Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
prominerone

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:15:07 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jelks

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:34:56 AM

So come October this year, then again years and years later, what is the financial incentive to mine UNO?  Buying it (and maybe selling it on occasion) with a "trading gold" mentality, I get, but I don't see how "normal" folks would want to mine this, unless you would have like 20 gazillion TH/s mining equipment -- and even then I'm not so sure.

Edit & PS: I'm mining UNO like crazy now.  :-)  I'll reconsider post-October...

Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:49:49 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 07:24:08 AM by Benefactor

Yes, it's great to buck the trend, but how do we get the word out to those that don't know UNO that we are bucking the trend?

Host a meaningful special awards contest - they will notice it on their own.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:20:15 PM

So come October this year, then again years and years later, what is the financial incentive to mine UNO?  Buying it (and maybe selling it on occasion) with a "trading gold" mentality, I get, but I don't see how "normal" folks would want to mine this, unless you would have like 20 gazillion TH/s mining equipment -- and even then I'm not so sure.

Edit & PS: I'm mining UNO like crazy now.  :-)  I'll reconsider post-October...

If it isn't substantially higher, there won't be one, and the network/coin will die if its not changed.  Honestly, the hash on the network right now sucks for a SHA256 coin.  It's not exactly secure like the page states.

V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:47:56 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 03:45:18 PM by V500

If it isn't substantially higher, there won't be one, and the network/coin will die if its not changed.  Honestly, the hash on the network right now sucks for a SHA256 coin.  It's not exactly secure like the page states.

well, the coinex-incident is still felt and was very unfortunate, BUT uno has a rising hashrate since the mid of july if you look at the chart here: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/unobtanium

the hashrate was declining during the coinex-dumping.
Uno will need some more time to fully recover from the coinex-dump.
Things can shift upwards pretty quick now that the dumping of stolen coins is over. I'd recommend to stay positive.

We've seen the hashrate double in a day (october 8th)
I think there is longterm not too much to worry. Uno is still recovering from coinex-dumping.

Uno is up a whooping 30% to 60% in the last 30 days - and stable. I think it is looking ok.

(hasrate is up 80% from yesterday currently - if you filter out the volatility you get a steady rise since mid-july. Hashrate is today 3 times what it was a month ago.)

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
UNO_owner

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:26:41 PM

If it isn't substantially higher, there won't be one, and the network/coin will die if its not changed.  Honestly, the hash on the network right now sucks for a SHA256 coin.  It's not exactly secure like the page states.

well, the coinex-incident is still felt and was very unfortunate, BUT uno has a rising hashrate since the mid of july if you look at the chart here: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/unobtanium

Things can shift upwards pretty quick now that the dumping of stolen coins is over. I'd recommend to stay positive.

I think there is longterm not too much to worry. Uno is still recovering from coinex-dumping.

Uno is up a whooping 30% to 40% in the last 30 days - and stable. I think it is looking ok.

(hasrate is up 80% from yesterday currently - if you filter out the volatility you get a steady rise since mid-july)

I'm positive and holding, but this is something we need to start thinking about and we need to keep an eye on the hash carefully over the next few months.  The sad fact is that if the price doesn't rise, we might have to consider other options like a low % proof of stake, just to keep the network functioning.

I know I know, no one likes to hear that, but.... If we move UNO to maybe .1% or even less PoS a year when there is still 50k coins left to be mined, we can keep the total under 250k for a LONG time, keep the blockchain running smoothly and securely, and give us non-miner UNO enthusiasts a reward for holding more.  Just food for thought at this point.

V500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:49:51 PM

I'm positive and holding, but this is something we need to start thinking about and we need to keep an eye on the hash carefully over the next few months.  The sad fact is that if the price doesn't rise, we might have to consider other options like a low % proof of stake, just to keep the network functioning.

I know I know, no one likes to hear that, but.... If we move UNO to maybe .1% or even less PoS a year when there is still 50k coins left to be mined, we can keep the total under 250k for a LONG time, keep the blockchain running smoothly and securely, and give us non-miner UNO enthusiasts a reward for holding more.  Just food for thought at this point.

don't even start with pos. I was just finished dumping all the pos-coins i had. Pos is not good for Uno in my opinion. Don't do that.  Merged mining with other coins is what uno could do if anything is needed but i think we won't have to discuss all that in 2 or 3 months since i see a clear uptrend in price and hash. But i agree on keeping an eye on everything. Currently i'd say: give some buysupport and have some patience with it. Everything pointing north. Just give it a bit of time. Uno is going to be good.

UNO_owner

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:10:49 PM

Don't do what?  Talk about a very real threat to the coin?  Whatever.  Gonna call me a FUDster next?

All I'm saying is that there may come a time in the near future where we have to evaluate options.  PoS is one.  Merged mining is another.  I don't know too much about merged mining though.  Anyway, if the price doesn't go up and the hash rate goes down, without a solution on the table  I will dump all my coins.

Blazr2

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:10:52 PM

Uno is up a whooping 30% to 40% in the last 30 days - and stable. I think it is looking ok.

(hasrate is up 80% from yesterday currently - if you filter out the volatility you get a steady rise since mid-july)

I'm positive and holding, but this is something we need to start thinking about and we need to keep an eye on the hash carefully over the next few months.  The sad fact is that if the price doesn't rise, we might have to consider other options like a low % proof of stake, just to keep the network functioning.

I know I know, no one likes to hear that, but.... If we move UNO to maybe .1% or even less PoS a year when there is still 50k coins left to be mined, we can keep the total under 250k for a LONG time, keep the blockchain running smoothly and securely, and give us non-miner UNO enthusiasts a reward for holding more.  Just food for thought at this point.

This has been discussed, and while we value your input, Un will NEVER be stake. Merged mining is in the works with DUO, but its very infantile at this point so it hasn't been posted here for fear the FUD machine would bury it. Feel free to make whatever decisions you need to in regards to keeping/selling your coins--afterall, this is an individual game at heart.
UNO_owner

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:12:32 PM

Thats fair Blazr and I'd certainly prefer it that way.  As long as we look at other solutions should the problem I described develop.

prominerone

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:27:00 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 04:41:19 PM by prominerone

We  all are ALLERGIC to that kind of food you ofer here. PoS never ever going to happened to uno.
Uno need very little power to secure the blockchain and Smoot transactions. That is one of the many beautiful sides of uno- very light as a feather blockchain! The price of UNO or some merged mining in the future will fix possible mining problems.

V500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:32:29 PM

Don't do what?  Talk about a very real threat to the coin?  Whatever.  Gonna call me a FUDster next?

lol. No, not going to call you fudster  Cheesy

It is just: i personally had only bad experiences with the security and reliability of pos-coins, that's why i dumped just about all of them. I would hate to see pos in uno and would very much vote against it.  It is just not working reliably enough just yet. (just my personal opinion after testing serveral pos-coins)
(just reading prominers comment - haha - yes, allergic to pos certainly describes it well.)

I am very happy with merged mining and glad Blazr2 is working on something.
Merged mining has been working reliably for other coins in the past with no issues.
I think there is no need to worry about things at this point. I trust the skills of Blazr2.

Hash has been considerably lower a month ago. Let's see where hash is a month from now before becoming tense Wink
Maybe it is double or tripple of what Un has now 4 weeks down the road. I'm positive. May/June was looking more grim than it is now.

gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:43:13 PM

guys, the topic would have been alright months ago but currently hashrate is rising - why even discuss that when things are on the up? Doesn't make so much sense now to be alarmist when 3 months ago hash was less than halve of what it is now.
Just my 2 cents

Need more hash? Raise the price.
UNO_owner

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:43:17 PM

Its like you guys can't read.

I don't even know why i bother.  I'll let you all argue against points I wasn't making while ignoring the issue I was concerned about.  I'll not feed you any longer.  Get back to posting cool pictures with UN pasted on it.

gustav

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:49:59 PM

I don't even know why i bother.  I'll let you all argue against points I wasn't making while ignoring the issue I was concerned about.  I'll not feed you any longer.  Get back to posting cool pictures with UN pasted on it.

dude, chill out. Merged mining is on the way. No need to worry.

Network is today 16.6 Terrahash/s - not exactly a dying coin.
UNO_owner

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:13:06 PM

dude, chill out. Merged mining is on the way. No need to worry.

Network is today 16.6 Terrahash/s - not exactly a dying coin.

Jesus.  Show me where I said it was dying.  I didn't.  In fact, what I said was *MAYBE*, in a few months, when the reward lessens further, that MAYBE we IF the price hasn't increased that we MIGHT have to consider other alternatives to keep the coin rolling. 

Thankfully Blazr is running this show though and is already on it rather than those of you who would rather put words in my mouth than read what I have to say.  Enjoy your straw man arguments though.  It's fun huh.

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 05:20:14 PM

Hi,

I don't think anyone was ignoring your concerns as they are valid. Sometimes when posting, commentors do not see the other posts before posting. Perhaps a communication issue.

I as well am against POS, but believe that we have excellent developers who will find a great solution for this great store of value.

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
gustav

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:22:50 PM

Jesus.  Show me where I said it was dying.  I didn't.  In fact, what I said was *MAYBE*, in a few months, when the reward lessens further, that MAYBE we IF the price hasn't increased that we MIGHT have to consider other alternatives to keep the coin rolling.  

that is right. But price will very likely increase. I agree on being watchful though.
gustav

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:33:48 PM

price at cryptsy now: 0.0044 up from 0.0041 earlier

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 07:39:59 PM

I'm really fed up with Cryptsy, having to withdraw 1-3 UNOs at a time. I have only used BTC-E for other trading. Any suggestions as to the next two best UNO exchanges?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: