Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:06:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262677 times)
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 01:35:34 AM

I checked the first post but its not really informing. I see the list of donators, ok but no list of accepted NPOs.

And did only 4 NPOs currently receive donations? 100BTC each? Why such a high threshold? Its $63000 each. I wonder if it needs to be such a high threshold.

So wheres the list of accepted NPOs that will receive donations in the future?

More current info can be found at http://bitcoin100.org

Still around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:04:01 AM

Well, yes, it does matter, because those were the rules when most of the funds were donated to BTC100..
So it doesn't really matter if the charity in question is "good" or "bad", it'#s just that the funds can't be spent if they are religious, among other points.

Ente

Thanks Ente must have missed that criteria.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 08:55:32 PM

I checked the first post but its not really informing. I see the list of donators, ok but no list of accepted NPOs.

And did only 4 NPOs currently receive donations? 100BTC each? Why such a high threshold? Its $63000 each. I wonder if it needs to be such a high threshold.

Thanks... so its really a huge list of NPOs that most probably never will get a donation because for some reason the donation has to be that high. I think more good could be done with many smaller donations but thats not up to me.

I would have asked if a political movement trying to fight lobbying, which in most cases lead to people living a worse life, matches the list criteria but when i see the amount of NPOs in the queue it looks like it doesnt matter anyway. Wink

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:02:59 PM

Thanks... so its really a huge list of NPOs that most probably never will get a donation because for some reason the donation has to be that high. I think more good could be done with many smaller donations but thats not up to me.

I would have asked if a political movement trying to fight lobbying, which in most cases lead to people living a worse life, matches the list criteria but when i see the amount of NPOs in the queue it looks like it doesnt matter anyway. Wink

Every charity with a "BTC100" checkmark at http://bitcoin100.org/charities/ has received a donation from Bitcoin100. The checkmark png links to the transaction at blockchain.info.

From the front page:

Bitcoin100 donates the Bitcoin equivalent of $1000

Still around.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

Every charity with a "BTC100" checkmark at http://bitcoin100.org/charities/ has received a donation from Bitcoin100. The checkmark png links to the transaction at blockchain.info.

From the front page:

Bitcoin100 donates the Bitcoin equivalent of $1000

Wow, thats great... I never thought such a high amount would be donated already...

So is there a list of NPOs that might get a donation in the future so that i can see if the NPO i suggested matches the criteria?

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:54:52 AM

Wow, thats great... I never thought such a high amount would be donated already...

So is there a list of NPOs that might get a donation in the future so that i can see if the NPO i suggested matches the criteria?

Those are frequently posted here, mostly by Rassah.
Commenting on those is highly appreciated. BTC100 needs manpower the most, now.

Ente
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:29:43 AM

Those are frequently posted here, mostly by Rassah.
Commenting on those is highly appreciated. BTC100 needs manpower the most, now.

Ente

I checked his last posts and i only found a post where he asked for opinions about newly suggested NPOs.

So after comments came in there must be a list of NPOs that didnt yet receive donations but will get donations in the future. Is there a public list of that?

By the way... so many donations sent... i would await a couple of press releases mentioning it. Though the press-tab on bitcoin100 only shows news about projects accepting bitcoins. Is there a list of news mentioning those donations? They arent small and Bitcoin100 seems to be partly a bitcoin advertising project too.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:30:54 AM

Charities list to go over.

Sent: Mar 7

Hi Dmitry

The Global Peace Initiative Switzerland is a charitable, tax-exempt organization in Switzerland dedicated to promote peace in the world. Since approx. a month we are accepting Bitcoin donations. Here is our donation page (in German): http://www.friedensinitiative.ch/spenden

Can you include us on the Bitcoin 100 Charities list as a non-political, secular charity eligible to receive the Bitcoin equivalent of $1000?

Thank you.

Best wishes
Global Peace Initiative Switzerland

Felix Kaegi

Im not sure if this is religious. They claim they use the money to teach persons the peace techniques that came from a yogi. It sounds partly like it could be done to build persons that might help bring peace? somehow. But objectively it sounds like a school for teaching religious lessons from a sacred book. Im not sure what the result of such a peace tech pupil would be.

Sent: Mar 28

Dear Mr. Murashchik,

The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is a non-partisan, 501(c)3 organization. As a university-based research center, the Mercatus Center advances knowledge about how markets work to improve people’s lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems. We accept donations in Bitcoin at  http://mercatus.org/donate and would like to take advantage of Bitcoin100’s offer to donate the equivalent of $1000 to charities accepting Bitcoin donations.

Thank you for your consideration. I have attached our IRS letter certifying our nonprofit status.

Best wishes,

Sarah Jenislawski

It seems to be a (online?) university. Donating of course might help better the life of people like education will always do.

The difference seems to be that they try to "The Mercatus Center is a university-based research center dedicated to bridging the gap between academic research and public policy problems."

"The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems."

Sent: Apr 9

Dear Rassah and all of Bitcoin 100,
I currently work for a non-profit organization called More Than A Game that focuses on using soccer to give refugee youth the opportunity to grow in character, leadership, and teamwork through soccer camps, tournaments, and leagues. This summer, we'll be sending a team of soccer coaches over to Iraq to start up a sustainable soccer league in a Syrian refugee camp near Erbil. We recently began accepting BTC as an acceptable way of donating, and I was wondering if Bitcoin 100 would be interested in donating BTC to More Than A Game? Let me know if you are interested or would like more information!

Thanks!

John A. Chau
Outreach Coordinator

Looks like a classic charity. They seem to use football to first make competitions to collect money and second use football to better the life of refugees by having fun.

Sent: Apr 9

Hello Rassah!

I'm a board member of a non-profit in South Korea.  We coordinate safety and cleaning initiates all over the country for the rock climbing community.  I've recently heard a podcast about the bitcoin 100 on the Ltb network.  I'm very interested in providing bitcoin as a donation option on our website and was curious about the donation promotion your group is currently doing.  The site is KOTRi.org

Please let me know what actions we can take to move forward.

All the best,

Josh Fuller

The website is rather simple but it looks like they try to make climbing safer? They donate workpower to clean walls, recreate the wall for being safer and donate money to victims of climbing.

I only found other mentions of the website at the usual internet marketer promotion ways but nothing like wikipedia, bigger newspages or something.

Sent: May 8

Dear Mr. Rassah,

I was wondering if three organizations that I am involved with, Effective Altruism Switzerland, the Giordano Bruno Foundation and the Foundation Research Institute would be eligible for your program?

None of them currently accept bitcoin. If they begin to accept bitcoin will they be eligible to receive the bitcoin equivalent of $1,000?

Yours sincerely,

Jonas Vollmer

The first url http://effectivealtruism.ch is a pretty simple website. There is a movement effective altruism but it has a different url and is mentioned with it on wikipedia. So i dont know if this site here is real or only tries to mimic another project.

The domain http://www.giordano-bruno-stiftung.de seems real and tries to be a lobby for non religious people by spreading ideas of humanism and so on. They are religious critics it seems. At least they critizice that religious projects are paid by the state too and such things.

The domain is mentioned on wikipedia so the project seems real.

http://foundational-research.org
I didnt found the url widely used, the website looks easy but it seems the articles are unique.

Seems to be about humanism again. They try to think about how to better the life of people. Or stop suffering at least.

Let me know if those opinions are worth anything or if you look for something different.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:28:21 PM

Great to see you dig into this, Sebastian!

And yes, you are absolutely right, BTC100 deserves some press publicity for all there was already achieved.

Ente
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:15:44 PM

Great to see you dig into this, Sebastian!

And yes, you are absolutely right, BTC100 deserves some press publicity for all there was already achieved.

Ente

Not only that it deserves it... it would serve as proof that the coins reach the correct target too. Side effect would be bitcoins in the news. Dogecoin was very very successful with this.

Crystal100Percent

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:07:00 PM

I came across this charity run by university students in NZ - 100Percent.org.nz

They provide a platform for students to sign up & offer tutoring services, with 100% of fees earned going out to the tutors' charity of choice.
The site retains none of the revenue, and hence is dependent on donations to fund their operations and ongoing developments.
Their Donations Page already has a Bitcoin address. Sounds like they are a good charity to support.

Seems legit to me. Added.

Thank you so much for adding 100Percent to the list of charities in Bitcoin100. We really appreciate it. I was just wondering if there was anything we needed to do in order to receive the Bitcoins?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:19:32 AM

I has been given the tip about this thread here. Since i wanted to fight free trade agreements like TTIP (with their democracy undermining arbitration courts and following problems for citizens) i searched a political movement that accepts bitcoins and fight TTIP. I found Lobbycontrol eV http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbycontrol which is a not so small NPO fighting lobbying.

I asked them to accept Bitcoins and at the end i helped them setting up a way to donate Bitcoins with bitpay.com. Then i donated a nice amount of coins.

Here is the original thread in german about it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=574721.0;all

And here the link for donating bitcoins: https://www.lobbycontrol.de/unterstutzen/bitcoin-spenden/

Anyway... im not sure if the website matches this threads effort but it might be the case.

Thanks!

Seems kind of political. I'll have to investigate.

Global Peace Initiative Switzerland looks like a more-or-less religious organization, not at all secular. Doesn't qualify IMHO.

Agreed.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:31:21 AM

Sent: Mar 7

Hi Dmitry

The Global Peace Initiative Switzerland is a charitable, tax-exempt organization in Switzerland dedicated to promote peace in the world. Since approx. a month we are accepting Bitcoin donations. Here is our donation page (in German): http://www.friedensinitiative.ch/spenden

Im not sure if this is religious. They claim they use the money to teach persons the peace techniques that came from a yogi. It sounds partly like it could be done to build persons that might help bring peace? somehow. But objectively it sounds like a school for teaching religious lessons from a sacred book. Im not sure what the result of such a peace tech pupil would be.

I think "spiritual teachings" is kinda the same as religious, but that's me. It may be best to be cautious with this one.

The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is a non-partisan, 501(c)3 organization. As a university-based research center, the Mercatus Center advances knowledge about how markets work to improve people’s lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.

It seems to be a (online?) university. Donating of course might help better the life of people like education will always do.

They are here in DC, and I have attended some of their meetings. They basically put on free panels and seminars about economic... things... including one where they did a whole presentation on what is bitcoin and how it can affect the global economy. Most of the attendees were their own students, but they post research and information to the public on the web and other places too. I guess think of them as a research arm of the university that does "awareness education" about economics issues.

I currently work for a non-profit organization called More Than A Game that focuses on using soccer to give refugee youth the opportunity to grow in character, leadership, and teamwork through soccer camps, tournaments, and leagues.

Looks like a classic charity. They seem to use football to first make competitions to collect money and second use football to better the life of refugees by having fun.

Does this mean you approve?

Hello Rassah!

I'm a board member of a non-profit in South Korea.  We coordinate safety and cleaning initiates all over the country for the rock climbing community.  I've recently heard a podcast about the bitcoin 100 on the Ltb network.  I'm very interested in providing bitcoin as a donation option on our website and was curious about the donation promotion your group is currently doing.  The site is KOTRi.org

The website is rather simple but it looks like they try to make climbing safer? They donate workpower to clean walls, recreate the wall for being safer and donate money to victims of climbing.

I only found other mentions of the website at the usual internet marketer promotion ways but nothing like wikipedia, bigger newspages or something.

Bruno (Phinneas Gage) used to check their domain WHOIS info to make sure that they have been around for a while, and their archives on https://archive.org/web/ to make sure they haven't been accepting bitcoin recently, and that they didn't just come up recently too. Not sure what else he did. I may have to dedicate a ton of time to this to clear the queue too...

I was wondering if three organizations that I am involved with, Effective Altruism Switzerland, the Giordano Bruno Foundation and the Foundation Research Institute would be eligible for your program?

None of them currently accept bitcoin. If they begin to accept bitcoin will they be eligible to receive the bitcoin equivalent of $1,000?

The first url http://effectivealtruism.ch is a pretty simple website. There is a movement effective altruism but it has a different url and is mentioned with it on wikipedia. So i dont know if this site here is real or only tries to mimic another project.

The domain http://www.giordano-bruno-stiftung.de seems real and tries to be a lobby for non religious people by spreading ideas of humanism and so on. They are religious critics it seems. At least they critizice that religious projects are paid by the state too and such things.

I didnt found the url widely used, the website looks easy but it seems the articles are unique.

Seems to be about humanism again. They try to think about how to better the life of people. Or stop suffering at least.

Ditto for hese with WHOIS and such. Yes, BIG help. Thank you!
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:32:49 AM

I came across this charity run by university students in NZ - 100Percent.org.nz

They provide a platform for students to sign up & offer tutoring services, with 100% of fees earned going out to the tutors' charity of choice.
The site retains none of the revenue, and hence is dependent on donations to fund their operations and ongoing developments.
Their Donations Page already has a Bitcoin address. Sounds like they are a good charity to support.

Seems legit to me. Added.

Thank you so much for adding 100Percent to the list of charities in Bitcoin100. We really appreciate it. I was just wondering if there was anything we needed to do in order to receive the Bitcoins?

Hi Crystal. I don't remember if I asked, but when did that site start accepting bitcoins?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:02:36 PM

I currently work for a non-profit organization called More Than A Game that focuses on using soccer to give refugee youth the opportunity to grow in character, leadership, and teamwork through soccer camps, tournaments, and leagues.

I only now saw that cbn named it the "christian ministry more than a game". Im not sure it that is a KO since it doesnt really look like religion is involved. Though still... religions donate nicely and most probably would do so for this project anyway too.

In case its not a ko:
The website seems to be registered since 2011 and the google search results look good so far. They have a project at bitcoinstarter https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/671 and google shows indexed links from 2011 that match the urls and content from the actual website. I find mentioning of projects of them on cbn (christian broadcast network, seems to be a big news network). No wikientry so far and i dont find more official info about them. There are other things with that name fighting cancer or fund athletics but they seem differently.

It looks good to me that its not newly created and it seems to be a classic NPO to help kids in special. Only it runs under "christian" for some reason. Maybe because they get donations then from christian community.

Yes, BIG help. Thank you!

Thanks... pleasure if i could help...

I has been given the tip about this thread here. Since i wanted to fight free trade agreements like TTIP (with their democracy undermining arbitration courts and following problems for citizens) i searched a political movement that accepts bitcoins and fight TTIP. I found Lobbycontrol eV http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbycontrol which is a not so small NPO fighting lobbying.

I asked them to accept Bitcoins and at the end i helped them setting up a way to donate Bitcoins with bitpay.com. Then i donated a nice amount of coins.

Here is the original thread in german about it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=574721.0;all

And here the link for donating bitcoins: https://www.lobbycontrol.de/unterstutzen/bitcoin-spenden/

Anyway... im not sure if the website matches this threads effort but it might be the case.

Thanks!

Seems kind of political. I'll have to investigate.

It is political but not in a way as its connected to a party. Its a movement that tries to lay open lobbying. For example companies that pay politicians or send lobbyist to have more influence on them than the normal people. I would say its a NPO that tries to help the normal people by fighting the influence of big money on political decisions because those decision too often hurt the normal people. Im not sure if the political character already is a stop-sign. At the end people that try to make things better for people often end up being somewhat political since trying to change politics is mostly better than only to fix the errors resulting from bad politics.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 02:23:30 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 03:19:44 AM by Rassah

Thanks!

It is political but not in a way as its connected to a party. Its a movement that tries to lay open lobbying. For example companies that pay politicians or send lobbyist to have more influence on them than the normal people. I would say its a NPO that tries to help the normal people by fighting the influence of big money on political decisions because those decision too often hurt the normal people. Im not sure if the political character already is a stop-sign. At the end people that try to make things better for people often end up being somewhat political since trying to change politics is mostly better than only to fix the errors resulting from bad politics.

Good enough for me. $1000 sent (had to split into two transactions because they had a 500EUR limit)
https://blockchain.info/tx/a1802cbad799da47ff201584aa7bc19d5c49a65b6ad27dae48c5adc7fc3dee30
https://blockchain.info/tx/78d0deee344e1e2a557fce07aa1d089d5d36df26b3c09427f61eb9d3d40e631c

Hey man,

Just wanted to make sure you saw this:

http://www.bgclubfoxvalley.org/donate/

Lemme know if that's appropriate.

Thanks!

Looks like we have a winner! I'm going to contact Rassah now, bud.

To Rassah,

Hey, bud. ref: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=705600.0 (short thread)

I went on a limb and vetted these folks and all looked swell. The site just implemented a Bitcoin donation button and kindly went with BitPay as their payment provided.

Would you be so kind as to remit $1,000 USD via BTC from Bitcoin100's coffer to these kind folks. (why the heck did I structure this sentence as a question?)

Thanks, bud.

Bruno Kucinskas

$1,000 donation sent:
https://blockchain.info/tx/54253ad06480945e874026fdf0223f1e0235d0d84a1e82a424246e093dad2368

Hi Dmitry,

I am currently working with The Peer Project - Youth Assisting Youth (YAY) a registered charity located in Toronto, Ontario. We are very interested in accepting Bitcoin donations. The organizations web address is http://www.yay.org.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Heather Dougherty | Hype Girl Enterprises

Took a little time on this one, but yay.org looks fine, Rassah.

~Bruno Kucinskas

$1,000 donation sent:
https://blockchain.info/tx/b45137f3704431b057d98d885b4c29cc674305af227818b46a1fcdb4e904a242

The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is a non-partisan, 501(c)3 organization. As a university-based research center, the Mercatus Center advances knowledge about how markets work to improve people’s lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.

They are here in DC, and I have attended some of their meetings. They basically put on free panels and seminars about economic... things... including one where they did a whole presentation on what is bitcoin and how it can affect the global economy. Most of the attendees were their own students, but they post research and information to the public on the web and other places too. I guess think of them as a research arm of the university that does "awareness education" about economics issues.

Since I know who these guys are, and what they do (which has recently been promoting bitcoin), I think they deserve the help, so $1,000 donation sent:
https://blockchain.info/tx/0e6afb8d39a46110e98c22a24098a6efa11533ab064c15e12265065d1f91bc93

And some more for Phinn to review:

Hello Rassah,

My name is Andrew, and I am contacting you today on behalf of Circadian Sleep Disorders Network. We are a 501c3, all-volunteer organization. I personally am currently in discussion with the board for us to add Bitcoin as a payment option for donations and membership dues.

Our Mission Statement: Circadian Sleep Disorders Network is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with chronic circadian rhythm disorders.
We aim to increase awareness within the medical community and among the general public, to provide emotional support and practical ideas for people living with these disorders, to encourage research into circadian rhythms, and to advocate for accommodations in education and employment for people with circadian rhythm sleep disorders.

Website link: http://www.circadiansleepdisorders.org/

If Bitcoin100 is able to help us with a donation, it will not only tremendously help our cause, but it will help me to assuage the board's reservations on Bitcoin.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. 
Best Regards,
Andrew Wall
Member, Board of Directors
Circadian Sleep Disorders Network

And, they look fine as well, Rassah.

~Bruno Kucinskas

Took them a long time to get things added, but they finally did http://www.circadiansleepdisorders.org/join.php#payment so $1,000 donation sent:
https://blockchain.info/tx/195d121b630209193b3bc73bbd38d0f9c880b2ee07b394bfaff2dcd83c562969
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 02:42:34 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 04:22:22 AM by Rassah

Hello Rassah!

I'm a board member of a non-profit in South Korea.  We coordinate safety and cleaning initiates all over the country for the rock climbing community.  I've recently heard a podcast about the bitcoin 100 on the Ltb network.  I'm very interested in providing bitcoin as a donation option on our website and was curious about the donation promotion your group is currently doing.  The site is KOTRi.org

I don't really see a problem with this one. It's a nonprofit, but they can still promote bitcoin to their members. I guess I'll tell them to go ahead and add it as a donation option to their site, unless anyone has any issues.

And now for some more applications to vett:

Hi Rassah,

Thanks so much for replying to my tweet.

Marijuana Majority is an officially registered 501(c)(3) public education organization in the U.S. that seeks to inform the public and policymakers about the diverse and growing group of prominent voices speaking out about the consequences of marijuana prohibition laws. From the racially disproportionate impact of the enforcement of these laws, to the distraction of police officers from stopping violent crimes, to the waste of taxpayer resources, to the enrichment of gangs and cartels that control the black market, there are many reasons that diverse voices from across the political spectrum are speaking up for change. While we seek to highlight this growing chorus for reform and educate the public that this issue is becoming more and more mainstream, we are strictly not a political organization. That is, we do not endorse or oppose candidates for elected office. We do not engage in any level of politicking; our work falls squarely within IRS rules for nonprofit public education organizations.

We decided to start accepting BTC donations just this past week after 1) finding out about Bitcoin100's generous offer and 2) being encouraged to do so by many would-be donors on reddit.

Please let me know if you'd like to see documentation of our 501(c)(3) status or if there are any questions about our work that I can answer for you.

Thanks again,
Tom

This was sent to me 10 days ago (took a wile for me to get to), and looks fine to me. Can someone please verify that they are ok?

Hi  Dmitry,

I am the founder of a brand new nonprofit, Intsikelelo, that helps orphans and vulnerable children in South Africa.  Our launch this week was very exciting, as a video we made to promote the launch ended up going viral on the internet.  After many suggestions on reddit that we accept bitcoin donations, we made an account with BitPay and are now set up to accept bitcoin donations.  I've heard that your organization could help us out in various ways, which is really exciting for us!  We don't know very much about bitcoin but are excited to learn more.

Please let me know more about your organization and how we can work together.  Our website is www.intsikelelo.org, and our BitPay button is located on our donation page at www.intsikelelo.org/donate .  The viral video I mentioned is on our website or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_2gbx2Kxg if you have any interest!

Thanks,
Chris Grava
Intsikelelo

They are a year old, and also seem fine, but I'd like a second opinion too please.

Hi Rassah.

I used to serve on the Board of Directors of the Northern California
DX Foundation (www.ncdxf.org).  This is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) charity
that promotes international scientific expeditions and education
through amateur radio.

I've been working on trying to convince NCDXF to accept bitcoin
donations, and I think I'm close.  If there's a chance they'd be
eligible for a $1000 donation from Bitcoin 100, that might just be the
last little nudge I'd need to get them to start accepting bitcoin
donations.

Please take a quick look at the NCDXF web site and see if you think
the organization might be a candidate for a Bitcoin 100 grant.  If so,
let me know the process, and I will put the idea back in front of the
current Board of Directors.

Regards,

Tim Totten

Quick glance at this and they also look ok, I guess. Maybe they can help set up some radios to broadcast bitcoin blocks around the world Smiley

Hello Rassah,

I looked through some forums on r/Bitcoin and saw that your organization provides some funding to secular and non-political charities and organization. [Last week] I helped a local charity set up a Bitcoin address and donation option and was wondering if their organization meets any other qualifications for funding from your organization.

Here is the website to our local charity/not-for-profit:
http://familyenrichment.ca/index.php/en/page/home

Family Enrichment Counselling Services Inc. is a secular and non-political charity that specifies in mental health services and education for the local community. We provide rate adjusted counselling for those who cannot afford mental health services, and we provide free counselling for those who have been a victim of violence in the family.

I was also wondering if it's possible to have our website added onto yours.

Regardless of your answer, I'd like to extend a thank you for supporting charities in the way you're doing. It's very encouraging to see people band together without a central authority.

Thank you,
Sherry

And their follow-up:
The rates are adjusted based on the financial situation of the client. Some of the fees are strictly for a psycholigist or mediation services, but our primary interest is affordable counselling for people in need.

My apologies. I do not hold any executive title in the organization so my answers may not be in depth, but my understanding is that fees are collected to ensure that the therapists on staff are paid and that the rent for the offices are paid. Any additional revenue goes back to subsidizing clients for mental health services in the case that they cannot afford counselling. We service many single mothers and clients with trauma that have vulnerable living and financial situations. In addition, extra funds are used to create affordable and often free group therapy programs.

As for our charity work, I know that we are registered. I believe our free educational and therapeutic programs for the community enable this title. We also collaborate and help other charities when we see they need a boost by setting up events and promotion. I can acquire additional details for you if you want specifics of exactly what distinguishes us as a charity.

I'm kind of undecided on this one...

Good morning,

My name is Kirsten Tynan, and I am executive director of the Fully Informed Jury Association, a 501c3, non-profit, educational organization dedicated to fully informing everyone of jurors' right and authority to judge the law as well as the facts in cases before them, and to conscientiously acquit through jury nullification when a just verdict requires it.

I have been looking into setting FIJA up to accept Bitcoin, and one area I have not yet figured out is what we need to do for Bitcoin donors to fulfill legal requirements for some kind of receipt for their tax-deductible donation. Do you have any guidance on this? I browsed the Bitcoin100 website a bit, but didn't find anything on this. I tried to send you a message through the BitcoinTalk forum, but that is not working for me at the moment so I hope it is okay to try and reach you by e-mail.

Thank you!

Kirsten C. Tynan
Fully Informed Jury Association
http://www.FIJA.org

and their follow-up a week ago, after they contacted me earlier in the month:

Looks like we are now verified sufficiently to accept $1000 per day in Bitcoin, so I think we are good to go!

Our mission is to educate everyone that jurors have the right and responsibility to conscientiously acquit defendants through jury nullification when a just verdict requires it. Jurors may wish to exercise this authority when they believe a law is inherently unjust or unjustly applied, when they believe a punishment is unjustly harsh compared to the severity of the offense committed, etc.

In addition to providing a new avenue for donors to help support FIJA, we look forward to being listed as a Bitcoin-accepting charity because it opens up opportunities for us to start conversations with new communities who I think would potentially benefit by access to jurors who are fully informed of and willing to exercise their traditional, legal authority to vote Not Guilty. There is a great need right now for jurors to stand in peaceful defense of harmless people targeted by government for prosecution for political and other malicious reasons.

Thank you so much for this opportunity!

Kirsten

These guys have been around for a while! Looks good to me, but, again, just need a second opinion.

Jul 16, 2014

Hi Rassah,

Yes we are a non-political, secular charity with over 22 years of Serving the homeless population of the Greater Los Angeles area with Food, Housing, Clothing, Child care services, case management, Job placement and much more.

Apologies for the broken link, You can access our site at: http://www.newimageshelter.org.

Let me know if you have any further questions.  

Thanks so much for what you do and for taking the time to respond to us.  

Looking forward to speaking further with you soon!

These guys integrated their bitcoin donation option shortly after contacting me (in May >.< I am soooo behind), so still qualify from the "you have already been receiving bitcoin" point. Please check them on all other aspects.

Also, FYI, I added a place where I can keep track of charities and their status. It was getting difficult to remember what we have reviewed and what we haven't.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bafU08cYWIxF8gV_ZJf74EybOh8ykK7NTVh5dP6Ps2w/edit?usp=sharing
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:06:44 AM

http://foundational-research.org gets bonus points for exploring the Nash Equilibrium.  Grin

It's probable that all three are interwoven, with http://effectivealtruism.ch being the weakest link.

May I suggest allowing the community here to weigh-in in case we missed something, and if there's no objections after say 2-3 days, commit to funding the other two provided, of course, they embed a predominately(?) displayed Bitcoin donation button.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 04:42:40 AM

I only now saw that cbn named it the "christian ministry more than a game". Im not sure it that is a KO since it doesnt really look like religion is involved. Though still... religions donate nicely and most probably would do so for this project anyway too.

In case its not a ko:
The website seems to be registered since 2011 and the google search results look good so far. They have a project at bitcoinstarter https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/671 and google shows indexed links from 2011 that match the urls and content from the actual website. I find mentioning of projects of them on cbn (christian broadcast network, seems to be a big news network). No wikientry so far and i dont find more official info about them. There are other things with that name fighting cancer or fund athletics but they seem differently.

It looks good to me that its not newly created and it seems to be a classic NPO to help kids in special. Only it runs under "christian" for some reason. Maybe because they get donations then from christian community.

They just sent a follow-up regarding the CBN thing:

Hey no worries, and I wasn't aware that they had. I know CBN is a Christian news agency, and since we had partnered with World Compassion (which is a Christian NGO) to help with refugee relief in Iraq, CBN probably put us together for their newspiece. Several of our coaches and staff are Christians, but we also have Muslim coaches that coach for us.

Since I didn't see anything non-secular on their website I'm going to say that the are probably ok, and if no one objects for a few days, will send them the donation.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 09:34:13 PM

A thank you from the charities, which should really go to our donors:

Thank you for Bitcoin100’s donation to the Mercatus Center at George Mason University. This gift is a testament to the power of Bitcoin to advance charitable and humanitarian causes.  
As a university-based research center, the Mercatus Center advances knowledge about how markets work to improve people’s lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.  Our research includes the study of the economic effects of new technologies like Bitcoin and the role of innovation in increasing the value of our resources. Mercatus has been a leading voice urging policymakers, the public, and professional economists to understand the opportunities offered by cryptocurrencies in reducing transaction payments and simplifying international sales for small businesses.  Allowing this technology to emerge and develop, without excessive precautionary regulation, holds great promise in allowing a variety of payment options for people around the world.
Thank you again for your support and your work to promote the charitable potential of Bitcoin.

Sincerely,

Sarah Jenislawski

July 30, 2014

Dear Friends:

On behalf of the board, staff and members of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley, thank you for choosing to invest in our programs and services. Your generous response to our recent run-in with ransomware is greatly appreciated. You have helped us recover what was a significant cost to us and more. You are an important partner in our mission to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.

With your help, we are able to provide an array of programs and activities in a safe, fun and positive environment for over 12,000 children per year. Under the careful guidance and leadership of professional, caring staff, Club members:

 Achieve Academic Success by preparing to graduate from high school ready for college, trade school, military or employment

 Develop Good Character and Citizenship by becoming engaged and involved in the community, registering to vote and modeling strong character

 Adopt Healthy Lifestyles by choosing a healthy diet, practicing

Our community is fortunate to have people like you, who make this resource available to our children. With your support, we are building brighter futures by empowering our children with character, confidence and determination. All of us deeply appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Warmest Regards,

healthy lifestyles and making a lifelong commitment to fitness

Greg Lemke-Rochon
Chief Professional Officer

Gift Date: 07/29/2014
Gift Amount: $1,000 via Bitcoin
Designation: Unrestricted
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: