Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:18:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open  (Read 176690 times)
SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:21:57 PM

hey OP

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:35:49 PM

I really love this idea, and the people attacking it have to understand this is perfectly legitimate. When you create decentralised currencies, alls fair on either side of the fence, and so this is simply the market at work.

The market is oversaturated. So many crapcoins sharing BTC between them that every coin suffers because of it. The real reason alts are going down isn't because Bitcoin is going down. Sure there's a correlation, but it's much worse than that. There are just way too many tradable altcoins, and there's only so much Bitcoin to spread between them.

If a coin has legitimately strong support, what does it have to worry about?

Yeah, we get it. 'Crap coins' are diluting the market for your favorite 'real coins.' Sounds like people are losing money and going to attack others who are doing the same thing as them.

Attacks like that will cause plenty of financial damages to innocent parties as well. Not everyone out there is well-versed on what drama has occurred for which coin.

That said, I'm not even arguing about the quality of launches. For the last 10 days there have been numerous cases of countdown clocks not working, no wallets at release, scam IPOs etc.

It seems to me that many people who have been getting their fingers burned have probably learned.

Yelling 'ShitCoin' in every thread just pushes the thread to the top and forces people to choose sides. No arguing means the thread (and the coin) floats to the bottom and down the hole.

Maybe it would be more constructive to create educational threads that teach people why it's bad to support certain coins and launches, how to long out for scams, etc etc.

Just my two cents  Grin

mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:37:31 PM

Is bitcoin about exploring economic theory or is it only an investment vehicle that must be protected with force?

If the latter is true then it is a "shitcoin" too. And that  can only mean that "operation shitcoin" is a bunch of bagholders with indigestion.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:39:23 PM

Can pos coins be killed? if not we will just see the 0 post devs switch to pow/pos?

Also i don't think we should target coins already released and that have miners and communities, this will cause a shit storm of hatred towards our goal of stopping a constant stream of crap coins flowing out.

We need people to see this is for everyones good actually, not just a few of us who mostly hold old established alts like ltc , doge etc. Or even those that can lose 1400 BTC and not seem overly upset.  Else we look like we only have our own agenda here.

The goal should be saving the alt market from descending into chaos with 100000000000000's of alts.

Also these 50% 75% premined coins are really getting out of hand. They need to give that premine over to safe hands ie escrow level bct members for safe holding until the air drops. Personally i do not see how a few hundred people can afford to bail out millions of people anyway, the entire premise of these coins seems improbable to downright insane.

There are a few big hash whales that alone can damage a big percentage of coins, however these are mostly the mid-sized (1gh), smaller, dead or dying ones.

Some of these new popular releases get 8GH in a short period of time, we need a lot of people on board to smash these down.  We need a lot of people on board to make this work.

We have enough alts now, more coming in are making alt coins all look worthless. It will be positive for everyone really if this takes place. However it has to have a start date in the future, we can't expect much support if we start taking down communities that have had investment from the small miners that have done nothing dishonest...they have just tried to mine and get some coins. I don't like the idea of killing their coins since most will be left with nothing and turned against crypto for perhaps good.

Let's get as many people on board as possible for this.

Even just encouraging some fair release protocols would be a good start. I mean coins with zero innovation... ltc or qrk clones just copy and pasted with a new name are pointless unless they have a specific goal that is clearly outlined and would be of benefit to the crypto community or some other cause that is certain to take place. By certain to take place i mean the coins are held by escrow level bct members until given to that specific cause.

I don't really agree with censorship nor regulation in general with regard crypto. However scams are doing damage to the community at large and need to be halted.  Ipo must be escrow from now on. These coins also that pop up from 0 rated devs are scams too, they do not support their coins and they are scamming normal miners but doing this. People waste time and electricity mining and then the dev dumps his instamine or premine and sets up a new account to create another coin and does it over again. He neglects his previous coins leaving it to die and the miners are now all bagholders. This is a scam and needs to be taken care of. If we are smart we can devise a fair protocol to stop these kinds of things. However it does have to be a fair protocol and not just end up being seen as established miners killing off competition.

We need to

find away to stop ipo scams - escrow

find away to stop dev teams pumping dumping and ditching their creations -  only devs with history and that have been part of the crypto community for a while and that have some reputation

find away to stop pointless clones or push them to the fringe - ? not sure of the best way - perhaps a stream of posters to highlight the fact on every thread that pops up ...asking justify this release other than self enrichment, has it got a purpose?

find away to demonstrate to miners that joining this group is beneficial to all in the end - education is key here

find away to create a stable union against crap/scam coins for long term -

needs to be democratic with a spokesman of good unquestionable good repute - probably not one of any of us currently in this thread.

it is a huge project to get correct, but if done correctly will make a big difference to the alt community.

mgburks77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:41:44 PM

decentralized=chaos

free market=chaos

universe=chaos
majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:43:31 PM

hey OP

Help me understand your artwork here. Forgive me if I haven't ready every post and don't understand all the intricacies of Operation Shitcoin.

It seems that this vigilante group is going to attack pools - (resources) that 'support' 'ShitCoins.'

Are pool operators going to get a warning first? Will you burn a cross on our front lawns before you begin your attack? Or will we face the noose without trial?

mgburks77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

decentralized=chaos

free market=chaos

universe=chaos

chaos = definition by Humans they can not understand.

Exactly, all of those things have an underlying order that is spontaneous. This is the basis for chaos theory, as free market dogma.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:48:23 PM

I really love this idea, and the people attacking it have to understand this is perfectly legitimate. When you create decentralised currencies, alls fair on either side of the fence, and so this is simply the market at work.

The market is oversaturated. So many crapcoins sharing BTC between them that every coin suffers because of it. The real reason alts are going down isn't because Bitcoin is going down. Sure there's a correlation, but it's much worse than that. There are just way too many tradable altcoins, and there's only so much Bitcoin to spread between them.

If a coin has legitimately strong support, what does it have to worry about?

Yeah, we get it. 'Crap coins' are diluting the market for your favorite 'real coins.' Sounds like people are losing money and going to attack others who are doing the same thing as them.

Attacks like that will cause plenty of financial damages to innocent parties as well. Not everyone out there is well-versed on what drama has occurred for which coin.

That said, I'm not even arguing about the quality of launches. For the last 10 days there have been numerous cases of countdown clocks not working, no wallets at release, scam IPOs etc.

It seems to me that many people who have been getting their fingers burned have probably learned.

Yelling 'ShitCoin' in every thread just pushes the thread to the top and forces people to choose sides. No arguing means the thread (and the coin) floats to the bottom and down the hole.

Maybe it would be more constructive to create educational threads that teach people why it's bad to support certain coins and launches, how to long out for scams, etc etc.

Just my two cents  Grin

Not my favourite coins. All coins. This effects every single coin on the market. Not just the ones I hold. The ones you hold. The ones everyone holds. There is only so much BTC to spread between them.

Hell, I might even be holding a few crapcoins myself. But I'd rather see them dead and buried if it means the actually innovative coins, with real developers behind them, actually stand a chance of being successful.

It seems a bit hypocritical that so many people are happy with pump and dumps, yet you dare suggest taking a coin down, and somehow you're an enemy of the system. There needs to be some sense of balance, and right now the market is becoming increasingly diluted, and we're all losing out because of it.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
mgburks77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

Also social deviance and innovation are closely linked from a sociological perspective.

But that may be a little over the pay grade of many posting here.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

Also social deviance and innovation are closely linked from a sociological perspective.

I believe this thread is just a natural progression of the cryptocurrency market. It's attempting to correct itself. You can't have markets expand indefinitely. It's like entropy. Eventually the market will suffer heat death and die.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
mgburks77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:53:41 PM

I believe this thread is just a natural progression of the cryptocurrency market. It's attempting to correct itself. You can't have markets expand indefinitely. It's like entropy. Eventually the market will suffer heat death and die.

I agree with that. It's a process. The question is whether the process will transcend previous paradigms and become some thing of value, a new creation in the service of humanity or will it become only more of the same stagnation that has come before.
SZZT

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:54:59 PM

hey OP

Help me understand your artwork here. Forgive me if I haven't ready every post and don't understand all the intricacies of Operation Shitcoin.
It seems that this vigilante group is going to attack pools - (resources) that 'support' 'ShitCoins.'
Are pool operators going to get a warning first? Will you burn a cross on our front lawns before you begin your attack? Or will we face the noose without trial?

The "take the pool down, one at a time" was a creative addition by me. If they start attacking pools or whatever i do not know.
But it would be an interesting development, seeing a few miners attacking those coins.

I really cant help you with those questions, but if you are a pool operator with one of the targets, GL.

majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:57:46 PM

hey OP

The "take the pool down, one at a time" was a creative addition by me. If they start attacking pools or whatever i do not know.
But it would be an interesting development, seeing a few miners attacking those coins.

I really cant help you with those questions, but if you are a pool operator with one of the targets, GL.

So 'DDos'ing' the pools was your addition? LOL.

I have to be honest guys - ShitCoins aren't great...agreed. Many people are trying to profiteer lately.

That said forming a 'Hate Group' to commit 'Hate Crimes' is not exactly a moment of genius for the crypto-currency movement  Grin

BTW, if you're anonymous how can we be sure you aren't a pool operator of a rival coin doing this for your own selfish interests?

SZZT

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:12:45 PM

well, thats not how i see it Grin

i find the devs of those scam pump&dump schemes to be the haters of the crypto community.
So to me, this initiative seems interesting to say the least.

What;s your excuse?

paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:14:50 PM

Spaincoin without a Spanish website is the perfect example.

Euh. Devs mantain a thread here, a website and a blog. Bilingual. Yes, they use english to appeal to the world. One of the cryptocurrencies goals is to break boundaries.
Your efforts specifically are the opposite. You aim for control, few individuals dictating "whats correct" or "morally acceptable".

Theres a word for that. Nothing new under the sun, tho. I watched this since 1997. Fascist IRC channel ops, Forum moderators, Board Inquisitors, even Programming Language theorists. Haters of Windows, Mac, Android, Sony, you name it. People talking and spamming until your ears bleed about why u suck if you use this program, this code, this app, this gadget. Preachers of specific trends, worshippers of fads that 2 years later dissapear from forums to re-appear with another nick in the new early adopter stuff.

All teaching us wheres the real TRUTH and why we are sinners if we do, watch, see or touch the devil.

Get a life. Or have a dog. Your self-steem will rise a lot.

EDIT.- Oh, and the Anonymous logo. Don't make me even start. They are exactly the opposite to what youre trying to do here. They are about freedom. Wise up.

This space is for lease, apparently.
majorminers

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:17:39 PM

well, thats not how i see it Grin

i find the devs of those scam pump&dump schemes to be the haters of the crypto community.
So to me, this initiative seems interesting to say the least.

What;s your excuse?

What's my excuse for what?

Where is the 'Shit-List?' I want to see who's on it.

I hope you also plan on attacking miners and not just pools. Maybe go their houses and beat them up in front of the kids or something like that. Maybe stuff the wallets with viruses to 'teach people a lesson.' There's so many great ideas that are borne of hatred, I'm sure you can think of more.

Plus you'll need to hack the exchanges. Heck, maybe learn how to control the media so you have real influence.

Or you could try education and persuasion. Maybe a bit of Ghandhi and Martin Luther King over Arafat and Malcolm X. History shows that peaceful protest works very well.

mgburks77

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:23:27 PM

Since operation shitcoins seems to be devoid of any significant intellectual component I'm just going to go ahead and ignore it from now on.
SZZT

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:25:15 PM

ah, the old "throw out a few big historical names" card.
What's my excuse for what?
What is your excuse for wanting shity 50% premine pump&dump scams online.
What is your excuse for wanting shity 50% premine pump&dump scamdevs promoted..

What i see here is a free market opportunity.
I see the people rising up against the premine cancer, so yeah, kill those coins.

edit: on the shitlist Grin Grin, lurk moar, its not hidden

paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:26:39 PM

Not my favourite coins. All coins. This effects every single coin on the market. Not just the ones I hold. The ones you hold. The ones everyone holds. There is only so much BTC to spread between them.

Hell, I might even be holding a few crapcoins myself. But I'd rather see them dead and buried if it means the actually innovative coins, with real developers behind them, actually stand a chance of being successful.

It seems a bit hypocritical that so many people are happy with pump and dumps, yet you dare suggest taking a coin down, and somehow you're an enemy of the system. There needs to be some sense of balance, and right now the market is becoming increasingly diluted, and we're all losing out because of it.

I agree on this piece. But i think the market needs to do that. The natural selection. Not a Gorilla and some dudes spreading hate. Again, all this thing is about liberty. If we start dictating what initiative is good or bad we already lost.
Another thing should be to inform. Information is power, but also the ultimate salvation for all.
If some shitcoin erupts, and we all know about it and spread the info proving that sucks, no one will fall on it.
Thats what i think.

This space is for lease, apparently.
SZZT

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:28:56 PM

but the people are the markets.
So when some people decide to go that way, well its the markets asking for shitcoins to die.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: