Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:41:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046662 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 02:55:10 AM

The only funny business is that with the latest few versions of OSX it defaults to hide the library folder and you have to do something to make it visible.  anyone can google "show library folder OSX" and find out how to do this though.  its not fucking rocket science, but i dunno, maybe all these words i am saying just do not register in mind of a cave man?  

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 03:17:13 AM

UNO is #2 in volume on Bleutrade today due to a large sell order placed at 0.0061. There's still some left. Won't take much more volume to put it at #1, it's a small exchange so that isn't hard to do, but it's always good for exposure. 

damn, i wanted that chunk so bad, but my BTC order hasn't come thru yet.  hope theres still some cheap uno left for me when coins arrive.  haven't been able to make an uno buy for a couple months now
Sorry, man. I ate the last of it.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 03:18:18 AM

The only funny business is that with the latest few versions of OSX it defaults to hide the library folder and you have to do something to make it visible.  anyone can google "show library folder OSX" and find out how to do this though.  its not fucking rocket science, but i dunno, maybe all these words i am saying just do not register in mind of a cave man?  

LOL.

"Your modern smart phones are also frightening."

Nostr:
Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:26:35 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 08:21:16 AM by Zelig

Morning, Siameze! Us Australians got hammered by a Pure Bastardry Tax of 10% on Bitcoin purchases. Then a mob called 'Independent Reserve,' whom we now use, figured out a 'non-custodial' model: they don't actually buy and sell the Bitcoin, so the 10% is not due.

And bein' libertarians, we are, anyway, pleased to see the rise of 'non-custodial' exchanges.

Mark

Good morning, UNOverse!  What is taking the blockchain so long?  40 fricken minutes now ... finally two confirmations, but no pending deposits on Cryptsy.  Bloody hell  ... I need to buy some UNO and quick so I can gets to bed.  Sleep is sweet to the workin' man...

For those who haven't met me; Hello, I'm Zelig.  For those who know or remember me; I finally got the job I was after ... but now, I'm thinking, "Be careful what you wish for...", as I am now putting in long days working in and commuting to San Francisco.  

Hope all is well...

Z <-- Libertarian

Finally... had to send a ticket to Cryptsy, but zero gravity for today, at least, amigos and amigas... Hope to buy more once those paychecks start rolling in... At present, I'm still operating at a deficit... 6 new suits, monthly ferry pass (August and September - $307 each) and the cost of lunch in the city, plus, you know, beers on the ferry ride home... (a beer on the ferry presently costs 3.44 UN)

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:41:19 AM

Hey, Zelig! Dang good to see you. We need all capable Uno folk on deck at present.

m
Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:26:24 AM

Hey, Zelig! Dang good to see you. We need all capable Uno folk on deck at present.

m

Thanks, IMZ... Like I said, long days... I get up at 5 AM and on the ferry at 6:30 AM.  1 hour ride followed by half mile walk; arrive at work at 7:45 AM.  Board the return home ferry at 5:15 PM.  Home by 6:30 PM.  Eat dinner while watching the news... pass out.  Repeat.  Exhausted.  

I work here; https://www.google.com/maps/place/350+California+St,+San+Francisco,+CA+94109/@37.7933793,-122.4008561,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x808580933bce0f7f:0xe87d80d7c381d185

Z

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:37:07 AM

m

Thanks, IMZ... Like I said, long days... I get up at 5 AM and on the ferry at 6:30 AM.  1 hour ride followed by half mile walk; arrive at work at 7:45 AM.  Board the return home ferry at 5:15 PM.  Home by 6:30 PM.  Eat dinner while watching the news... pass out.  Repeat.  Exhausted. 

I work here; https://www.google.com/maps/place/350+California+St,+San+Francisco,+CA+94109/@37.7933793,-122.4008561,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x808580933bce0f7f:0xe87d80d7c381d185

Z

Take a packed lunch & drink water!!

Im assuming cycling to work is out of the question?!

fucking 307 for a seat on a ferry!! disgusting!
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:55:02 PM

More of that is needed, people that are intuitive enough to search for answers. I have no qualms at all helping anyone or staying up all night if need be to help a fellow community member get their shit together. People that demand answers and have inflated senses of entitlement rarely get that luxury.

In businesses that I assist, this is a daily problem. Intuition is not the problem, it is a function of pure laziness.

Not to be too much of an old-timer, but much of the current generation growing up has never had to do anything for themselves because their helicoptor mums have done everything. Pure ignorance.

When a person expects to receive a trophy for showing up to the last football match, but has never been present at a single practice, he / she sure as hell will not be able nor willing to solve a simple problem like putting a .conf file in a directory.

If you don't build your dreams, then you will likely be left building on the dreams of others.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 12:57:41 PM

Welcome back, Zelig! Good to hear your story. Each day is an adventure that ends in expensive beer. Not bad, really.

Nostr:
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:08:50 PM

Hi Guys!  Caveman here!

You all have your heads up your asses.

The product is broken.  It doesn't work.  I could learn in 20 minutes how to discombobulate the UPD-47 Unit to make the wallet work.

But why should I or anyone have to do that?

If I was going to sell you a car, and I told you it's worth as much as a Bently, but you have to open the hood and jiggle the carburetor and fill the radiator every time you wanted to start the car, would you buy the car?

Is that a car you could put on the market and expect new consumers to want?  Could you explain that to people in Chinese?

Yep, fun to mock me out.  Fun to explain to me how I have to pop open the hood to make your shitty car run and fun to mock me because I feel entitled to a car where you just turn the key and drive off.  Big fun.

Get a decent Dev that gives a shit about the basics--making the product work.  This project is headless, and people can buy coins where the wallets just work.

UNO is broken. That's why it is down.  Nobody buys a broken coin.  Mac users don't pop the hood any more often than Bently owners do.

Pull your heads out.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 02:22:38 PM

Yep, fun to mock me out.  Fun to explain to me how I have to pop open the hood to make your shitty car run and fun to mock me because I feel entitled to a car where you just turn the key and drive off.  Big fun.

UNO is broken. That's why it is down.  Nobody buys a broken coin.  Mac users don't pop the hood any more often than Bently owners do.

Pull your heads out.

You are mocked due to your fun-loving attitude and interpersonal communication skills.

Since UNO is broken, do what any unsatisfied consumer would do: Return it to the store, take your refund and get the hell on down the road to your next adventure!

Cheers!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:29:47 PM

Pull your heads out.

You are mocked due to your fun-loving attitude and interpersonal communication skills.

Since UNO is broken, do what any unsatisfied consumer would do: Return it to the store, take your refund and get the hell on down the road to your next adventure!

Cheers!

Also: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque  Roll Eyes

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:40:41 PM

Pull your heads out.

Cheers!

Also: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque  Roll Eyes

Clearly, you are firmly committed to keeping your heads firmly lodged in your asses, continuing to make this about me, instead of the faulty product you would like new people to purchase.

I very politely brought this up months ago, and was presented with a roll of duct tape and told to jerry-rig the solution on my own, fixing the product itself be damned.

At that point, I understood the essential fault in UNO:  it is based on hope, a prayer, and lots of duct tape.  No leadership.  No stewardship or concern for quality.  You rely on "rare and fair" and overlook the FACT that the project has no technical stewardship, and seriously lacks a rudder.

Ad Hominem attacks instead of action.  It is being sold, by many more than me, because it's broke, and no repairs are even being considered.

natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 03:51:33 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 04:16:55 PM by natmccoy

Gekko: I value your input & your influence, let's break this down as a community and objectively analyze each characteristic of UNO as it stands now, both positive and negative.

Preferably, each bold question will be addressed by someone with the knowledge to address it properly.

1) Gekko's Mac wallet will not sync and he does not want to bother with learning how to find a recently hidden folder and paste a .conf file. He doesn't want to do this because he doesn't think he should have to, we should have a dev who can say within a month, "There, I found the issue and fixed it, re-download the wallet Gekko." That is a fair point, but two things need to be addressed here.

If 100 Mac users download the wallet, how many of them will find their clients to sync fully and properly from the first attempt? A few users have responded just in the last day stating that their Mac wallets work fine, even on a virtual machine. On that note, I personally have had 0 problems with Windows wallet or Android. I have always found connections within seconds of starting the wallet, the blockchain syncs at a very impressive rate, I am able to import private keys from brain wallets, backup procedures and sending/receiving funds is flawless, transactions confirm quickly and reliably. For me it meets no criteria of the word 'broken', but I suppose it's the reliability of the Mac .conf directories that are in question?

Why do .conf node directories become insufficient in the first place, and how can that be prevented? Does this ever happen with bitcoin, dogecoin, NXT or any of the other top clients?

2) Liquidity (Gekko addressed this in a recent reddit comment). It is not an issue right now that $200 moves the price, that is 0.1% of the market cap, $3,000,000 also moves the bitcoin price. Sure it wouldn't move the price +60%, but you just can't compare altcoin markets to that of bitcoin due to sheer scale differences. The markets are healthy and if people want to acquire UNO or leave the market they can. Put 1% of UNO for sale at 0.006 and it will be gone in a day or two. Put a buy order for 1% of UNO at 0.007 or 0.008 and it may be filled in a day. We are operating on more exchanges and have more trade pairs than probably 90 or 95% of cryptocurrencies. We consistently have very respectable volume, as I detailed in a recent reddit post about 5.5% of all coins have traded hands in the last month alone. (link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unobtanium/comments/3ja8xb/exchange_volume_totals_past_30_days_accumulation/) If anyone can compile data of how UNO has ranked of all 600+ cryptocurrencies in volume over the last 1 year and 1 month, that would be fantastic. That may be very difficult though, sites like coinmarketcap only seem to allow you to sort by 24h volume, which fluctuates for all currencies significantly.

3) Strength of Network & hashrate. Unobtanium currently has the second-highest hashrate of all 600+ cryptos. That is incredible!

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency?sort=hashrate&dir=desc

4) Developer. We payed for Android wallets recently, Cryptapus has given us many great features at cryptap.us, LearnMiner runs a great looking website (although I messaged him 2-4 weeks ago about removing Comkort from the website, I got to no response and it is still listed there.) It appears to me that stuff just gets done when people want it, with UNO valued at $280,000 people have incentive to expand the features and maintain progress (albeit gradual) so they either pay for it or do it themselves. However, do we have someone who's responsible for core development and keeping things running smoothly? Who got merged mining working properly earlier this year? Who published the mac and windows clients?

5) (edited in after original post): The recent dumping. It seems to be an active effort to dump the price. Gekko has stated in several exchange chatbox statements and reddit comments that himself and several others are behind this. He has also claimed that he plans to dump more, he says it in a threatening way. As FallingKnife has stated, if someone truly wanted to cash out they would have placed sell orders around 0.01 and gotten them filled slowly. I know it may seem cliche by now when people attribute price changes with any coin to manipulation, but often that is he case & in this instance Gekko wants people to think that's the case. Whether he is speaking the truth or using the price drop to spread believable lies, I do not know. What is certain is the he is trying to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt in the most literal meaning.

Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 04:00:12 PM

m

Thanks, IMZ... Like I said, long days... I get up at 5 AM and on the ferry at 6:30 AM.  1 hour ride followed by half mile walk; arrive at work at 7:45 AM.  Board the return home ferry at 5:15 PM.  Home by 6:30 PM.  Eat dinner while watching the news... pass out.  Repeat.  Exhausted.  

Z

damn, 1 hr ferry...is that the vallejo--ferry building line?

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 04:05:50 PM

Gekko: I value your input & your influence, let's break this down as a community and objectively analyze each characteristic of UNO as it stands now, both positive and negative.

Preferably, each bold item will be addressed by someone with the knowledge to address it properly.

1) Gekko's Mac wallet will not sync and he does not want to bother with learning how to find a recently hidden folder and paste a .conf file. He doesn't want to do this because he doesn't think he should have to, we should have a dev who can say within a month, "There, I found the issue and fixed it, re-download the wallet Gekko." That is a fair point, but two things need to be addressed here.

If 100 Mac users download the wallet, how many of them will find their clients to sync fully and properly from the first attempt? A few users have responded just in the last day stating that their Mac wallets work fine, even on a virtual machine. On that note, I personally have had 0 problems with Windows wallet or Android. I have always found connections within seconds of starting the wallet, the blockchain syncs at a very impressive rate, I am able to import private keys from brain wallets, backup procedures and sending/receiving funds is flawless, transactions confirm quickly and reliably. For me it meets no criteria of the word 'broken', but I suppose it's the reliability of the Mac .conf directories that are in question?

Why do .conf node directories become insufficient in the first place, and how can that be prevented? Does this ever happen with bitcoin, dogecoin, NXT or any of the other top clients?

2) Liquidity (Gekko addressed this in a recent reddit comment). It is not an issue right now that $200 moves the price, that is 0.1% of the market cap, $3,000,000 also moves the bitcoin price. The markets are healthy and if people want to acquire UNO or leave the market they can. Put 1% of UNO for sale at 0.006 and it will be gone in a day or two. Put a buy order for 1% of UNO at 0.007 or 0.008 and it may be filled in a day. We are operating on more exchanges and have more trade pairs than probably 90 or 95% of cryptocurrencies. We consistently have very respectable volume, as I detailed in a recent reddit post about 5.5% of all coins have traded hands in the last month alone. (link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unobtanium/comments/3ja8xb/exchange_volume_totals_past_30_days_accumulation/) If anyone can compile data of how UNO has ranked of all 600+ cryptocurrencies in volume over the last 1 year, 3 months, and 1 month, that would be fantastic. That may be very difficult though, sites like coinmarketcap only seem to allow you to sort by 24h volume, which fluctuates for all currencies significantly.

3) Strength of Network & hashrate. Unobtanium currently has the second-highest hashrate of all 600+ cryptos. That is incredible!

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency?sort=hashrate&dir=desc

4) Developer. We payed for Android wallets recently, Cryptapus has given us many great features at cryptap.us, LearnMiner runs a great looking website (although I messaged him 2-4 weeks ago about removing Comkort from the website, I got to no response and it is still listed there.) It appears to me that stuff just gets done when people want it, with UNO valued at $280,000 people have incentive to expand the features and maintain progress (albeit gradual) so they either pay for it or do it themselves. However, do we have someone who's responsible for core development and keeping things running smoothly? Who got merged mining working properly earlier this year? Who published the mac and windows clients?

Peer discovery isn't perfect, mainly because the majority of coins replicated from bitcoin carry over the broken irc peer discovery method. Seriously, if I connect to irc.lfnet.org I can see every flavor of shitcoin representing in their respective channels. I usually snip this functionality before building.

More info on how this works can be seen here: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/2027/how-does-the-bitcoin-client-make-the-initial-connection-to-the-bitcoin-network/2030#2030

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 04:18:38 PM

So what method of peer discovery does UNO use? Is there a better method out there? If so, we need to utilize that method for Unobtanium. Problem solved.

siameze
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 04:40:33 PM

So what method of peer discovery does UNO use? Is there a better method out there? If so, we need to utilize that method for Unobtanium. Problem solved.

UNO uses the same method as BTC: https://github.com/unobtanium-official/Unobtanium/blob/master/src/net.cpp  Line 1069 or so starts the magic.

irc peer discovery was removed in bitcoin here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/c2efd981aa14e94cce4a0a888b6ee1f4e4347924 so UNO clients don't use this outdated method of discovery anymore, which can cause more problems than it solves. If you were around BTC in the early days, clients would often get k-lined for connect/disconnect issues.

A properly set up .conf file is by far the best approach and can increase your security by directing your client to only connect to trusted peers.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 04:42:34 PM

the product isnt broken.

your ability to think for yourself is.

you sound like an idiot with a keyless ignition moaning the keyhole is missing, therefore the vehicle wont start and is worthless

id suggest you spend less time doing whatever you do, and more time solving the problem that ONLY you seem to have

but that would mean doing something other than merely repeating yourself.

...or just sell your coins and STFU forever
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 05:08:41 PM

UNO uses the same method as BTC: https://github.com/unobtanium-official/Unobtanium/blob/master/src/net.cpp  Line 1069 or so starts the magic.

irc peer discovery was removed in bitcoin here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/c2efd981aa14e94cce4a0a888b6ee1f4e4347924 so UNO clients don't use this outdated method of discovery anymore, which can cause more problems than it solves. If you were around BTC in the early days, clients would often get k-lined for connect/disconnect issues.

A properly set up .conf file is by far the best approach and can increase your security by directing your client to only connect to trusted peers.
@siameze For the minority of people having this .conf issue, is there anyway to create an .exe install file that contains only the .conf file; for placing it where it needs to be?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: