Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:57:26 PM

see what i found around the net: http://cryptochips.net

you can get pokerchips with the Uno-logo on them there. Thought i post it here.

Those are cool!  I'm adding them to the OP.

Let me know if you find any other cool products like this.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:58:30 PM

Would  a good reward for the blue crypto contest be one of big time spaghetti silver UNO renderings?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:20:47 AM

Stuck on smartphone keypad -- aaaaaah!

@BTC Charlie. Check indiamikezulu.com.au There is an exchange set up. I understand that these are big big big ideas, but the potential is also big big big.

Snippet of Theory: first, we start our own exchange (which requires some concurrent practices to keep up our trade-volume stats). Then we undertake, as a community, as an exercise, to change our trading-practices: more trade on X and Y; less on Z.

At that point, we have begun the shift to being a community that can manage concerted action. Guys, we could learn a great deal from the organistional model of anarcho-syndicalist trade unionism. They are experts in what we might call 'micro centralisation': yes, maximise individual freedom -- but that is not the same as bending over and parting your cheeks for CORPORATIONS like Cryptsy!!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:28:59 AM

these orderbooks are really empty. Where did all that Uno go?

The only real sellwall i can spot is on mintpal on 0.0055 for 400 Un - and that's it.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:38:57 AM

Stuck on smartphone keypad -- aaaaaah!

@BTC Charlie. Check indiamikezulu.com.au There is an exchange set up. I understand that these are big big big ideas, but the potential is also big big big.

Snippet of Theory: first, we start our own exchange (which requires some concurrent practices to keep up our trade-volume stats). Then we undertake, as a community, as an exercise, to change our trading-practices: more trade on X and Y; less on Z.

At that point, we have begun the shift to being a community that can manage concerted action. Guys, we could learn a great deal from the organistional model of anarcho-syndicalist trade unionism. They are experts in what we might call 'micro centralisation': yes, maximise individual freedom -- but that is not the same as bending over and parting your cheeks for CORPORATIONS like Cryptsy!!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Looks good sire, only thought is that we may need to start with smaller trades to establish a trust allocation?

I do like the idea of a system where an alert goes out that someone wants to sell x UNO for Y of whatever...

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:40:55 AM

these orderbooks are really empty. Where did all that Uno go?

The only real sellwall i can spot is on mintpal on 0.0055 for 400 Un - and that's it.

I would suspect that much of the UNO has gone into the wallets of those wise individuals who frequent these pages...

Grin

Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:43:53 AM

Would  a good reward for the blue crypto contest be one of big time spaghetti silver UNO renderings?
Yes, those would be cool, but the tentative award will be winner-take-all, 100 UNO sent to the winning nominee's wallet, no more, no less.  Maybe for next year's 'Awards?  I will definitely go with the physical silver UNO route if the community overwhelmingly requests it, instead.  I'm flexible.  This is OUR award.  Wouldn't I have to take much more of the voting UNO/+other possible donations, to up the value to 100 UNO?  This is a shoe-string budget.  Not even our webmasters are being paid!  (If we spend any extra funds this year, I vote for advertising for the 'Award, which is subsequently free advertising for UNO as well.)  Really, I'm still set on funding publicly-reported buy orders equal to the 100-UNO award.  It doesn't matter if these orders execute or not, as all remaining funds (whether in UNO or BTC) will be dedicated to the 2nd Annual Blue Crypto Awards, starting around early September 2015.  We can see what we learned from this year's and make it bigger!

I'm set on calling this year's contest "The 1st Annual Blue Crypto Award".  I'm hoping after another year, UNO will be worth 10x or more, so we can just offer a 10 UNO prize, and have several categories.  I also hope to have it grow in popularity over the years.  The Nobel Peace Prize of cryptos!  The Oscars of the New Century!  Why not?

(...And we'll have to find a professional manager next year!) Smiley

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:49:36 AM

Yes, those would be cool, but the tentative award will be winner-take-all, 100 UNO sent to the winning nominee's wallet, no more, no less.  Maybe for next year's 'Awards?  I will definitely go with the physical silver UNO route if the community overwhelmingly requests it, instead.  I'm flexible.  This is OUR award.  Wouldn't I have to take much more of the voting UNO/+other possible donations, to up the value to 100 UNO?  This is a shoe-string budget.  Not even our webmasters are being paid!  (If we spend any extra funds this year, I vote for advertising for the 'Award, which is subsequently free advertising for UNO as well.)  Really, I'm still set on funding publicly-reported buy orders equal to the 100-UNO award.  It doesn't matter if these orders execute or not, as all remaining funds (whether in UNO or BTC) will be dedicated to the 2nd Annual Blue Crypto Awards, starting around early September 2015.  We can see what we learned from this year's and make it bigger!

I'm set on calling this year's contest "The 1st Annual Blue Crypto Award".  I'm hoping after another year, UNO will be worth 10x or more, so we can just offer a 10 UNO prize, and have several categories.  I also hope to have it grow in popularity over the years.  The Nobel Peace Prize of cryptos!  The Oscars of the New Century!  Why not?

(...And we'll have to find a professional manager next year!) Smiley

No worries, not trying to change the mojo. I just have no webmaster experience whatsoever, so I'm trying to add any value as ideas come to mind.

As a side note on getting the word out...does anyone know what it costs to advertise at the top of bittrex? Might be a cool way to get the word out not necessarily about how UNO is trading on a particular day, but about the Blue Crypto Award nominations and winner?

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 03:06:31 AM

New #2 wallet, as of 2 days ago.

funds from old #2 (uVNVNZCFyar...) were transferred to the new #2, uWAMa9Xq...

Nostr:
Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:19:47 AM

No worries, not trying to change the mojo. I just have no webmaster experience whatsoever, so I'm trying to add any value as ideas come to mind.

As a side note on getting the word out...does anyone know what it costs to advertise at the top of bittrex? Might be a cool way to get the word out not necessarily about how UNO is trading on a particular day, but about the Blue Crypto Award nominations and winner?
Sounds good.  V500 is our PR person, so send a PM and start fundraising for advertising!!!

Yay!

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:55:27 AM

@imz
"anarcho-syndicalist trade unionism" is music in my ears  Grin

Sounds good.  V500 is our PR person, so send a PM and start fundraising for advertising!!!

Yay!

I can write a mail to bittrex tomorrow asking what the costs per day of such slot on the dashboard are. No problem. Could be good to have that during the days of the award.

cryptsy has sorted their wallets out by the way... thank god we have not been goxed (yet)

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:55:55 AM

@ Gustav: it's good to blow off steam here. It is info for us.

@ V500: I once taught libertarian trade-union theory to unionists during a revolution. Best adventure I ever had!

@ BTC Charlie: Yes! This subject -- 'reciprocity' -- has roots in linguistics and evoltionary psychology and sociology and political theory  and anthropology. Baby steps! Small amounts to begin. Develop a trust-rating model. Add physical bullion sales.

My point is that there is a lopsidedness in crypto tribes. If we can develop mechanisms to solve those (to me, national chapters are a no-brainer!), we will have an advantage over every other crypto community.

M
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:52:12 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 03:45:09 PM by FallingKnife

I thought it was notable that nearly 9k Uno moved last night in block 475615.

Nearly 5k Un from the previous #2 wallet on the Rich List, uWAMa9Xq,  (Recall the Uno in uWAMa9Xq began in the #1 URan wallet a couple of weeks ago and was sent to uVNVNZCFyar, before arriving in uWAMa9Xq) was shuffled through several new wallets in a short time frame last night (Aug 20, 2014).  Most of the uWAMa Uno is now in uWDe2zcQ...

The same block, 475615, moved 4k Un from uTb4Cif3.

Are you guys seeing your Cryptsy withdrawals arrive today? If so, perhaps this is Cryptsy fulfilling your withdrawal requests.

Nostr:
timpeff

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:01:17 PM

Yes I got another cryptsy withdrawl today
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:14:41 PM

Yes I got another cryptsy withdrawl today

They finally got my withdrawal unstuck and then I just did one again now and it began confirming within a few minutes. Hopefully they got it fixed.

Lord knows, maybe Cryptsy's wallet was so full of UNO, none of it would come out! I'll take some if they believe they have too much!  Tongue

V500

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:21:49 PM

everybody is bitching about the bitcoin-foundation and closed-door-policy (lack of transparency). Could it be a sellingpoint for uno to explicitly not have such a centralized 'foundation'?

i didn't hear back from https://www.melotic.com so far. Maybe some of you want to remind them again that they want to have Uno on their exchange? Wink

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 06:47:09 PM

everybody is bitching about the bitcoin-foundation and closed-door-policy (lack of transparency). Could it be a sellingpoint for uno to explicitly not have such a centralized 'foundation'?

Absolutely, just look at this awesome community. If someone has a comment, they just drop in and say their piece. We don't need no stinking foundation!
As for transparency, I'm so sick of that word. Anyone that uses it is certainly opaque!

i didn't hear back from https://www.melotic.com so far. Maybe some of you want to remind them again that they want to have Uno on their exchange? Wink

Also, I remember reading on here that many folks were worried that our volumes were very low at several of the exchanges we were already on.  Will adding another exchange cause the volume to further decline?  Would we be better off pooling our nagging efforts at getting listed on BTC-e or one of the other big boys?

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:31:37 PM

My second uno withdrawal from cryptsy came through, woowoo! I have no reason to trust cryptsy, i have no reason to not trust them. Well, the lack of trust is weighted a bit more after having to wait a combined two weeks for two withdrawals, but they did eventually come through.

It looks like the number two wallet is an exchange. That number one wallet though, hmmmm, i just don't have any logical reason as to why it would be an exchange. Why would an exchange have 30% of the coins?

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 07:33:57 PM

My second uno withdrawal from cryptsy came through, woowoo! I have no reason to trust cryptsy, i have no reason to not trust them. Well, the lack of trust is weighted a bit more after having to wait a combined two weeks for two withdrawals, but they did eventually come through.

It looks like the number two wallet is an exchange. That number one wallet though, hmmmm, i just don't have any logical reason as to why it would be an exchange. Why would an exchange have 30% of the coins?

I'm no computer science wiz kid, but I believe that I was able to trace my Cryptsy UNO withdrawals through a series of wallets back to the big one using the blockchain...

Has anyone else tried that?

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 07:52:41 PM

Based on what I've just witnessed, I'm going to side with the people who think that uRAN is Cryptsy cold storage.

Yesterday's #2 wallet seems to have been distributed to the people who are reporting their Cryptsy withdrawal orders being fulfilled.
We know that the #2 wallet from yesterday came directly from the present #1 wallet (uRAN).

The present #2 wallet is old udYSEGNw, which hasn't moved in 126 days.

Nostr:
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: