Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:56:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195667 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
free_istheway

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:13:48 PM

Attention Clean Water Coin Community,

With summer here, or right around the corner (depending on where you live), we have all been noodling the idea of switching over to X11. X11, as many of you know -- has proven to be a less expensive way to mine coins with slightly increased productivity. And so we would like to pose the question to each of you and get your feedback.

Should we hard fork and change to the X11 algorithm? Please let us know your thoughts, suggestions, or comments!! Grin

We look forward to hearing from you,
The Clean Water Coin Team

I vote for not forking again.
I think CWC has had a rough enough time gaining traction with previous forks and wallet problems that forking again is just going to be a step backward.
And then my personal selfish reason, is that I just got a couple of gridseeds (which are very energy efficient), and they don't like X11..  Wink
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 08:26:30 PM

Scrypt or X11: We Want To Hear From You!

With summer here, or right around the corner (depending on where you live), we have all been noodling the idea of switching over to X11. X11, as many of you know -- has proven to be a less expensive way to mine coins with slightly increased productivity. And so we would like to pose the question to each of you and get your feedback.

Should we hard fork and change to the X11 algorithm? Please let us know your thoughts, suggestions, or comments!! Grin

I think CWC has had a rough enough time gaining traction with previous forks and wallet problems that forking again is just going to be a step backward.
And then my personal selfish reason, is that I just got a couple of gridseeds (which are very energy efficient), and they don't like X11..  Wink

Hehe Wink

We actually are rolling out 1.7.0.3 very very soon which will have the nodes hardcoded in to get rid of any lingering syncing problems.

BTW, where did you get your gridseeds from? Like them so far?

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
free_istheway

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:00:29 PM

Hehe Wink

We actually are rolling out 1.7.0.3 very very soon which will have the nodes hardcoded in to get rid of any lingering syncing problems.

BTW, where did you get your gridseeds from? Like them so far?
1.7.0.3 sounds great! if you could smooth out the linux qt side as well, that would be extra sweet...

I actually got the gridseeds off craigslist, I like them..
I'm only running script, so I took the fans off, and they're running silent at about 4-5w each @ 340khs
Having said that, I also just ordered a couple GAW Fury's that are supposed to do 1.3mhs for about $105 each..
So we'll see how well those do when they show up..
RoyalSands

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

This is a great idea, in fact I was going to suggest it.  This would bring many new people to this community.
mattymatt813

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:48:08 PM

If anything do both X11 and Scrypt. Not just X11.
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:03:22 PM

This is a great idea, in fact I was going to suggest it.  This would bring many new people to this community.

Thanks for weighing in RoyalSands!

We agree that a possible change like this could definitely help attract some new attention and further grow/build the community. Looking forward to hearing others opinions as well Smiley

CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:06:01 PM

If anything do both X11 and Scrypt. Not just X11.

Interesting suggestion. Have you seen anybody else do this (successfully)?

mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:13:11 PM

I also tried compiling the qt client from the latest github.
I've compiled several other *coin qt clients without any problems on my system, but cleanwatercoin-qt failed everything I've tried.
with qmake/make:
make says:
<command-line>:0:2: error: no macro name given in #define directive
<command-line>:0:1: error: macro names must be identifiers
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

Anyway, I'm glad other issues seem to be all fixed up... I'm mining away, waiting for the 0.00000100's or better...
Thanks!

Thank you for informing me about this... It's me to blame and a stupid space character (actually 2).
I will have it fixed in the new version, but you can fix it easily if you want to build it right now.
Open your cleanwatercoin-qt.pro file

You will find this:
Code:
greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4) {
    QT += widgets
DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE = 0
}

You see the spaces after the QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE?
My stupid text editor thought it would be better if it had it with spaces, so it shows up better Oo

You should change it to:

Code:
    QT += widgets
DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0
}
(remove the spaces)

That was the problem and I'm very sorry I was the cause of all your troubles...
endchat

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:09:08 PM

I vote X11...but not both...scrypt has the advantage and the ASICS for scyrpt are out....and by the end of the year, they will be a huge force to be reckoned with.

X11 gpu miners don't stand any type of fair chance.

X11 is all I mine now...I wish I could mine CWC...but I am not playing the asic scrypt game.
free_istheway

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:17:20 PM

I also tried compiling the qt client from the latest github.
I've compiled several other *coin qt clients without any problems on my system, but cleanwatercoin-qt failed everything I've tried.
with qmake/make:
make says:
<command-line>:0:2: error: no macro name given in #define directive
<command-line>:0:1: error: macro names must be identifiers
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

Anyway, I'm glad other issues seem to be all fixed up... I'm mining away, waiting for the 0.00000100's or better...
Thanks!

Thank you for informing me about this... It's me to blame and a stupid space character (actually 2).
I will have it fixed in the new version, but you can fix it easily if you want to build it right now.
Open your cleanwatercoin-qt.pro file

You will find this:
Code:
    QT += widgets
DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE = 0
}

You see the spaces after the QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE?
My stupid text editor thought it would be better if it had it with spaces, so it shows up better Oo

You should change it to:

Code:
    QT += widgets
DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0
}
(remove the spaces)

That was the problem and I'm very sorry I was the cause of all your troubles...

Thanks for your quick response..
That helped!
The compile made it much further..
But alas, it got to build/bitcoin.o, and started complaining about:

build/bitcoin.o: In function `ThreadSafeHandleURI(std::string const&)':
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xabc): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xbd9): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)'
build/bitcoin.o: In function `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::string const&, std::string const&, int)':
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xc51): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xc68): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
build/bitcoin.o: In function `InitMessage(std::string const&)':
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xe3b): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
bitcoin.cpp:(.text+0xe95): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)'
build/bitcoin.o: In function `Translate(char const*)':

.... many more complaints from bitcoingui.cpp, transactiontablemodel.cpp, and addresstablemodel.cpp
and it ended with:

addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN16AddressTablePriv19refreshAddressTableEv[_ZN16AddressTablePriv19refreshAddressTableEv]+0x3ab): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)'
build/addresstablemodel.o: In function `QList<AddressTableEntry>::erase(QList<AddressTableEntry>::iterator, QList<AddressTableEntry>::iterator)':
addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN5QListI17AddressTableEntryE5eraseENS1_8iteratorES2_[_ZN5QListI17AddressTableEntryE5eraseENS1_8iteratorES2_]+0x4b): undefined reference to `QString::free(QString::Data*)'
build/addresstablemodel.o:addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN5QListI17AddressTableEntryE5eraseENS1_8iteratorES2_[_ZN5QListI17AddressTableEntryE5eraseENS1_8iteratorES2_]+0x7d): more undefined references to `QString::free(QString::Data*)' follow
build/addresstablemodel.o: In function `AddressTablePriv::updateEntry(QString const&, QString const&, bool, int)':
addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN16AddressTablePriv11updateEntryERK7QStringS2_bi[_ZN16AddressTablePriv11updateEntryERK7QStringS2_bi]+0xc9): undefined reference to `QString::operator<(QString const&) const'
addresstablemodel.cpp:(.text._ZN16AddressTablePriv11updateEntryERK7QStringS2_bi[_ZN16AddressTablePriv11updateEntryERK7QStringS2_bi]+0x171): undefined reference to `QString::operator<(QString const&) const'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cleanwatercoin-qt] Error 1

I can send the whole log if that would help.

Thanks
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 11:43:25 PM

I vote X11...but not both...scrypt has the advantage and the ASICS for scyrpt are out....and by the end of the year, they will be a huge force to be reckoned with.

X11 gpu miners don't stand any type of fair chance.

X11 is all I mine now...I wish I could mine CWC...but I am not playing the asic scrypt game.

Ya, we'd really be doing 1 or the other -- and so far X11 is clearly a front runner Wink

We are going to put up a poll so people can vote now.

CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 11:58:27 PM

Updated Windows Wallet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9AVjo3qD9DANUo1TUZHb3k2ODQ
We will be moving it off of Google Drive and over to our server tonight, but if you want to check it out -- there she is. Wink

New Source: https://github.com/CleanWaterCoin/cleanwatercoin
• DNS Seed connections enabled
• IRC Connections disabled
• Added "posmint" configuration directive to enable/disable PoS miner
• Corrected syntax errors

L1240erion

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:05:36 AM

x11 please  Smiley

free_istheway

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:54:09 AM

Updated Windows Wallet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9AVjo3qD9DANUo1TUZHb3k2ODQ
We will be moving it off of Google Drive and over to our server tonight, but if you want to check it out -- there she is. Wink

Both cleanwatercoin-qt  and cleanwatercoind compiled on linux with no problems!
Thanks!
welyoe

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:41:22 AM

wow thanks ... best coin

Ammon

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:41:53 AM

awesome!!!

+1 for X11

would start mining again if you made the switch for sure Grin Wink Grin
Oak

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:54:23 AM

+1 for X11

stoked to see you guys staying at this thing. h2o coin died.

keep swimming!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/34bcc1ca0466693392307810df154105/tumblr_mu8nr703Hl1s8q0guo1_500.gif
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:18:29 AM

Both cleanwatercoin-qt  and cleanwatercoind compiled on linux with no problems!
Thanks!

Great to hear!! Finally Wink

flaminius

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:22:53 PM

My vote is with X11... my rigs run nice and stable and my apartment is much cooler. But mostly I'd just like to see this coin stabilize and grow as it should, so if a hard fork is going to hurt that, maybe it's best left as is.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 05:39:40 PM

Our vote is for X11 as well -- its in line with Givecoin, our other preferred transactional coin -- plus its "power efficient" and our screen-saver has a fighting chance of generating real value.

Also on that note, please resist the urge to drop the confirmation time -- a one minute block is not really helping anyone -- it makes a 51% attack harder to counter.  Plus for these kind of "equity" or "stakeholder" coins we should have longer confirms.  Personally I'm starting to think an hour is reasonable! 

With the advent of the Scryptminers just around the corner, I don't want to see the pro-social coins get raped by people who are not into the coinbase for the right reasons...

Just my .02

David V Duccini
Executive Director
doabitofgood.com

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: