Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation  (Read 271584 times)
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:52:15 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 07:20:54 PM by rudius

+1 and thank you. Dont let the hate get you down, in fact, should provide motivation to prove them wrong... and those that stuck with this can go to the bank laughing. Ive done that myself on a few coins already... plan on doing it again.

Hate? What hate? I don't think this word means what you think it means. There is no one hating here. We are raising valid points which are dismissed with half assed responses, bunch of buzzwords and fanboys like you.

We are looking for some engagement from the dev team, we dont want to be kept in dark on what is going on with the coin. We as a community can help raise awareness of the coin but we need something that will show us that our time will not be wasted in the end.

You should go to the darkcoin thread and see what happens there, entire community is engaged in the developement, the *only* dev is open and upfront and communicates/looks for feedback on a daily basis.

This is what is needed to make this coin remotely successful.

Then go mine something else. How hard is that to understand? All this time bi%ching about this coin you do, could be spent elsewhere then. Never invest more than you can afford to lose.

Are you for real?
Man come down from the moon. We have invested in this coin.

Anyway, what do you see in this coin that you want to be part of it?

Then dont invest more than you can afford to lose. Its like the morons crying about buying BTC at 1200. Either suck it up and accept the fact and hold with hope it goes up or cash out. Pounding the table being mad will do nothing to help the coin.

What are you talking about? Say No to drugs! The only moron here is you.

Nobody is whining about the price. I m whining because the dev keep talking about big things coming and hard work, i m starting to have big doubts about that.
I cannot just switch coins as you are saying because i m here since the beginning, it s kind of hard for me to just say, "ok fuck off, i m out".

Anybody wanting to invest in a coin has the right to know in what he is investing. And i have to say, that is prety obscure by now.

Im the moron? Please. I understand the risks. You win on a few and lose on many more. Thats the way it works. Until you accept that fact your going to be driving yourself crazy.

If your going on what someone "promises" you are taking a heck of a risk. I advise you to never invest seeing how thinned skinned you are at losing money, and to be honest with you, cryptos are not for you.

Yes you are the moron. If you read my posts, you will see that i don t care about the price. This is just relevant to watch how goes adoption with HIRO. Watch the price and you will have a very good idea how it goes.

Second, if again you had read my posts, you would know that i didn t have lost money in HIRO. As a new comer, i did have a lot at the beginning. I stop buying when it had been pumped and a LOT of miners did go into. I sure have made the good decisions.

So, you are the moron, i have no loss, i can take a risk and i have done the right things at the right moment seeing as it went after that. But i have lost a lot of time.

I can see that none of my questions were answer, i wish people luck with this coin.
The main point of HIRO was X11 (more efficiency, less heat, summer coin etc). With all the FUD out there on X11 ( actually not ASICS resistant and FPGA already mining it) and Hirocoin dev team not adressing these problems, i dont think there is much futur in this angle.
Furtherm more, there are more and more X11 multipool, meaning that more and more people will mine HIRO and dump it, buying POS coin which have not selling pressure like POW coins.

I think it s time for me to move on. After a lot of reflexion, the thing that i didn t get at the time is that the team wasn t professionnal. They are obviously good people and sometime it s hard when people attack you on all front. But you have to keep being professional.

I sincerely hope that you will prove me wrong. Meanwhile, i will move my coins in a coin where there is a goal and transparency for the people who invest in it. Well, expect some sell pressure, it will take a few days to sell my coins giving the 24H volume on Mintpal ( ~ 2BTC/day )

edit: how do you want to have merchant adoption with a volume of 2 BTC/day?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scriptiee

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:18:10 PM

I love how transparent and active the Hiro team members are.
I wish more coins were like Hiro.

you should look how Evan of Darkcoin is handling community interactions, you'll be mind blown. Find some time to sit through the 900 pages of DRK [ANN] thread and you will see how development of the coin should be handled.
Scriptiee

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:26:26 PM

Hello dear devs,

as far as you pursue your goals with the coin, you have my support.
Anyway, you want to make sure you pursue the right goals.

I think in the midterm the following 4 features would be really beneficial to HIROcoin:

1. multipool - HIRO has a whopping 672 million coins! That's a lot. I see your dedication to staying with original features of the coin and not decrease coin supply. But that's still a lot of coins, even for 3.2 years. So, we have to make the miners become holders of something valuable instead of becoming "dumping machines". Because mining rigs cost a bunch and people want to make ROI, pay electricity and then some. They will dump, IF they don't see long-term value. So, multipool is A MUST. Mining more will be buying HIRO more, thus price increase, thus more mining, thus more buying, hence higher price, more mining, more buying...see BlackCoin e.g.

2. implementing a DarkSend-like anonymizing transaction technology, used in conjunction with but separately from (can be switched off) the HIROcoin wallet. That is what increased the price of DarkCoin. One of the main reasons Bitcoin and its followers exist, is that they offer anonymous transactions, independent from banks, government and state structures. Later we found out it is NOT completely anonymous. There are very many people who insist on their privacy (not only from illegal channels) and this is a huge valuable feature of a coin offering this one. Good one for Darkcoin, let's see if we can implement something similar, and even better, that's right - an IMPROVEMENT over DarkSend - here by HIROcoin.

3. website. Your website is NOT bad. But not that good either. I have seen the websites of most coins. Too much text in your website, too little visuals. People like visuals. Videos and audios, color fonts and nice pics depicting features and ideas attract attention and make you look valuable in people's eyes.
All marketing materials should be impecable and stand out from all other coins. For the newcomer that talks: VALUE.
See 2 websites of other coins:
I. http://einsteinium.org/ - very nicely touched, great web design, made me want to invest in EMC2. It talked to me: The website is great, idea is great, the coin must also be great.

II. http://darkcoin.io/ - this website absolutely rocks! I remember the days it was just published, it was plain and unattractive. Now it has all there stuck tidily in different tabs, not all the info spitten in one place on the main page. It has a very nice forum with a few thousand posts. That's how you build a community. That's how you build value. Not in a bitcointalk thread.

III. https://alpha-t.net/ - that's not a coin, but an ASIC company. At first the site was a junk and there was not a forum. But behold - now the forum is very lively and
Something else - do you see how the main page resembles that of DarkCoin? Or vice versa. Anyway, it looks nice, it looks solid. It whispers: VALUE.

P.S. I know HIROcoin.org also has a forum but it is somehow unattractive and plain. I don't like reading there because of the font choice and visuals. Make it tougher-looking, serious and solid, please.

I like that you changed the logo of HIROcoin replacing that godzilla facia. It was simply not professional. And to grow the coin, people have to think of the coin as professional as possible.

Please also ask all mining pools and coinmarketcap and whatever other coin-related services to use the new logo which is GREAT - you have to change to the new image completely, everywhere. Godzilla is gone, now is the time for the new reborn HIROcoin.

4. additional services - payment processor, services accepting HIROcoin, services storing HIROcoin in return for some interest, etc.

I can contribut with points 1 and 3.

Just my 2 satoshis.

Best

Yeah most of X11 coins will probably look into implementing DarkSend like feature .... as soon as Evan finishes it. But that is capitalising on on someone else hard work.

The devs should take Evan as an example and not just copy shit that he comes up with, and that is what all X11 coins so far do really.... sad

Any way Joerii, you're just dodging answering question. You claim you are transparent yet hold "big projects" behind closed doors. You should read "Lean Startup" to see that attempting to release a perfect product is a bad strategy.

I don't believe HIRO will make the top 20 coins, not in a week, not in a month, not ever. All this coin has is smoke and mirrors and a lot of buzz words thrown around.

zauberer

Activity: 74
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:42:24 PM

Darkcoin also had about 15-20BTC volume before going crazy. Price rising causes explosion in trade volume.
When price stays relatively calm and non-volatile, trade volume is very low, for every coin, also Bitcoin and Litecoin.

I bet if price goes to 1000 sat from 400 sat, you will have volume more than 100BTC.

That's how it is.

Merchant adoption is a logical next step, but not a imminent one. It will come later.

At the moment a multipool, transaction anonimizer and website/forum/marketing tools improvement are much more important.
Regarding the multipool - you should seek to make benefit from the coming Scrypt ASICS, that's a lot of power and that's a must.
Multipool <-> Scrypt ASICs. Be the first to wield that power.

Just my 2 satoshis.
bcajes

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:46:01 PM

Good to see some ideas and community building!

I completely AGREE! HiroCoin MUST integrate darksend feature for anonymous transactions. Adding this feature will definitely improve the value of this coin. There are a lot of investors out there who want to be anonymous.....that's thousands if not  millions of fiat dollars.Just think about capitalizing on 10% or even less of that. :-)

-=BELIEVE=-
Scriptiee

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:48:45 PM

Darkcoin also had about 15-20BTC volume before going crazy. Price rising causes explosion in trade volume.
When price stays relatively calm and non-volatile, trade volume is very low, for every coin, also Bitcoin and Litecoin.

I bet if price goes to 1000 sat from 400 sat, you will have volume more than 100BTC.

That's how it is.

Merchant adoption is a logical next step, but not a imminent one. It will come later.

At the moment a multipool, transaction anonimizer and website/forum/marketing tools improvement are much more important.
Just my 2 satoshis.

15-20 and 2 are very different numbers. Dark coin had DarkSend, masternodes, masternode payouts in pipeline. This coin has...? multipool, and "devs working their ass off" as well as "big project". Do you see the difference?
zauberer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:03:53 PM

Any way Joerii, you're just dodging answering question. You claim you are transparent yet hold "big projects" behind closed doors. You should read "Lean Startup" to see that attempting to release a perfect product is a bad strategy.

I don't believe HIRO will make the top 20 coins, not in a week, not in a month, not ever. All this coin has is smoke and mirrors and a lot of buzz words thrown around.

I agree that HIROcoin devs and admins should expose better their ideas, I don't know, maybe they are suspicious that someone from another competitive coin might steal them. Anyway idea is just an idea. Implementation and execution is what counts. Everybody now knows about DarkSend Beta version, but not many coins are planning such a thing. I didn't mean copying DarkSend technology, but designing another one, with a similar goal in mind. A better one, one which won't need 1000 DRK/HIRO/BTC/WHATEVER to operate an anonimizing node. One that everybody can benefit from.

For the second part, I hope you are wrong. But why do you waste your time writing in a thread for a coin you don't respect and don't value? Just sell your stash and go buy DarkCoin.

Now's the time, when Scrypt Asics come to life, to benefit from them. Not everybody will mine LTC and DOGE. How about a few GH/s of Scrypt power mining for HIRO?
I repeat myself. You have a very valuable 1-2 months of time to make this coin a preferred one for the GPU and CPU holders, and they are a lot of people, together with the new owners of the powerful Scrypt ASICs.
zauberer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:16:37 PM

15-20 and 2 are very different numbers. Dark coin had DarkSend, masternodes, masternode payouts in pipeline. This coin has...? multipool, and "devs working their ass off" as well as "big project". Do you see the difference?

"DarkSend, masternodes, masternode payouts in pipeline" -> that's all features of DarkSend. If there was NO Darksend, there wouldn't be any explosion of DRK price on the exchanges. I bet. DRK would be around 100k sat.

But let's stop talking about DRK. Obviously they do something right. There shouldn't be copy/paste, but see their work ethic and learn from it.
I like your constructive criticism. HIROcoin devs and leaders should listen better their supporters. How about finishing this "big project" while investing helluva lot of time and effort, just to find out that the community just doesn't value it. So, better communication with people, be more transparent.
For the more important "internal" things - discuss only in HIRO forum, visible by registered users. But invite people to HIRO forum to discuss that stuff.

bcajes

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:27:35 PM

"DarkSend, masternodes, masternode payouts in pipeline" -> that's all features of DarkSend. If there was NO Darksend, there wouldn't be any explosion of DRK price on the exchanges. I bet. DRK would be around 100k sat.

But let's stop talking about DRK. Obviously they do something right. There shouldn't be copy/paste, but see their work ethic and learn from it.
I like your constructive criticism. HIROcoin devs and leaders should listen better their supporters. How about finishing this "big project" while investing helluva lot of time and effort, just to find out that the community just doesn't value it. So, better communication with people, be more transparent.
For the more important "internal" things - discuss only in HIRO forum, visible by registered users. But invite people to HIRO forum to discuss that stuff.

+1

I completely agree.
zauberer

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:09:32 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 11:24:36 PM by zauberer

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'll reply in detail later.
We are aware our site needs a facelift, in fact a web dev is working on creating something much, much nicer.

I never considered the forum, thanks for that. You say a different font would be nice ? Which one do you think would be an improvement ?
I always love black with light grey letters, but remember it also has to suit the friendly and open image of Hirocoin.

I really like the fonts in
http://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php

They are big, black, easy to read - does not strain the eyes. Maybe a good fit for HIRO forum would be that titles and other components of thread pages are in different shades of green and dark green and the text itself is black. Everybody should be able to edit the text with other font, size and color, if he wants to.

-> Another idea - you said you won't change the total supply of 672 million coins. But to be more attractive to investors (like me), you have to trump over some other quite good coins, like the PoS ones that do not have new coins coming to market all the time. So, it would be a good idea to consider extending the time span of getting those  672m coins to 15, 20 or 50 years. That would reduce the coins per block. Another idea is to decrease the coin reward per block the higher the difficulty.

You say that price doesn't matter, but the lower the price, the less people would make effort to contribute. The less people, the lower the price becomes, and at once just nobody even cares about the coin. Then the coin is effectively dead. Very, very few people are here for the sake of it and don't care about ROI. We ALL are busy! My time is precious, my efforts are precious. I may be patient, but it won't last forever. If I don't see improvements, I will forsake this coin and either dump my coins, or at least won't mine anymore and certainly won't promote the coin to friends. The last few lines is what everyone, or majority of people thinks. We exchange time and effort and money for future gains - one way or another. Even you, the devs and leaders of HIROcoin. You expect something in return, even if it is that you brought a successful project to glory. Even if no money is involved...you would put that in your CV, wouldn't you? Everyone expects some form of return for his efforts. Money is only the reward for past efforts.
You shouldn't be that stoic and stubborn. Cryptocommunity is in constant change. Here things happen for months or even weeks, where in other fields take years. Change is necessary and welcome in many occasions.
And price is a direct reflection of value and how well the coin devs and admins handle change and provide value to the supporters and investors.
It's not just about benefiting early adopters. Keeping something scarce increases its value. He who wants to get something, would have to pay for it and invest effort, time and money. If Bitcoin would like to spread benefit to everybody everywhere always, there would be no reward halving every few years. Then it would probably still stay at 10 bucks and there would be no altcoins, no Hirocoin at this moment. But because of its value and its scarcity, it rose in value and became hundreds of dollars. This was seen by many knowledgeable and entrepreneural people who designed new coins (Litecoin, Primecoin, X11 coins e.g.) to address some of the weaknesses of Bitcoin. If Bitcoin wasn't valued to hundreds of dollars, but only a few bucks, I doubt we would ever see HIROcoin come to life. So, please don't underestimate the value of scarce resource.
Another example - If you knew your wife was not devoted to chastity...say it blunt she was a whore, what would be the chance to marry her? If you knew, on the other hand that your wife could have had hundreds of men, but she CHOSE you, how valuable would she be to you? She would be scarce, one of a kind woman, who you would never let go because she wanted YOU and not the hundreds of other men she could have.
The same is with coins - scarcity, one of a kind, development of features more advanced and higher value than the features of the previous coins , learning from their experience and building upon that - that is what brings value.
You should take really seriously into consideration the scarcity aspect. I do believe that having a POW coin with a long term of mining, like 50 years, and diminishing returns, like halving or reducing in reward by some variable % brings more advantages compared to POS coins, that have the whole resource over there and no new value to miners, acquiring coins generally goes over the exchange for POS. And many people prefer to mine and not buy! Just the idea of buying coins is very alien for a lot of people who prefer to contribute to the community in the old-fashioned, original way - by mining.

Do you fear a hard fork? Coins fork all the time, I saw Darkcoin will hard fork in 3 days again. A few hard forks for a couple of months time.

Well, I am tired. I gave you some good ideas. I really hope you will take them to heart and implement them, at least partially.

Let others also share ideas.

And what is much more important - JUST DO IT. Ideas are nothing without implementation.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 03:56:37 AM

Sure, buzzwords, that's marketing. No smoke or mirrors. We REALLY mean openness and transparency. hard to believe, I know. But my name really is Joeri Pross, the other guys are real people too and we share what we are up to as much as we can. If you want to know specifics, please ask.

What questions am I dodging exactly ? If i'm doing so it's sub conscience Smiley Please ask them clearly and I'll answer !

By the way, the whole "big projects in the works" which i'm not going to tell about.... where did you read that ? Can you quote me on it ? I don't recall stuff like that.

Thanks for the book tip, downloading now !

How the mortgage, not understand

Sorry, I don't understand your question. this sounds like a Google Translate error !

Hello dear devs,

<snip>

I see your dedication to staying with original features of the coin and not decrease coin supply. But that's still a lot of coins, even for 3.2 years.

It's a common misconception that all coin swill be mined in a few years. Maybe this needs to be clarified in the OP. Here's what Hiro said about it :
Half the coin supply will be minted in just ~1.6 years after which it will half which is a relatively short time so there is you reduced supply Smiley The entire supply of coins should be minted in around ~52 years and the last coin reward should be around 0.00000672 Hirocoin a block at which point people will mine for the transaction fees more than the block reward.

zauberer :

2. implementing a DarkSend-like anonymizing transaction technology, used in conjunction with but separately from (can be switched off) the HIROcoin wallet. That is what increased the price of DarkCoin. One of the main reasons Bitcoin and its followers exist, is that they offer anonymous transactions, independent from banks, government and state structures. Later we found out it is NOT completely anonymous. There are very many people who insist on their privacy (not only from illegal channels) and this is a huge valuable feature of a coin offering this one. Good one for Darkcoin, let's see if we can implement something similar, and even better, that's right - an IMPROVEMENT over DarkSend - here by HIROcoin.

DarkSend is very ambitious. Being anonymous is not what we are trying to achieve, though. It doesn't fit our goals and objectives, and anonymity is not something we want to be associated with, for public image reasons. Darkcoin found a nice niche, we'll let them have it. Our goals are different.

3. website.<snip>

Yep. We're on it. I think you're going to like it when it's done !

<snip>

Please also ask all mining pools and coinmarketcap and whatever other coin-related services to use the new logo which is GREAT - you have to change to the new image completely, everywhere. Godzilla is gone, now is the time for the new reborn HIROcoin.

If you spot someone who's using an old logo, kindly point it out to them. It's the same amount of work as letting us now Smiley We do our best but can't catch them all. thanks for pointing this out though, we have to pay more attention there.

Thanks again for all your feedback. This is what we need from you guys !

<snip>  HIROcoin devs and leaders should listen better their supporters.

Better, how ? Please tell me where we are failing. There is a difference between "listening well" and "doing whatever is asked" you know. Wink

<snip>

This is what we do already.
<snip> Maybe a good fit for HIRO forum would be that titles and other components of thread pages are in different shades of green and dark green and the text itself is black. Everybody should be able to edit the text with other font, size and color, if he wants to.

I just talked to Xander and he says "sure, everything is possible, we just need a theme" So I added that to the objectives list.

-> Another idea - you said you won't change the total supply of 672 million coins. But to be more attractive to investors (like me), you have to trump over some other quite good coins, like the PoS ones that do not have new coins coming to market all the time. So, it would be a good idea to consider extending the time span of getting those  672m coins to 15, 20 or 50 years. That would reduce the coins per block. Another idea is to decrease the coin reward per block the higher the difficulty.

We believe there are better ways to become more attractive to investors. Adding to the utility of the coin, more user friendliness, making Hirocoin available to the masses, etc. Messing with the coins reward structure is simply NOT negotiable.

You say that price doesn't matter,

No, we never said price doesnt matter !  What we said is : we are not responsible for it. We're not going to try to manipulate the price directly.

<snip>

We ALL are busy! My time is precious, my efforts are precious. I may be patient, but it won't last forever. If I don't see improvements, I will forsake this coin and either dump my coins, or at least won't mine anymore and certainly won't promote the coin to friends. The last few lines is what everyone, or majority of people thinks. We exchange time and effort and money for future gains - one way or another. Even you, the devs and leaders of HIROcoin. You expect something in return, even if it is that you brought a successful project to glory. Even if no money is involved...you would put that in your CV, wouldn't you? Everyone expects some form of return for his efforts.

Agree with you on this 100% Of course, we understand this. Right now we are hanging in there waiting for two things :
1) miners running away from scrypt based mining into our arms     
2) the market will notice the new things we develop and interest will pick up again.

Marketing, PR and Development will achieve this.

Money is only the reward for past efforts.

No, there's also friendship, experience and the joy of creating Smiley

You shouldn't be that stoic and stubborn.

Maybe you can learn a lot from the great Stoics like Seneca ! And are we being stubborn ? Or loyal to our investors and each other ? Many dev teams simply split when their coin doesn't make them rich overnight....

<snip>

And what is much more important - JUST DO IT. Ideas are nothing without implementation.

Yes sir, that's one of my mantra's ! We are doing it Smiley We'd love to do it with you ! Er.... you know what I mean. Come join the team !

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
zauberer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:25:38 PM

Hi Joerii,

I am glad that you listen to some of the things we supporters bring up here.
One of these is obviously you also deem important to do things now rather than later and that you have 1 or 2 months available.
Afterwards you can lay back and enjoy the music.

=====

It's a common misconception that all coin swill be mined in a few years. Maybe this needs to be clarified in the OP. Here's what Hiro said about it :

It is not clear - I see the following only:

Vital Statistics
60 Second blocks
400 Coins a block
Subsidy at 840,000 block (~1.6 years)
Total Coins 672m
Client Port 9348
RPC Port 9347

Info is not sufficient at all! Sorry, but I have very good incentive that HIROcoin is successful, so I have to be critical a little bit -> it looks like sloppy work. NO detailed information about the coin whatsoever, even here in bitcointalk, not even on the website. Keep investors/miners informed, pls. How can I interpret "Subsidy at 840k block (about 1.6 years)? What subsudy, what's going to happen? How can I know that reward is going to be halved then? Then later how is halving going to proceed further? Look at that Groestlcoin diagram:
http://coinia.net/groestlcoin/reward.html
Perfect. How hard is to do something like this?
Website and its content just don't speak value right now. Also 1st page of this thread should mirror the most important info about the coin on the website.

Actually look better at the Groestlcoin website - a direct competitor of yours -> all the info I would like to know about the coin and then some. Just an hour of work - to just bring the facts. Is it that hard?
http://www.groestlcoin.org/

As you see from Groestlcoin the perfect website doesn't transpire in price/value by investors as the price of GRS is also pretty low, but it's a MUST, a milestone that website and 1st page in bitcointalk are perfect in appearance and content - BOTH.

DarkSend is very ambitious. Being anonymous is not what we are trying to achieve, though. It doesn't fit our goals and objectives, and anonymity is not something we want to be associated with, for public image reasons. Darkcoin found a nice niche, we'll let them have it. Our goals are different.

OK, I respect that reply!
But...what are your goals, I don't know them, and I shouldn't be required to register on HIROcoin website to find out what they are or use the search machine in the forum. It should be up there on the website. I am sorry but I don't see your mission and vision on the website or here. It should up there for everybody to see....easily.

And the mission should be something of value, and different from airdropping 5% of coins to the population of XXX, or giving away 2.5% of coins market cap to science or environment. Everybody knows that these ares require billions and billions of $ and even governments are reluctant to take care of them properly.

If you spot someone who's using an old logo, kindly point it out to them. It's the same amount of work as letting us now Smiley We do our best but can't catch them all. thanks for pointing this out though, we have to pay more attention there.

I will. Already messaged 1 site with the old logo of Godzilla..

Better, how ? Please tell me where we are failing. There is a difference between "listening well" and "doing whatever is asked" you know. Wink

I do it already. I registered here just to be able to share my thoughts and ideas about this very coin - HIROcoin.

We believe there are better ways to become more attractive to investors. Adding to the utility of the coin, more user friendliness, making Hirocoin available to the masses, etc. Messing with the coins reward structure is simply NOT negotiable.

I respect that you are resolved about the coins reward structure. Utility of the coin, user friendliness - great! Making HIRO available to the masses - what do you mean exactly? I believe the latter will happen on its own without much interference the more people value the coin. And stuff like websites accepting HIRO too (through Bitpay or Prypto or whatever) would be nice bonuses. For now efforts should be focused on creating value within the coin. The contents, features, the message, the mission. The inherent, core virtues and value should be further developed.

Agree with you on this 100% Of course, we understand this. Right now we are hanging in there waiting for two things :
1) miners running away from scrypt based mining into our arms     
2) the market will notice the new things we develop and interest will pick up again.

Marketing, PR and Development will achieve this.

Sounds good. But bear in mind cryptocommunity is very smart and they don't go for something if it's not valuable. So, real value is what the bell rings for.
Miners will run away from scrypt, that is for sure, but going into your arms is not a sure thing at all.
There are many other scrypt-resistant coins like Scrypt-N, other X11 and even a X13 coin. Miners and investors come to a coin if they believe that a coin has potential to rise in value in the future. And only then.
See this:
http://x11mining.n00bsys0p.co.uk/
Right now HIRO is one of the least lucrative X11 coins there. That should change. Look at the absurd difficulty of DARK (and the higher it goes, the least the payout becomes), and it is STILL MORE profitable than HIRO for miners. For 10MH/s of mining power, you get 0.622DRK and 1700HIRO per day -> that is 2733 times difference. And DRK has 22m coins, HIRO has 672m coins - only 30 times more. Meaning DARKcoin network is about 91 times more valuable than HIROcoin network at the moment. That should change if we all want the HIROcoin to succeed.

Also, do you know that in Mintpal there are 400 coins waiting to be accepted at the marketplace. That is FOUR HUNDRED coins! And maybe the same number not listed at all anywhere. Close to 1000 coins waiting for a piece of the pie - people's fiat and BTC.

Money is only the reward for past efforts.

No, there's also friendship, experience and the joy of creating

I said money is just a reward for PAST efforts, not the ONLY reward for past efforts. Regarding friendship, experience, joy of creating - maybe..for you, but for investors in the coin, it's their money on the line, their effort at work for hard-earned money and they worry much more about the performance of the coin than the experience and joy of creating stuff  Wink

Maybe you can learn a lot from the great Stoics like Seneca ! And are we being stubborn ? Or loyal to our investors and each other ? Many dev teams simply split when their coin doesn't make them rich overnight....

Actually I have always wondered how dev teams can get rich overnight, if there are no bounties, IPOs or premines. It's not possible, they have to mine themselves or buy from the exchange like everybody else. Well, I have to learn from Seneca, because I bought a lot of coins at higher rate believing in the coin and I have nothing left than wait for better times, and probably help the team out one way or another. I really hope you have also some great ideas for the future of the coin. I really do hope.

Yes sir, that's one of my mantra's ! We are doing it Smiley We'd love to do it with you ! Er.... you know what I mean. Come join the team !

I will continue providing valuable ideas. That's for sure.

Pls. don't get offended by my criticism - I really want HIROcoin to succeed, and if it doesn't do it this summer, it will probably never will. So we should act in an emergency mode already.

Best!
multioptions

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:42:05 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 01:55:38 PM by multioptions

I SUGGEST TO ADD THE AVAILABLE SUPPLY OF HIRO IN FIRST PAGE
WHICH ARE : 37,744,400 HIRO  NOW
http://coinmarketcap.com/
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:23:17 PM

dude, this coin already in mine-and-dump mode
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:25:48 PM

Which is certainly odd, considering that unless you're getting free electricity, HIRO hasn't been profitable to mine since the diff was around 5!
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:40:12 PM

Which is certainly odd, considering that unless you're getting free electricity, HIRO hasn't been profitable to mine since the diff was around 5!

The cost of instamined coins are much lower. The difficulty was 0.00xx then.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:37:29 PM

I have never seen a coin actually reaching 0 price. Guess we are on the way. After all this, I wonder was what the actually difference between Hiro on one side and Dark or Badger on the other side. What did they do well compared to Hiro?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Scriptiee

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:22:35 PM

I have never seen a coin actually reaching 0 price. Guess we are on the way. After all this, I wonder was what the actually difference between Hiro on one side and Dark or Badger on the other side. What did they do well compared to Hiro?

Dark for one has an absolutely active developer that updates the community on stuff that is in progress, takes their input under account and if he decides to implement something new you can see results in next few days or so (depends on complexity).

Didn't follow Badger coin too much due to a lot of stuff going on in my life last month.

Hiro, well about that. Have a look at some of my previous posts in this thread across last 10 pages or so, you'll see what is wrong with the coin and why it is heading the way it is.

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:42:07 PM

Dark for one has an absolutely active developer that updates the community on stuff that is in progress, takes their input under account and if he decides to implement something new you can see results in next few days or so (depends on complexity).

Didn't follow Badger coin too much due to a lot of stuff going on in my life last month.

Hiro, well about that. Have a look at some of my previous posts in this thread across last 10 pages or so, you'll see what is wrong with the coin and why it is heading the way it is.

All the money is being put into dark and badger coin right now. People getting into the pump...

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
OmarGsPools

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:15:53 AM

I've given the HIRO multipool a facelift!

Check it out at www.omargpools.ca/hiropool

I've also went into a bit more depth in how to use the HiroPool. Let me know what you guys think!

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: