of holding you should also try to accumulate bit by bit based on your income a that moment. One should have another means of cash inflow to take care of any expenses that may occur during that period of holding, so that the market price during the bear wouldn't make you to panic and sell. It is our decision and determination that can enable one to plan on a good strategy that he can use to overcome whatever financial challenges that will discourage you to sell some part of your bitcoin portfolio.

The history has demonstrated it consistently that long term HODLERS of Bitcoin are always at advantage, therefore, in stead of booking small gains, wait for the bull cycle to relaize significant profit
This thread is not about selling you bitcoin during the bull market for good profit but a thread on how to buy at dip and hold for long without thinking of selling even in the bull market. This is because if you sell in the bull run,you might not be able to get back that same fraction of bitcoin which you have sold in few years or even for life. Before every bull run there is a halving which will reduce the quantity of bitcoin to be mined. Therefore, if you sell all your bitcoin for fiat,which one will you be able to hold on for long when the price might be 10x what you sold earlier.

The wisest way to benefit from your bitcoin portfolio is to hold for a very long time and continue to DCA.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Z_MBFM

Activity: 378
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2023, 03:04:21 AM

surely changes in the BTC price along the way will both affect how many BTC we are able to accumulate in a certain period of time and how it is valued (in dollars) at various points in the journey.
Yes you are correct, the price of Bitcoin can change and that determines how many Bitcoins we can collect in a given period and what its value (in dollars) will be at different times along the way.  The amount of Bitcoin we collect and its dollar value in a given period may vary, depending on changes in the price of Bitcoin.  If the price of bitcoin increases, we can collect more bitcoins and its dollar value increases.  Conversely, if the value of Bitcoin falls, we will collect fewer Bitcoins and the dollar value of the collection will decrease.  Hence, the stability of Bitcoin price

Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 707

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 29, 2023, 03:49:06 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2023, 04:01:27 AM by Sayeds56

The wisest way to benefit from your bitcoin portfolio is to hold for a very long time and continue to DCA.

Indeed, holding Bitcoin for significant period of time and consistently adding more Bitcoins in your portfolio by employing Dollar cost averaging strategy (DCA) is a prudent approach. The historical performance of Bitcoin has vindicated that it has potential of substantial growth and ability to outperform other class- of assets, including gold and stocks, in the long term. However, decision to continue holding and acquiring new Bitcoins entirely depends on individual's financial situation and circumstances, additionally  there is always risk associated with all type of investments including Bitcoin, therefore it is wise to carefully evaluate your financial situation, long term goals and risk tolerance before making any investment decision.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
DaNNy001

Activity: 616
Merit: 509

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2023, 06:33:41 AM

Indeed, holding Bitcoin for significant period of time and consistently adding more Bitcoins in your portfolio by employing Dollar cost averaging strategy (DCA) is a prudent approach. The historical performance of Bitcoin has vindicated that it has potential of substantial growth and ability to outperform other class- of assets, including gold and stocks, in the long term. However, decision to continue holding and acquiring new Bitcoins entirely depends on individual's financial situation and circumstances, additionally  there is always risk associated with all type of investments including Bitcoin, therefore it is wise to carefully evaluate your financial situation, long term goals and risk tolerance before making any investment decision.
I think thats actually the first thing that should come to light with anyone who is currently planning on starting an investment be it bitcoin or any other type, because you can afford to invest more than what you don't have and especially if its a long term investment it is going have a great toll on you that might result in you tempering with your investment or selling of a portion of it because of the pressure of not having enough funds to keep yourself sustained, so I will prefer before going in for an investment plan one should properly evaluate all the necessary risk involved and know the capability of his or herself because tangling yourself all in the name of saving up some stacks.

Its better to go for an active plan where you can be able buy a little fraction of BTC or save up something from your little earning, I think money splitting can help thats split it into sections where you can put some in your investment and still not be affected.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Dollar_Hunter

Activity: 1078
Merit: 21

COMBONetworkio

View Profile
May 31, 2023, 06:55:31 AM

Bitcoin price growth has indeed been proven in recent years until now it still has a positive ROI,
but for investments starting this year, ofcourse we hope that Bitcoin can reach a new year again, but that cannot be guaranteed either,
if you add There are too many bitcoins in your portfolio that you really need to know when to get out.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
YUriy1991

Activity: 910
Merit: 218

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 31, 2023, 08:17:39 AM

I think thats actually the first thing that should come to light with anyone who is currently planning on starting an investment be it bitcoin or any other type, because you can afford to invest more than what you don't have and especially if its a long term investment it is going have a great toll on you that might result in you tempering with your investment or selling of a portion of it because of the pressure of not having enough funds to keep yourself sustained, so I will prefer before going in for an investment plan one should properly evaluate all the necessary risk involved and know the capability of his or herself because tangling yourself all in the name of saving up some stacks.

Its better to go for an active plan where you can be able buy a little fraction of BTC or save up something from your little earning, I think money splitting can help thats split it into sections where you can put some in your investment and still not be affected.

Actually it's just a matter of hard work and dedication. If we are willing to learn and take action, we will be able to achieve positive results in managing our BTC assets. Success is not difficult, but requires persistence and the will to act. Regarding storing and adding BTC assets, it is important to find out on which exchanges the coin is available and at what price to buy it and is it considered safe. Once you have the coins, you need to know where and when to sell them. Easy.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2023, 02:39:32 PM

Bitcoin price growth has indeed been proven in recent years until now it still has a positive ROI,
but for investments starting this year, ofcourse we hope that Bitcoin can reach a new year again, but that cannot be guaranteed either,
if you add There are too many bitcoins in your portfolio that you really need to know when to get out.

It tends to take a long time to build any investment portfolio, whether including bitcoin in such investment portfolio or not.

It seems to me that the overwhelming majority of people do not have enough bitcoin in their investment portfolio, so I would not worry so much about a hypothetical problem in which there are some people that might have too many bitcoin in their portfolio, but it is quite likely that those who have too many bitcoin already know how to deal with the issue (not really a problem) of having too many bitcoin.

By the way, there may be people who believe that they have too many bitcoin in their investment portfolio, and I would speculate those kinds of people tend to be coming to wrong conclusions because they do not sufficiently/adequately understand what bitcoin is.

I will also suggest that relatively speaking none of us likely needs to take a very large allocation in bitcoin in order to have great potential of profiting stupendously from our having had invested in bitcoin, and so we might be able to try to consider our investment timeline of 4-10 years or longer, and really have good chances of having had received disparately great performance from bitcoin as compared to other investments that we might make.. and at the same time recognizing and appreciating that even bitcoin is not guaranteed to outperform other assets, even though bitcoin is likely amongst the best (if not the very best) of investment assets currently available to anyone in all places in the world.

Good luck if you do not have many if any coins or if you are busy getting worried about when to sell your coins rather than planning ways to prudently, adequately and sufficiently accumulating BTC, you will need it.

Actually it's just a matter of hard work and dedication. If we are willing to learn and take action, we will be able to achieve positive results in managing our BTC assets. Success is not difficult, but requires persistence and the will to act. Regarding storing and adding BTC assets, it is important to find out on which exchanges the coin is available and at what price to buy it and is it considered safe. Once you have the coins, you need to know where and when to sell them. Easy.

Success is easy in theory, but it takes a lot of conviction to follow a plan of consistently and persistently on an ongoing basis.

If success was so easy-peasy, then there would be way more people who already have financial security in their lives, and surely that is not true.  There is also regional and geographical variation in regards to historically who gets wealthy and how they get wealthy, which has a lot of corrupt, confusing and preclusive aspects.  Surely bitcoin is a new way to potentially become rich and to have success, and it has ONLY been around for 14 years, and at the same time has ONLY had a market, a monetary value and increasingly more accessible to everyone for around 12-ish years.. and arguably even less than that in terms of people in all parts of the world actually being able to reasonably access bitcoin - once they learn about it.. seems like challenges to me, rather than ease in being successful..

If it is so easy to be successful, why are there so many poor people in the world?  Is it because the so many poor people are too dumb or they are not "trying hard enough"?

You hardly make any sense YUriy1991, unless you are only viewing the world and the circumstances of people with a kind of rose-tinted glasses in which you believe everyone has opportunties that might have had been available to you and to your particular circumstances, or are you perhaps trying to suggest that you came out of the gutters, pulled yourself up by the bootstraps to become the successful person that presumptively you have become completely through your own efforts?

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 405 »
  Print  

Jump to: