Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195651 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:58:00 PM

I would dump now before the 10000 blocks start

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aslove

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:00:47 PM

hi YouIsPeng and  Xardas2014 ,

you just don't know the situation of ASIC in China.
lots of people are willing to buy ASIC , but  ASIC is limited !you understand me?
for example, 100 people want to buy ASIC, but there are only 10 ASICs offered. maybe one of the 100 persons buys all the 10 ASICs, that means there are 90-99 people can't get ASICs with their money.so they have to buy video cards for mining.
people are willing to invest in ASIC, but the can't  get it with their money! it's the fact,even the better video cards like 7950/270/280/290 are hard to buy.

you can check the  volume  of bitcoin exchange in China, it is the biggest in the world. it means people in China are willing to invest but most of them can not get ASICs even double of the price.

i hope you do understand the situation.  i am weak in English  Smiley
Napping

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:02:05 PM

I would dump now before the 10000 blocks start

?? why
aslove

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:07:21 PM

lots of people are willing to buy ASIC , but  ASIC is limited !you understand me?
for example, 100 people want to buy ASIC, but there are only 10 ASICs offered. maybe one of the 100 persons buys all the 10 ASICs, that means there are 90-99 people can't get ASICs with their money.so they have to buy video cards for mining.
people are willing to invest in ASIC, but the can't  get it with their money! it's the fact,even the better video cards like 7950/270/280/290 are hard to buy.

you can check the  volume  of bitcoin exchange in China, it is the biggest in the world. it means people in China are willing to invest but most of them can not get ASICs even double of the price.

@Water_kel 
i think you can prove it  as you are in charge of  Chinase community.so you know the situation in China.
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:14:29 PM

Why not make the coin both can be mined using 2 algorithms, either scrypt or x11?
This has been implemented on Myriad coin and in much more algo capacity, I do not see it cannot be done here.

that not so good, i want X11 ,

dev team,
why not set a poll  ? this is fair !

Why is it not good? By this way you are providing an equal opportunity for rig mining owners to mine WATER whichever algo they see fit.
They could as well add SHA256 and SHA3 to it, more the merrier and more charity donations and profits will flow.
Poll is a good suggestion, but It seems I know who will win eventually with that Smiley

cuz X11 save electric energy , especially in this summer, X11 will atract lots of miners who mine with video cards.the other algo can not. so i believe X11 will be the winner  Grin

We would save even more energy if we just created coins out of thin air and gave them away.
Well, this coin DOES have PoS already...

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
kache

Activity: 140

Bored

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:15:29 PM

i'm conflicted about changing protocols.. on one hand, I can see how sticking with scrypt makes sense, on other hand, I can only run half of my rigs right now and still live in the apartment without turning it into sauna, and it's not even summer yet. Thus I reluctantly wish the protocol to be changed to x11 just becasue of that. But then again, one of my smaller rigs is running cudaminer and I don't think i'd be able to use that one anymore then, so i'll point it back to litecoin or watnot..

bottom line, i'm cool with whatever devs decide, as long as they firmly believe it'll benefit the coin.
Nvidia actually has a performance advantage in X11, so that small rig will benefit a lot from X11. Cheesy

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
Napping

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:28:30 PM

i'm conflicted about changing protocols.. on one hand, I can see how sticking with scrypt makes sense, on other hand, I can only run half of my rigs right now and still live in the apartment without turning it into sauna, and it's not even summer yet. Thus I reluctantly wish the protocol to be changed to x11 just becasue of that. But then again, one of my smaller rigs is running cudaminer and I don't think i'd be able to use that one anymore then, so i'll point it back to litecoin or watnot..

bottom line, i'm cool with whatever devs decide, as long as they firmly believe it'll benefit the coin.
Nvidia actually has a performance advantage in X11, so that small rig will benefit a lot from X11. Cheesy

how do i mine x11 with nvidia? I don't think cudaminer supports it.
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:35:16 PM

I'm sorry but you are talking absolute nonsense. Go look on Chinese portal http://www.aliexpress.com/ and type in Gridseed.
You will get 5 pages of Chinese companies who have them in stock right now and will guarantee delivery in 15 days from order.
You may be confusing scrypt ASICs with BTC ASICs?
The only reason they are 'limited' is because there isn't a supply chain set up for steady exports, but anyone with an ounce of brain can order them direct from the Chinese suppliers.
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:40:49 PM

dear dev. team ,
about changing algo, have you forgot it ?for just ignore it ?
i know you're busy , but i think you do need to say something on this . thanks.
We did't forget it.
We are still discussing about changing algo in the dev team.
There will be an official announcement once the result comes out.

I will stop supporting the coin immediately if the algo is changed. It is fraudulent to do so. You announced the coin and it's algo........you can't change horses in mid-stream.

Crypto is about participation. When you design and offer a coin, you are asking people to participate. When you then change the algo, you are doing so for ONLY one reason......to exclude people from participating. All of the blah blah blah wanting ASICS out of alts is based on their personal interest and has nothing to do with any coin. They want to protect their power hungry GPU mining rigs, instead of evolving. They wish to exclude participation of others to their benefit, which is blatantly wrong and based on pure greed.

So basically what you say it that GPU owner are greedy bastards ? Are you joking ?
Do you think those who will buy asic will do it just to secure the network ?
Not everybody has 10000$ to put in a miner (which won't even be delivered before two to three month).
Although, I don't have anything against asic, they will certainly exclude more people than gpu are currently.

I spent around $2000 on a GPU rig 2 months ago which gives me about 2.5MH and eats about 1100W even when undervolted. (4x Radeon HD7950s)

I have have now ordered (and received within 2 weeks not 2-3 months!) a set of 10 GridSeed ASICs which also cost $2000 and gives me 3.6Mh for less than 100W. They are up and running and produce NO heat. I am looking forward to my nice cool house this summer. I ordered mine direct from China but there are plenty available on ebay etc if you're happy to pay a mark-up.

Why keep shifting algos just to try to slightly reduce your heat output, I say get rid of your GPUs and get some ASICs. Move with the times people!

Guess what will happen if another algo becomes more popular than scrypt? That's right - new ASICs. It's pointless to keep shifting as the market will always respond.

GPUs are now boxed up ready to go on ebay. If you're in love with GPUs you can buy them if you like, I have 9 Dual-X 11196-19-20G Radeon 7950s available which are about the most efficient mining GPUs available in terms of hash/watt output. They have mined for about 2 months and each gives a stable 640kh without pushing it too hard. PM me sensible offers if you're interested. I am UK based but will ship anywhere if you're willing to pay the postage.

Card stats: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1450&&lid=1
no thanks, I'll wait a year for when you will be selling your asic at 50 25 10 dollars each on ebay

My ASICs will have paid for themselves many times over by then while your GPUs will be getting you $20 $10 $5 -$5 a day by then. Do you work for the power company?
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 03:54:44 PM

dear dev. team ,
We did't forget it.

I will stop supporting the coin immediately if the algo is changed. It is fraudulent to do so. You announced the coin and it's algo........you can't change horses in mid-stream.

Crypto is about participation. When you design and offer a coin, you are asking people to participate. When you then change the algo, you are doing so for ONLY one reason......to exclude people from participating. All of the blah blah blah wanting ASICS out of alts is based on their personal interest and has nothing to do with any coin. They want to protect their power hungry GPU mining rigs, instead of evolving. They wish to exclude participation of others to their benefit, which is blatantly wrong and based on pure greed.

So basically what you say it that GPU owner are greedy bastards ? Are you joking ?
Not everybody has 10000$ to put in a miner (which won't even be delivered before two to three month).
Although, I don't have anything against asic, they will certainly exclude more people than gpu are currently.

I spent around $2000 on a GPU rig 2 months ago which gives me about 2.5MH and eats about 1100W even when undervolted. (4x Radeon HD7950s)

I have have now ordered (and received within 2 weeks not 2-3 months!) a set of 10 GridSeed ASICs which also cost $2000 and gives me 3.6Mh for less than 100W. They are up and running and produce NO heat. I am looking forward to my nice cool house this summer. I ordered mine direct from China but there are plenty available on ebay etc if you're happy to pay a mark-up.

Why keep shifting algos just to try to slightly reduce your heat output, I say get rid of your GPUs and get some ASICs. Move with the times people!

Guess what will happen if another algo becomes more popular than scrypt? That's right - new ASICs. It's pointless to keep shifting as the market will always respond.

GPUs are now boxed up ready to go on ebay. If you're in love with GPUs you can buy them if you like, I have 9 Dual-X 11196-19-20G Radeon 7950s available which are about the most efficient mining GPUs available in terms of hash/watt output. They have mined for about 2 months and each gives a stable 640kh without pushing it too hard. PM me sensible offers if you're interested. I am UK based but will ship anywhere if you're willing to pay the postage.

Card stats: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1450&&lid=1
no thanks, I'll wait a year for when you will be selling your asic at 50 25 10 dollars each on ebay

My ASICs will have paid for themselves many times over by then while your GPUs will be getting you $20 $10 $5 -$5 a day by then. Do you work for the power company?
It will pay only at start (or if you get them in advance) once they will be there for everybody it will be over.
Most asic owners will do the same calculation regarding power as you do and conclude that they can sell their coin for electric power + n%
(with the impatient dumper ready to sell at electric power -n% thinking it can break even on some other coin...) bringing down the price of cryptos down...
So asic or not, you won't make more money than what you are making now (except for the head start), so your discussion regarding power cost is somewhat irrelevant...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Water_kel

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:18:45 PM

@Water_kel 
i think you can prove it  as you are in charge of  Chinase community.so you know the situation in China.
Are you talking about Gridseed?
It was very difficult to buy the Gridseed ~330kh/s miner at the very beginning.
However it is easy to buy now.
Gridseed even offers some discounts because some big asics are coming.
Quantumbud

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:21:36 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 04:32:19 PM by Quantumbud

Just double checking something here to see if i understand things correctly:

(20,000)(1/√(Difficulty+500)) from block 7001-250,000

For example let's say difficulty is at 25,that would mean 20000*(1/√525)= 20000*(1/22.91) = 872.98

So the block reward if 25 was the difficulty from block 7001-250000 would be 872.98 coins per block.

Am i getting this correctly?

Thanks

Wink

edit:seems i missed the square root sign,it makes more sense now:
Water_kel

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:28:14 PM

For example let's say difficulty is at 25,that would mean 20000(1/525) = 20000*0.0019 = 38.09

So the block reward if 25 was the difficulty from block 7001-250000 would be 38.09 coins per block.

Thanks

Wink

√ is a square root.
Please calculate again.  Smiley
Quantumbud

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:34:03 PM

For example let's say difficulty is at 25,that would mean 20000(1/525) = 20000*0.0019 = 38.09

So the block reward if 25 was the difficulty from block 7001-250000 would be 38.09 coins per block.

Thanks

Wink

√ is a square root.
Please calculate again.  Smiley

Aye did that in my original post,my old eyes didnt notice the square root at first Tongue
PoolMingo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:35:03 PM

AUTOMATED PAYMENTS
ONLINE SUPPORT
24/7 monitoring
Stratum
0% FEE
DDOS protection
PPLNS
VARDIFF
Powerfull server

-->  WWW.MINGOPOOL.COM <--

DOGECOIN - 365 coin - CleanWaterCoin-  Vertcoin - RotoCoin - CatalonianCoin

CHAT CHANNEL #MINGOPOOL AT FREENODE

Check our clean water page http://cwc.mingopool.com

lolcoind

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:15:04 PM

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with PROP
Server Location: Europe / America
Pro Hardware: Connections: 10 gigabit network hypervisor/storage. Direct connection to AIMX, MSX
Storage: Fast ZFS based environment with SSD cache and 32 disks.
CPU: Xeon 64bit / 16 powerful CPU cores
Ram: 128 GB RAM.

Security:
Two different geo-locations Hot wallets (primary and instant back-up).
Offline secured cold Wallet.
Automated back-ups and warning system for operators.
Ddos protecion.

best
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:19:40 PM

dear dev. team ,
We did't forget it.

I never called anyone a bastard. I said peoples desire to change algo's to benefit THEM is based on greed and/or them not being willing to evolve. Change is scary for some people, but the simple fact is GPU's are good at video and an ASIC is good at mining. The reluctance of people to switch from an inefficient unit to an efficient one baffles me. Some will say they don't have the money to buy an ASIC, but that is likely because they already spent it on buying the wrong thing...a GPU. I think we all know what this has done to the price of GPU's, so now even non-miners have to pay out the ass just to play a video game.

Imagine how idiotic it sounds when someone says they want to keep their inefficient unit and make gamers and other people pay more, instead of selling off the inefficient setup and buying one that runs cool, quiet, and for much less power. To then compound the lunacy with cries for algos to force people into using inefficient rigs simply boggles the mind. Evolve or die, but ffs don't try to force me to die along with you.
First2fight

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:20:50 PM

Yes, there will be new ASICs. Yes, the market will always respond (with some time-lag). But no, it's not THAT pointless to shift algos 'cause most of miners/investors/devs will never enjoy the show called "Lordy lord, my investments/efforts are turning into 1-Satoshi shit trash because of those ASICS". You may wish to check some polls regarding this problem.

CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 05:58:56 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 06:26:50 PM by CleanWaterCoin

Regarding changing algo's, the litcoin devs shared important opinions and details about switching. Read what they had to say here: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18166.0

**Edit**
X11 is still new, we need more time to watch it and see how it grows/functions over time. Waiting a month and analyzing X11 over that time makes more sense than rushing into it and finding out potential issues later. You guys should appreciate that we are taking extremely careful consideration, there are many factors at play and taking more time to determine those will only benefit us. It's our responsibility to provide a stable, healthy, and valuable coin--we cannot do that with knee jerk reactions.

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 06:32:12 PM

sent an email to support@mintpal.com asking them to add water to the voting site. 

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: