Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:01:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - A NEW ERA BEGINS  (Read 28353 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1720 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Ganjamouse

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 04:20:06 PM

why is everything with XBY so  slow ..

Nothing's happening. Try asking how many people are still working for XBY and what they are doing concretely.
50$ volume today, says enough, even team doesn't want to buy anymore.

Hey Ganja you forgot about XFUEL Tongue people are buying https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xfuel/markets/

XFUEL is a fraud to me, knowing that plenty of people are still being paid XFUEL for whatever they're doing for the project, and XBY is still nowhere in cryptoworld.
N°1 crypto they said, .... and then nothing happened.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 09:22:31 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2021, 12:23:26 PM by sluppy

why is everything with XBY so  slow ..

Nothing's happening. Try asking how many people are still working for XBY and what they are doing concretely.
50$ volume today, says enough, even team doesn't want to buy anymore.

Hey Ganja you forgot about XFUEL Tongue people are buying https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xfuel/markets/

XFUEL is a fraud to me, knowing that plenty of people are still being paid XFUEL for whatever they're doing for the project, and XBY is still nowhere in cryptoworld.
N°1 crypto they said, .... and then nothing happened.

How hard is it to say this is what we are going to do .. 2 bln coin or whatever 1:1 swap . then give 500 million to whatever very clever company they can find to fund the rest of the development.  you freeze those 500 new coins you give to the company for 2 years minimum they will pay for all the development costs and get to use the super secret billion dollar tech. and offcourse their cut of the future Billions upon Billions that will be generated by licensing the tech.
It would also make sense to take a small %age of every Mint on the network and set that aside for future development. like 5-10% .
If they dont like my numbers change them .. you could even Reduce the total coins to try and lift the price of the ground like 10-1 swap.
I dont understand why it has to take over a month.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Ganjamouse

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 06:19:23 AM

Friendly reminder, nothing is going the right  way
XBoomerY

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 02:47:45 AM

I thinks it is safe to assume this project is over. I just don't see how there is any way that it can compete with the likes of Dot, ADA and the many others, who have teams and developers who have redefined this space. I'm sorry, I just don't see an way that XBY could have kept up over the past few years. This space has evolved and expanded too rapidly for a 4 year old technology like XBY. Good luck all.
Joe-Bloggs

Activity: 103
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 06:10:10 PM

I thinks it is safe to assume this project is over. I just don't see how there is any way that it can compete with the likes of Dot, ADA and the many others, who have teams and developers who have redefined this space. I'm sorry, I just don't see an way that XBY could have kept up over the past few years. This space has evolved and expanded too rapidly for a 4 year old technology like XBY. Good luck all.

Dont be fooled by the " teams" dot and atom are overrated. Blocknets tech is superior.
This was confirmed by several comparisons I have read. Ada is good but the ico was narrow.

Xby wallet is slow to sync who has some nodes to add?
Ganjamouse

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 10:26:12 AM

Last official update 3 months ago. Who's taking the lead of the project? Things moving forward?
Fallenkeith75

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

Hi Crypto Friends :)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2021, 12:15:13 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2021, 01:46:02 PM by Fallenkeith75

It doesn't seem like much has happened with this project since the restructure was announced. It's sad to hear about CCR and i've always felt like a single point of failure in this project was bad, but realistically at this point it's a "make or break" moment for it. If the technology is legitimate and the team comes out and wow investors, the project will survive, if they can't, then the project will sink into the annals of history similar to many other projects. The concept of it being a "ethereum killer" probably won't help it much though imo since there's already alot of "ethereum killers" that are far ahead with their own platforms and many hosting defi concepts and projects in their ecosystems

Hope everything works out for you guys, but personally I probably won't invest / buy into this project again unless the technology becomes much less obfuscated and can be properly audited and compared to many of the other platforms out there that are available. I would encourage alot of people still invested in this project (if they're in it for the money and not the technology) to take a look at some of the other projects that are active atm too and not to invest solely in this project. Alt season is in full bloom and many projects are up 1000% or more since last year. Rather than focusing solely on this project investment-wise, if you earn money on other alts you could reinvest profits into this project too

Just some advice from a old investor of many projects Smiley

Make sure to always backup your crypto seeds and passphrases friends

~If you see this signature, I hope you have a great day today!~
XBoomerY

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 07:48:40 PM

It doesn't seem like much has happened with this project since the restructure was announced. It's sad to hear about CCR and i've always felt like a single point of failure in this project was bad, but realistically at this point it's a "make or break" moment for it. If the technology is legitimate and the team comes out and wow investors, the project will survive, if they can't, then the project will sink into the annals of history similar to many other projects. The concept of it being a "ethereum killer" probably won't help it much though imo since there's already alot of "ethereum killers" that are far ahead with their own platforms and many hosting defi concepts and projects in their ecosystems

Hope everything works out for you guys, but personally I probably won't invest / buy into this project again unless the technology becomes much less obfuscated and can be properly audited and compared to many of the other platforms out there that are available. I would encourage alot of people still invested in this project (if they're in it for the money and not the technology) to take a look at some of the other projects that are active atm too and not to invest solely in this project. Alt season is in full bloom and many projects are up 1000% or more since last year. Rather than focusing solely on this project investment-wise, if you earn money on other alts you could reinvest profits into this project too

This project is a textbook case of how lack of transparency can ruin a project. XBY's total lack of transparency will surely end up leading to its demise. People are capable of handling the truth, yet over and over again, XBY has had to address negative outcomes, issues etc.. only after the fact. Once the community got wind of an issue and started raising concern, and asking questions, only then would someone from the team address what was going on. The best way to build a healthy, trusting relationship with the members of the community is to provide them access to information. Something rarely done here. Openness and authenticity are critical when it comes to sustaining brand loyalty. Companies that make it a common practice to suppress information about themselves are not trusted. Information abhors a vacuum and if you are not providing the information then audiences will source it or speculate about it for themselves. This I feel is one of the main reasons XBY has always battled "FUD" and negativity. They create it inadvertently through secrecy and lack of transparency. I don't fault the team for this. This was common practice for CCR, so most of the time, i'm sure the team was in the dark as well. This entire project has always been shrouded in a veil of secrecy, and is one of the reasons that so many potential investors shave always been skeptical. Trust is the key to brand success and transparency is trust in action. Those projects that embrace it will greatly increase investor satisfaction, and those investors will move from a mere awareness of the project and affinity for it, to advocacy. I hope the current team truly embraces this concept and makes it a cornerstone moving forward. I have no idea what is left of this project. No one does. How much coding is complete? How much is left to do to get XBY too mainnet? What size team will it need to complete this? These are just but a few questions that should have been answered long ago. Be forthcoming. The people that have been here with you and supporting this project for 4 years can help build it as well. You just have to be up front with them.

It’s no surprise that the issue of trust is paramount for the most successful businesses on the planet. ~Warren Buffet

A brand is simply trust. ~ Steve Jobs
XBoomerY

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 12:10:08 AM

This project is a textbook case of how lack of transparency can ruin a project. XBY's total lack of transparency will surely end up leading to its demise. People are capable of handling the truth, yet over and over again, XBY has had to address negative outcomes, issues etc.. only after the fact. Once the community got wind of an issue and started raising concern, and asking questions, only then would someone from the team address what was going on. The best way to build a healthy, trusting relationship with the members of the community is to provide them access to information. Something rarely done here. Openness and authenticity are critical when it comes to sustaining brand loyalty. Companies that make it a common practice to suppress information about themselves are not trusted. Information abhors a vacuum and if you are not providing the information then audiences will source it or speculate about it for themselves. This I feel is one of the main reasons XBY has always battled "FUD" and negativity. They create it inadvertently through secrecy and lack of transparency. I don't fault the team for this. This was common practice for CCR, so most of the time, i'm sure the team was in the dark as well. This entire project has always been shrouded in a veil of secrecy, and is one of the reasons that so many potential investors shave always been skeptical. Trust is the key to brand success and transparency is trust in action. Those projects that embrace it will greatly increase investor satisfaction, and those investors will move from a mere awareness of the project and affinity for it, to advocacy. I hope the current team truly embraces this concept and makes it a cornerstone moving forward. I have no idea what is left of this project. No one does. How much coding is complete? How much is left to do to get XBY too mainnet? What size team will it need to complete this? These are just but a few questions that should have been answered long ago. Be forthcoming. The people that have been here with you and supporting this project for 4 years can help build it as well. You just have to be up front with them.

It’s no surprise that the issue of trust is paramount for the most successful businesses on the planet. ~Warren Buffet

A brand is simply trust. ~ Steve Jobs

You quote Steve Jobs but Apple have always been secretive about everything.

Anyway moot point now as they are open sourcing the project.

Ignoratio Elenchi..
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 08:02:20 PM

I was a team member for many years on this project. I was very sad to hear about Dave's passing. I know that it hit the team hard because he was a great leader for getting things going.

I remember CCR in the troll box on yobit years ago telling everyone about this great project that him and borzalom we're on their way to creating. Say what you want about Dave but he was passionate about what he believed in. He was never a scammer. I had numerous private conversations with him and I can swear to this community and everybody else that his intention was to build a great blockchain platform to rival the best out there.  

But he sure did hit the Yobit trollbox hard though didn't he. 😂😂 It was awesome to hear him destroy people....and hilarious. He was a born speaker and leader. You know he took about 2 hours out of his time to personally help me set up my two static nodes. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and I was probably irritating him to no end but he kept working with me and he kept explaining how this technology was going to be revolutionary. Say what you want about him but he believed it with all his heart. I was a part of the team for years and I saw the sweat and the work that went into everything that this team created. With no money raised except from the community. With no ICO.. and if you remember this was during the boom we probably could have held one and raised millions of dollars... Think about that for a second.

I haven't been involved in xby for a few months because of personal reasons but I am back in crypto 100%. I'm sad about the news of Dave and I hope wholeheartedly that this project will continue and reach its goals because it has some of the most talented people I have ever met in my life behind it.

Stay strong guys!

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
Ganjamouse

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 05:34:09 AM

With no money raised except from the community. With no ICO.. and if you remember this was during the boom we probably could have held one and raised millions of dollars... Think about that for a second.

Hard to not think about this, you've been reminding us of that in every post, like nothing else mattered, like the fact that this coin was supposed to be N°1 in 2019, then 2020.
Martin958

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 04:17:23 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2021, 05:50:36 PM by Martin958

REWARD FOR THE ARREST OF CRYPTO THIEVES AND THE RETURN OF ASSETS

HALF OF THE FOLLOWING AMOUNTS WILL BE AWARDED IF RECOVERED

4.912 BTC

23.02922 LTC

4109.871231 XRP

Please note: this is what was stolen. If a different amount, or different cryptos are recovered it must be divided exactly half each in those amounts and in whichever currencies are seized by the Police.

On the evening of Tuesday 23rd January, 2018 I had my Cryptopia exchange hacked and 185,310.3 XBY were traded into 4.912 BTC on my account before removal. My Bitstamp and Kraken accounts also had crypto removed.

4.912 BTC was removed from Cryptopia

4109.871231 XRP was removed from Bitstamp

21.9022 LTC was removed from Bitstamp

1.12 LTC was removed from Kraken

Whoever stole my crypto probably saw the original reward message I posted in 2018, which I have decided to remove since the crypto addresses for the return of the stolen funds are no longer valid.

They also took the time to hack my Bitcointalk account, which I have now recovered. They then used a Bitcoin Signed Message to authorise a new email address which has been removed from my profile along with their BTC signing address. They were obviously scared enough that someone in the XBY community knows who they are and may decide to point them out. It seems they wanted to prevent the risk of anyone from contacting me here.

The "potential" reward if recovered - which is half (not including Tx fees or other costs) is:

2.456 BTC

11.51461 LTC

2054.9356155 XRP

This is all presuming that BTC is recovered and not XBY, since that (BTC) is what they finally removed from my account.
I can only offer exactly half of what is regained in ANY crypto currency that is seized and no additional or personal costs can be included.

I have a case running with the UK Metropolitan Police Cyber Crime Unit and have passed on details of all the thefts.
If you know who these people are and can identify them, I am willing to sign into an agreement with the Police that you will be entitled to exactly half of the sums recovered for your part in the crypto recovery and the arrest of these individuals.

If you feel confident in knowing who these people are and can prove their actions through conversations (screenshots or any of other kind of proof) then send me a message here and we can discuss your reward, and also how to notify the Police. I will not share your identity and will keep ALL correspondence private between us and of course the Police. I would also like to state that if more than one parties comes forward with incriminating evidence, you will share the 2nd half of the recovered crypto between all of you who have been proven to help the Police. This should be clarified with the Police before any reward agreements are drawn up and/or signed.

Any information given that demands a recovered crypto reward must be verified by the Police as being helpful. That being said, it's first come first serve. If you feel your information would definitely lead to finding who they are, I would come forward with it now before anyone else tries to, and you end up possibly sharing rewards. The sooner we can catch them, the sooner we can decide which information lead to their arrest, and therefore work out any agreements. No rewards can be given for information that does not lead to any crypto recovery.

I would also like to point that if these individual(s) are caught and it becomes apparent in some evidence that you were someone encouraging their behaviour, then I would also seek to press charges against you as well. Regardless of whether you were shared any crypto or not. Screenshots and various logs can lead to guilt by association. If you are such a person, then I encourage you to come forward with what you know. I am willing to waive any charges against people who encouraged this act that then come forward with evidence of who is guilty.

Any FREE information would also be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your help, and to sharing whatever is recovered.

Regards

Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 08:57:29 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2021, 10:15:33 AM by Martin958

I remember you telling me about this in the Discord about 2 years ago. Sorry that you haven't had any luck getting your money back.

Hi DJC, effectively I managed to catch them myself very easily. I simply put the IP address they used into various trackers you can use online and they returned 'Privax Ltd' which owns 'Hidemyass' VPN.

I had the date and time logs from my email account from when it was hacked, and asked Microsoft for approved official logs of those logins. The Police then approached 'Hidemyass' and their login times and web address visits were matched to a customer account with my Microsoft logs. So at that point we had their names and whatever details were attached to their VPN, at the very least their original IP addresses.

Sadly the Police messed it up. After some research, I warned them that 'Hidemyass' could delete all customer data details after 3 months. They assured me the VPN company would keep all the details so it wasn't an issue. Then of course they just deleted the details after the 3 months were up along with all their other customers as is normal procedure. The reason being, the Police failed to get something called a 'single point of contact'. So despite assurances that they would keep the customers details, without the single point of contact they were entitled to delete them. So they did. Less bad press for them I suppose.

So their VPN lived up to their name.

I managed to catch some IP addresses on my email account trying to break in which the Police have followed up on, so the investigations continue.

They don't seem to be particularly good hackers. I just made it insanely easy for them, and they were extremely lucky not to be caught.

My main hope lies for now on anyone who knows them stepping forward and taking a legit half share of what was stolen.

Fallenkeith75

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

Hi Crypto Friends :)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2021, 08:00:02 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2021, 08:17:36 PM by Fallenkeith75

Well hmm, the discord and telegram are read-only now and i'm just checking in on some old projects atm. Has there been any news about the coinswap or any news on the path forward for this project?

It seems like there aren't any active forums besides Reddit and this for the project and I can't find any information on the coinswap that was announced some months ago

Btw, I don't see a discord subchannel for the github, when I go to the discord, this is all I see

https://ibb.co/m81XHb3

Make sure to always backup your crypto seeds and passphrases friends

~If you see this signature, I hope you have a great day today!~
btcsnippers

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 06:21:47 PM

Is there any channel left for XBY community to talk or only here on bitcointalk ? i dont really see why it was needed to shutdown all communication channels.(telegram and Discord)
Ganjamouse

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 06:02:10 AM

Is there any channel left for XBY community to talk or only here on bitcointalk ? i dont really see why it was needed to shutdown all communication channels.(telegram and Discord)

Only fudders are banned contrary to what Ganjafudder says.

There is only a community channel until the main ones are re-opened after the seed funding round is completed.

Do you think there's need to FUD this project? It's FUD on its own lol
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 02:09:52 PM

Any update  ? is there any interest so far ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 12:21:14 PM

Anything new to share ?

sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 05:51:32 PM

Shutdown all chat and then just Go Dark No Updates Nothing ..  after 4 years of bullshit and delays .. seriously ?
Cant even be bothered to give any kind of update .. 

sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2021, 10:53:55 AM

so anything new to share ?

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: