Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195645 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jeffminer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:49:15 AM

I will stop supporting the coin immediately if the algo is changed. It is fraudulent to do so. You announced the coin and it's algo........you can't change horses in mid-stream.

Crypto is about participation. When you design and offer a coin, you are asking people to participate. When you then change the algo, you are doing so for ONLY one reason......to exclude people from participating. All of the blah blah blah wanting ASICS out of alts is based on their personal interest and has nothing to do with any coin. They want to protect their power hungry GPU mining rigs, instead of evolving. They wish to exclude participation of others to their benefit, which is blatantly wrong and based on pure greed.

Once you step onto the slippery slope of excluding people and are comfy with it, who is next? NVidia miners? Left-handed people? Anyone with green eyes? Where does it stop? Trust me I could dev a coin where you would need an Intel CPU, but AMD is excluded, and it has to be i7 4770, not 4770k and you have to have 32GB of Corsair 2400 DDR3 RAM, not Kingston 1600 DDR3 RAM. A simple system info check could exclude whatever I wish. That is NOT what crypto is about. Stop trying to hate on people and exclude them because they are willing to invest more in the system than you. Evolve or die.

Everything you said is a contradiction...So instead of arguing with someone who sees everything backwards on matters that can become opinionated, I'll only mention how the dev said before the coin even launched that they were considering switching to X11. If a random coin says it is going to upgrade to KGW, do you also throw a fit too because it wasn't initially launched with it? Or will you realize that cryptocurrencies are an everchanging and evolving, which is why there are these upgrades in the first place? If anyone wants to pick this up and inform this person how the greed is primarily found in ASIC's because they notoriously make it impossible for someone whom doesn't have much money to have a chance at mining, I'd be happy to be saved the time. ( I realize I ended up arguing anyway...ugh)

If the algo is changed all this achieves is excluding people. Why would a charity not want to include people with ASICs? Aren't their hashes worth as much as everyone else's? And ASICs aren't only for the 'greedy' as you put it. For all those harping on about 'this algo is cleaner than that one', if you spent the equivalent on ASICs that you spent on GPUs you would get more hash for a fraction of the electricity. Seems a bit more eco-friendly to me..

X11 is not ASIC resistant in the mid term

Check coins like DarkCoin - the developer Edufield said ASICS will probably be a good thing and they won't actively prevent their uptake on DRK, unlike Vertcoin who said they will change their algo if ASICs crack VertCoin

The point is these days you need new tech features to keep the coin ahead.  This coin has great idea behind it (each WATER transaction generates 0.01% for charity as I understand it) and great marketing potential, but the tech also needs to keep up as a lot of people are looking for that now.

X11 is just great from a mining point of view.  I have started mining WATER but I had to go around my rigs flashing firmware, undervolting in afterburner, and general headaches not to mention the additional heat (with summer coming in her in Europe), since I have been on X11 coins for 2 months - made an exception for WATER as is great idea and team.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:57:20 AM

Why not make the coin both can be mined using 2 algorithms, either scrypt or x11?
This has been implemented on Myriad coin and in much more algo capacity, I do not see it cannot be done here.
Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:03:48 PM

Nice to see a charity coin that actually works! Props!  Smiley
PoolMingo

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:29:37 PM

AUTOMATED PAYMENTS
ONLINE SUPPORT
24/7 monitoring
Stratum
0% FEE
DDOS protection
PPLNS
VARDIFF
Powerfull server

-->  WWW.MINGOPOOL.COM <--

DOGECOIN - 365 coin - CleanWaterCoin-  Vertcoin - RotoCoin - CatalonianCoin

CHAT CHANNEL #MINGOPOOL AT FREENODE

Check our clean water page http://cwc.mingopool.com
aslove

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:32:34 PM

Why not make the coin both can be mined using 2 algorithms, either scrypt or x11?
This has been implemented on Myriad coin and in much more algo capacity, I do not see it cannot be done here.

that not so good, i want X11 ,

dev team,
why not set a poll  ? this is fair !
lonsharim

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:40:54 PM

Anyone else on dedicatedpool.com? Seems they haven't discovered a block in 8 hours or more? Nor are any of my unconfirmed coins getting confirmed in the last few hours. Somethings wrong.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:41:13 PM

dev team,

Why is it not good? By this way you are providing an equal opportunity for rig mining owners to mine WATER whichever algo they see fit.
They could as well add SHA256 and SHA3 to it, more the merrier and more charity donations and profits will flow.
Poll is a good suggestion, but It seems I know who will win eventually with that Smiley
speakoo

Activity: 224
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:47:10 PM

start a poll is a good idea.
dev team can get comminity requirement through poll, then make decision by devs.  themselves. guys, it's up to dev. not someone of the community! water is their baby , they love water than us.

aslove

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:58:48 PM

dev team,

Why is it not good? By this way you are providing an equal opportunity for rig mining owners to mine WATER whichever algo they see fit.
They could as well add SHA256 and SHA3 to it, more the merrier and more charity donations and profits will flow.
Poll is a good suggestion, but It seems I know who will win eventually with that Smiley

cuz X11 save electric energy , especially in this summer, X11 will atract lots of miners who mine with video cards.the other algo can not. so i believe X11 will be the winner  Grin
Invisible Hands

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:03:19 PM

dev team,

cuz X11 save electric energy , especially in this summer, X11 will atract lots of miners who mine with video cards.the other algo can not. so i believe X11 will be the winner  Grin

We would save even more energy if we just created coins out of thin air and gave them away.
yonghongtang

Activity: 483

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:14:23 PM

start a poll is a good idea.
dev team can get comminity requirement through poll, then make decision by devs.  themselves. guys, it's up to dev. not someone of the community! water is their baby , they love water than us.

agree!
poll first , then dev. make the final decision.
aslove

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:30:10 PM

dev team,

We would save even more energy if we just created coins out of thin air and gave them away.

if so , what will the miners do ?they loose their jobs.
Napping

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:37:45 PM

i'm conflicted about changing protocols.. on one hand, I can see how sticking with scrypt makes sense, on other hand, I can only run half of my rigs right now and still live in the apartment without turning it into sauna, and it's not even summer yet. Thus I reluctantly wish the protocol to be changed to x11 just becasue of that. But then again, one of my smaller rigs is running cudaminer and I don't think i'd be able to use that one anymore then, so i'll point it back to litecoin or watnot..

bottom line, i'm cool with whatever devs decide, as long as they firmly believe it'll benefit the coin.
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:52:06 PM

Anyone else on dedicatedpool.com? Seems they haven't discovered a block in 8 hours or more? Nor are any of my unconfirmed coins getting confirmed in the last few hours. Somethings wrong.

I have the same problem here. I asked to one of pool's OP and he assured me that it sometimes takes a while for coins to arrive. However I did ask for manual withdraw like 5 hours ago and still did not receive anything. There's probably an issue of some kind with manual withdrawals and we have to wait until it is solved for us.
lonsharim

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:17:17 PM

I have the same problem here. I asked to one of pool's OP and he assured me that it sometimes takes a while for coins to arrive. However I did ask for manual withdraw like 5 hours ago and still did not receive anything. There's probably an issue of some kind with manual withdrawals and we have to wait until it is solved for us.

Well it's interesting

They have not been able to confirm transactions since 3737 and have not discovered a new block since 3774

As of writing this post the current block is 4143 so something is amiss.

My alternate pool was water.suchpool.pw and they haven't seen a new block in the last 60 minutes although their last mined block is 4116

I will have to wait until I get home to investigate which pool is actually working and finding the blocks.
aslove

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:17:34 PM

i'm conflicted about changing protocols.. on one hand, I can see how sticking with scrypt makes sense, on other hand, I can only run half of my rigs right now and still live in the apartment without turning it into sauna, and it's not even summer yet. Thus I reluctantly wish the protocol to be changed to x11 just becasue of that. But then again, one of my smaller rigs is running cudaminer and I don't think i'd be able to use that one anymore then, so i'll point it back to litecoin or watnot..

bottom line, i'm cool with whatever devs decide, as long as they firmly believe it'll benefit the coin.

i'm cool with whatever devs decide, as long as they firmly believe it'll benefit the coin.
what's the status of block explorer ? dev.
jeffminer

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:24:04 PM

Well it's interesting

They have not been able to confirm transactions since 3737 and have not discovered a new block since 3774

As of writing this post the current block is 4143 so something is amiss.

My alternate pool was water.suchpool.pw and they haven't seen a new block in the last 60 minutes although their last mined block is 4116

I will have to wait until I get home to investigate which pool is actually working and finding the blocks.

i settled on minep.it and hashing.at, both confirming coins and good response from support. most pools having ultra slow confirms i found
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:32:29 PM

dear dev. team ,
about changing algo, have you forgot it ?for just ignore it ?
i know you're busy , but i think you do need to say something on this . thanks.
We did't forget it.
We are still discussing about changing algo in the dev team.
There will be an official announcement once the result comes out.

I will stop supporting the coin immediately if the algo is changed. It is fraudulent to do so. You announced the coin and it's algo........you can't change horses in mid-stream.

Crypto is about participation. When you design and offer a coin, you are asking people to participate. When you then change the algo, you are doing so for ONLY one reason......to exclude people from participating. All of the blah blah blah wanting ASICS out of alts is based on their personal interest and has nothing to do with any coin. They want to protect their power hungry GPU mining rigs, instead of evolving. They wish to exclude participation of others to their benefit, which is blatantly wrong and based on pure greed.

So basically what you say it that GPU owner are greedy bastards ? Are you joking ?
Do you think those who will buy asic will do it just to secure the network ?
Not everybody has 10000$ to put in a miner (which won't even be delivered before two to three month).
Although, I don't have anything against asic, they will certainly exclude more people than gpu are currently.

I spent around $2000 on a GPU rig 2 months ago which gives me about 2.5MH and eats about 1100W even when undervolted. (4x Radeon HD7950s)

I have have now ordered (and received within 2 weeks not 2-3 months!) a set of 10 GridSeed ASICs which also cost $2000 and gives me 3.6Mh for less than 100W. They are up and running and produce NO heat. I am looking forward to my nice cool house this summer. I ordered mine direct from China but there are plenty available on ebay etc if you're happy to pay a mark-up.

Why keep shifting algos just to try to slightly reduce your heat output, I say get rid of your GPUs and get some ASICs. Move with the times people!

Guess what will happen if another algo becomes more popular than scrypt? That's right - new ASICs. It's pointless to keep shifting as the market will always respond.

GPUs are now boxed up ready to go on ebay. If you're in love with GPUs you can buy them if you like, I have 9 Dual-X 11196-19-20G Radeon 7950s available which are about the most efficient mining GPUs available in terms of hash/watt output. They have mined for about 2 months and each gives a stable 640kh without pushing it too hard. PM me sensible offers if you're interested. I am UK based but will ship anywhere if you're willing to pay the postage.

Card stats: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1450&&lid=1
Water_kel

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:55:38 PM

I am pleased to see the discussion about changing algo.
The offical announcement about it will be announced by @CleanWaterCoin soon.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 02:55:56 PM

dear dev. team ,
about changing algo, have you forgot it ?for just ignore it ?
i know you're busy , but i think you do need to say something on this . thanks.
We did't forget it.
We are still discussing about changing algo in the dev team.
There will be an official announcement once the result comes out.

So basically what you say it that GPU owner are greedy bastards ? Are you joking ?
Do you think those who will buy asic will do it just to secure the network ?
Not everybody has 10000$ to put in a miner (which won't even be delivered before two to three month).
Although, I don't have anything against asic, they will certainly exclude more people than gpu are currently.

I spent around $2000 on a GPU rig 2 months ago which gives me about 2.5MH and eats about 1100W even when undervolted. (4x Radeon HD7950s)

I have have now ordered (and received within 2 weeks not 2-3 months!) a set of 10 GridSeed ASICs which also cost $2000 and gives me 3.6Mh for less than 100W. They are up and running and produce NO heat. I am looking forward to my nice cool house this summer. I ordered mine direct from China but there are plenty available on ebay etc if you're happy to pay a mark-up.

Why keep shifting algos just to try to slightly reduce your heat output, I say get rid of your GPUs and get some ASICs. Move with the times people!

Guess what will happen if another algo becomes more popular than scrypt? That's right - new ASICs. It's pointless to keep shifting as the market will always respond.

GPUs are now boxed up ready to go on ebay. If you're in love with GPUs you can buy them if you like, I have 9 Dual-X 11196-19-20G Radeon 7950s available which are about the most efficient mining GPUs available in terms of hash/watt output. They have mined for about 2 months and each gives a stable 640kh without pushing it too hard. PM me sensible offers if you're interested. I am UK based but will ship anywhere if you're willing to pay the postage.

Card stats: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1450&&lid=1
no thanks, I'll wait a year for when you will be selling your asic at 50 25 10 dollars each on ebay

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: