Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:35:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold?  (Read 5101 times)
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:38:34 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2021, 03:21:17 AM by Adreman23

I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?
It is always up to the people to decide what they will choose to be more valuable. But in our time now I think bitcoin is more advantageous or valuable than gold because we are in the digital age and most people will use bitcoin to speed up their transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 07:55:10 PM

It is always up to the people to decide what they will choose to be more valuable. But in our time now I think bitcoin is more advantageous or valuable than gold because we are in the digital age and most people will use bitcoin to speed up their transactions.
For the purposes of faster transactions, the choice is Bitcoin and that is very appropriate, but for long-term asset storage, there are three options that can be applied by everyone, first choosing Gold, second choosing a stable currency, and the third choosing Bitcoin can also be too risky if it doesn't get sold during a bear market.
JooBra

Merit: 162

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 08:17:57 PM

For the purposes of faster transactions, the choice is Bitcoin and that is very appropriate, but for long-term asset storage, there are three options that can be applied by everyone, first choosing Gold, second choosing a stable currency, and the third choosing Bitcoin can also be too risky if it doesn't get sold during a bear market.
Well it depends how long you plan to hold it. With crypto going to grow in next 5-10years it's better to hold BTC since for sure it will rise in value over bigger period of time.
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 08:56:34 PM

Cypto will be worth more than gold for certain at some point in time in the future. Are you talking of a specific coin or the whole market cap for all cryptos? I think even Bitcoin can go beyond gold's market cap.
skarais
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2021, 09:05:55 PM

Cypto will be worth more than gold for certain at some point in time in the future. Are you talking of a specific coin or the whole market cap for all cryptos? I think even Bitcoin can go beyond gold's market cap.
Bitcoin is more valuable than gold, this is because bitcoin can't be controlled by the government and is different from gold. Decentralization is a price that can be labeled much better than gold. When bitcoin can provide financial management freedom for its users, that is where bitcoin is more valuable than gold in my opinion. In terms of value, one unit of bitcoin today is probably the equivalent of 1 kg of gold. But decentralization is the real price that users want.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:16:45 PM

For me, cryptocurrency and gold are very different products that cannot compete with each other. After all, gold is such a metal that you can touch and admire. And cryptocurrency is a digital asset that can drop to zero at any moment and doesn't even cost a cent. So, these are two products that are very different and do not compare with each other.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:22:04 PM

For me, cryptocurrency and gold are very different products that cannot compete with each other. After all, gold is such a metal that you can touch and admire. And cryptocurrency is a digital asset that can drop to zero at any moment and doesn't even cost a cent. So, these are two products that are very different and do not compare with each other.

And if I may add, without gold, miners can't mine bitcoin. Because look at all the hardwares and equipment used for mining, one of the vital components is gold. So there is really no reason to compare these two. Maybe if you are talking about the market value, but when you talk about its vital uses. A lot of electronic gadgets are relying on gold. They are 2 different things with different reasons why they exist.
avadonne

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

https://vulcanforged.com/

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:55:41 PM

Bitcoin is more valuable than gold, this is because bitcoin can't be controlled by the government and is different from gold. Decentralization is a price that can be labeled much better than gold. When bitcoin can provide financial management freedom for its users, that is where bitcoin is more valuable than gold in my opinion. In terms of value, one unit of bitcoin today is probably the equivalent of 1 kg of gold. But decentralization is the real price that users want.

Bitcoin already passed the value of Gold. Though both asset are a good investment. But I must say, Bitcoin is now more valuable than Gold because of the surge in price this year from last year. Bitcoin increases very fast that is why people are more into Bitcoin than Gold. You know, many people are impatient that they want a quick profit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kenelmark

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 04:33:09 PM

Well it depends how long you plan to hold it. With crypto going to grow in next 5-10years it's better to hold BTC since for sure it will rise in value over bigger period of time.
That is clear, but there are also other tokens that are better to hold in the long run than BTC, because the benefits will also be almost the same as for us holding BTC, for example like holding 10 units of ETH from 2018 to the present, obviously the benefits are fantastic I think.
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 05:17:13 PM

I don't know how you compare them, but right now the capitalization of gold is much larger than that of Bitcoin.
If you invest the same amount at a specific time, you can make relative conclusions about the value of the crypto you have listed with more valuable gold. I believe in gold stability over crypto because I have seen the loss in a downtrend from 2018 to 2020.
I would choose both gold and crypto to hold instead of 1 of 2.
drwoo

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 06:42:58 PM

Government isn't just "bad". It depends on the government of course, but having something that rivals with the offerings from the government and the financial industry is important for the global and social equilibrium.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 12:28:58 PM

Of course, just look at the bitcoin price mate, bitcoin ATH price is above $60k which is high.
Now cryptocurrency bull run is happening, crypto is getting more precious and i would say it is more valuable than gold.
Although there are countless useless coins in cryptocurrency, the top coins on the market are really valuable.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
drwoo

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 09:19:19 AM

Of course, just look at the bitcoin price mate, bitcoin ATH price is above $60k which is high.
Now cryptocurrency bull run is happening, crypto is getting more precious and i would say it is more valuable than gold.
Although there are countless useless coins in cryptocurrency, the top coins on the market are really valuable.

It may also be a question of preference. Perhaps some people value it more to have a bunch of ounces of gold in their based instead of having to deal with digital technology.

Very subjective, but younger people will almost certainly prefer Bitcoin over gold.

If you are an old guy and you have to deal with private keys and stuff, maybe you just don't want the hassle.
kenelmark

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 07:51:34 PM

Government isn't just "bad". It depends on the government of course, but having something that rivals with the offerings from the government and the financial industry is important for the global and social equilibrium.
Why do you think that is important? because at this time there are still many governments in different countries that do not like offers that deviate from state regulations, so they also do not want to compete even though this can have an effect on global and social balance.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2021, 10:29:50 PM

Cryptocurrencies are already more valuable than solid gold
The last time i checked, 1 BTC is worth more than 1 bar of 24k gold and this is only just 13 years since BTC was 1st created
The price will inevitably still go a lot higher and while gold will retain value better since its price is far less volatile, BTC will be a lot more valuable than it is today

kenelmark

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 07:15:24 PM

Cryptocurrencies are already more valuable than solid gold
The last time i checked, 1 BTC is worth more than 1 bar of 24k gold and this is only just 13 years since BTC was 1st created
The price will inevitably still go a lot higher and while gold will retain value better since its price is far less volatile, BTC will be a lot more valuable than it is today
Yes, in general the price of Gold is more suitable to be said to be stable because the changes are only very small in size and often stay at the same price for a very long duration, in contrast to Bitcoin which continues to experience price increases in seconds, so basically the more valuable ones remain in both although one is more expensive and one is cheaper.
Kabul

Activity: 619

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 07:21:21 PM

bitcoin will be more valuable than gold for sure. More people are putting their money in this digital asset instead of gold because it is lighter, convenient and faster. You can transfer bitcoin around the world without any boundary. It might take a long time for bitcoin to succesfully surpass gold but it is worth to wait

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

kenelmark

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 07:16:09 PM

bitcoin will be more valuable than gold for sure. More people are putting their money in this digital asset instead of gold because it is lighter, convenient and faster. You can transfer bitcoin around the world without any boundary. It might take a long time for bitcoin to succesfully surpass gold but it is worth to wait
Now in general Bitcoin has surpassed gold in terms of its price, but in terms of risk I don't think it can be surpassed because gold is still very safe to store when someone already has it, unlike Bitcoin if you store it in the wrong place, then you will experience loss. and that includes a very big risk.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 08:18:35 PM

I think Cryptocurrency (especially Bitcoin) will be more valuable than gold. And the reason for this is because bitcoin is limited in supply (unlike gold that is being mined and discovered regularly). There is only a limited number of bitcoin that could ever be created, which follows the simple law of demand and supply, "when supply is limited demand would surely increase".

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 08:49:41 PM

Gold to me seems to be comleting its life cycle, there was a time when Cowries use to be valuable it is no more, though Gold will retain its value due to the demand for Jewelries and taste from high class people in the society but it will no longer be seen as the Store of Value that it is now. Crypto has come to take the front seat

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: