Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:20:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation  (Read 271586 times)
Scriptiee

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:31:02 PM

+1 and thank you. Dont let the hate get you down, in fact, should provide motivation to prove them wrong... and those that stuck with this can go to the bank laughing. Ive done that myself on a few coins already... plan on doing it again.

Hate? What hate? I don't think this word means what you think it means. There is no one hating here. We are raising valid points which are dismissed with half assed responses, bunch of buzzwords and fanboys like you.

We are looking for some engagement from the dev team, we dont want to be kept in dark on what is going on with the coin. We as a community can help raise awareness of the coin but we need something that will show us that our time will not be wasted in the end.

You should go to the darkcoin thread and see what happens there, entire community is engaged in the developement, the *only* dev is open and upfront and communicates/looks for feedback on a daily basis.

This is what is needed to make this coin remotely successful.

Then go mine something else. How hard is that to understand? All this time bi%ching about this coin you do, could be spent elsewhere then. Never invest more than you can afford to lose.

Are you for real?
Man come down from the moon. We have invested in this coin.

Anyway, what do you see in this coin that you want to be part of it?

To be perfectly honest with you I think we can safely ignore this guy, he has nothing of value to add to anything here. All he does is throws random statements that he has no idea what they mean.

Anyone with a bit of brain in this thread (which it seems is a rare thing) will agree that there is more communication required. I mean last 3 pages of this debate and the only thing we hear from the devs is about this multipool. *This does not matter, if you have no support, little to no community the multipool will not help*

Devs please to engage in the conversation, let us know what you have planned, if anything. If there is no engagement I think it is safe to assume you have abandoned developement of this coin and all you do is count on external circumstances to make it work... which is a crappy stance.
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:48:25 PM

+1 and thank you. Dont let the hate get you down, in fact, should provide motivation to prove them wrong... and those that stuck with this can go to the bank laughing. Ive done that myself on a few coins already... plan on doing it again.

Hate? What hate? I don't think this word means what you think it means. There is no one hating here. We are raising valid points which are dismissed with half assed responses, bunch of buzzwords and fanboys like you.

We are looking for some engagement from the dev team, we dont want to be kept in dark on what is going on with the coin. We as a community can help raise awareness of the coin but we need something that will show us that our time will not be wasted in the end.

You should go to the darkcoin thread and see what happens there, entire community is engaged in the developement, the *only* dev is open and upfront and communicates/looks for feedback on a daily basis.

Then go mine something else. How hard is that to understand? All this time bi%ching about this coin you do, could be spent elsewhere then. Never invest more than you can afford to lose.

Are you for real?

To be perfectly honest with you I think we can safely ignore this guy, he has nothing of value to add to anything here. All he does is throws random statements that he has no idea what they mean.

Anyone with a bit of brain in this thread (which it seems is a rare thing) will agree that there is more communication required. I mean last 3 pages of this debate and the only thing we hear from the devs is about this multipool. *This does not matter, if you have no support, little to no community the multipool will not help*

Devs please to engage in the conversation, let us know what you have planned, if anything. If there is no engagement I think it is safe to assume you have abandoned developement of this coin and all you do is count on external circumstances to make it work... which is a crappy stance.

Yeah, i m very disappointed too.

i guess this is the best comm we will have : "Thanks to everyone who's still supporting us - you're the guys who get it"

I really don t get it
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:02:07 PM

Are you for real?

Then dont invest more than you can afford to lose. Its like the morons crying about buying BTC at 1200. Either suck it up and accept the fact and hold with hope it goes up or cash out. Pounding the table being mad will do nothing to help the coin.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:08:29 PM

Are you for real?

Then dont invest more than you can afford to lose. Its like the morons crying about buying BTC at 1200. Either suck it up and accept the fact and hold with hope it goes up or cash out. Pounding the table being mad will do nothing to help the coin.

i think it is the coin and devs are helpless right now
rudius

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:14:47 PM

Are you for real?

What are you talking about? Say No to drugs! The only moron here is you.

Nobody is whining about the price. I m whining because the dev keep talking about big things coming and hard work, i m starting to have big doubts about that.
I cannot just switch coins as you are saying because i m here since the beginning, it s kind of hard for me to just say, "ok fuck off, i m out".

Anybody wanting to invest in a coin has the right to know in what he is investing. And i have to say, that is prety obscure by now.
Real_GM

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:18:45 PM

What I actually would really help is a market place to get things started.

I've been trying to look for secure platforms to use.

Even if the marketplace is not overtly active, we are pushing utilization of Hirocoin nonetheless.

HiroCoin: H9uXWhiYxeQ8MZTYeVFhth21LiZrWyNgpY
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:32:41 PM

Even if the marketplace is not overtly active, we are pushing utilization of Hirocoin nonetheless.

I think this is a fantastic idea. If people can use HIRO to purchase services or goods, that is an instant incentive to own them. If you need any help with this, we've got a broad range of experience within the team, so feel more than free to contact us if you'd like any input!
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:43:35 PM

Hi everyone.

First of all, I want to repeat some earlier statements because I think not everyone who has been posting in the last few pages is aware of them ;

- Hiro has handed of leadership of this coin's dev community to me about a month ago. He hasn't posted since then. He has been coding full time, at his dayjob and for Hirocoin in his free time. n00bsysop is the leader of the dev department who organizes and directs development efforts.

- We have a long term goal and short term objectives for Hirocoin on our forum. We NEVER promise vaporware, instead we openly brainstorm about future projects.

- We do not hold ourselves responsible for the market price of HIRO. Instead, we aim to reach above mentioned goals and objectives

- We won’t break the rules we set for ourselves ; no unethical adjustments to the coin for short term gains. I also talked about that in the latest newsletter

- Pump and dump ? We never pumped anything. This is in the communication guidelines I wrote for our team that every team member is REQUIRED to sign.

The recent posts about Hirocoin devs running away and not supporting Hirocoin anymore  is pure FUD. It’s either a misunderstanding of Hiro’s lack of posts or worse, willful FUD spreading.

We ARE listening to the community. The problem is ; we don’t get much from you guys, except vague ideas like “be more visible” “do stuff that makes miners come to this coin” “grow the community”  or things we strongly disagree with ( like changing the coin supply ).
Most things  that the unhappy posters are demanding now are unfair and unrealistic.
If you tell us we should attract miners to this coin, maybe you could be more specific, for example. How ?

I’ve contacted literally more than 60 people who were positive in this thread over the last few weeks, and about half of them said they would love to help. I have heard back from NONE of these people after that.

Why ? Because people have a short attention span in this scene. We underestimated how small the window of opportunity is to use the initial buzz. There are new coin launches daily and "new is always better".

The sad truth in the altcoin world is this : when a coin is appreciating in value, everyone loves you and wants to help. When price does not climb, people get impatient and start making demands, and when it falls for a while people panic and get angry.
Then they rationalize this anger by making all kinds of accusations. Complaining and spewing vitriol is so much easier than helping.

And all the time, we have simply done what we set out to do. And will continue to do so. We’re not abandoning Hirocoin and keep improving and building. We’ll post information on new developments when they are close to being finished, like we did with the Multipool. Notice how this is in line with the “no pump” rule.

I would like to ask for a positive contribution instead of all these “Im pissed off because I’m not making money” posts.
If you want to see Hirocoin succeed,  take some time and effort to contribute something useful .
If you hold Hirocoins and are angry and disappointed, perhaps it’s better if you don’t post at the moment. Venting anger and flaming people who do all the work does nobody any good. You are hurting your investment.  Ask yourself : what is my goal ?

For those who do still support us and continue to trust in our intentions to create an awesome coin, thank you so much ! We are real people and your comments make us feel appreciated.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:56:30 AM

FAREWELL HIRO COIN   Grin
bcajes

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:10:39 AM

Hi everyone.

First of all, I want to repeat some earlier statements because I think not everyone who has been posting in the last few pages is aware of them ;

- Hiro has handed of leadership of this coin's dev community to me about a month ago. He hasn't posted since then. He has been coding full time, at his dayjob and for Hirocoin in his free time. n00bsysop is the leader of the dev department who organizes and directs development efforts.

- We have a long term goal and short term objectives for Hirocoin on our forum. We NEVER promise vaporware, instead we openly brainstorm about future projects.

- We do not hold ourselves responsible for the market price of HIRO. Instead, we aim to reach above mentioned goals and objectives

- We won’t break the rules we set for ourselves ; no unethical adjustments to the coin for short term gains. I also talked about that in the latest newsletter

- Pump and dump ? We never pumped anything. This is in the communication guidelines I wrote for our team that every team member is REQUIRED to sign.

The recent posts about Hirocoin devs running away and not supporting Hirocoin anymore  is pure FUD. It’s either a misunderstanding of Hiro’s lack of posts or worse, willful FUD spreading.

We ARE listening to the community. The problem is ; we don’t get much from you guys, except vague ideas like “be more visible” “do stuff that makes miners come to this coin” “grow the community”  or things we strongly disagree with ( like changing the coin supply ).
Most things  that the unhappy posters are demanding now are unfair and unrealistic.
If you tell us we should attract miners to this coin, maybe you could be more specific, for example. How ?

I’ve contacted literally more than 60 people who were positive in this thread over the last few weeks, and about half of them said they would love to help. I have heard back from NONE of these people after that.

Why ? Because people have a short attention span in this scene. We underestimated how small the window of opportunity is to use the initial buzz. There are new coin launches daily and "new is always better".

The sad truth in the altcoin world is this : when a coin is appreciating in value, everyone loves you and wants to help. When price does not climb, people get impatient and start making demands, and when it falls for a while people panic and get angry.
Then they rationalize this anger by making all kinds of accusations. Complaining and spewing vitriol is so much easier than helping.

And all the time, we have simply done what we set out to do. And will continue to do so. We’re not abandoning Hirocoin and keep improving and building. We’ll post information on new developments when they are close to being finished, like we did with the Multipool. Notice how this is in line with the “no pump” rule.

I would like to ask for a positive contribution instead of all these “Im pissed off because I’m not making money” posts.
If you want to see Hirocoin succeed,  take some time and effort to contribute something useful .
If you hold Hirocoins and are angry and disappointed, perhaps it’s better if you don’t post at the moment. Venting anger and flaming people who do all the work does nobody any good. You are hurting your investment.  Ask yourself : what is my goal ?

For those who do still support us and continue to trust in our intentions to create an awesome coin, thank you so much ! We are real people and your comments make us feel appreciated.

+1
bcajes

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:24:59 AM

I can understand the frustrations coming from investors. An altcoin is like running a business. It needs investors to drive the value/price of the coin.

I myself have invested in this coin. I bought when it was 3000 SAT, bought more at 2000 SAT and more at 1500 SAT and even more at 800 SAT. I would love to buy more but I am running low on fiat.

It is indeed heartbreaking to see your "investment" loose value. I had the choice between DRK and HIRO then. I made the my decision at that time and that was my decision to make. The result of that decision and whatever result comes forward is MY Responsibility. Not the devs. I chose HIRO and I should be responsible for that decision.

I am not dumping my coins.

-=BELIEVE=-
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:13:57 AM

I can understand the frustrations coming from investors. An altcoin is like running a business. It needs investors to drive the value/price of the coin.

I myself have invested in this coin. I bought when it was 3000 SAT, bought more at 2000 SAT and more at 1500 SAT and even more at 800 SAT. I would love to buy more but I am running low on fiat.

It is indeed heartbreaking to see your "investment" loose value. I had the choice between DRK and HIRO then. I made the my decision at that time and that was my decision to make. The result of that decision and whatever result comes forward is MY Responsibility. Not the devs. I chose HIRO and I should be responsible for that decision.

I am not dumping my coins.

-=BELIEVE=-

actually. there is almost no room for dumping.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:59:38 AM

Are you for real?

What are you talking about? Say No to drugs! The only moron here is you.

Nobody is whining about the price. I m whining because the dev keep talking about big things coming and hard work, i m starting to have big doubts about that.
I cannot just switch coins as you are saying because i m here since the beginning, it s kind of hard for me to just say, "ok fuck off, i m out".

Anybody wanting to invest in a coin has the right to know in what he is investing. And i have to say, that is prety obscure by now.

Im the moron? Please. I understand the risks. You win on a few and lose on many more. Thats the way it works. Until you accept that fact your going to be driving yourself crazy.

If your going on what someone "promises" you are taking a heck of a risk. I advise you to never invest seeing how thinned skinned you are at losing money, and to be honest with you, cryptos are not for you.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
124C41

Activity: 308

EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE IS REAL

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:56:00 AM

I love how transparent and active the Hiro team members are.
I wish more coins were like Hiro.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right.
BTC: 1Ex3zmaHoqbMBUWQVcG7kdTCktyng7Ld9M LTC: Lhrp8G9EjoyKCqKAmtuprUcV9KvqZQKAfk
Terree Esguerra05

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:20:43 AM

Hopefully they implement a proper coin and not another clone.
mackj

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

The mysterious

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:24:59 AM

How the mortgage, not understand
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:30:03 AM

I just started a lottery with 3 prizes: 3K, 1.5K and 500 Hiro.

RT https://twitter.com/cryptorush/status/462484389650509824

Please follow this link and vote for Hirocoin with your Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr account (or all three).

1 DAYS LEFT! WE NEED YOU!

>>> https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/11196-hirocoin-next-gen-currency <<<

63 of 100 left, keep it up! Don't forget to tweet "Invite friends".

What is Thunderclap?
Thunderclap is the first crowd-speaking platform that helps people be heard by saying something together.

How does it work?
If you reach your supporter goal, Thunderclap will blast out a timed Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr post from all your supporters, creating a wave of attention.
zauberer

Activity: 74
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:54:19 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 08:48:40 PM by zauberer

Hello dear devs,

as far as you pursue your goals with the coin, you have my support.
Anyway, you want to make sure you pursue the right goals.

I think in the midterm the following 4 features would be really beneficial to HIROcoin:

1. multipool - HIRO has a whopping 672 million coins! That's a lot. I see your dedication to staying with original features of the coin and not decrease coin supply. But that's still a lot of coins, even for 3.2 years. So, we have to make the miners become holders of something valuable instead of becoming "dumping machines". Because mining rigs cost a bunch and people want to make ROI, pay electricity and then some. They will dump, IF they don't see long-term value. So, multipool is A MUST. Mining more will be buying HIRO more, thus price increase, thus more mining, thus more buying, hence higher price, more mining, more buying...see BlackCoin e.g.

2. implementing a DarkSend-like anonymizing transaction technology, used in conjunction with but separately from (can be switched off) the HIROcoin wallet. That is what increased the price of DarkCoin. One of the main reasons Bitcoin and its followers exist, is that they offer anonymous transactions, independent from banks, government and state structures. Later we found out it is NOT completely anonymous. There are very many people who insist on their privacy (not only from illegal channels) and this is a huge valuable feature of a coin offering this one. Good one for Darkcoin, let's see if we can implement something similar, and even better, that's right - an IMPROVEMENT over DarkSend - here by HIROcoin.

3. website. Your website is NOT bad. But not that good either. I have seen the websites of most coins. Too much text in your website, too little visuals. People like visuals. Videos and audios, color fonts and nice pics depicting features and ideas attract attention and make you look valuable in people's eyes.
All marketing materials should be impecable and stand out from all other coins. For the newcomer that talks: VALUE.
See 2 websites of other coins:
I. http://einsteinium.org/ - very nicely touched, great web design, made me want to invest in EMC2. It talked to me: The website is great, idea is great, the coin must also be great.

II. http://darkcoin.io/ - this website absolutely rocks! I remember the days it was just published, it was plain and unattractive. Now it has all there stuck tidily in different tabs, not all the info spitten in one place on the main page. It has a very nice forum with a few thousand posts. That's how you build a community. That's how you build value. Not in a bitcointalk thread.

III. https://alpha-t.net/ - that's not a coin, but an ASIC company. At first the site was a junk and there was not a forum. But behold - now the forum is very lively and
Something else - do you see how the main page resembles that of DarkCoin? Or vice versa. Anyway, it looks nice, it looks solid. It whispers: VALUE.

P.S. I know HIROcoin.org also has a forum but it is somehow unattractive and plain. I don't like reading there because of the font choice and visuals. Make it tougher-looking, serious and solid, please.

I like that you changed the logo of HIROcoin replacing that godzilla facia. It was simply not professional. And to grow the coin, people have to think of the coin as professional as possible.

Please also ask all mining pools and coinmarketcap and whatever other coin-related services to use the new logo which is GREAT - you have to change to the new image completely, everywhere. Godzilla is gone, now is the time for the new reborn HIROcoin.

4. additional services - payment processor, services accepting HIROcoin, services storing HIROcoin in return for some interest, etc.

I can contribut with points 1 and 3.

Just my 2 satoshis.

Best
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:14:38 PM

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'll reply in detail later.
We are aware our site needs a facelift, in fact a web dev is working on creating something much, much nicer.

I never considered the forum, thanks for that. You say a different font would be nice ? Which one do you think would be an improvement ?
I always love black with light grey letters, but remember it also has to suit the friendly and open image of Hirocoin.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
verdun2003

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:43:28 PM

Good to see some ideas and community building!

Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: