Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:08:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Crypto be more valuable than gold?  (Read 5101 times)
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2021, 11:18:56 PM

I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

Of course, crypto such as Bitcoin is more valuable than Gold. Unless you ask those who are not familiar with Crypto. Gold is also very rare, and difficult to obtain, but so far there has been no gold price that has increased to $500.
Actually, it depends, but it's feasible that in the near future, crypto will be more valuable than gold. Gold, like bitcoin, is extremely scarce and limited, but most people are pragmatic and prefer tangible goods to intangibles like bitcoin. However, if bitcoin continues to increase, I am confident that it will become more profitable and will soon overtake gold.

Today, the majority of people are interested in technology and are open to employing a variety of applications, including crypto, thus I believe that crypto will outperform any tangible asset.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 02:00:23 AM

Of course it will happen in the near future, even though the price of crypto still volatile i think BTC has big potential to be more valuable than gold. But for any other alts i think it will take a long time to more valuable than gold.
Isn't the current bitcoin price also very expensive compared to gold, and gold also has high fluctuations. the difference is only when gold has been recognized by all countries and all societies, but gold has an infinite supply, different with bitcoin

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2156
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 03:04:07 AM

I have thought that one key advantage crypto (bitcoin, litecoin, Dash, monero etc.) has over gold is that its supply level is fixed and transparent, but can this or features make crypto more valuable than gold?

According to definitely this makes it more valuable.
As you know many assets follow the rule of supply and demand , same happens with cryptos too.
When we know that the crypto has a fixed amount present in the market and the demand of the coin is more, thus it makes the increase of the price of the coin, making the coin more valuable.
It’s just the basic law when you buy or sell an antique peace.
So yes Crypto will be definitely more valuable than gold and very soon everyone will accept it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 03:43:53 AM

Isn't the current bitcoin price also very expensive compared to gold, and gold also has high fluctuations. the difference is only when gold has been recognized by all countries and all societies, but gold has an infinite supply, different with bitcoin
gold is not as volatile as bitcoin. if you compare the price of course bitcoin becomes a better attraction than gold. but if you look at the risks of investing in gold, it is clearly superior because the market movement is slower than bitcoin.

if the question is which one is better. I think all of that is subjective. when you ask people who like to invest in gold, of course, gold is better. but if you ask a crypto investor then you can guess how the answer from that investor.

both are good in my opinion because I also keep precious metals like gold. and I also trade in the crypto market. both provide long-term and short-term benefits for me.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 09:17:19 AM

I think currently the price of bitcoin has beaten the price of gold and in my opinion bitcoin is more valuable than gold, whereas altcoins still can't do that because currently only a few altcoins have high prices because they get very strong investor support.
the current bitcoin price is already very expensive, so I feel that way too. although there are still many people who think that gold is much more valuable, but, in fact, nowadays people are still looking for bitcoins, even the number is increasing. besides, the price of gold didn't grow that much in 5 years, but the price of bitcoin really did grow in a short period of time.
Caldear

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 10:08:40 AM

Bitcoin has more storage value than gold. Bitcoin as the king of encryption, exceeds the value of gold. Cryptocurrency is easy to store and trade, and many new users invest in it, which brings huge profits to investors. Cryptocurrency is the trend of future development.
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 10:09:49 AM

Yes, it is, bitcoin will be more valuable than gold especially in the long term, cryptocurrency is now the future, for those who are still in fiat currency and dont even care about exploring cryptocurrency then for sure they will still be poor in their loves unless they have a good income in the real life. Hodl bitcoin now and help your family in the future.
There is no need to hesitate with bitcoin because it is a long-term and very promising asset,
at least we can see the price of bitcoin every year go up,
although gold is also a good investment but I will still choose bitcoin and for sure everyone has their own view about bitcoin or gold investment

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 01:53:56 PM

recently apple founder Steve Wozniak said bitcoin will have more value than gold because its  a miracle technology ( https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-is-a-miracle-and-better-than-gold-says-apple-co-founder-wozniak )that bring efficiency in any field not only at payment system. Ledger technology will bring more advantages if applied in any field.
ROBERT B

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 06:16:13 AM

Do you mean use? or financial value?

I think the value of bitcoin is far greater than that of gold. Although I did not invest in gold, the stability of gold is really good now. Bitcoin has volatility. Because of the volatility of bitcoin, people will choose bitcoin to invest, but bitcoin will eventually become less volatile, but it has a practical value, it can make small payments, it’s portable, and it’s hot right now, and it has a great future.
Liamttw

Activity: 126
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 07:39:02 AM

Cryptocurrency will be more valuable in the future. Bitcoin is scarce, and when demand continues to increase, its value will increase. Bitcoin is the mainstream currency in the crypto market. More and more investors are pouring into the crypto market. Most of them will choose Bitcoin, which has great recognition of the value of Bitcoin. Digital currency is an inevitable trend, and encrypted currency will be more valuable than gold.
sherenikaw

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 08:22:30 AM

I think it's true because we can make big profit from crypto. For example a few years ago the price of BTC was still low and now the price is high and I'm sure Btc investors have felt a big profit. Investing in crypto or gold has its own advantages and also risks. Investing in gold the prices tend to be stable so the losses are not that big.But Personally, if I had to choose, I would prefer to invest in crypto which has good prospects.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
bison

Activity: 778
Merit: 100

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 11:29:28 AM

There is no need to hesitate with bitcoin because it is a long-term and very promising asset,
although gold is also a good investment but I will still choose bitcoin and for sure everyone has their own view about bitcoin or gold investment

Yes, everyone is free to decide whether they want to invest in BTC or gold, everyone has their own perspective, for myself when looking at the price, BTC is easier to increase, but gold has an advantage where the price tends to be more stable.

drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 02:41:56 PM

Yes, everyone is free to decide whether they want to invest in BTC or gold, everyone has their own perspective, for myself when looking at the price, BTC is easier to increase, but gold has an advantage where the price tends to be more stable.

I am all for those who choose whatever they wish to do. What I don't like that much is if you constantly attack the people who invest in something you don't invest into. Everybody should do as they please. Bitcoin has its merits beyond doubt and gold does, too. What you often see is hardcore gold investors attack cryptocurrencies with arguments that we have been hearing for almost a decade now.
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 03:13:34 PM

then what do you choose, gold or BTC?
The world bank's fear of crypto may be enormous when BTC becomes more valuable than gold. according to all the people in the world.
the crypto market every year is experiencing an increase in adoption. and I believe we are now getting closer to believing that BTC is indeed better than gold.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 03:46:48 PM

The world bank's fear of crypto may be enormous when BTC becomes more valuable than gold. according to all the people in the world.
the crypto market every year is experiencing an increase in adoption. and I believe we are now getting closer to believing that BTC is indeed better than gold.
Why would a world bank fear of the cryptocurrency market, the only aspect they can do is to warn everyone of the huge volatility and the fear they will be having is people moving away from traditional investment methods to highly volatile markets like cryptocurrency should be seen as a red flag about the shift in investments and how they are willing to trade in highly volatile markets.

It is better not to compare Bitcoin and gold as both are different investment forms altogether and it does not make any sense comparing them.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 04:02:12 PM

In my opinion, bank fear of crypto has nothing to do with gold, because even if BTC is more valuable than gold, of course it has no effect on banking at all, and the main factor that makes banks afraid of crypto is because of the open and decentralized database system on the blockchain, because Blockchain not only makes it possible to make money transactions safer, faster, and cheaper but can also be a means to store assets, so that when blockchain develops rapidly it will certainly make banks go bankrupt because people prefer to make transactions and store their assets digitally, and it is certain that the bank will suffer the same fate as the mail delivery agency which has to switch functions due to the relatively faster presence of email.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 04:38:05 PM

I think cryptocurrency and gold are equivalent and nothing is more valuable, because both are very good to be used as a long-term investments, but if you want to invest with a small risk and the profit you get is also small then of course gold is the right choice, because cryptocurrency has a big risk than gold, but of course the profit you get from investing in cryptocurrency are also big than gold, therefore I prefer to invest in cryptocurrency, because I think cryptocurrency can make me rich quickly.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Of course it is still far to compare crypto with gold, all people in the world can receive gold and no more than 10% of the world's population uses crypto, crypto is more valuable if the market cap of crypto is greater than gold.

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 10, 2021, 11:48:08 PM

That's right, and I personally have also chosen both for a long time to be an investment asset in the long term, because when I have money, I always divide it into two parts, half for BTC and half for Gold, because I think both are clearly the same good to choose.
diversify into gold and bitcoin was best decision ever in our investment. Gold price history from year to year show its as best assets, with limited supply like gold bitcoin also show impressive price history every 4 years.maybe for next 4 or 5 years from now on , our investment in gold and bitcoin could growth more than 3x. fiat have huge inflation and put our money into limited assets was good decision.

Diversification is really good in terms of investments. Gold which has been here since humankind exists, is still very valuable today. But it depends on the priorities of the person himself. Sometimes they will choose crypto because it is easy to handle, whereas with gold, it needs a lot of documentation. But if you can afford to invest in these 2, that would be better. We can say, btc may be valuable in terms of price as compared to gold. But gold has other tangible uses that crypto can never offer like in electronics or even mining equipment. Without gold, I don't think there will be equipment that you can use to mine btc.
bison

Activity: 778
Merit: 100

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 11, 2021, 04:13:46 AM

I am all for those who choose whatever they wish to do. What I don't like that much is if you constantly attack the people who invest in something you don't invest into. Everybody should do as they please. Bitcoin has its merits beyond doubt and gold does, too. What you often see is hardcore gold investors attack cryptocurrencies with arguments that we have been hearing for almost a decade now.

I invested in both, although not so much because of the limited capital I have for both, and it should be noted that I'm not forcing others to follow my way, I'm just explaining from what I experienced. Between Bitcoin and Gold both have their respective strengths.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: