Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ACGCrypto

Activity: 408
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 09:50:03 PM

In the Telegram thread, we have been talking about switching Uno from  POW to POS.  The reason for the discussion is that hash has seen a steep drop from 15,000 PHS last year to about 1-10 PHS today. This has caused the blockchain to slow.  20 Uno blocks are supposed to be produced every hour, but as I write this, we've head only 10 blocks in the past 11 hours.  With the price of Bitcoin, its difficult to interest large miners to merge mine UNO with BTC.

Some will have strong feelings about this, and its only a discussion, but I wanted to put it out there so we can get your opinion.

The benefit of moving to POW would be to enable mining on gpu/cpu, which could increase the number of nodes on the network, and steady block production. Nothing else about Uno would change: block time, reward, scarcity would all stay the same.

https://t.me/unobtaniumuno

I thought this was interesting, but I guess either I'm not allowed to think so, or it's somehow off-topic to consider an important update on the coin the thread is about to be interesting, since a moderator deleted my reply for some reason.

Anyway, I still think it's interesting and hope it plays out well for Uno if it's implemented. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sun.king

Activity: 43
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 02:29:40 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2021, 06:56:19 AM by sun.king

In the Telegram thread, we have been talking about switching Uno from  POW to POS.  

Opposition here.  Angry

Hardline.  Conservative.  NEVER FORK THE CHAIN attitude at Camp Uno is one of the critical elements that gives Uno value.  

Superior to that is perhaps age.

Uno is top 33 RANK among still existent chains by age.

By capital UNO ranks very high, after BTC and LTC comes UNO by my calculations.  NMC is older and was more capitalized by leaps but over the years UNO has squared capital with NMC and PPC.  Lets not destroy that creditability by willy nilly forking the chain just because things got a little shaky on the blocks/24hr metric.  

The reason for the discussion is that hash has seen a steep drop from 15,000 PHS last year to about 1-10 PHS today. This has caused the blockchain to slow.  20 Uno blocks are supposed to be produced every hour, but as I write this, we've head only 10 blocks in the past 11 hours.  With the price of Bitcoin, its difficult to interest large miners to merge mine UNO with BTC.

It's not a bug it is a feature.  In truth it's the code demonstrating battle tested truths.  Pump 15000PHS of voltage into Uno and then yank it down to 1PHS.  How do you think BTC could handle that?  Uno looks to have survived the throttle up then throttle down.  See the chain.  Achievement unlocked.  

Some will have strong feelings about this, and its only a discussion, but I wanted to put it out there so we can get your opinion.

Yeah some do have strong feels about this Wink

The benefit of moving to POW would be to enable mining on gpu/cpu
This a typo?  POW or POS?  I am assuming POS.

, which could increase the number of nodes on the network,
More nodes is good.  And the sha256 pools are very few and their numbers dwindle every quarter.  We are seeing less than dozen pool operations in profitable territory.   The the lions share of BTC BCH BSV XEC new coins flow to only 8 or 9 pools.  $40M/day?  Moolah.  But it only feeds less than a dozen pool operations (aka node support/control).

There are other sha256 pools mining DGB and PPC, both of these look viable over the horizon.  Thus, these provide second tier revenue to pools that seem to be and remain Uno friendly.  But this still leaves just a very few pool nodes, take note, the actual blockchain nodes that matter.  So indeed this node issue is valid.

and steady block production
I am indifferent on this metric.  Yes Uno had a stellar score with smooth and steady block production.  

It would be nice to see the last90days of BTC BCH BSV XEC and UNO side by side.

Hats of to Devs.  But IMO the fact that Uno is at times unobtainable  Wink is kinda cool.  Especially once real world sha256 mining is grasped, giant bolts of lighting that appear and disappear in a flash.  Uno is not crafted to pay to the piper million$/24hr/H/s.  Uno is built the ride the bull not feed it.  Yes there are dedicated pools and hardcore miners with depreciated ANTS.  Yet in reality sha256 pools will be by the microsecond AI cost/yield driven predication machines.  The Peta-hash has moved off, but can return in an instant for weeks or mere minutes.  It will always oscillate.  And left unaddressed UNO-chain will be at the mercy of +15000x volatility.

Nothing else about Uno would change: block time, reward, scarcity would all stay the same.

dems Holy Cows.  DO NOT TOUCH.

I have some suggestions ...

Uno was POW then moved to AUX sha256.  Don't subtract this add onto this.

There are other POW AUX options.  
And working code.

See XMY and ARG for Scrypty POW AUX that also does AUX sha256.  
See UIS for gpu AUX (Neoscrypt, x11)

Next see XMY again, DGB and then XVG, GLT, Aurora, ARG, and more.
They feature working code for multi-algo mining.

For ASIC algos with established revenue/rewards see
- MonacoinXVG(Lyra2v2?)
- grs/quark/qubit/skien flavor
- x11

What I am suggesting is adding more AUX options and more ASIC flavors.  
This profile would be very similar to XMY + UIS.

Now if the Devs want to do something unique add POS.
I don't know of any AUX + POS, other than Emer?

specks:
more asic AUX sha+scry+x11
gpu AUX neoscrypt
--if you want more--
+new asic POW algos (multi-algo but not yet Aux)
+new gpu POW algos (multi-algo but not yet Aux)
+proof of stake

code philosophy:
AUX rails : vetted POW algos with clear over the horizon future and established past, once part of the code always part of the code, pulling AUX after release is bad politics.

new gpu and alt-asic rails :   beta trail for AUX, don't know if you need to pull if any flavor becomes deadwood, DGB has changed up the algo rooster, so it is possible, also plenty of projects leading in the multialgo arena to guide Uno.

code repo :  XMY ARG UIS NMC UNO DGB PPC primaries

node philosophy:

1. asic/gpu AUX bring $$$ pool operations to provide critical real time block consensus.  think api.
2. alt pow algos bring and retain amateur and grass root network support pools and elevate participants over time.
3. more exchanges bring more chain support.
4. block explorers chain data centers likely funded and hosted by pools post-2025.  
5. proof of stake nodes, hive or cloud support that has growth rather than the retraction seen in POW pools, also staking recruits new full node participants and builds community.

list of AUX mining with other chains https://justpaste.it/2ao1d
alliance  
sun.king

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 08:37:28 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2021, 09:36:52 AM by sun.king

Sorry double posting here.

Just came across
https://swapzone.io/
And I think such 'swap zones' will be what the Masses utilize in future times.

We've seen swap services before but this particular one reveals a niffty update on the meme.  

It is an aggregator offering best offers much like airplane tickets or hotels booking sites.

II.
The problem UNO chain is the same problem with BTC chain  is the same problem with DOGE chain  is the same problem with etc et al.

Speed.  Instant gratification.

The answer is to 'wrap' it up.  Watching PIN enter these waters.

Wrapped coins can be used on the DEX smart contract chains.

But I don't know how to create ETH tokens.  And I don't want too due to the hefty TX fees.  

But I can create tokens on WAVES, BSV, BCH for next to nothing in 2 minutes.

And DEX trading is dead simple.  
But low volume.  
Low quality gui experience.

WAVES is not 'smart' yet.  BSV just did gigabyte blocks, so cheap, but not 'smart' and settlement could take 12hrs to clear given hash/network creditability.

And there are dozens of WAVE competitors with billions of capital to build the ETH killer network.

Who?  Don't know.  Worry about it after it is built and works and adopted.

What I do foresee is https://swapzone.io/ projects playing middleman and allowing fast swap from token chain to block chain to any chain exchange.

III.
So the exchange landscape.

1.  BLOCKnet = tools for geeks with money.  On chain 2 chain exchange.  Slow but Honest work.  Client-side DIY smart contracts.

2.  Meganet = a combination verified secure communications channels that lets P2P over the counter offer/bid/settle.  Like BLOCK but w/ trust and verify via small sum trading.  Game theory is the Ruler.  HODLrs the players.

3.101  Bitcoin.com/LA/Bittrex = high speed high volume deep liquidity but be careful of 'maintance' issues Goxxing up stuff.  Also bots.  sO many B0ts.

3.3  Frei-Un-Community supported exchanges, not the most pretty gui, and custodial, but able to ping api pricing data to the universe.

4.  Smart Contract DEX.  Non-custodial.  Wait and see.  Do we need 'wUNO' now?  If so is ETH the only playground??  I smell unicorns farting.  Very noisy too.  

5.  The problem with wrapped tokens is that someone has custody.  I am looking at PIN (flo) organize wrapping-smart-contract-drafting services as the chains case-use/service/brand, and other coin community can promote custodial underwriting as a service of said community.   Maybe popular meme-a-thing on the horizon.  I am thinking a round table of trust agents, much like a board, composed of devs and community figures.  That plus multisig contracts.  This is the 'tough' problem.  Automation is not as simple as one wishes it to be.  I motion UNO stake claim in this frontier.   Good faith 'Uno' tokens.  Social Credit.  Institute aka Foundation aka Initiative, just add Funds add Trustees.  Also watch hustlers, grifters, and lawyers start to knock.  I am not tethering any allegation against any multi-billion-$ one-2-one peg .   Grin  

All classic blockchains will eventual have 'peg' 'wrap' 'virtual' tenders.  Best to lead out front.  Explore the territory.

6.  https://swapzone.io/ syndication insta-swap coin-o-matics.  Remaining on the Coinomi List is mission critical.  Else have  Frei-Un-Community supported plan B.

four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2021, 07:49:21 AM

In the Telegram thread, we have been talking about switching Uno from  POW to POS. 

FallingKnife, I don't won't do telegram.  Requires tel. reg. No, sir, no thank you.

Can someone copy paste important Telegram details?

Thanks.

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
August 29, 2021, 09:05:59 AM

In the Telegram thread, we have been talking about switching Uno from  POW to POS.  The reason for the discussion is that hash has seen a steep drop from 15,000 PHS last year to about 1-10 PHS today. This has caused the blockchain to slow.  20 Uno blocks are supposed to be produced every hour, but as I write this, we've head only 10 blocks in the past 11 hours.  With the price of Bitcoin, its difficult to interest large miners to merge mine UNO with BTC.

The benefit of moving to POW would be to enable mining on gpu/cpu, which could increase the number of nodes on the network, and steady block production. Nothing else about Uno would change: block time, reward, scarcity would all stay the same.

I was against merge mining at the time and now you can see why - it’s pushed the difficulty out of sight and meant those who do mine it don’t care about it.

POS rewards big holders at the expense of little ones - it will lead to greater and greater centralisation of holdings.

Time to sell up. Sadly. Are there any markets with any volume these days as I have a chunk to offload?
Fakeslim

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2021, 11:47:53 AM

I used to be able to gain UNO by mining BTC on Miningdutch but it's been under 'maintenance' for about a month which has seriously decreased the turnover and difficulty.
I've nagged them to sort it out.
sun.king

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 01:56:50 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2021, 04:19:30 AM by sun.king

https://cryptorank.io/price/unobtanium

This mCap site actually uses the api data to calculate and rank.
Even with all the shit tokens and vaporware projects, UNO clocks in the top1000.

Someday mCap sites will have useful filters.

Examples:

-blockchain (not token)
-older than 5 years
-asic (pow)
-sha256

I think I think like xaya camp
https://twitter.com/XAYA_tech/status/1389189769071104010

Every week we keep
@XAYA_tech
 and
@Namecoin
in sync with Bitcoin Core.
Now at #bitcoin 0.21.1 > Taproot currently disabled.
Xaya : 1.5.1 - https://github.com/xaya/xaya/releases/tag/v1.5.1
Namecoin : 0.21.1 -
four3200

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2021, 06:05:38 AM

UnoRe looks exactly like a scam token. They've hijacked the 8 years of good will that Unobtanium has brought to the UNO ticker symbol.

I don't want to hear from any more people who bought UnoRe and now want to transfer that "token" to their UNO wallet.  It can't be done.

Beware of SCAMS like UnoRe that apparently are so inept that they can't even choose an appropriate ticker symbol.

It SCAMS the data stream too!
https://marketcap.com/coin/UNO

I wish that chart was accurate.

mrquackquack

Activity: 1134
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2021, 07:28:36 AM

Ahh yes, that epic time of forcible redistribution of funds...
four3200

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2021, 02:04:08 PM

Music is Key to Branding
LOGO is defined, periodic table SQUARE
color? blue, black, yellow
sound? see .. NBC, McDs, Netflix, but not yet in crypto  Wink

ROOT - M2 - P5 - M6 - P4
un     - ob  - taan - knee - um

sun.king

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 04:10:56 AM

Brand partner?
https://unitednude.eu/pages/about

:::    ::: ::::    :::  :::::::: 
:+:    :+: :+:+:   :+: :+:    :+:
+:+    +:+ :+:+:+  +:+ +:+    +:+
+#+    +:+ +#+ +:+ +#+ +#+    +:+
+#+    +#+ +#+  +#+#+# +#+    +#+
#+#    #+# #+#   #+#+# #+#    #+#
 ########  ###    ####  ######## 
            ::::::::             
           :+:    :+:             
           +:+    +:+             
            +#++:++#             
           +#+    +#+             
           #+#    #+#             
            ########             
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2021, 01:34:48 PM

Unobtanium was launched today, 8 years ago.

UNO is one of the most enduring blockchains on earth. 

Happy Birthday, UNO.

https://unobtanium.uno

Wishing you many, many more.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 02:43:53 PM

Anyone have a view on which exchanges have decent volume at the moment?

(PS its certainly not HitBTC - stay well away, they have suspended withdrawals on my account and seem unable to respond to any questions.)
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2021, 08:33:15 PM

Anyone have a view on which exchanges have decent volume at the moment?

(PS its certainly not HitBTC - stay well away, they have suspended withdrawals on my account and seem unable to respond to any questions.)
IMO, https://Freiexchange.com is the best centralized option.

Bisq.network and blockdx.com are 2 good decentralized options. I'm partial to BlockDx. I've tried it and traded UNO on both of them, but volume is poor at the moment. They need someone to make markets and get the ball rolling.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
sun.king

View Profile
October 28, 2021, 05:50:22 AM

Happy Birthday, UNO.
https://unobtanium.uno

Age is but a number.  Numbers matter in money matters.

Here some more numbers.

TOP 125 on marketcap.
Junk pure junk.

Anyone entering the crypto space with newbie eyes.
God bless you son, or other preferred pronoun, but LORD bless you sorting that pile of bullshit to find the actual coins.

How many COINS in that pile of 125?
Eight-teen and I like it.

Just 18 that loosely meet bitcoin like specs of coin.
Minable via proof of work, being the necessary qualifier.

18 out of 125
What's the %?
Not good.
Who?

1 btc
2 etc
11 doge
19 ltc
21 bch
33 etc
40 xmr
50 xec
55 bsv
64 zec
66 dash
76 qtum
88 dcr
94 btg
95 rav
105 zen
106 sia
125 dgb

Those are the coins in top 125.

Now which run bitcoin code base?
DOGE LTC
BTC bch xec bsv dgb
dash qtum rav

This means open source DEV code.
That's a good thing.
Good for the B-goose,  good for the gander.
*open secret* also the largest crypto project in terms of marketcap by miles.

Now reduce to SEVEN.

DOGE is to LTC as UNO is to BTC.
That explains AUXPOW.

Now reduce to FIVE
BTC bch xec bsv dgb
UNO is mined on top of these guys.
sha256
the backbone of btc
real world hardware
brick and mortar