Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:45:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 972 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod]  (Read 124961 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (6 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 07:09:06 PM

My bet is on England or a draw for the 2nd test match. Australia is heavily dependent on Smith currently and I think they might be in trouble if Smith departs early this time around.

Me too. England have their homeland advantage too. Out of 5 tests, they should win atleast three so first one going bad is fine. They have more reliable batsmen than Australia currently. They should choose to bat first though to understand the wicket.

I think we cannot be sure of who will win the 2nd test match between England and Australia. The last test was pretty much even  till the forth day.
Both teams are strong and it will depend on them on how they start the first innings. The team who start to dominate early will have more chances of winning.

Playing test matches in England is never been easy for any team first test was poised fourth day otherwise first 3 days was completed dominant by England now we are heading for Lords here England's personal record is never been good but now England is is do or die situation so we can expect very tough competition from them and this is going to be very interesting match beyond the result.

How the first three days were dominated by England ?  
Aussie managed to get a decent score and England despite of a good start were struggling to take a big lead. From there onward they had no clue on how Aussies manage to get a lead in 2nd innings and England batsmen couldn't bear the scorecard pressure in the last innings and were completely outclass by the Aussies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 07:20:01 PM

Have we all forgot about Sri Lanka vs New Zealand test series? Two test series. We will see how Sri Lanka challenge the world cup finalist.

How the first three days were dominated by England ?
England dominated the first few hours of the first test when they took 8 wicket very quickly. And then the test was uncertain till the end of the third day. Everyone was expecting England will take few wickets in the 1st season of the 4th day but it was an excellent session for Australia and that was when the test turned to Australian's favor.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:29:23 PM

My bet is on England or a draw for the 2nd test match. Australia is heavily dependent on Smith currently and I think they might be in trouble if Smith departs early this time around.

Me too. England have their homeland advantage too. Out of 5 tests, they should win atleast three so first one going bad is fine. They have more reliable batsmen than Australia currently. They should choose to bat first though to understand the wicket.
Well I have no interest in Match but after getting in gambling now i like it and i mostly watch it on YouTube so I can fully enjoy and in test matches I know one should give the best performance both are good teams and batting needs perfection so the bats man should be confidential and well aware of all cricket rules.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:59:56 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2019, 01:00:12 AM by 7788bitcoin

Have we all forgot about Sri Lanka vs New Zealand test series? Two test series. We will see how Sri Lanka challenge the world cup finalist.
Test match is always different and the venue is also important, if New Zealand is facing Srilanka in their homeland then it would be a battle for the New Zealand team as the pitch favors spin and toss is yet another important factor as none can bat longer in the fourth innings in turning tracks of Srilanka.
But if it is the other way around then i would not mind placing a full on bet on NZ to win, I have to look at the odds to place a bet in this match.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 10:20:11 PM

They have been known to bounce back after losses which is why I am expecting the same in this 2nd test match. A draw is also a possibility.
I hope England could bounce back in the second test, they were on top most of the time in the first innings but they never capitalized their good start and was able to build a good first innings lead, the English batsmen has to perform well if they are to win the test match and they will be including Jofra Archer in the team instead of the injured James Anderson and they might leave Moeen Ali out. I am still expecting Australia to win the test match as Smith is back in form and Lyon is bowling well and the toss is important.

It seems like Moeen Ali is going to take a "nice short break from cricket" after being dropped for the 2nd test match of the Ashes:

Moeen Ali: England & Worcestershire all-rounder to take short break after Test omission

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/49329927
vella85

Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 10:57:56 PM

I think we cannot be sure of who will win the 2nd test match between England and Australia. The last test was pretty much even  till the forth day.
Both teams are strong and it will depend on them on how they start the first innings. The team who start to dominate early will have more chances of winning.

Playing test matches in England is never been easy for any team first test was poised fourth day otherwise first 3 days was completed dominant by England now we are heading for Lords here England's personal record is never been good but now England is is do or die situation so we can expect very tough competition from them and this is going to be very interesting match beyond the result.

Adding to this is that England are also the world champions and they now have a different level of confidence. This Ashes series should belong to them although they did faced the first defeat in the first test match. I think England will come up strongly in the 2nd test.

I keep seeing people here talking about England being World Champions however that is for ODI and test match cricket is a lot different and the team is not the same. It doesn't matter that they won the World Cup, test match cricket is not the same and the Ashes is the biggest in test match cricket so Australia was always going to be up for the challenge and maybe England got carried away after winning the World Cup. I still think England will bounce back in the series and even win the Ashes back from Australia only because Australia hasn't performed all that well in England in past years. I just know that we are in for an entertaining series ahead and if England can win the second test it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 07:18:56 AM

Everyone has a choice. For many test cricket fans its low buzz series. I am not watching live as well just keeping a tab on the score.

As of now, Kiwis are struggling at 71/3. They had a good start of 60+ runs, but 3 quick wickets by spinner Dananjaya turn the tide in favor of SriLankan.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 07:20:26 AM

It seems like Moeen Ali is going to take a "nice short break from cricket" after being dropped for the 2nd test match of the Ashes:

Moeen Ali: England & Worcestershire all-rounder to take short break after Test omission

Good move. His form has been pretty horrible recently and this break might help him retain his form in the near future. In my opinion, England needs to give newbie spinners a chance here in order to test their mettle.

I keep seeing people here talking about England being World Champions however that is for ODI and test match cricket is a lot different and the team is not the same. It doesn't matter that they won the World Cup, test match cricket is not the same and the Ashes is the biggest in test match cricket so Australia was always going to be up for the challenge and maybe England got carried away after winning the World Cup. I still think England will bounce back in the series and even win the Ashes back from Australia only because Australia hasn't performed all that well in England in past years. I just know that we are in for an entertaining series ahead and if England can win the second test it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.
I completely agree. Test match Cricket is a different ball game altogether. This will probably go down to the wire unless the England players loses their composure. My bet is on England to take the 2nd test.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
FIFA worldcup

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 11:01:31 AM

Everyone has a choice. For many test cricket fans its low buzz series. I am not watching live as well just keeping a tab on the score.

As of now, Kiwis are struggling at 71/3. They had a good start of 60+ runs, but 3 quick wickets by spinner Dananjaya turn the tide in favor of SriLankan.

Sri Lanka vs New Zealand test series is not some thing  like England Vs Aussies Ashes series and hence it will not draw much attention other then the people of NZ and srilanka, who would like to watch this series.
Secondly no one has the time to click to the TV for 8 hours daily just to watch a test match.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Merit: 1505

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:02:10 PM

The toss for the second test match of the Ashes series has been delayed due to rain. I hope that rain, after ruining the World Cup, doesn't ruin the Ashes series as well! Roll Eyes

Good move. His form has been pretty horrible recently and this break might help him retain his form in the near future. In my opinion, England needs to give newbie spinners a chance here in order to test their mettle.

I agree.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 12:37:27 PM

Match delayed due to rain which means again the team batting first would have an advantage. Already over 2 hours of play have been lost which means less overs will be played. Hope England choose to bat first.

AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 04:23:07 PM

The whole day washed away. Even the toss did not happen. So if they can start the match tomorrow then this will be a 4 day Test match. May be we will be looking forward to a draw Test. Good for Australia but not for England. Australia already have 1 - 0 lead of the series.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 05:35:42 PM

The whole day washed away. Even the toss did not happen. So if they can start the match tomorrow then this will be a 4 day Test match. May be we will be looking forward to a draw Test. Good for Australia but not for England. Australia already have 1 - 0 lead of the series.

There were three international matches today. Two test matches and one ODI. The test match between England and Australia got washed out, while the one between New Zealand and Sri Lanka was disrupted by rain after a good start. And as per the latest information, the ODI match between India and West Indies may also get washed away.

Final score: Rain-3, Cricket-0.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 05:46:48 PM

~snip~

Final score: Rain-3, Cricket-0.
Nah! I will call it Rain - 2.5, Cricket - 0.5 :-P

0.5 for the New Zealand Innings to play 68 overs :-)

If we have a result for India vs WI then cricket will get another 0.5 point perhaps.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
FIFA worldcup

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 06:23:55 PM

If both the Aussie and England bat well in their first innings, the test will begin to get boring by the end of third  day and and the match would slip towards the draw.  This would make it more tough for the England who are looking to lift the Ashes too, after the World cup.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 09:58:52 AM

SL vs NZ

Kiwis saw mini-collapse in the morning and bowled out on 249 runs (thanks to Lakmal's spell) and in response, SL repeating the same mistake of keep losing wickets in interval against a spinner, as of now they are trailing 99 runs with 6 wickets in hand.

Spinners doing wonder on this pitch. yesterday Akila Dananjaya took a fifer for SL and today Ajaz Patel doing same for Kiwis.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 10:12:22 AM

The second Ashes test is underway and looks like England is struggling. Jason Roy out even before opening the scoreboard to Hazlewood (who was controversially picked ahead of Mitchell Starc). Looks like this is going to be another low scoring test match, similar to the first test, and there may be a chance of getting a result despite the rain.
FIFA worldcup

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 11:15:55 AM

The second Ashes test is underway and looks like England is struggling. Jason Roy out even before opening the scoreboard to Hazlewood (who was controversially picked ahead of Mitchell Starc). Looks like this is going to be another low scoring test match, similar to the first test, and there may be a chance of getting a result despite the rain.

The 2nd test also started bad for the England and Aussie again dominating from the start  as they did in the first test match. While i am writing this post, Burns catch was missed else it would have been 3 down for the England.
Denly and Burns have to make at least a hundred run partnership to be able to strengthen  their position in the match.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 11:24:14 AM

Finally Aus vs Eng match in progress. Australia had some early breakthrough but now England in the middle of recovery. And looking at the Australian squad I see Starc is not playing this match too.

Hazlewood was picked over Starc because of his economy.
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27386243/josh-hazlewood-economy-leaves-mitchell-starc-periphery-lords

And seems like he is doing good job for the team. Got two wickets so far. Did Starc ever expected this kind of competition LOL

Forget to mention, what happened to NZ batting? Yesterday they were 205 for 6 or something and this morning they lost rest the wickets too quickly?

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 11:56:18 AM

The 2nd test also started bad for the England and Aussie again dominating from the start  as they did in the first test match. While i am writing this post, Burns catch was missed else it would have been 3 down for the England.
Denly and Burns have to make at least a hundred run partnership to be able to strengthen  their position in the match.

The dropped catch may prove to be the turning point in the match. At this level, you don't have the luxury of dropping catches and that too of top order batsmen. And see what happened after that. Burns and Denly have set up a solid partnership and together they have rescued England from another top order batting collapse.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 972 »
  Print  

Jump to: