Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:31:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The return of ICOs  (Read 2861 times)
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 02:03:32 AM

The problem is how we can get the trust from investors again, because many investors has been scammed by many ICO in the past.
If there are many crypto projects that really profiting investors, then investors won't be afraid to invest their money in ICO projects.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 03:30:53 AM

Investors have lost faith in the ICO, which is why we see IEO at the moment. It is much better and safer than an ICO, I think you should not waste your time with an ICO because no project will really succeed in this form.
although like that not all IEOs can become a place for safe investment because some cases of IEO in some new exchange sites cannot be profitable and sometimes there is also a scam, the point is when you want to participate in an IEO then you have to find a trusted exchange place like Binance exchange .
because of this, thinking of an ICO again is believed to be very difficult, unless they have something that makes investors trust them very much. in addition, there is a higher system than ICO, IEO. it's just that, even IEO also requires deep research before supporting it, because many IEOs become scams after the list on the exchange is not so large.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 06:54:57 AM

The problem is how we can get the trust from investors again, because many investors has been scammed by many ICO in the past.
If there are many crypto projects that really profiting investors, then investors won't be afraid to invest their money in ICO projects.
You don't even need to ask about such question because when the project was reputable enough and the investors will never feel doubt to invest their money on the project (ICO).
ICO has already started to be recovered again this year.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 07:11:18 AM

Any project that's good enough can use ICO or any other crowdfunding ways to raise money and still become successful, what's more important is the utility of the project not the fundraising strategy they want to use

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
SyndicateLabs

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 08:22:05 AM

ICOs are good if the projects are reputable and have many partners. I believe that investors will fully trust and invest in them. But if small and shady projects carry out an ICO then I believe they will never reach their goals because it's too dangerous for investors.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2020, 01:14:28 PM

Not every project has the ability to have real support from rated cryptocurrency exchanges in order to conduct an IEO. This is why ICOs still have a chance to exist. If there are real opportunities to protect investors and certain guarantees, then the opinion about the ICO will change very quickly.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 02:05:37 PM

ICOs are good if the projects are reputable and have many partners. I believe that investors will fully trust and invest in them. But if small and shady projects carry out an ICO then I believe they will never reach their goals because it's too dangerous for investors.
How good the ico will have determined by the investors itself. There was a lot of scam icos in the past didn't mean the trusted ico is dead right now. I think that people should aware of this if the legit ico will always exist forever.
Henrytrust
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 02:22:23 PM

Guys, do you think that ICOs could make a come back? I do and here is why. Every year dozens of companies raise money in Silicon Valley for startups, many pre revenue. Also, with the economy injured from nCov19, it would make sense to allow for new economies. This would include letting new startups in Blockchain raise money, and imo if they are well vetted, and trusted by the community, they should be allowed to raise money. What do you think?

It's a good idea for projects to be allowed to raise fund from the community, but the issue is that many unscrupulous projects have drained the ICO process and that has brought about great distress and distrust in the cryptocurrency space. I personally would think twice before joining any ICO because of the experiences I had in the past and I guess several other persons would do likewise.
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 04:59:34 PM

How good the ico will have determined by the investors itself. There was a lot of scam icos in the past didn't mean the trusted ico is dead right now. I think that people should aware of this if the legit ico will always exist forever.
If you are a professional investor, I believe you will have many ways to verify new ICOs, which is why now people no longer trust in ICOs. Because they know which ICOs are good and which ones are scam
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 10:23:16 PM

For the sake of the team reputation and the project excellent record, it won't be good to avoid using ICO for fund raising. ICO got bad reputation and it is know to be another form of scam. Avoid it for GOOD. No project with ICO will want to be associate with.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
Police Indo

Activity: 649
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2020, 11:11:24 PM

-snip-
If you are a professional investor, I believe you will have many ways to verify new ICOs, which is why now people no longer trust in ICOs. Because they know which ICOs are good and which ones are scam
It doesn't matter if an ICO will be held, so many ICOs have sprung up and become a  trend again. I am sure that many people have learned from the past about ICO scams, so the potential for loss is small. with Cov-19 causing people to have many ideas, I hope the ICO project that arises is coming from creative ideas

Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 05:40:22 AM

We will see few new projects using ICO to raise fund and they will become successful and that's it, projects who will still use ICO in 2020 have confidence that's why, they knew ICO is outdated but still they believe they will come out with good result and they proceed 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 10:23:59 AM

NOt realy, it does not seem logical.
There are too many projects out there, with their wothless coins , it makes making moeny by getting your new coin noticed so much harder and every day it just gets harder and harder. Therefore th ICO market will never blossom as it did before.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
MadeMen
Copper Member

Activity: 389

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 03:04:29 PM

The point is that some projects still carry out successful ICO's. It's just that they're few and many people have lost trust in ICO's owing to the issues we had with Scammers floating several projects and cashing out, leaving investors stranded. The rate of successful projects is dwindling, due to the nature of the industry and its rather unwise for one to join in new projects when there are several good existing ones in the space.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 04:03:54 PM

We will see few new projects using ICO to raise fund and they will become successful and that's it, projects who will still use ICO in 2020 have confidence that's why, they knew ICO is outdated but still they believe they will come out with good result and they proceed 
Yes, and in order to gain that confidence, the project needs to be great. Like the AVAX project, they raised more than $ 40 million from the ICO very easily. It shows that their project is very good and interested by many people, it's hard to see an ICO that can be so successful at the moment.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
elementaryOS

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 05:12:17 PM

I don't see any sense to allow ICOs to return would benefit us. If there are project that well vetted and trusted by the community, I'm sure they will find success without ICOs so we don't need to welcome ICOs when IEOs still a thing. But who knows? Maybe because the market is in booming so few ICO can take advance of it and success?
arufox

Activity: 1080
Merit: 193

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 05:54:04 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2020, 06:13:39 PM by arufox

Guys, do you think that ICOs could make a come back? I do and here is why. Every year dozens of companies raise money in Silicon Valley for startups, many pre revenue. Also, with the economy injured from nCov19, it would make sense to allow for new economies. This would include letting new startups in Blockchain raise money, and imo if they are well vetted, and trusted by the community, they should be allowed to raise money. What do you think?
My answers is NO, ICO can't come back. If your reason about companies in silicon valley, i don't know about that company, but i think it's different between investing in that company and investing in ICO. People invest in ICO because they want to make profits, but so many project using ICO turn into scam and their purpose cannot to achieved, that's why people don't believe in ICO anymore
Oneandpure

Activity: 2044
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 06:11:40 PM

Yes, and in order to gain that confidence, the project needs to be great. Like the AVAX project, they raised more than $ 40 million from the ICO very easily. It shows that their project is very good and interested by many people, it's hard to see an ICO that can be so successful at the moment.
Success on ICO project is not how much their coin sold out, but how keep responsibility with the developer keep build their ICO coin stable on higher price by listing with bigger exchange market, we can see many ICO success with raise hard cap selling but always make investor lost their money after listing on small exchange market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
AbNewton

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 06:15:09 PM

Success on ICO project is not how much their coin sold out, but how keep responsibility with the developer keep build their ICO coin stable on higher price by listing with bigger exchange market, we can see many ICO success with raise hard cap selling but always make investor lost their money after listing on small exchange market.
This is why I never take any ICOs with their boasting about how much fun they have raised high. Yeah yeah, we get it you able to raise a lot of funds for development thanks to a success ICO sale but can they maintain the same record after that? Many ICOs have price drops lower than the ICO price and investors abandoned their project because of that.
Review Master

Activity: 1428
Merit: 275

BitByte Crypto: https://link3.to/bitbytecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 07:00:36 PM

It's true only for those projects which have some good potentials as well as real solution of newly invented problems not like other shit projects. Besides, if any of the team members have previous experience or already worked for serveral well-known crypto projects, that projects will be able to rise funds because all the investors are now careful about choosing any projects which are doing ICO and choose only those which might be successful, IMO.

▄▄ BITBYTE CRYPTO ▄▄
Be A Crypto Veteran Together
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   TWITTER | TG GROUP | TG CHANNEL | YOUTUBE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: