Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:13:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The return of ICOs  (Read 2861 times)
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 12:49:19 PM

It would be nice to have ICO's return back to the cryptocurrency industry. Though they were once popular before the advent of IEO. I know IEO are very expensive for the projects. I know projects that paid substantial sums for IEO and didn't get any sales. The best exchange to be used for tokensales are the big exchange like binance and others. They guarantee a good buy within short periods of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:29:55 PM

I'm of the opinion that ICO's are gone for good. The Cryptocurrency industry once gave it a shot and it was compromised by several scam projects who parted away with investors funds and gave the industry a bad reputation. Since people have lost trust in ICO's, we were introduced to the IEO and that's also on the verge of extinction. I do hope a better approach to raising funds in the space would be discovered and utilized.
Indeed, ICOs have made many people lose. So I believe that no one will ever venture to invest in it again. In 2018 I lost more than $ 12k just because of ICOs, and I never trust any ICOs since then.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
josgandosbro

Activity: 561
Merit: 101

https://imgur.com/cUCkVsv

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:35:47 PM

I do hope a better approach to raising funds in the space would be discovered and utilized.
of course there will be other ways to sell tokens, maybe binance will make a new way, we don't know. what we need to do now is keep investing in IEO on the top exchange and forget ICO

torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 03:06:32 PM

I'm of the opinion that ICO's are gone for good. The Cryptocurrency industry once gave it a shot and it was compromised by several scam projects who parted away with investors funds and gave the industry a bad reputation. Since people have lost trust in ICO's, we were introduced to the IEO and that's also on the verge of extinction. I do hope a better approach to raising funds in the space would be discovered and utilized.
Indeed, ICOs have made many people lose. So I believe that no one will ever venture to invest in it again. In 2018 I lost more than $ 12k just because of ICOs, and I never trust any ICOs since then.
If that's your own decision I respect what you have been taking but I just realize if the fact that some icos have been starting to get a lot of funds again from the market. That means if everything is still fine right now but the investors actively DYOR to the any ICO.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 03:33:52 PM

I do hope a better approach to raising funds in the space would be discovered and utilized.
of course there will be other ways to sell tokens, maybe binance will make a new way, we don't know. what we need to do now is keep investing in IEO on the top exchange and forget ICO
I think it is not necessary to create new ways to sell tokens. IEO will be the best and safe way for all participants, as long as it is done by large exchanges, I believe that investors will always be profitable with IEO.

yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 07:31:40 PM

Of course, return ICO is possible. But after the disappointment it has brought to many investors, I don't think it will be easy to gain trust. People are learning from their mistakes and are now choosing a safer method of investing in a project.
ideaology
Copper Member

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2020, 05:29:17 AM

I think that investors will be putting only their money into the ico that has already showed a very good progress but it's not yet dead.
[/quote]

Agreed. Projects with a proven purpose and a good prototype will always be able to use the ICO model.

ElmedoRator

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 11:22:56 AM

Of course, return ICO is possible. But after the disappointment it has brought to many investors, I don't think it will be easy to gain trust. People are learning from their mistakes and are now choosing a safer method of investing in a project.
How can ICOs return when investors have lost faith in it? If you want the ICO to return to the way it was in 2017, the projects need to be really serious and profitable for investors, then investor confidence will return and they will continue to invest into the ICO

lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 11:42:29 AM

How can ICOs return when investors have lost faith in it? If you want the ICO to return to the way it was in 2017, the projects need to be really serious and profitable for investors, then investor confidence will return and they will continue to invest into the ICO
Indeed its hard to trust on ICOs because of scam and I think investors are now careful not to repeat the mistakes they did before trusting the ICO then receive nothing in return but losses and disappointment. If you learned from those experiences then you are wise now not to trust again and careful when investing even outside crypto.

Jonyshake71

Activity: 337
Merit: 10

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 06:17:24 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2020, 05:43:11 AM by Jonyshake71

Not all of new IEOs are scam. If everyone think like you, then no new projects would going to be succesuful. IEOs which are launched by Top exchanges, are good. Because they check a lots of documents when small exchange don't asked anything except money

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
saint_casanova

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 07:04:52 PM

ICO seem to be being forgotten and will definitely be difficult to attract as before. However, in recent times a lot of potential ICO projects for investors and are starting to return. Of course, investors have become smarter, and they always check carefully when choosing to invest. I'm not sure about the future of ICO, but I believe that ICO will be an integral part of the crypto market.
Most of ICOs are scam. Why should anyone take risk investi on ICOs, when they have oppourtunity to invest on IEOs? IEOs token might be dump but investors atleast sell that token on exchange and can get a little amount of money. On the contrary, ICOs would scam everything from investors. So return of the ICOs is not possible cause nobody would accept it anymore
Yes, from the investor's view, ICO doesn't bring any benefit for investors compared to IEO so why using it at all? No matter how good a project try to be or sound like to be, investors always want to have more choice and backup plans for their side. Able to sell back in exchange is one of these benefits so why settle for something less?
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 07:14:45 PM

There is no way they can come back but I think IEO will live on for a long time However, it is expected that a new way will be invented instead of ICO, but just wait. There is also a large team researching whether there is another way to sell tokens that will continue with IEO.

Amonymous ICO's will not return with the same power they had years ago, but we will see some new projects trying
ICO way for funding their plans and ideas. We can't say it's a bad way, for some projects it was great. And if it's done
correctly I think that ICO can be good as IEO. Both have the same purpose to gather funds for project development.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 07:15:46 PM

No matter how you put it, some ICOs have launched recently and were successful, most under the DEFI category. AVAX launched ICO and succeeded hugely. Personally even if someone gives me free money and says invest in ICO, I won't invest since I got hit badly before. People still make money from ICO but many still get scammed, recently one DEFI ICO sold out in minutes, just by doing token sale in popular telegram groups. People get scammed more than those who make money from ICO, so it's somewhat baseless right now generally speaking for wise investors.
ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 07:21:27 PM

It is unlikely that ICOs will no longer be a profitable investment tool like the hype in 2017. As we can see that ICO fraud is increasingly rampant, it has been 2 years that hundreds or even thousands of ICO projects have ended in SCAM. and this has an impact on the confidence of investors who are reluctant to invest in ICOs again.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 05:31:51 PM

There is no way they can come back but I think IEO will live on for a long time However, it is expected that a new way will be invented instead of ICO, but just wait. There is also a large team researching whether there is another way to sell tokens that will continue with IEO.

Amonymous ICO's will not return with the same power they had years ago, but we will see some new projects trying
ICO way for funding their plans and ideas. We can't say it's a bad way, for some projects it was great. And if it's done
correctly I think that ICO can be good as IEO. Both have the same purpose to gather funds for project development.
IEO is one of the ways to increase the fund, but in that case a good project will provide of popular exchange. but some bad project wanna added IEO in shit exchange like by latoken. also they are called pure scam and I will never support them. It is important to understand that investing should not be rushed because the capital will go to the second person.
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 06:49:53 PM

The time of ICO has passed irrevocably. Investors are disappointed in this type of investment, and no longer want to risk their funds in vain, as it was two years ago. IEO is more attractive for this.
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 08:27:32 PM

If they are met every criterion you said then yes, being ICO or IEO doesn't matter as long as they're a legitimate business. But that is it, nothing would make a normal crypto project goes for ICO and won't cause a return of ICOs.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 07:17:08 PM

I do not recommend any serious or legitimate project to launch ICO. ICO has gotten a bad reputation in this crypto space and most investors will think twice before participating. So, it is not about the project itself, but rather the reputation that ICOs in the past had gotten. I do not see the return of ICOs. There are now other working alternatives to fundraising.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
funex

Activity: 573

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2020, 10:00:31 PM

IEO is replacing ICO people were no more comfortable with ICOs due to a lot  of scam ICO hat came up during that time . so with the emergence of IEO investors feel more comfortable trusting IEO . What i don't know is whether or not some people still believe in ICO.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 11:27:00 PM

I think it is not necessary to create new ways to sell tokens. IEO will be the best and safe way for all participants, as long as it is done by large exchanges, I believe that investors will always be profitable with IEO.
IEO is a very safe way to raise the funds as it will also give a guarantee to the investors. Some ICOs have been coming up again. It looks like the competition between ICO and IEO will continue in the future.
Only IEO on good exchange site that regularly give good ROI.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: