Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:18:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046625 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:33:06 PM

Anyone else notice the unobtanium daemon has become quite cpu hungry lately?

On one of my servers I just noticed CPU usage for unobtaniumd does not go below 50% (actually runs between 50% - 80% all the time), most other coins on the same server sitting at a couple of percent maximum most of the time (POS coins tend to spike in CPU usage for a few seconds but otherwise also sit very low usually).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:58:41 PM

On one of my servers I just noticed CPU usage for unobtaniumd does not go below 50% (actually runs between 50% - 80% all the time), most other coins on the same server sitting at a couple of percent maximum most of the time (POS coins tend to spike in CPU usage for a few seconds but otherwise also sit very low usually).
Excuse me if this doesn't help you, I haven't run the daemon independently yet. But isn't the wallet just a UI built on top of the daemon? Anyway, for what its worth: the Windows 0.9.5 wallet uses 0.0% of CPU pretty much all the time. The only spikes are during startup and when I make a transaction, but it always quickly settles back down to 0.0%.

I guess you run your own linux build? Anyone else here can confirm this?

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:07:21 PM

Excuse me if this doesn't help you, I haven't run the daemon independently yet. But isn't the wallet just a UI built on top of the daemon? Anyway, for what its worth: the Windows 0.9.5 wallet uses 0.0% of CPU pretty much all the time. The only spikes are during startup and when I make a transaction, but it always quickly settles back down to 0.0%.

I guess you run your own linux build? Anyone else here can confirm this?

I restarted the daemon and everything seems to be back to normal..

Weird.. Tongue
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:25:02 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 02:19:54 PM by FallingKnife

Since KGW was implemented at block 450k, nearly 1 ton less Uno was generated and sold on the markets.

Yes, the forking has been painful. Despite efforts to reach as many people as we could, we were unable to reach everyone with the message to upgrade to 0.9.5. Lots of reasons for that... some pools we didn't know about, some were sent messages but didn't get them,  web forms were broken, emails bounced, support chatrooms were unmanned... etc. I even hired a clown to deliver the message, but still... not everyone got it in time. I regret that, because we didn't want anyone to have problems.  But many people did get the message, and 0.9.5 firmly powers the network now.

I wanted to test the network today, so I removed all maxconnections and addnodes limitations. I'm taking connections from anyone, on any wallet.  The majority of my peers are solidly 0.9.5 but probably 20-25% are still old wallets.  You can check this yourself by going to your UNO Wallet Console and typing "getpeerinfo". That will return a list of everyone you're connected to. You can also see the version of the wallet they are running and their "height," or the block that they are on.  Here's a shot of my getpeerinfo against Cryptexplorer's Uno block explorer.

Old clients on the network have galloped off into the sunset.  This poor guy is already out to block 470357. Do the math, and you'll see that since the return to 3 minute blocks, there is nearly 1 ton less of UNO on the market:  941.005 less Un, to be precise.

Some of these old wallets may never update.  I've even tried visiting some of these IP addresses directly. I've discovered a ghosttown of old abandoned mining pools, even an abandoned crypto exchange in Germany, still running their old UNO wallets.  Coinex probably is still running one.  An upcoming wallet update will automatically drop connections from these old non-Kgw wallets, squeezing them out entirely, according to BW. Blazr's already coded it and an update service to alert wallet users.

I hope everything is as stable for you now as it is for me.  If your 0.9.5 wallet seems to have trouble syncing, try closing it and then re-open.  That will usually correct the issue without re-downloading the entire blockchain.  If you wonder which block your wallet is on, go to UNO's Console>Information and you can find it there. Check against Cyptexplorer for agreement if you think you should, but for those of us on 0.9.5, there shouldn't be many problems going forward.

Thanks for hanging in there. As a result of KGW and returning to 3 minute blocks, UNO is stronger, and even more rare.  We can use these old wallets as a barometer to see how much less height the blockchain has, and how much less Un is available today than would be if the rapid blocks had continued.  

The Coinex dumping is over, and already less uno on the market, making me optimistic that Uno will soon be headed in the right direction.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
timpeff

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:59:34 PM

Does it really take 200 confirmations to deposit Un onto Mintpal?  Shocked
learminer

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:08:31 PM

I've seen that for several coins lately. A precautionary measure against double-spend attacks I guess.

balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:04:43 PM

reddcoin takes 1000confirms at cryptsy and bittrex and a staggering 2000 confirms at poloniex - that is 2 days for a deposit in reddcoin. Can only shake my head.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 02:15:10 PM

Did you see this startjoin project for physical maxcoin on silver bullion?  
UNO was made for this.  I'd love to own some of these denominated in Unobtanium.

https://www.startjoin.com/maxcoinsilver

Good low risk way to do this, letting people pre-buy.

Wonder if bigtimespaghetti is still working on this? Smiley

Nostr:
timpeff

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:14:55 PM

reddcoin takes 1000confirms at cryptsy and bittrex and a staggering 2000 confirms at poloniex - that is 2 days for a deposit in reddcoin. Can only shake my head.

Thats ridiculous. is it because of the recent fork? I was trying to get coins out of cryptsy to mintpal and it took all night. I will not be sending anymore to mintpal for now because of this.  I wish I would have known before I sent them I hate how exchanges don't tell us anything. Cryptsy didn't even tweet about UNO going down when they had that issue last week. Didn't even give us an update or anything. For days. They just leave us hanging. It is really starting to piss me off.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 04:24:51 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 07:28:05 PM by FallingKnife

Does it really take 200 confirmations to deposit Un onto Mintpal?  Shocked

Thats ridiculous. is it because of the recent fork? I was trying to get coins out of cryptsy to mintpal and it took all night. I will not be sending anymore to mintpal for now because of this.  I wish I would have known before I sent them I hate how exchanges don't tell us anything. Cryptsy didn't even tweet about UNO going down when they had that issue last week. Didn't even give us an update or anything. For days. They just leave us hanging. It is really starting to piss me off.

Yes, they told me it is because of the fork. It looked like a double spend attack to their admins, who take no chances. I'll try to educate them (again) on what's going on. I'm glad they move to protect UNO when they sense anything out of the ordinary. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

Nostr:
timpeff

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:32:04 PM

Thats ridiculous. is it because of the recent fork? I was trying to get coins out of cryptsy to mintpal and it took all night. I will not be sending anymore to mintpal for now because of this.  I wish I would have known before I sent them I hate how exchanges don't tell us anything. Cryptsy didn't even tweet about UNO going down when they had that issue last week. Didn't even give us an update or anything. For days. They just leave us hanging. It is really starting to piss me off.

Yes, they told me it is because of the fork. It looked like a double spend attack to their admins, who take no chances. I'll try to educate them (again) on what's going on. I'm glad they move to protect UNO when they sense anything out of the ordinary. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

Ok... i see now, learnerminer had mentioned a double-spend precautionary...
I had never sent UNO to Mintpal before, only BTC... so I wasn't sure if this was normal or not haha
Protecting our Un is most important, I guess I expect more from these exchanges as far as informing people of...things. When I go t bed I don't like to have coins not confirmed. 
 Cool
Anyways, I do really like trading UNO on Mintpal and as soon as they get their act together I will resume trading their.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 10:39:50 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 11:49:46 PM by FallingKnife

Ok... i see now, learnerminer had mentioned a double-spend precautionary...
I had never sent UNO to Mintpal before, only BTC... so I wasn't sure if this was normal or not haha
Protecting our Un is most important, I guess I expect more from these exchanges as far as informing people of...things. When I go t bed I don't like to have coins not confirmed.  
 Cool
Anyways, I do really like trading UNO on Mintpal and as soon as they get their act together I will resume trading their.

I like trading on MP, too.  A big chasm has opened up there.  Buyers & sellers have to cross over a long way to get what they want. Buyers sit back and wait for sellers to dump, and sellers sit back and wait for buyers.   It's a standoff at Mintyland right now.

Nostr:
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:26:40 AM

alts are sooo cheap right now. Un didn't loose as much as other alts did during last months. Un is holding incredibly strong. We have really strong hands here. This coin is so going to the moon once altcoin-markets recover from the shock of new coins. Un will be one of the few really outstanding coins.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:05:46 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 03:27:54 PM by BitcoinNational

204 backers
$49,882 pledged OF $5000 TARGET

privately minted 1oz 999 fine silver round
tamper evident security hologram that protects a private key - the "password"
The first 8 characters of the address is printed on the front of the hologram, which can be used to independently verify the balance.

To redeem the [UNO], the hologram must be peeled off the face of the coin to reveal the private key. Removing the security hologram destroys it in the process so that it cannot be re-applied, for security purposes. The private key can then be loaded directly into your wallet and spent digitally, if you choose to do so.

So we use startjoin.com as the escrow to kickstart this?
Or just do an internal escrow?  
Some group (not someone) needs to act as guarantor that the coin private keys are secured.

My suggestion is that that group is us here.  Blaze, Knife, Coinweaver you game for this concept?  I am willing to pledge UNOs to underwrite UN physicals if the production is lead/reviewed/endorsed by a collective of BCT members.

other things
crypto 'bank' notes >> https://coldcrypto.com/
commodity backed >> https://www.coinaaa.com/what-is-coinaaa-and-how-does-it-work/

ps .. I like a square verses a round

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
learminer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:43:51 AM

Hmm, what happened to bigtimespaghetti's physical UNO project?

vector.iso

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:43:39 PM

how many kg of Un do you think should be preloaded onto each silver bar?
Blazr2

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:59:20 PM

204 backers
$49,882 pledged OF $5000 TARGET

privately minted 1oz 999 fine silver round
tamper evident security hologram that protects a private key - the "password"
The first 8 characters of the address is printed on the front of the hologram, which can be used to independently verify the balance.

To redeem the [UNO], the hologram must be peeled off the face of the coin to reveal the private key. Removing the security hologram destroys it in the process so that it cannot be re-applied, for security purposes. The private key can then be loaded directly into your wallet and spent digitally, if you choose to do so.

So we use startjoin.com as the escrow to kickstart this?
Or just do an internal escrow?  
Some group (not someone) needs to act as guarantor that the coin private keys are secured.

My suggestion is that that group is us here.  Blaze, Knife, Coinweaver you game for this concept?  I am willing to pledge UNOs to underwrite UN physicals if the production is lead/reviewed/endorsed by a collective of BCT members.

other things
crypto 'bank' notes >> https://coldcrypto.com/
commodity backed >> https://www.coinaaa.com/what-is-coinaaa-and-how-does-it-work/

ps .. I like a square verses a round

We're game to help, have no spare Un to donate but whatever we can assist with, we're in.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:59:04 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 11:02:49 PM by BitcoinNational

Re: [UNO] Unobtanium physicals

Small Clarification

There are two parts at play.  And should be considered separated.

Part One : funding the design and first run ($cash sponsorship/investment/backing)  = the pre-buy project

This means a designer, minting production, and retail platform.  

Calling ... bigtimespaghetti ... Anarcoins

Part Two : underwriting (UNO backing)  = the insurance project

This means that the Un preloaded is solidly backed.  Think 'insured'.  This requires transparency of the production plus other parties acting to refund in case of breach of the contract implied in the physical kgs of UNO.

part 3 ... Casascius Bitcoin Analyzer (some useful tool like that) ... reports opened/claimed and active coins
---

Casascius Bitcoins are backed by just the 'full faith and credit' in Casascius the person.  One point of failure.

I am suggesting going to an even more strong standing, backed by faith and credentials of both the producers and another party the insurers.  So 1kg UNO physical can be verified by checking the address on it, plus the another address of the underwriter.  So it is basically double backed.  And if it is minted in silver, triple backed.

A true premier asset.

---

I also am interested in exploring multi-sigs as another layer of security.

---

Small steps first.  I am thinking the big picture / long term goal.  If we can just get a 1st run of UNO physical done, all is good.  But we should aim to evolve into having super secure UNO physical, so to offer the best possible product on every level.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 12:44:03 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 01:57:53 AM by FallingKnife

Does anyone have time to run a UNO denominated Alt exchange?
I'm a little busy at the moment, but I like the idea if someone else will do the work... Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=667857.msg7546389#msg7546389

Nostr:
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:30:21 AM

Oh, gee, what a surprise.  All the exchanges are in the 0.002's.  (Isn't that what I said we should be trading at weeks ago?  (Because that's all the community can afford to support it.))  Now, instead of a healthy building valuation profile from 0.002 to 0.0029, UNO is looking piss-poor, and the most vested and interested parties have a loss for every purchase over that time period.

[tapping foot in anoyance]

It's not like I didn't try to communicate this to everyone.  I haven't even participated in this market for weeks!

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: