Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The return of ICOs  (Read 2861 times)
R-Anon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 02:57:50 AM

I think if the cryptocurrency market returns to its previous state, the ICO will also return. Currently the cryptocurrency situation is very bad so the ICOs are scared. So I think if the market is good then different companies will come back again.

I agree with this sentiment. Remember folks, ICO's dont necessarily mean the project in question is doing a start up for a "currency". Token models can be for any use case. If that use case can work on paper (hence the white paper) then the next phase is to see IF it can or will work in the real world. Cryptocurrency is an entire market with basically infinite potential use cases. This tech is still basically brand new and untapped. Not to mention the market cap of all crypto is tiny, especially for a global market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 03:10:46 AM

I think if the cryptocurrency market returns to its previous state, the ICO will also return. Currently the cryptocurrency situation is very bad so the ICOs are scared. So I think if the market is good then different companies will come back again.

I agree with this sentiment. Remember folks, ICO's dont necessarily mean the project in question is doing a start up for a "currency". Token models can be for any use case. If that use case can work on paper (hence the white paper) then the next phase is to see IF it can or will work in the real world. Cryptocurrency is an entire market with basically infinite potential use cases. This tech is still basically brand new and untapped. Not to mention the market cap of all crypto is tiny, especially for a global market.
There is no arguments about the purpose of ICO tokens because each one has its own promises.

But the problem is are they really going towards Roadmap?the answer is no because all they wanted is to fool investors and take their money ,rest for a while and again promote another project to make another scam.
This is the sad reality of ICO so please let us not protect these scammers mate.
sammy21

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 03:18:55 AM

There is no arguments about the purpose of ICO tokens because each one has its own promises.

But the problem is are they really going towards Roadmap?the answer is no because all they wanted is to fool investors and take their money ,rest for a while and again promote another project to make another scam.
This is the sad reality of ICO so please let us not protect these scammers mate.
of course, we must forget ICO. those who hope to reach ATH back with ICO I think that will not happen. ICO has become a fraud. and now there is a better system that we must support. how to make this system produce more successful projects than fraudulent projects.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   SIGN UP   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   [      Twitter      ] [    Telegram    ]   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2020, 03:31:42 AM

I do not see the glory of the ICO will rise, because in my opinion the ICO fund collection model is not suitable and the time is over. The track record of many bad ICOs and the need for available market guarantees is what investors need. The fundraising model for starup will continue to change dynamically.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 03:35:14 AM

ICO won't make a comeback, it was good but has it's flaws which IEO helped fix, some are comparing DeFi to ICO, saying it will be like ICO, if this is true then we should be expecting some bubble soon, I don't believe this though since DeFi projects raise money through IEO
DEFI was a bubble and it's similar to the ICO or IEO. You should see that fact how so many new DEFIs were getting hyped so much by the investors or even new traders. I suggest you to take a look at how compound was going to be a big thing instantly.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
bayudndy

Activity: 823
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 10:39:33 AM

ICO won't make a comeback, it was good but has it's flaws which IEO helped fix, some are comparing DeFi to ICO, saying it will be like ICO, if this is true then we should be expecting some bubble soon, I don't believe this though since DeFi projects raise money through IEO
DEFI was a bubble and it's similar to the ICO or IEO. You should see that fact how so many new DEFIs were getting hyped so much by the investors or even new traders. I suggest you to take a look at how compound was going to be a big thing instantly.
Well, I'm also waiting for DeFi to explode in the future. It is inflated and many investors are stuck with it, I believe in the next few months there will be many DeFi projects collapsed and causing many investors to lose money. And like you said, it's exactly the same as ICO
Taufik blackspade team

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 10:42:30 AM

Well, I'm also waiting for DeFi to explode in the future. It is inflated and many investors are stuck with it, I believe in the next few months there will be many DeFi projects collapsed and causing many investors to lose money. And like you said, it's exactly the same as ICO
the market response is not too visible I think. determine the collapse of the market I think is still too fast. we must look deeper into all the possibilities that can happen. currently, we are in a state of the market that is a little difficult to make choices.
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 11:08:38 AM

ICOs do not exist in this market, there are so many scam projects in the past and it makes people lose faith in ICOs. Now we have IEO, and it's a good way to help new projects raise funds and keep investors safe when they want to invest in new projects.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 03:30:17 PM

ICOs do not exist in this market, there are so many scam projects in the past and it makes people lose faith in ICOs. Now we have IEO, and it's a good way to help new projects raise funds and keep investors safe when they want to invest in new projects.
Well, IEO is still a lot of interest even though it often fails after listing on the stock exchange but at least investors' money is not taken away like ICO held by themselves, so I think IEO with quality projects will produce good tokens and we always support it with a new project.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
arufox

Activity: 1080
Merit: 193

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 03:40:42 PM

I think ICO season already over, developers can run away with funds, after ICO the team leave the project and many more, coin not listing in exchanges, the point is so risky. And now IEO comes to make solution for both developers and investors. Developers will gain so much funds also investors will happy because after IEO they can sell it the token in exchanges which doing IEO.
ideaology
Copper Member

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2020, 07:45:05 PM

I do not see the glory of the ICO will rise, because in my opinion the ICO fund collection model is not suitable and the time is over. The track record of many bad ICOs and the need for available market guarantees is what investors need. The fundraising model for starup will continue to change dynamically.

Most ICOs ultimately did not even have a real product and tried to rely on the community which are willing but not knowledgable in these types of investments. All projects that are willing to bring some value to the market and users won't go to the ICO without (at least) MVP. ... Furthermore, the ICO is more suited for making an initial community, not just to raise money.

Impacto

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 09:06:58 PM

No project no matter how good it is will raise any money with ICO. Its era has gone and no one will go back to it again. We will only look forward to have another model that will ensure investor fund safety and good project.

❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰
❱ Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols ❰
https://yearner.finance
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 11:24:44 PM

ICO is still exist in this market and people have already started to build their trust again with the trusted icos and mostly people have been forgetting to deal with the scam ico and scammers can't do the old trick again.
Some IEO have become scam IEO too and this time investors are looking for a trusted project whatever it's ICO or IEO

|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 03:14:53 AM

ICO is still exist in this market and people have already started to build their trust again with the trusted icos and mostly people have been forgetting to deal with the scam ico and scammers can't do the old trick again.
Some IEO have become scam IEO too and this time investors are looking for a trusted project whatever it's ICO or IEO
ICO and IEO are always the 2 most risky investments in this market, but for now IEO seems to be better because if guaranteed is listed, investors may not spend too much time waiting. However, you should only choose high liquidity exchanges like Binance, Kucoin or Okex because these are places where you can make a profit and 100% you can liquidate at any time if you like.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 03:20:42 AM

although ICO still exists, but I think there is no recent development of ICO at this time. I don't even see a successful project with ICO this year. The ICO might come back, but I think investors have lost their interest in the ICO system. Well, IEO is better than ICO, it's just that IEO also doesn't guarantee that we avoid scammers.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 03:39:35 AM

At the moment, ICOs are only for scam projects and don't have an operational budget. And I believe that investors know about that and they are avoiding them. Should only be concerned about IEO in the major exchanges in this market, it will help investors to get profits when investing.
Ani_

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 04:09:50 AM

I do not agree. Going straight to listings, without proper time-to-market or product, directly influence the growth of scam/bot exchanges. The basic idea of the model is very good: credibility, price stability, access to exchange's data userbase, crowd sale is hosted on the exchange...but this gave huge power to exchanges, without proper regulation/licensing.

I've supported projects to communicate the value (brand/marketing), and helped one of the 1st biggest ICOs in 2017 to raise funds...and more than 15 ICOs and IEOs, and 2 STOs till now...and must say that IEOs make me more problems than ICOs. Why: 1 - bot exchanges, 2 - fees are amazingly high to withdraw money plus they push you to go public with them and than to give you raised funds, 3 - projects are rashing to exchange without vision, product, users..which further led to the extreme numbers of projects listed so users do not know how to recognize a good one, worth investing...

What happened is that companies tend to choose 'the model which works' no matter is it the right one for their business. We can see that everywhere - exploitation of 'what works' until it becomes a scam.

It is sad that happened, but i do hope things will come to its place...will that be ICO/IEO or fundraise...there is substantial room for improvement in the cryptocurrency-based fundraising ecosystem.
Ani_

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 04:17:48 AM

Most ICOs ultimately did not even have a real product and tried to rely on the community which are willing but not knowledgable in these types of investments. All projects that are willing to bring some value to the market and users won't go to the ICO without (at least) MVP. ... Furthermore, the ICO is more suited for making an initial community, not just to raise money.

Agree. Plus, projects tend to present their ICO/IEOs as a product...it is not. It's just a cost-effective pre-funding model which can save the time-to-market and help to build a community.
SyndicateLabs

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 04:21:19 AM

ICO and IEO are always the 2 most risky investments in this market, but for now IEO seems to be better because if guaranteed is listed, investors may not spend too much time waiting. However, you should only choose high liquidity exchanges like Binance, Kucoin or Okex because these are places where you can make a profit and 100% you can liquidate at any time if you like.
IEO is only at risk if you participate in the IEO of small exchanges in this market. Like P2PB2B, Latoken and Chainx exchanges, these are scam exchanges and you will definitely lose money when investing in projects there.
Ani_

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 04:30:25 AM

IEO is only at risk if you participate in the IEO of small exchanges in this market. Like P2PB2B, Latoken and Chainx exchanges, these are scam exchanges and you will definitely lose money when investing in projects there.

True. plus many more...they play with projects and keep them busy with that so they can not work on their product and other processes...just fighting with a scam. sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: