Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:37:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046616 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:54:03 AM

I had a backup of my wallet.
Then everything removed. Then downloaded again. Updated blocks.
Only backup was gone. So the empty wallet now works fine.
 Sad

what does 'everything removed' mean?
How can a backup be gone?
Did you delete your wallet.dat with no backups?

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:59:37 AM

Sad

I had made a backup. But in some strange way, it was gone. I found this out after I had removed the rest. I mean the whole folder. Then installed new wallet. When I searched for the wallet backup i could not find it anywhere.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
V500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:01:21 AM

professional FUD to shake out the weak hands just before the imminent rise. One thing that makes you loose money is listening to coindesk is what i was able to grasp over the last year.

Why don't they write about the inflation of the USD? What they talk about in that article is the inflation of bitcoin wich is still lower than fiat-inflation. Panic dump fiat?

One more reason to buy Uno.

(left a comment and people there already figured out coindesk is echoing wallstreet-propaganda)

V500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:09:32 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 07:20:16 AM by V500

Sad

I had made a backup. But in some strange way, it was gone. I found this out after I had removed the rest. I mean the whole folder. Then installed new wallet. When I searched for the wallet backup i could not find it anywhere.

oh, good man. Did you loose your backup and deleted your wallet.dat? That would be unfortunate and worst case scenario. Never ever delete a wallet.dat with coins on it. That should be common sense. Hope you can find your backup.

If you fail to find the backup you can still go look for a tool called "UNeraser" which recovers deleted files from your harddisk.

I personally have at least 3 copies of a wallet on 3 different devices (but that's just me)

hope you can find that backup or recover the original file.

layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:24:48 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 12:02:21 AM by layer1gfx

hi everyone,

i got a message from BitcoinNational with the request to come up with some ideas for UNO accepted here buttons.

here you go:

and here is a more minimal & clean version which is also nice, it has a bit more of a laboratory feel ...

if you click on the pics you can see the highres files on pinterest.

edit: here is the 2nd version as a transparent png which should work on almost any dark or light background.
of course it can be re-sized for websites etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gn88rv66zoan7pg/uno-accepted-here-3-transparent.png?dl=0

let me know what you think...

if you like the buttons you can send me some tips to my UNO add:
ugG6sD3ZS2MPvAySzLY3aq9AQLibquYc7q

cheers Wink

layer1gfx
V500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:27:00 AM

@layer1gfx

great stuff!

layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:28:19 AM

@layer1gfx

great stuff!

thanks! Wink
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:38:05 AM

Hey, Bitcoin Charlie! Not a move to Yacoin (Heaven help us!). Just a reference to muckin' about with bullion sales.

I was actually thinking of your gig yesterday: gotta find good info that explains the drop in silver and gold prices in the last two years. Luckily, I suspect that a good number of Unobtanium community members do think that bullion would be a good 'anchor' (as the economy goes really pear-shaped).

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Low demand, increase in inventory- also increase in production, one last thing, cost of production is trending down. Just a few things which could mean silver will stagnate for a while yet.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
V500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:53:24 AM

[...] increase in inventory [...]

which isn't even true. Silver is used to a higher degree than gold is. Gold is piling up year after year. Silver isn't. Demand outstrips supply since decades.
Why the price so low? Maybe manipulation, MAYBE  Tongue

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:14:52 AM

which isn't even true. Silver is used to a higher degree than gold is. Gold is piling up year after year. Silver isn't. Demand outstrips supply since decades.

For an overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJhV4YOp89U&list=LLBgYfi5EKCfD7ZJiIBDArSQ

I agree silver is used more than gold.

Actually demand is pretty low too which that video should show, in comparison to pre 2013, even if industrial use is fairly constant.

But if you don't believe any numbers that are put out there (which I half don't blame you for) then nothing I say will matter.

What I will say though is this means more to me than stories and this is why silver is a buy from here on down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HocTtEJq5BI

I don't buy stories, I buy what makes logical sense, just so happens that after 2 years in the pan that silver is starting to look good again.

Manipulation can be up or it can be down, all I care about is being on the right side of the trade.

On another note, this guy Don Harrold is extremely interesting and has a fantastic track record.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:19:47 AM

Also, if you like silver- you'll be able to buy some pure silver UNO bars (wallets) off of me soon Cheesy

But if you can't wait until then, I accept UNO for my pure silver Goxxed For the Last Time coins too Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508380.0

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:31:13 AM

Sad

oh, good man. Did you loose your backup and deleted your wallet.dat? That would be unfortunate and worst case scenario. Never ever delete a wallet.dat with coins on it. That should be common sense. Hope you can find your backup.

If you fail to find the backup you can still go look for a tool called "UNeraser" which recovers deleted files from your harddisk.

I personally have at least 3 copies of a wallet on 3 different devices (but that's just me)

hope you can find that backup or recover the original file.

Thanks for youre tip! Wink

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
V500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:51:45 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 09:02:09 AM by V500

@bigtimespaghetti

there's a lot of info out there. I just know a few things:
above-ground available supply for silver was shrinking since more than 6 decades. We are now at stock-inventory of the midleages (really low). Of course they crank up production because they have to. Goverments sold out on silver. They have not much left. Meanwhile demand increases year after year since silver is used for its conductory properties in pretty much every high-tech-application out there from solarpanals to cellphones. Rfid-chips and Satellites. Weapons and computers. Did you know only 10% of mined silver goes to bullion and the other 90% go to industrial demand? A google-search on "industrial demand silver" or "silver deficit" shows uniformly that demand is increasing. The sheer flood of information out there on the topic is overwhelming and sometimes contradicting. (lots of opinions and propaganda)

(a little more offtopic on the uno-thread for you)

can't wait to see your silver-wallet to be honest before you can charge me 5 times what you would charge me now Wink

edit: one more graphic if it's not too small. The current global inventory of available silversupply is at a record low of less than 1 year of demand.

remember you heard it here first Wink

silver is certainly soon more scarce and was historically valued at 15oz to 1oz of gold. Today we have a ratio gold:silver of 1:65  ... i think we are in for a good silver-correction mid/longterm. Time will tell.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:00:02 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 11:43:53 AM by BitcoinNational

I think creating a strong link between [Ag] and UNO is a smart move.  [Ag] has a much more 'populist' appeal and history.  Then the 'industrial use' argument. 'Low inventory' indicators.  Plus less risk in mailing/postal theft. I think we could realistically fix an exchange rate of 1uno=1/15th oz. in short order.  From there keep building up a network of 'holder/dealers' and progressively increase the amount of [Ag] backing Un.  If we get to parity 1:1, excellent.  And I think this will bring BIG attention and high volume market liquidity.  BUT ... I think we can go further than just a market capital equaling about 200k oz [Ag].  Long term 'Unobtanium' is to be created by a strange alchemy of many precious metals, goods, services, and spices.  This way the market capital can grow on up backed by physicals all the way, baby steps first.  Personally I will try to hold at least 100oz physical before this winter.  (earmarked for UN price support)

Citi analysis points to the increased sophistication and cost of mining as a major driver for growth in bitcoin supply.
As mining costs rise, miners come under pressure to sell their freshly unearthed bitcoin to recoup the costs of their investment in equipment. Citi notes that about 3,500 BTC are mined daily, against a backdrop of 60,000–10,000 BTC in daily trading volume in recent months.
The research note says:
   “If the miners are a steady source of supply and there is no increase in final demand, we have this overhang of bitcoin being sold in the market. In consequence, we have downward price pressures.”

1. UNO does not suffer downward price pressure because of supply inflation (BTC,LTC etc do)

2. If Citi is paying any market researcher for analysis points.  Then so too are Morgan, Barclays, BOA, and Goldman.  The City maybe the biggest player of all.  And if they even acknowledge they know what BTC is then that means they are officially in the game.  Crypto has arrived.  

3. Throwing $5 million a day at BTC to 'manage' the price model is small potatoes.    Expect the full array of Wall Street tricks and traps.  Bitcoin is currently in a "shakeout", BTW.  I think things will get spike-y very soon.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 10:02:27 AM

I think creating a strong link between [Ag] and UNO is a smart move.  [Ag] has a much more 'populist' appeal and history.  Then the 'industrial use' argument. Plus less risk in mailing/postal theft. I think we could realistically fix an exchange rate of 1uno=1/15th oz. in short order.  From there keep building up a network of 'holder/dealers' and progressively increase the amount of [Ag] backing Un.  If we get to parity 1:1, excellent.  And I think this will bring BIG attention and high volume market liquidity.  BUT ... I think we can go further than just a market capital equaling about 200k oz [Ag].  Long term 'Unobtanium' is to be created by a strange alchemy of many precious metals, goods, services, and spices.  This way the market capital can grow on up backed by physicals all the way, baby steps first.  Personally I will try to hold at least 100oz physical before this winter.  

Interesting idea, I really don't know how asset backing can work short of using physical wallets.

I agree that buying some silver is a good idea. I believe it could go as low as $12 in a super extreme bottom (I'll be loading the boat for sure). After that I think people will be shocked at how far it could go.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 12:26:56 PM

Just added Miningpools.tk to the OP.

If you know of any other pools that should be on the list (or dead pools that should be removed), LMK.

It's not just a resource for miners, but also a contact list should we need to get in contact with miners.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 12:54:50 PM

I was looking at this this today,

When all of a sudden this classic popped into my head.

I've always loved classical music.

Nostr:
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:21:44 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 08:38:40 AM by IMZ

@ V 500: I am no fan of Coindesk. But I can't dismiss the analysis vis a vis Bitcoin, by which we remain influenced. Middle of the road: let's strongly develop Unobtanium, and it will go well either way.

@ Bigtimespaghetti: not 'backed' by silver! I'd have expressed it theoretically, but BitcoinNational has bested me:

'Long term 'Unobtanium' is to be created by a strange alchemy of many precious metals, goods, services, and spices.'
Will watch Don Harold.

@ BitcoinNational: you da man!!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
V500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:00:07 AM

reporting: the blue crypto award is being worked on.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 12:51:06 PM

Cryptsy wallet is now identified on the Rich List.

Nostr:
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: