Bitcoin Forum
January 20, 2021, 07:43:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.21.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Livecoin.net Scam  (Read 13045 times)
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1217

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 04:03:25 PM

LOL so they lost control of the power plug too... There are so many ways to shut the server off (e.g. DNS) but they choose to let the users get fucked. Livecoin at its best.
It really sounds fishy. Separating backend and frontend, ok, makes sense. But the whole "we only control those pixels which allow the warning box to be displayed" thing sounds weird. If they gave any fucks about their customers, they'd disable the frontend completely to at least prevent online traders (not sure if they have an API) from getting rekt.
From what they write, they cannot be certain if their data is still genuine, so there's no reason whatsoever to still keep this thing running… at least not if the situation is as they describe it.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malevolent
can into space
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1503

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 04:27:34 PM

I've never heard of Exmo or Altilly.  They must be very small exchanges with no security.  I'm so tired of this crap.  If you can't have proper protections in place so that your clientele can't lose everything to a hack, you've got no business running a crypto exchange.

Exmo's a small/medium sized exchange largely serving the CIS region. They are rumoured to have had some connections with BTC-e/WEX. They claim to have lost 6% of the users' funds and are supposed to eat the losses themselves. They are known for freezing funds and asking for sources of said funds, but that's not that unusual nowadays; I wouldn't put them in the same league in terms of scamming or bad governance as Livecoin.

The Pharmacist
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 3808

>>Proudly cycling merits for Team Foxpup<<

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 06:56:05 PM

LOL so they lost control of the power plug too... There are so many ways to shut the server off (e.g. DNS) but they choose to let the users get fucked.
Not being a tech geek, I don't really understand servers and those sorts of things--but Livecoin's stated reasons for them having problems didn't ring true in my ears nevertheless.  And I'll say it again: if your exchange has such shitty security that (apparent) hacks like this can happen, you probably shouldn't be running any sort of crypto exchange.  It's not like it's not common knowledge that hackers are probably trying to get into every single exchange out there, nor that these security breaches have happened many times in the past.

It really sounds fishy.
Of course it does.  I don't believe a word of what Livecoin is telling the public.  I seem to recall that Cryptsy pulled this same scam back in 2016 (or whenever it was that they ran away with all of their customers' funds). 

babo
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1984

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2020, 09:05:55 AM

hack or bug, perhaps users in this situation should be very cautious about using it
honestly it's what I would be very scared of (so scared)

even if it will not be anything to worry about, better be a little paranoid

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 09:56:48 AM

Update.

A few days ago, we can access the website and check all the prices of each coin in their exchange but have a red warning to not use any exchange! I tough they already taking back the website control.

And guess whats? after the livecoin website back to them, they got hacked again  ~LOL

Seem like the hacker was also asking for some money based on his message.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
Bitum

Activity: 1022
Merit: 254

https://keepcalm.finance/

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 03:51:45 PM

I tend that it is scam, I personally have no trust in this exchange, for which there have been strange incidents with this exchange before. Everything looks very suspicious, but that's my opinion.

The Pharmacist
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 03:57:27 PM
Merited by malevolent (1)

I tend that it is scam, I personally have no trust in this exchange, for which there have been strange incidents with this exchange before. Everything looks very suspicious, but that's my opinion.
Hell yes it looks suspicious.  I don't believe that image above with the extortion message one bit--this looks to me like Livecoin is trying to give the appearance of being under attack and under the thumbs of some hackers who are holding their website for ransom.  I'm not sure such a thing could happen, but it sounds ridiculous to me.  What it sounds like is an exit scam in the making, which is something that has definitely happened with other exchanges in the past.

Is their website not separate from all the coins they hold?  If so, they should be contacting all of their customers and offering to give them back their funds, assuming Livecoin still has access to them (which they should). 

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 6077

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2020, 04:33:27 PM
Merited by The Pharmacist (2)

Not really, it looks like a childish attempt to fake a hack after an exit scam.

If the hackers got the money - why would they extort Livecoin? If Livecoin controls the funds - why would they pay the hacker?

The Pharmacist
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 06:25:47 PM

That was my immediate impression upon seeing that screenshot above--very childish, and insulting to all the Livecoin customers who are no doubt wondering if they're going to be able to recover any of their funds.

If the hackers got the money - why would they extort Livecoin? If Livecoin controls the funds - why would they pay the hacker?
Logic uber alles, my dear suchmoon.  It made no sense to me for the reason I stated above, but you put into words an even better reason why this is a steaming load of bullshit on Livecoin's part.

ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 07:41:15 PM

If the hacked was inside jobs to be exit scam.

I not gonna surprise at all with some Russian exchange we all know there has some other Russian exchange "YOBIT" who scam as well. Even all of livecoin social media not longer active anymore since Februari 2020, make them the same as yobit who lack activity, not responding ticket support but kinda fast when some token/coin contact them to listing exchange process.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 07:49:08 PM

If it was a real message from a "Hacker" they would have never had to use the term "livecoin" as it is implicit in the location of the post who was being refereed to. By using that term the scammers have outed themselves.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1217

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:14:00 PM

Is their website not separate from all the coins they hold?  If so, they should be contacting all of their customers and offering to give them back their funds, assuming Livecoin still has access to them (which they should).  
It could make sense that an attacker would place a backdoor to ensure he can reenter the server. What doesn't make sense, though, is how Livecoin acts. If your computer / server is compromized, you completely reset it to make sure it's not compromized, anymore.
Assuming they have separate control over their software, it shouldn't be too much of an issue to setup their exchange on a clean server, and assuming they have all their data in a database (hence the name lol), they could even move on with their business using a recent, working state of their exchange.

Sure, a shitcoin exchange isn't a hosted Wordpress. But even if it's more complicated, it's absolutely crucial to take these steps. And they'd be fine.

So, as nothing they say seems to make much sense, I tend to also side with this:

If it was a real message from a "Hacker" they would have never had to use the term "livecoin" as it is implicit in the location of the post who was being refereed to. By using that term the scammers have outed themselves.
Not sure if that would hold in a court Grin

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
IconFirm

Activity: 1400
Merit: 567

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2020, 01:17:07 PM
Merited by The Pharmacist (2), malevolent (1)

This is a 100% exit scam thinly & crappily veiled as a hack. It was only a matter of time before this Russian exchange went full-on scam - I've been warning about it for a couple of years now.

As always, decentralised exchanges are the way & the future. The sooner the crypto community realises this the safer they will all be.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
breaktime

Activity: 267
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 12:06:02 AM

I have small coin locked in this exchange so Who can I contact now?
rat03gopoh

Activity: 863
Merit: 131

Indonesian Translator

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2021, 03:11:06 AM

It looks like Livecoins were wrong to have started this drama with a website hack and they just noticed. As you said, customer funds should be kept safe in their wallet and obliged to return and resolve some previous problems.
It's been over a week since the hack's announcement and it still has "2 days left" status. Only this time the hacker has been kind enough to give more time to compensate the ransom.

Unless Livecoins run out of ideas to start the next drama.LOL

꧁   List your crypto on the top 50 Exchanges  ꧂

═════ Contact me to get Listing.Help ═════
MI6

Activity: 1215
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 10:28:26 PM

If you have little money in this exchange then you have been lucky. There will also be people who may have a capital in there.
Then it will be sweating with the question whether you will still see your money back. Unfortunate there are to many scam sites.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀██▀▀███████▀▀██████████████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
█████    █████████  ██  ███████▄▄██████████████████ ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██ ██
████▌ ▐▌ ▐████▀  ▀  ██  ██▀  ██  ██  ▀   ▀██▀   ▀██ ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄▄██▄▄  ▄▄██ ██
████  ▀▀  ███  ▄█▄  ██  ▀  ▄███  ██  ▄██  ██  ▀█▄██ ██      ███     ████  ████ ██
███  ▄▄▄▄  ██  ▀█▀  ██  ▄▄  ▀██  ██  ███  ██▀█▄  ██ ██  ▀▀   ██  ▀▀▀████  ████ ██
██▌ ▄████▄ ▐██▄  ▄  ██  ███▄ ██  ██  ███  ██▄   ▄██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄████ ██
███████████████████████████████████████████████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..AdkinsBET.com..
RACEBOOK
████████████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████████
███████████████▀     ▄████▀█████
████████████▀▀██▄  ▄ ▀█▀    ▀███
████████▀                 ▄   ██
██▀██▀  ▄                ▄██████
██▄  ▄▄███▄   ▄         ████████
█████████████ ▀▀███▄  ▄▄ ▀██████
██████████████▄  ▀▀███ ██ ██████
████████████████▄ ▀█▄▄██▄███████
████████████████████████████████
.ESPORTS.
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████
██▀▄████████████████████▄▀██
██ ████  ██████████  ████ ██
██ ██      ██████  ██  ██ ██
██ ████  ████▄▄████  ████ ██
██ ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████ ██
███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
.VIRTUAL.
█████                  █████
███  ██████████████████  ███
█████                  █████
█████████████  █████████████
████████            ████████
aTriz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 674

My Altcointalks Username: atrizbtc

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 06:08:15 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2021, 06:18:17 AM by aTriz

so I saw that they've made a tweet in their twitter channel where they posted another website: http://livecoin.news to follow up their news and updates about the hack.

Tweet link: https://twitter.com/livecoin_net/status/1345628618786021377

first they claimed they were hacked from all the sides from months ago and they were not even able to inform the community that they are hacked and the exchange is out of their control. and now i see they do have control to their official twitter account. which is another proof that they were lying and faked this hack by themselves.

if they wanted there are a lot of ways to inform the users to stop using livecoin when they were hacked at beginning.

No one dude.. you are screwed along with thousands others.

Edit: They are running a bounty program. if you can tell them who is the hacker and where are the stolen funds you can earn that bounty. LOL

Quote from: Livecoin.News Link=http://livecoin.news
We decided to run the bounty program along with the investigation. We pay for information regarding the attack. If you have any useful information, which can help to return transferred funds and find breach or attacker, please feel free to contact us via e-mail: bounty@livecoin.news

Bounty size will be determined in each case individually and only for useful information which is new for us.
Join at your own risk

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
      ▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀
    ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄ ▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▀  ▀█ ▀▀▄ ▄▀
 ▀ ▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀ ▄ ▀▄
█ ▐▌  █  ▄▄▄   █ ▄ ▀▄
▀ ▀ ▌ █ ███ ▄ █  ▐▌▐▌
  █ ▌ █  ▀▀▀▀  █  ▐▌
  █ █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █ █
    █ █ █ ▐▌▐▌▐▌▐▌ ▀
    ▀ ▐▌ ▄ █ ▄ ▀ ▀
       ▀ ▀▄▐▌ ▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
fxpc

Activity: 1246
Merit: 412

KTO EC/\U HUKTO?

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 12:52:44 PM

You're right. Exit was scheduled from summer of 2019.
https://www.ibcbelize.com/tls-investments-inc-91/

Livecoin has no legal entity since July 4, 2019.
https://www.ibcbelize.com/oridium-limited-2-2-2-2-2-2/

thierry35800

Activity: 10
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 09:04:22 PM

Good morning all;
I am amazed to come across this topyc only now
I am a victim of Livecoin following its so-called hack on 12/24/2020!
I lost a lot, a lot ... about 1 Btc and my life is shattered ...
I know I won't get my money back, but these criminals are my new target and my only reason to continue.
I created a site to try to put a cactus in their pants.
Thanks for participating and helping each other and following up as much as you can.
http://livecoin-scam.e-monsite.com
Thierry
culuuton

Activity: 1540
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 01:08:53 PM

Good morning all;
I am amazed to come across this topyc only now
I am a victim of Livecoin following its so-called hack on 12/24/2020!
I lost a lot, a lot ... about 1 Btc and my life is shattered ...
I know I won't get my money back, but these criminals are my new target and my only reason to continue.
I created a site to try to put a cactus in their pants.
Thanks for participating and helping each other and following up as much as you can.
http://livecoin-scam.e-monsite.com
Thierry
1 BTC is too much, a large amount of money stored on an exchange is very dangerous. Not a lot of positive signals from their social media but hopefully you still have a chance to get your money back.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: