Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195656 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 04:55:59 AM

Water, I avoid the stuff. I know what fish do in it..............ewwww

I travel quite a bit and can tell you straight up an earlier poster is wrong. Most people in 3rd world countries do boil their water. To many it is almost a second religion.

Now to the watercoin/charity..........if you are just handing out bottled water to people, you are not helping even a tiny bit. What these countries need is a complete rebuild of the infrastructure from water purification plants, water mains, towers, curb to home plumbing, all the way down to new faucets. Almost none of the existing stuff is usable.

I got into a project to build a water tower in the Philippines and quickly found out it was pointless given the terrible condition of the current plumbing. Adding the water pressure the tower would have done..........well it would have ended badly. I suppose somewhere like darkest Africa it would actually be cheaper since you don't have any existing to have to tear out. But for most towns/villages in the Philippines or Vietnam, you have to tear it all out and start new. Tossing out a few bottles of water is utterly pointless.

The problem of infrastructure goes way beyond what this coin is trying to do.

"Infrastructure", or the desire to acquire it, is what often causes these water crisis. "Third-world" countries are raped by banks, who offer up rigged "loans" to corrupt governments, knowing they will never be able to repay them, and thus giving the bank a way to take the resources of the country in question. The debt is leveraged against the citizens in order to drive them in to poverty and then control their resources.

The bank starts this process when it approaches a struggling country and promises billions for "water infrastructure", the work for which is then immediately given to the banks subcontractors who build the infrastructure (thus cutting the locals out of the actions for the most part, and not helping their economy any more than building a temporary service industry for the foreign workers). So the country is loaned a few hundred million, or billions, and then it immediately gives a large portion of that money back to the bank, who has made sure that the contract states that only the BANKS subcontractor companies will do the work. The bank's subcontractor's do all the "improvements" that were promised, and when these improvements don't create all the money out of thin air that the banks promised the government and the citizens it would, and after the corrupt government and bank officials have pocketed millions, the bank comes looking for it's interest payments. And guess what? The country can't pay them. So the government defaults on the loan, and renegotiates their water rights away to the bank, who then starts charging the people astronomical prices for water, and diverting it to cheap labor plants and fields, thus turning what once was a perfectly nice little village in to a dried up shell of it's former self, as people have to walk farther and farther to get to an AFFORDABLE clean enough water source to survive. This has been happening for decades  and has been well documented by a host of authors, but most notably by John Perkins in "Confession of an Economic Hitman".

This coin will redirect funds to help those people that would likely not have been diverted there without the coin. It may even help teach people how to create their own currency and slowly (or quickly, if infrastructure is pre-laid) erode the power wielded by the owners of the banks.

Resource robbing was one of those subjects I liked to discuss and blog about in college, the connection to which is what immediately drew me to the coin in the first place.

(For a great interview with the author mentioned above, look up "Speaking Freely" with John Perkins.)

The problem I have with watercoin is that it is more of a feel good thing, than something of actual substance and real world help. Obviously both of us have an understanding of the real world obstacles involved to actually provide clean water to a village. Sadly, many people hyping and praising watercoin have never left their hometown, much less lived in a third world country for any length of time. Even fewer, including myself, have visited a 4th world country.

It is admirable that people get excited and want to "help", but honestly folks, handing out some bottled water doesn't fix the problem. Villages in Africa need wells, protected by armed guards, with incorruptable overseers to make sure people needing the water get it. They need onsite purification facilities. What they don't need is a few bottles of water and empty promises.

Let me clue some of you in about how it works in the Philippines.........I'll use clothes as an example. You donate your clothes to Goodwill, they send them to the Philippines at the expense of Goodwill, where a corrupt customs official sells them by the kilo to the highest bidder. The winning bidder then takes those clothes and resells them to the public (after removing any higher value items they can resell in their "main" store) at places similar to flea markets or dollar stores. DO the locals appreciate it............yes, because they can get some decent clothes at a reasonable price. It is right? Not even slightly. You paid lets say $10 for a dress that fits a lil girl, she wore it a few times and outgrew it, you gave it to Goodwill wanting to be nice and help others.........but in this case at least two other people have profited by your "donation". At LEAST 2 people, as the winning bidder might have been another corrupt official that then resold them to the thrift store type people. Trust me......that lil girl dress wasn't acquired by the new lil girl for free.

I seriously doubt a shipment of bottled water arriving in the Philippines would fair any better. Customs can and will charge you up to 200% of the value of the import, ESPECIALLY if that import competes with a local vendor. I'm also fairly certain this doesn't only happen in the Philippines.

I feel it is important to help provide some clarity about some of your assumptions in your last post Xardas2014, and specifically about where the money goes when it is donated and what it is used for in helping to achieve our goals here at Clean Water Coin.

You see, bringing clean water to people looks different in every country. Water sources, terrain, and population all play a part in determining what technology is required to serve people well, but there’s a solution to everything. Below is a list of the number of approaches/technologies/solutions used to help bring clean water to people around the world.

1. Hand Dug Wells
Skilled laborers dig up to 15 meters by hand to reach aquifers below.

2. Drilled Wells
A drilling team drills deep into the earth to reach fresh aquifers.

3. Rainwater Catchments
Gutters on rooftops direct the flow of rainfall into a sanitary holding tank.

4. Gravity Fed Systems
The force of gravity feeds water into a community from an elevated source.

5. Piped Systems
Networks of pipes supply water to different community tap stands.

6. Water Purification Systems
Installed treatment systems remove contaminants from existing systems.

7. BioSand Filters
Layers of sand and microbacterial film filter out contaminants.

8. Spring Protections
A system captures and safely stores pure water from a natural spring.

9. Latrines
Covered shelters provide safety and privacy for bathroom users.

As you can see, it actually has nothing to do with just shipping off a bunch of Dasani or Arrowhead water bottles to 3rd & 4th world countries Wink -- doing so as you pointed out -- just provides temporary relief to these families and no lasting solution. We searched high and low in finding a team who had the infrastructure in place who could actually make a difference -- and that is why we have set up our Non-profit Organization centered around helping to support charity: water -- http://my.charitywater.org/digital-drop-initiative-the-launch

Going into this, I knew there would be skeptics and that there would be a fair share of people who would cry scam (what new coin doesn't get that TBH?) -- but we've done our best to ignore that outside noise and focus on our goal -- to help raise money to bring clean water to these families around the world who do not currently have access to it.

So far, in the first week of launching this coin -- we as a community have been fortunate to have donated over $2,000. 100% of that will be used to help bring clean water to 101 people. Think about that for a second... 101 people on this earth will soon be getting access to clean water because of something our community has helped to participate in.

That is surreal to think about, and makes me grateful to be apart of this crypto-community -- one of the more compassionate and giving communities that I have seen.

So on behalf of the rest of our Clean Water Coin Team, I want to thank each of you for your passion about this coin/cause, and your willingness to help join myself and our team and to be apart of something so much greater than ourselves.

Thank you again,
Zach

p.s I'd encourage you or anyone else for that matter who is more interested in learning about how the money we are donating is being put to work by going here: http://www.charitywater.org/projects/approach/

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Water_kel

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:23:44 AM

http://www.ecoinfund.com/vote

i find a Chinese exchange here, can someone lead to request adding water?

I'll show this to Water_kel.

thank you .
we should speed up to introduce CleanWaterCoin to Chinese, not after block 7,000, or even later.
shall we ?

waiting for reply from Chinese community manager.
Official Chinese ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555540.0
Naming Suggestion for Clean Water Coins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555566.0
Just simply write down a few words and you have a chance for getting 500 WATER or even more.
After the suggestion, a voting thread will be added. The voters can get free coins.
There is a more interesting feature for that giveaway. You will know very soon.
After that my plan is to promote the coin on QQ.
My ultimate aim is to help the coin to get on some Chinese media.
For that Chinese exchange, I will contact it today.
Do you have any suggestion for promoting this coin for Chinese?
Glad to see some Chinese here.

good.
QQ is necessary , every altcoin has a QQ group in China, or more .
Chinese media is also good.

my only suggestion is : speed up taking your plan actions , please. we've launched for days.
after block 7,000  ,reward will decrease , that's a little unfair to Chinese .
i have seen  a QQ group here :water水币cleanwatercoin 151277401
why do the official promotions  largely fall behind their fans?

agree , pls speed up your promotions .

同意!
I will.
I have my day job to do and I am not contributing all the time into the coin.
We need your help as my own power is not strong enough.
Please help to suggest one or two names for the coin and I will end the suggestion part.
The voting and giveaway part will be opened soon.
Due to the extremely low trading volume on http://www.ecoinfund.com/exchange, we are not considering this as our Chinese exchange site.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:29:25 AM

Water, I avoid the stuff. I know what fish do in it..............ewwww

I travel quite a bit and can tell you straight up an earlier poster is wrong. Most people in 3rd world countries do boil their water. To many it is almost a second religion.

Now to the watercoin/charity..........if you are just handing out bottled water to people, you are not helping even a tiny bit. What these countries need is a complete rebuild of the infrastructure from water purification plants, water mains, towers, curb to home plumbing, all the way down to new faucets. Almost none of the existing stuff is usable.

I got into a project to build a water tower in the Philippines and quickly found out it was pointless given the terrible condition of the current plumbing. Adding the water pressure the tower would have done..........well it would have ended badly. I suppose somewhere like darkest Africa it would actually be cheaper since you don't have any existing to have to tear out. But for most towns/villages in the Philippines or Vietnam, you have to tear it all out and start new. Tossing out a few bottles of water is utterly pointless.

The problem of infrastructure goes way beyond what this coin is trying to do.

"Infrastructure", or the desire to acquire it, is what often causes these water crisis. "Third-world" countries are raped by banks, who offer up rigged "loans" to corrupt governments, knowing they will never be able to repay them, and thus giving the bank a way to take the resources of the country in question. The debt is leveraged against the citizens in order to drive them in to poverty and then control their resources.

The bank starts this process when it approaches a struggling country and promises billions for "water infrastructure", the work for which is then immediately given to the banks subcontractors who build the infrastructure (thus cutting the locals out of the actions for the most part, and not helping their economy any more than building a temporary service industry for the foreign workers). So the country is loaned a few hundred million, or billions, and then it immediately gives a large portion of that money back to the bank, who has made sure that the contract states that only the BANKS subcontractor companies will do the work. The bank's subcontractor's do all the "improvements" that were promised, and when these improvements don't create all the money out of thin air that the banks promised the government and the citizens it would, and after the corrupt government and bank officials have pocketed millions, the bank comes looking for it's interest payments. And guess what? The country can't pay them. So the government defaults on the loan, and renegotiates their water rights away to the bank, who then starts charging the people astronomical prices for water, and diverting it to cheap labor plants and fields, thus turning what once was a perfectly nice little village in to a dried up shell of it's former self, as people have to walk farther and farther to get to an AFFORDABLE clean enough water source to survive. This has been happening for decades  and has been well documented by a host of authors, but most notably by John Perkins in "Confession of an Economic Hitman".

This coin will redirect funds to help those people that would likely not have been diverted there without the coin. It may even help teach people how to create their own currency and slowly (or quickly, if infrastructure is pre-laid) erode the power wielded by the owners of the banks.

Resource robbing was one of those subjects I liked to discuss and blog about in college, the connection to which is what immediately drew me to the coin in the first place.

(For a great interview with the author mentioned above, look up "Speaking Freely" with John Perkins.)

The problem I have with watercoin is that it is more of a feel good thing, than something of actual substance and real world help. Obviously both of us have an understanding of the real world obstacles involved to actually provide clean water to a village. Sadly, many people hyping and praising watercoin have never left their hometown, much less lived in a third world country for any length of time. Even fewer, including myself, have visited a 4th world country.

It is admirable that people get excited and want to "help", but honestly folks, handing out some bottled water doesn't fix the problem. Villages in Africa need wells, protected by armed guards, with incorruptable overseers to make sure people needing the water get it. They need onsite purification facilities. What they don't need is a few bottles of water and empty promises.

Let me clue some of you in about how it works in the Philippines.........I'll use clothes as an example. You donate your clothes to Goodwill, they send them to the Philippines at the expense of Goodwill, where a corrupt customs official sells them by the kilo to the highest bidder. The winning bidder then takes those clothes and resells them to the public (after removing any higher value items they can resell in their "main" store) at places similar to flea markets or dollar stores. DO the locals appreciate it............yes, because they can get some decent clothes at a reasonable price. It is right? Not even slightly. You paid lets say $10 for a dress that fits a lil girl, she wore it a few times and outgrew it, you gave it to Goodwill wanting to be nice and help others.........but in this case at least two other people have profited by your "donation". At LEAST 2 people, as the winning bidder might have been another corrupt official that then resold them to the thrift store type people. Trust me......that lil girl dress wasn't acquired by the new lil girl for free.

I seriously doubt a shipment of bottled water arriving in the Philippines would fair any better. Customs can and will charge you up to 200% of the value of the import, ESPECIALLY if that import competes with a local vendor. I'm also fairly certain this doesn't only happen in the Philippines.

I feel it is important to help provide some clarity about some of your assumptions in your last post Xardas2014, and specifically about where the money goes when it is donated and what it is used for in helping to achieve our goals here at Clean Water Coin.

You see, bringing clean water to people looks different in every country. Water sources, terrain, and population all play a part in determining what technology is required to serve people well, but there’s a solution to everything. Below is a list of the number of approaches/technologies/solutions used to help bring clean water to people around the world.

1. Hand Dug Wells
Skilled laborers dig up to 15 meters by hand to reach aquifers below.

2. Drilled Wells
A drilling team drills deep into the earth to reach fresh aquifers.

3. Rainwater Catchments
Gutters on rooftops direct the flow of rainfall into a sanitary holding tank.

4. Gravity Fed Systems
The force of gravity feeds water into a community from an elevated source.

5. Piped Systems
Networks of pipes supply water to different community tap stands.

6. Water Purification Systems
Installed treatment systems remove contaminants from existing systems.

7. BioSand Filters
Layers of sand and microbacterial film filter out contaminants.

8. Spring Protections
A system captures and safely stores pure water from a natural spring.

9. Latrines
Covered shelters provide safety and privacy for bathroom users.

As you can see, it actually has nothing to do with just shipping off a bunch of Dasani or Arrowhead water bottles to 3rd & 4th world countries Wink -- doing so as you pointed out -- just provides temporary relief to these families and no lasting solution. We searched high and low in finding a team who had the infrastructure in place who could actually make a difference -- and that is why we have set up our Non-profit Organization centered around helping to support charity: water -- http://my.charitywater.org/digital-drop-initiative-the-launch

Going into this, I knew there would be skeptics and that there would be a fair share of people who would cry scam (what new coin doesn't get that TBH?) -- but we've done our best to ignore that outside noise and focus on our goal -- to help raise money to bring clean water to these families around the world who do not currently have access to it.

So far, in the first week of launching this coin -- we as a community have been fortunate to have donated over $2,000. 100% of that will be used to help bring clean water to 101 people. Think about that for a second... 101 people on this earth will soon be getting access to clean water because of something our community has helped to participate in.

That is surreal to think about, and makes me grateful to be apart of this crypto-community -- one of the more compassionate and giving communities that I have seen.

So on behalf of the rest of our Clean Water Coin Team, I want to thank each of you for your passion about this coin/cause, and your willingness to help join myself and our team and to be apart of something so much greater than ourselves.

Thank you again,
Zach

p.s I'd encourage you or anyone else for that matter who is more interested in learning about how the money we are donating is being put to work by going here: http://www.charitywater.org/projects/approach/

Hope to see it hit five digits soon, and six later!

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
coinfinder000

Activity: 350

Swipe

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:40:19 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 05:57:30 AM by coinfinder000

Due to the extremely low trading volume on http://www.ecoinfund.com/exchange, we are not considering this as our Chinese exchange site.

yes ,  bter.com  and btc38.com  are the best for water.
but we should do more and more.  

http://www.ecoinfund.com/
i recommended this one as it doesn't supply CNY exchange,  central bank of China can not limit it as they are doing to  bter/btc38/okcoin/btcchina and any other popular exchanges now.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:42:17 AM

@Cleanwatercoin.........instead of quoting which floods the thread with very long posts, I'll kinda start a new reply.

You state 101 people will now have access to clean water, which is of course kewl if that means permanent access to clean water. For example spending $2000usd to dig a protected well that supplies 101 villagers might be a tad expensive, but worth the cost. If, however, that means rainwater catchments...........that is WAY OVER THE TOP expensive! I guess my point is very simple.......it matters a great deal WHAT is done with the donations, not just how many people it affects.

At no point think I am hate'n on ya or the concept. My posts relate to how the funds are actually used. As I pointed out, $2000usd for some makeshift guttering is obscene, while that same amount for a water purification system for a village of over 100 people is not only worthwhile but rather noble.

Short version: Don't tell me you spent $2000 to give water to 101 people. That is about $20 a person, but it tells me nothing about the long term sustainability of that expenditure.
pujing13

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:04:34 AM

@Cleanwatercoin.........instead of quoting which floods the thread with very long posts, I'll kinda start a new reply.

You state 101 people will now have access to clean water, which is of course kewl if that means permanent access to clean water. For example spending $2000usd to dig a protected well that supplies 101 villagers might be a tad expensive, but worth the cost. If, however, that means rainwater catchments...........that is WAY OVER THE TOP expensive! I guess my point is very simple.......it matters a great deal WHAT is done with the donations, not just how many people it affects.

At no point think I am hate'n on ya or the concept. My posts relate to how the funds are actually used. As I pointed out, $2000usd for some makeshift guttering is obscene, while that same amount for a water purification system for a village of over 100 people is not only worthwhile but rather noble.

Short version: Don't tell me you spent $2000 to give water to 101 people. That is about $20 a person, but it tells me nothing about the long term sustainability of that expenditure.

i think it's very clear that the donation will be used for clean water project! 
not buy water for people.

CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 06:07:13 AM

I guess the best answer I can give you is to check back once we reach our fundraising goal. Once the project is fully funded, we will get a very detailed report as to where the money went and how it was used to provide a long-term and lasting solution. If you would like to see an example of what I am referring to, go here: http://my.charitywater.org/p/myprojectsview?project_id=ET.GOH.Q4.09.048.213

Also keep in mind that $2,000 is just the beginning... there is a lot more money to raise. But it is a fantastic start in my opinion, and something I am proud to be apart of!

-Zach

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
walletcombile

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:09:02 AM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

500 votes now. let's vote , never stop .
voxelot

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:15:39 AM

I guess the best answer I can give you is to check back once we reach our fundraising goal. Once the project is fully funded, we will get a very detailed report as to where the money went and how it was used to provide a long-term and lasting solution. If you would like to see an example of what I am referring to, go here: http://my.charitywater.org/p/myprojectsview?project_id=ET.GOH.Q4.09.048.213

Also keep in mind that $2,000 is just the beginning... there is a lot more money to raise. But it is a fantastic start in my opinion, and something I am proud to be apart of!

-Zach

Also keep in mind that some of your funds raised are going towards funding the promotion and development of this coin.  I am waiting to see absolute transparency on every Water Coin that you have raised and where it has gone before I invest in this organization (a block explorer is a good first step).  This is a practice that the organizations you are donating to appear to do (and you could do even better if you use the technology bitcoin offers you).  It is understandable that you can use some coins to ensure the development of this coin is taken care of.  I would wait until a community of trust is built before doing so.  Again absolute transparency down to your home address... again you are a charity and you want to develop a solid community of people who will put value in this coin long term.  Not just pump and dump fanboys abusing charitable ideas (even though if you do this right charity will still gain from them).
Water_kel

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:25:11 AM

-Zach

Also keep in mind that some of your funds raised are going towards funding the promotion and development of this coin.  I am waiting to see absolute transparency on every Water Coin that you have raised and where it has gone before I invest in this organization (a block explorer is a good first step).  This is a practice that the organizations you are donating to appear to do (and you could do even better if you use the technology bitcoin offers you).  It is understandable that you can use some coins to ensure the development of this coin is taken care of.  I would wait until a community of trust is built before doing so.  Again absolute transparency down to your home address... again you are a charity and you want to develop a solid community of people who will put value in this coin long term.  Not just pump and dump fanboys abusing charitable ideas (even though if you do this right charity will still gain from them).
Time will tell everything Smiley
pujing13

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:10:51 AM

well, ask for help . can a miner tell me how many WATERs i will get with 1M hash /day?

33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 07:15:39 AM

well, ask for help . can a miner tell me how many WATERs i will get with 1M hash /day?
Just under 1000.
http://whatmine.com

maybe less I get about 3000 with 6M a day

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
walletcombile

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:19:47 AM

ladies and gentlemen,
attention please.  look at here
http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/

i think water should be here, it's a good chance.

water should be here! thanks.

@CleanWaterCoin

+1

why not ? it's not far away from Canifornia.

find the convention is interesting .
dev. , will you attend it ?
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:24:01 AM

-Zach

Also keep in mind that some of your funds raised are going towards funding the promotion and development of this coin.  I am waiting to see absolute transparency on every Water Coin that you have raised and where it has gone before I invest in this organization (a block explorer is a good first step).  This is a practice that the organizations you are donating to appear to do (and you could do even better if you use the technology bitcoin offers you).  It is understandable that you can use some coins to ensure the development of this coin is taken care of.  I would wait until a community of trust is built before doing so.  Again absolute transparency down to your home address... again you are a charity and you want to develop a solid community of people who will put value in this coin long term.  Not just pump and dump fanboys abusing charitable ideas (even though if you do this right charity will still gain from them).

I'm calling BS! You can't say gimme the money and once I get enough I'll say how it will be spent. Time will tell everything my ass.......without a transparent advance plan, only an idiot would invest.

Go into any bank, ask a banker for 1 million dollars. He will want to see your FULL business prospectus, full month by month expenditure analysis, full every dam thing. To then tell him..............oh I can't say yet, just gimme the money and I'll let you know later.........you'll get shown the door. FFS!
Ammon

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:50:47 AM

-Zach

I'm calling BS! You can't say gimme the money and once I get enough I'll say how it will be spent. Time will tell everything my ass.......without a transparent advance plan, only an idiot would invest.

Go into any bank, ask a banker for 1 million dollars. He will want to see your FULL business prospectus, full month by month expenditure analysis, full every dam thing. To then tell him..............oh I can't say yet, just gimme the money and I'll let you know later.........you'll get shown the door. FFS!

do you actually spend anytime reading before you roll your face across the keyboard??? like seriously...

these guys (clean water coin) aren't the ones making up the rules as to where the money goes, and it's not their burden to prove where the money they donate goes... that is up to charity water to account for. however, charity water has been audited by KPMG that backs their 100% claim... i doubt you will read that, so all that means is 100% of the money CWC donates is guaranteed to go out to the field to help fund clean water projects. if you decide to not be lazy, go here: http://www.charitywater.org/100percent/

now if you would use just the slightest bit of your brain and read the info zach posted you would of seen an example of a project that was funded and completed with a very transparent report... even a fancy google pin as to where the well was drilled: http://my.charitywater.org/p/myprojectsview?project_id=ET.GOH.Q4.09.048.213

please stop wasting all of our time with your idiotic and disillusion posts

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/2f08703.gif?w=320&h=240

BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:19:16 AM

-Zach

do you actually spend anytime reading before you roll your face across the keyboard??? like seriously...

these guys (clean water coin) aren't the ones making up the rules as to where the money goes, and it's not their burden to prove where the money they donate goes... that is up to charity water to account for. however, charity water has been audited by KPMG that backs their 100% claim... i doubt you will read that, so all that means is 100% of the money CWC donates is guaranteed to go out to the field to help fund clean water projects. if you decide to not be lazy, go here: http://www.charitywater.org/100percent/

now if you would use just the slightest bit of your brain and read the info zach posted you would of seen an example of a project that was funded and completed with a very transparent report... even a fancy google pin as to where the well was drilled: http://my.charitywater.org/p/myprojectsview?project_id=ET.GOH.Q4.09.048.213

I don't know how old you are to be so blind and not understanding that investors give their
Bitcoins to CleanWaterCoin and not to Charity Water, HUGE difference and a major flaw in your rant.
Let Adults with legitimate concerns express themselves.

Right now the gif joke is on you.
Xardas2014

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:25:05 AM

-Zach

Also keep in mind that some of your funds raised are going towards funding the promotion and development of this coin.  I am waiting to see absolute transparency on every Water Coin that you have raised and where it has gone before I invest in this organization (a block explorer is a good first step).  This is a practice that the organizations you are donating to appear to do (and you could do even better if you use the technology bitcoin offers you).  It is understandable that you can use some coins to ensure the development of this coin is taken care of.  I would wait until a community of trust is built before doing so.  Again absolute transparency down to your home address... again you are a charity and you want to develop a solid community of people who will put value in this coin long term.  Not just pump and dump fanboys abusing charitable ideas (even though if you do this right charity will still gain from them).

Apparently the concept of accountability eludes you. Party A is asking me to mine or invest. They intend to have Party B use that money.

It is not up to me to do the fucking research to see if Party B is doing the right thing. Party A is the one asking me for the dam money! When Party A can't tell me specifically how the funds will be spent, twits like you say go ask Party B. Party B is NOT the one asking me for money. Party A is the one accountable to me, and Party B doesn't even know I exist.

Until you get a full grasp on who is asking you for money and how/if they intend to be accountable..........stfu!
walletcombile

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:41:46 AM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

500 votes now. let's vote , never stop .

534 votes now.
dudupang

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:44:40 AM

mac wallet? anyone ? , I know this is a charity but Dev needs to spend some of that sweet IPO Btc on furthering the coin.
Spend money now on bounties etc. = more adoption = more money for charity

there's no block explorer ,  even it has launched 5 days, or 4 days?

when can we get it launch ?

Water_kel

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:32:38 AM

mac wallet? anyone ? , I know this is a charity but Dev needs to spend some of that sweet IPO Btc on furthering the coin.
Spend money now on bounties etc. = more adoption = more money for charity

there's no block explorer ,  even it has launched 5 days, or 4 days?

when can we get it launch ?
We are doing the final test.
I think it can be launched very soon or even when @CleanWaterCoin wakes up.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: