Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:35:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation  (Read 271591 times)
burstceo

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:58:16 PM

selling now at 0.00001 - not good  Angry

SmartHost - Intelligent Hosting
http://www.smarthost.net/?ims=bitcointalk
equalizer

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:02:39 PM

^^^ I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but that's just more of the same. Worse, nobody has commented on both our actual questions.

Someone has been dumping heaps and heaps of Hiro at low low prices (~1300 sat) over the past few days. No miner would do that, it's a big loss. Who could possibly afford to do that? Considering what we know about the instamine, this makes me nervous that someone's been cashing in.

95% of coins have gone down like Hiro has recently... and never returned. This makes me very nervous.

I want to believe but I'm losing reason to. I can see very little marketing of this coin, very little work being done compared to other coins, just the occasional post advising it's being made "more secure". Security won't be a problem if its worth nothing, which is what will happen if this coin doesn't get marketed properly.

+1

Anyone responding to miner/investor concerns by telling us to go invest in retirement funds because we can't handle the heat isn't contributing to this discourse and is completely missing the point. We're not bashing hiro fans, hirocoins, or altcoins; as people invested in Hirocoin, making disparaging comments for no reason does us no good, right? We are trying to convey to the Hiro Team that there is a lack of substance, or perhaps the perception of substance when it comes to Hirocoin as of late, and this is causing heaps of FUD (not surprising in the altcoin world), a lot of dumping at low prices (surprising to those of us who currently mine and analyze what it costs to mine Hirocoin), and not enough activity and fight from the Hiro Team as prices plummet and doubters' voices get louder (surprisingly disappointing after such a strong start).

In another thread, I got a response from a Hiro Team Member that I was being too dramatic. Hirocoin needs some drama now. I don't mean only through negative feedback and doubts and a lot of people calling each other names. I'm referring to something greater than someone comparing Hirocoin to Litecoin in one comment several days ago, something greater than the X11 algorithm alone and keeping our houses cool in the summer (great for miners but investors don't seem to care much about this benefit), something greater than the hype of a new-ish coin that initially sounded smart and well thought out. That's how Hiro gained its early legions of fans (and not just hoppers), but it's not enough to keep us through these considerable low-priced dumps we're witnessing day after day with no good explanation. And by the way, many of us are not looking for mini pumps to feel better about Hirocoin, though I'm sure that would do the trick for some; we are looking for progress, interactions, activity, volume, and differentiators to keep us committed to Hirocoin. Demonstrate to us why we should stick around - that is the Hiro Team's responsibility.

To tell us that the altcoin world has a short attention span is a weak reason for why Hirocoin has been on a quiet downward spiral for so many days. This 'short attention span' reality is true for all altcoins, and the ones that bubble to the top and remain there are the ones with an active, intelligent community here, on twitter, on the exchanges...pretty much everywhere you look, actively discussing why their coin deserves serious attention. Hiro came out strong with X11, but after the first big boost from premiering on Mintpal, it quietly folded up like a sad soufflé in a cupboard. What a missed opportunity there. And now after so many days of nothing new, or perhaps more importantly, nothing substantial, those missed opportunities to leverage the initial excitement seem like unrecoverable mistakes. People are actually asking - is Hirocoin dead? If that is far from the truth, the Hiro Team needs to do a better job at proving the doubters wrong. This isn't a movie theater - silence is not golden.

If Hiro is truly about being transparent to its community, I'd like to see a clear response to the accusation that a small group of miners/developers may have their hands on some optimized code for mining Hiro/x11 coins faster/easier than the rest of us (and a future patch to be handed out to the community once this accusation proves too difficult to slip under the rug). While this may sound like a goofy conspiracy theory, these cheap dumps are forcing us to take pause and ask - could this be true? If regular miners like me cannot possibly sell for what Hirocoins have been going for, who can and how? We know that the hoppers have likely all sold when the prices were higher and moved onto other coins during the first week - so this current reality requires some explanation by the Hiro Team. Be it Instamine, special x11 secret code sauce used by a select few, or perhaps (and hopefully) a less menacing reason...please, we're all ears. Because if the Hiro Team doesn't have a reasonable explanation for what we're witnessing on the exchanges, we're all in trouble.

And do consider that to many, X11 alone is no longer compelling - it was a good start for Hiro, that's all. With DRK and other newer coins taking the X11 route, what makes Hiro different or better beyond the algo? The marketing of this information has been lacking by the Hiro Team, eh? Because true or not, right now it feels like all Hiro has is the X11 label, and that's just not enough - hasn't been enough for a while now.

To the Hiro Team - if we're wrong about any of this, do prove us wrong and put us in our place through action. It's time to stop talking and start doing, yeah? You may have had great intentions for the coin initially, but the problem you need to solve now is your execution.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 07:16:36 PM

To the Hiro Team - if we're wrong about any of this, do prove us wrong and put us in our place through action. It's time to stop talking and start doing, yeah? You may have had great intentions for the coin initially, but the problem you need to solve now is your execution.

Like I said, I'll respond in a few hours Smiley
I'm at work in the hospital, life or death situation etc.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
rudius

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:28:04 PM

^^^ I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but that's just more of the same. Worse, nobody has commented on both our actual questions.

Someone has been dumping heaps and heaps of Hiro at low low prices (~1300 sat) over the past few days. No miner would do that, it's a big loss. Who could possibly afford to do that? Considering what we know about the instamine, this makes me nervous that someone's been cashing in.

95% of coins have gone down like Hiro has recently... and never returned. This makes me very nervous.

I want to believe but I'm losing reason to. I can see very little marketing of this coin, very little work being done compared to other coins, just the occasional post advising it's being made "more secure". Security won't be a problem if its worth nothing, which is what will happen if this coin doesn't get marketed properly.

+1

Anyone responding to miner/investor concerns by telling us to go invest in retirement funds because we can't handle the heat isn't contributing to this discourse and is completely missing the point.

In another thread, I got a response from a Hiro Team Member that I was being too dramatic. Hirocoin needs some drama now. I don't mean only through negative feedback and doubts and a lot of people calling each other names. I'm referring to something greater than someone comparing Hirocoin to Litecoin in one comment several days ago, something greater than the X11 algorithm alone and keeping our houses cool in the summer (great for miners but investors don't seem to care much about this benefit),

You made several good points. There is a lot of complaining because the price is down. Almost every coins has been going down and so what? So the team is responsible? They seem to be working to develop this coin, is that proof of them working that you need? I m missing no point as an investor AND as a miner i don t have any problems with this price. I m currently holding my coins and buying some more at 1000 sat.

About the summer, you are missing the point that miners will switch to go mining X11 coins and increasing the difficulty. Each coins will be more difficult to generate and they will hold waiting for the price to rise to the proper level to be profitable. That s the whole point of Hiro s article on reddit. People understood and X11 got some hype and they forget. The price is low, at a good level to buy.

I m surely prefer that they work now, develop some great stuf that will be ready for the summer when the difficulty will rise. Because I m not sure that less inflation will make the coin rise by itself.

I will let them answer. Complaining to the team that the price is down is really not helping.
The only thing i have to know is why Hiro didnt answer to the people telling that X11 is not worth the hype it gained. And surely, if they are some optimized miners elsewhere ( but i m convinced that is just FUD)

equalizer

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:53:51 PM

+1

Anyone responding to miner/investor concerns by telling us to go invest in retirement funds because we can't handle the heat isn't contributing to this discourse and is completely missing the point.

In another thread, I got a response from a Hiro Team Member that I was being too dramatic. Hirocoin needs some drama now. I don't mean only through negative feedback and doubts and a lot of people calling each other names. I'm referring to something greater than someone comparing Hirocoin to Litecoin in one comment several days ago, something greater than the X11 algorithm alone and keeping our houses cool in the summer (great for miners but investors don't seem to care much about this benefit),

You made several good points. There is a lot of complaining because the price is down. Almost every coins has been going down and so what? So the team is responsible? They seem to be working to develop this coin, is that proof of them working that you need? I m missing no point as an investor AND as a miner i don t have any problems with this price. I m currently holding my coins and buying some more at 1000 sat.

About the summer, you are missing the point that miners will switch to go mining X11 coins and increasing the difficulty. Each coins will be more difficult to generate and they will hold waiting for the price to rise to the proper level to be profitable. That s the whole point of Hiro s article on reddit. People understood and X11 got some hype and they forget. The price is low, at a good level to buy.

I m surely prefer that they work now, develop some great stuf that will be ready for the summer when the difficulty will rise. Because I m not sure that less inflation will make the coin rise by itself.

I will let them answer. Complaining to the team that the price is down is really not helping.
The only thing i have to know is why Hiro didnt answer to the people telling that X11 is not worth the hype it gained. And surely, if they are some optimized miners elsewhere ( but i m convinced that is just FUD)

I agree with you - the team isn't directly responsible for the price of the coin today, but indirectly responsible? Absolutely. There's been an absence of buzz, marketing activity, investor engagement, generating a strong forward momentum through demonstrating progress - I realize that all of this is relative to each person's expectations going in, but I highly doubt I'm the only person who feels a general lack of substance from the Hiro Team for quite some time now (marketing or otherwise). Look at EMC2 and MYR. Call it real or hype, tell me it's not comparing apples to apples, but at the end of the day, there are extremely vocal people backing these coins, reminding folks why they should pay attention to them, sharing what they're up to and why, and reassuring current miners/investors that they can count on the coins' larger teams to maintain the perception of the coin's good health and ongoing progress. This is critical for a newer coin - we all know this. There needs to be a balance of spreadable, marketable activity in addition to the big back-pocket news that's being held back, waiting for the perfect timing. It should never get to a point where someone asks the question - Is Hirocoin dead? That should have been a huge red flag to the Hiro team that something has gone terribly wrong, even if they had the best of intentions all along. You can call it FUD or disruptive noise, but there are plenty of coins out there, older and newer, where people don't have any cause to ask that question.

RE: the summer and the value of mining X11 coins.

You are likely right about this, but wouldn't this logic apply to all X11 coins? What makes Hiro stand out and why should people choose Hiro over other X11 coins? Again, establishing differentiation has to be both real (sound development) and perceived (marketing).

RE: I will let them answer. Complaining to the team that the price is down is really not helping.

Yes, I also would like the team to answer these concerns. I think that's all people like me are wanting at this point - transparency and thoroughness. We hope the team doesn't selectively answer, but rather, take the time to address *all* of the concerns raised over the past few days.

And I want to make the distinction that the concerns raised aren't only about the price. The price today is the result of the marketing inactivity and lack of engagement. This is what we're trying to bring to the foreground. The Hiro team may be a group of incredible developers with a good plan in mind, but it's evident they need people focused on the marketing/communications side of things. It's a mistake to think the coin is solid as-is and that this should be good enough for a while - we know how quickly things move and change in the altcoin world, and Hiro needs to hustle and keep up the pace. The coins above the fold (regardless of vintage) are the coins that are constantly pushing, evangelizing the 'good things to come' news bursts, and regularly and consistently getting people to drink their Koolaide. To think that Hiro is above that or is so great as-is that it doesn't need that - that's a very big mistake and will cost everyone a lot of time, effort, and money.

It's easy to come on here and blame the coin for everything that's gone wrong, so I'll step up and offer my assistance. I'm invested in Hiro and would only benefit to see it succeed, so to the Hiro Team - whenever you're ready, put me to work. I'll be happy to spread the news on your behalf and brew up some curiosity and excitement. And I'm certain I'm not alone in wanting to help Hirocoin kick some righteous butt. But in the meantime, we need answers to our questions. We need to know why it's worth sticking around. Convince us, and you can be sure we'll go out there and convince others.

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:05:01 PM

The reason for the price decline is simple, Hiro is WAY overvalued as I pointed out earlier. Take a coin like EMC2, which as I originally posted less than a week ago was at 300 and is now on MintPal trading around 900 with 300M coins, half the Hiro total that was trading at twice the 1200 sat it's at now. EMC2 was launched fairly without a huge insta-mine to be dumped and an active community that funds scientific research. A much better cause than lining the pockets of early Hiro adopters just because they were able to accumulate an obscene amount of coins through the artificially low diff.
rudius

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:12:43 PM

I agree with you - the team isn't directly responsible for the price of the coin today, but indirectly responsible? Absolutely. There's been an absence of buzz, marketing activity, investor engagement, generating a strong forward momentum through demonstrating progress - I realize that all of this is relative to each person's expectations going in, but I highly doubt I'm the only person who feels a general lack of substance from the Hiro Team for quite some time now (marketing or otherwise). Look at EMC2 and MYR. Call it real or hype, tell me it's not comparing apples to apples, but at the end of the day, there are extremely vocal people backing these coins, reminding folks why they should pay attention to them, sharing what they're up to and why, and reassuring current miners/investors that they can count on the coins' larger teams to maintain the perception of the coin's good health and ongoing progress. This is critical for a newer coin - we all know this. There needs to be a balance of spreadable, marketable activity in addition to the big back-pocket news that's being held back, waiting for the perfect timing. It should never get to a point where someone asks the question - Is Hirocoin dead? That should have been a huge red flag to the Hiro team that something has gone terribly wrong, even if they had the best of intentions all along. You can call it FUD or disruptive noise, but there are plenty of coins out there, older and newer, where people don't have any cause to ask that question.

RE: the summer and the value of mining X11 coins.

You are likely right about this, but wouldn't this logic apply to all X11 coins? What makes Hiro stand out and why should people choose Hiro over other X11 coins? Again, establishing differentiation has to be both real (sound development) and perceived (marketing).

RE: I will let them answer. Complaining to the team that the price is down is really not helping.

Yes, I also would like the team to answer these concerns. I think that's all people like me are wanting at this point - transparency and thoroughness. We hope the team doesn't selectively answer, but rather, take the time to address *all* of the concerns raised over the past few days.

And I want to make the distinction that the concerns raised aren't only about the price. The price today is the result of the marketing inactivity and lack of engagement. This is what we're trying to bring to the foreground. The Hiro team may be a group of incredible developers with a good plan in mind, but it's evident they need people focused on the marketing/communications side of things. It's a mistake to think the coin is solid as-is and that this should be good enough for a while - we know how quickly things move and change in the altcoin world, and Hiro needs to hustle and keep up the pace. The coins above the fold (regardless of vintage) are the coins that are constantly pushing, evangelizing the 'good things to come' news bursts, and regularly and consistently getting people to drink their Koolaide. To think that Hiro is above that or is so great as-is that it doesn't need that - that's a very big mistake and will cost everyone a lot of time, effort, and money.

It's easy to come on here and blame the coin for everything that's gone wrong, so I'll step up and offer my assistance. I'm invested in Hiro and would only benefit to see it succeed, so to the Hiro Team - whenever you're ready, put me to work. I'll be happy to spread the news on your behalf and brew up some curiosity and excitement. And I'm certain I'm not alone in wanting to help Hirocoin kick some righteous butt. But in the meantime, we need answers to our questions. We need to know why it's worth sticking around. Convince us, and you can be sure we'll go out there and convince others.

I agree with you. Like you said things are moving really fast here. To go up or down. Just 10 days since the pump. I m not worrying because 10 days isn t so much and they have their life going on, like ours. I sincerely hope that they don t think that all is won because of the strong start.

For X11 and the summer you are absolutely right. The main point was for X11. At the time, there was just DRK and HIRO. I m sure many more will emerged sooner. Let see what they have to say about that. It s helping when the only concern is not that the price is falling and miners cannot dump the coins on a daily basis...
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:47:48 PM

I agree with you. Like you said things are moving really fast here. To go up or down. Just 10 days since the pump. I m not worrying because 10 days isn t so much and they have their life going on, like ours. I sincerely hope that they don t think that all is won because of the strong start.

For X11 and the summer you are absolutely right. The main point was for X11. At the time, there was just DRK and HIRO. I m sure many more will emerged sooner. Let see what they have to say about that. It s helping when the only concern is not that the price is falling and miners cannot dump the coins on a daily basis...

Don't worry, HiroS and the rest of the development team have been working hard to improve the coin. I just built and installed a block explorer for them, and the new client with Nite69's KGW fix (being referred to as NGW) is now ready for download on the main site.

We're all going to be working hard towards a great future for the coin, and anything anybody can contribute is hugely helpful!

There seems to have been huge demand for a mining calculator, so I'm in the process of building one which will be prominently displayed on the main site. We're very focussed on making sure that the main site is your one-stop-shop for all Hirocoin information, software and needs. Come join us on the forums and make any suggestions you have - you guys are also a huge part of the driving force behind this coin, so we really want to hear what you guys would love to see in the coin. Our dev team is growing, and we're in a place where the future can really be bright if we all work together. I'm not meaning to pump the coin unnecessarily here at all, because we really don't want to turn into yet another pump/dumpcoin.

If you love HIRO, and see as bright a future as we do, please get involved. It's easy to miss posts when everything's here on the bitcoin talk thread sometimes, so by all means come shout us over on the main site to get even more closely involved in our future!
HiroS (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 09:57:03 PM

Security Update - 0.8.6.1

We have now verified that Nite's Gravity Well is the best available solution for the time warp vulnerability discovered in the Kimoto Gravity Well. Whenever improved security is available we will incorporate that into our client to make sure that no other crypto currency is more secure than Hirocoin. We put security first to protect all users of our crypto currency. We aim to be the first choice of coin in X11 for miners, merchants and users.

To update please download and run the installer from the download page on the Hirocoin website here. The Mac and link to the GitHub source are also available from the same download page. You must update by block number 55,959 which is roughly on Monday 14th April.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
dstorm

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:26:23 PM

hiro.altmine.net P2Pool

* Updated to latest wallet.
* Dedicated servers in Europe with DDoS protection.
* No user account required.
* Instant payouts when blocks are found.
* 1% fee.

altmine.net p2pools - Follow me on Twitter for latest updates @altminenet
124C41

Activity: 308

EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE IS REAL

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:31:44 PM

You see guys....
The devs are hard work making the coin better and more secure.
Now stop your whining.

Security Update - 0.8.6.1

We have now verified that Nite's Gravity Well is the best available solution for the time warp vulnerability discovered in the Kimoto Gravity Well. Whenever improved security is available we will incorporate that into our client to make sure that no other crypto currency is more secure than Hirocoin. We put security first to protect all users of our crypto currency. We aim to be the first choice of coin in X11 for miners, merchants and users.

To update please download and run the installer from the download page on the Hirocoin website here. The Mac and link to the GitHub source are also available from the same download page. You must update by block number 55,959 which is roughly on Monday 14th April.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right.
BTC: 1Ex3zmaHoqbMBUWQVcG7kdTCktyng7Ld9M LTC: Lhrp8G9EjoyKCqKAmtuprUcV9KvqZQKAfk
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM

To tell us that the altcoin world has a short attention span is a weak reason for why Hirocoin has been on a quiet downward spiral for so many
And do consider that to many, X11 alone is no longer compelling - it was a good start for Hiro, that's all. With DRK and other newer coins taking the X11 route, what makes Hiro different or better beyond the algo? The marketing of this information has been lacking by the Hiro Team, eh? Because true or not, right now it feels like all Hiro has is the X11 label, and that's just not enough - hasn't been enough for a while now.

Not to bash anyone, but X11 came first with darkcoin, and later appeared with other altcoins

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
equalizer

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:53:21 PM

To tell us that the altcoin world has a short attention span is a weak reason for why Hirocoin has been on a quiet downward spiral for so many

Not to bash anyone, but X11 came first with darkcoin, and later appeared with other altcoins

That was poor sentence phrasing on my part. Yes, of course DRK came first, and when Hiro came onto the scene it was #2, and now there are newer coins taking on X11 (newer than Hiro).
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:21:25 PM

That was poor sentence phrasing on my part. Yes, of course DRK came first, and when Hiro came onto the scene it was #2, and now there are newer coins taking on X11 (newer than Hiro).

Chain coin is technically number 2, they did change the order of the hashes but they are exactly the same, since i was able to fix the miner from darkcoin to mine chaincoins, by moving the call for 1 algo 2 steps up..

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
equalizer

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:25:25 PM

It's strange to me that our questions continue to get ignored. It's great to hear about dev enhancements, really really happy about that. But can someone directly address the questions raised during the last 24 hours? It would go a long way in terms of keeping the faith, assuming this matters to you.

And to those who call people like us whiners for raising concerns...couldn't be happier for you that you're satisfied with the information you've been getting. That does not mean, however, that everyone else should blindly follow. Whether it's here or on the Hiro forum, the Hiro Team should invite regular sniff tests by its community since they can't be everywhere all of the time nor can they put themselves in our shoes. They should value our insights since we might be able to open their eyes to dangers or sentiments they hadn't realized or considered. A strong team wants the community to pipe up when something doesn't smell right, because they will want to appropriately, comprehensively, and publicly address it and improve upon it. Telling us to keep quiet or not answering our questions only raises greater suspicions.

And if our questions or concerns are silly or stupid to you, or they've already been properly addressed and we're simply being difficult and obtuse, then heck, it shouldn't take any time at all to answer them, shut us up, and move on, right?

equalizer

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:47:25 PM

Chain coin is technically number 2, they did change the order of the hashes but they are exactly the same, since i was able to fix the miner from darkcoin to mine chaincoins, by moving the call for 1 algo 2 steps up..

Okay okay, can we get past who's on first or what's on second and just agree that the point all along was that Hiro isn't the only X11 coin? All good?
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 11:56:11 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 12:35:25 AM by Joerii

First of all thanks to all of you for taking the time to ask all these questions. I know you all have invested money and time in Hirocoin, as well as the cost of opportunity (  you've chosen to follow this coin instead of others ! ) and we really appreciate that. As well as your continued support. You're an awesome community.

I didn't answer all questions because I think my answers cover all of the important ones. Please ask again if you feel I missed something.

Ok, please be a bit more clear then. What are your two questions ?

Apologies, I tend to ramble on a bit...  Grin

1) Apart from a possible  security improvement you mentioned, what else are the team doing to improve the coin?
Eg. Why is it not on Cryptsy? I'm not seeing very much public activity at all. Someone actually posted "so is this coin dead?" today!

2) Why should we have faith that this recent downturn won't continue, like it has for 95% of all other altcoins? I'm aware of the strategy (to wait for ASICs to come) but... well I'm just not sure if that's a genuine plan. Any other coin could come along with X11 in the meantime, add something which differentiates it, add a good marketing strategy, and wham! No more Hiro.

In general I'm just saying that more needs to be done for me, personally, to keep believing in this coin. I'm sure its the same for many.

1 Our main objective right now is threefold.

• To spread the word that Hirocoin is the new home for GPU miners. Since all of you are probably sick of me saying that by now, I think marketing that has been pretty effective. Wink
  • To make Hirocoin the most secure coin possible. The recent addition of NGW is a prime example of this. NGW is cutting edge, it makes does a great job in lessening a major vulnerability in KGW. Nite's fix limits the most extreme changes in diffulty by a time warp attack possible. Here's how : What an attacker can do is generate a series of blocks with future time stamps with very little spacing between them. By doing so, the attacker can pump up difficulty by a massive ammount. This fix sets a minimum for the space between these spammed blocks of 1 second where in the past it could have been 0. Further measures are debated as we speak
  • To build a solid foundation to grow from. We have hired an external coder to develop an Android wallet, and both Hiro and N00bnoxious are working on strengthening Hirocoin infrastructure. We have a policy of not revealing what we are working on until it's clear that it will be of high quality and comforms to our standards of safety. We have an outstanding bounty for an Nvidia miner as well, and will start other projects soon after these are completed.

When we are ready we're going to launch a serious campaign to go for merchant adoption and encourage useage for the general public.

1.1 We're fine with the exchanges we have now. Our top two exchanges, Poloniex and Mintpal, are wel run and have good volume. Since I don't want to say anything bad about Cryptsy, I'll leave it at that.

1.2 Your not seeing much activity, but it sure is active in the team. We were working on doing a lot of testing on NGW, and I'm recruiting new team members, talking to coders, etc. Like I said, we don't believe in making big promises or pumping. This coin will gain popularity because of it's own merits, not empty promises. We'll post news when we have it Wink No websites with timers on the front page or, god forbid, price forecasts.

1.3 Someone posted "Is this coin dead" ! Maybe you should take a quick look in the speculation forum in the main bitcoin board. People panic. Most of us are addicted to incredible % gains on a daily basis, but this is simply not sustainable in a downtrending market.

2 "Why should we have faith that this recent downturn won't continue, like it has for 95% of all other altcoins?" I'm not telling you you should have faith. We can not and will not make predictions like this. All we can do without lying to you is promise to work on our objectives every spare moment of free time we have. And I promise you this. Ask my wife. PM me for her email adres Wink

2.1 Yes, other X11 coins will come. No offence to any X11 devs who read this, but I expect the majority of them to be rubbish. Why ? Well, just look at 90% of Scrypt coins being launched. They are either amateur copy/paste coins with a meme or gimmick slapped on, or they are blatant scams that burn brightly and fade away in a matter of days. We are part of a select group of dev teams in the altcoin scene that really want to build something awesome, something lasting. The community at large will see we are serious when we keep working our buts of even in times where our coin loses market cap. We're not going to disappear and launch a new coin.
These objectives have to be completed when all Scrypt GPU miners are banished and come looking for a new home.

2.2 Something more needs to be done for you to keep believing in this coin ? Then I have to ask you, what is this belief based on ? The wishful thinking that your investment would multiply 100x overnight ? Or is it something more realistic, like slow but steady growth, possibly to become one of the top coins ? Tell me what this something is, that you need. Better yet, come to our forum at Hirocoin.org and brainstorm about it. We'd love to have you there.

ibfragalot, my man, I hope I answered all your questions there. I'm not being super formal here, I hope you don't mind the tone. I think being respectful often means : not talking down to someone and being direct !

Ok. Next up :

Equalizer. No matter what your intention, you raise points that other may only be thinking and not saying out loud, so I want to sincerely thank you.
I'll quote the questions and remarks I believe I didn't answer to yet in my reply to ibfragalot.

In another thread, I got a response from a Hiro Team Member that I was being too dramatic. Hirocoin needs some drama now.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume you mean pumping this coin. What kind of drama would you like to see ? What kind of awesome promotion do you have in mind ? Give me a nice proposal and if I like it I'd love to help you organize it.

....<snip> not enough activity and fight from the Hiro Team as prices plummet and doubters' voices get louder (surprisingly disappointing after such a strong start).

I think you are a bit confused about cause and effect in this case, with all due respect. Price is going down. True. Please take a look at the average first few weeks of 99% of altcoins, especially ones that have been launched in the last 4-5 weeks. Do you notice a similarity ? With very few notable examples, this is a what always happens there's an initial price spike because a coin is new and exciting. When the ADHD attention span of the herd of miners and investors kick in, they hungrily look for the next coin, and stop mining and sell of the "old" one. And that short cycle repeats.

This dumping is almost impossible avoid. It can be done reversed in two ways :

• A massive pump engineered by bagholders
  • Showing that the coin has actual value in some way

We are working very hard to accomplish the latter.

Hiro came out strong with X11, but after the first big boost from premiering on Mintpal, it quietly folded up like a sad soufflé in a cupboard.

Hahaha, nice metaphore  Grin

The thing is, there's only so much we can do. The community has to pick this up. Guess what, dear Equalizer, that means YOU. The fact all of you are in this thread probably means that you wish us the best and want to see Hirocoin succeed.

If this applies to you, please use your talent with words in a positive way ; write FOR Hirocoin, instead of letting Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt rule you.

If that is far from the truth, the Hiro Team needs to do a better job at proving the doubters wrong.

It doesn’t matter how many people don’t get it. What matters is how many people do.

If Hiro is truly about being transparent to its community, I'd like to see a clear response to the accusation that a small group of miners/developers may have their hands on some optimized code for mining Hiro/x11 coins faster/easier than the rest of us (and a future patch to be handed out to the community once this accusation proves too difficult to slip under the rug). While this may sound like a goofy conspiracy theory, these cheap dumps are forcing us to take pause and ask - could this be true?  

I believe this is a textbook example of FUD, spread by people who have considerable investment in coins that are threatened by X11. I have not seen ANY proof of this. Also, I've heard from highly skilled coders that optimizing the X11 miner would take weeks of work and you'd need to pay huge ammounts of BTC to the few coders who could actually pull this off. Until we see proof, it's pure speculation. Impossible to disprove, and unfair to the Hirocoin team responsible for.

The price today is the result of the marketing inactivity and lack of engagement.
Inactivity ? Lack of engagement ? Hirocoin has been launched for a little over two weeks, has a twitter account with 755 followers and an avarage of more then 4 tweets a day. We have a forum, a newsletter, a reddit and facebook page, and we've been active in this thread almost every day. I'm available by PM and Skype to whoever wants to talk to me.

How many coins are run by small teams who do that ?

Ha, I see that while I was typing many other replies have been posted. And I see Equalizer has offered his help. I can go to bed with a smile Smiley

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
ibfragalot

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:57:09 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 12:45:17 AM by ibfragalot

It's a good response, thanks. I will leave it at that.

Edit: OK, I will say that I'm convinced these guys are serious.

NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:43:55 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 01:00:31 AM by NutMasterTardd

+1

Also does anybody think 672m total supply is a bit too much?

GEO, RLC & QRL.
equalizer

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:59:24 AM

Me too. Appreciate the time you took to answer the questions.

I want to make a distinction here: Community members getting worried, frustrated, or confused and voicing their quandaries isn't the same things as spreading FUD. I think labeling anything less than positive as instant FUD is dangerous and unfair, because it's the equivalent of the notion, "you're either with us or you're against us." That doesn't work well in international diplomacy, and it certainly doesn't work in a close-knit community like this. I think when Hiro miners/investors get to a bad place and speak out, it's not with the intention of ruining the coin - that wouldn't do us any good. Our comments may not come out smelling like roses, but the intent is to challenge the Hiro Team for a candid dialog and some answers. It's all together possible (and even reasonable) that our requests may not be in line with what the team has in store, but then it's a matter of swiftly telling us what you *do* have in store and helping us make sense of what we're seeing out there. You did that in your detailed response, so again, thanks for putting forth the effort.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: