Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MinerGate Pool [PPS 1.5%] [PPLNS 1%] ZEC-ETH-ETC-BTC-LTC-BCN-XMR-QCN-FCN-XDN  (Read 305855 times)
AmusedAcrobat

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:01:22 AM

What's up with Minergate app mining when it's paused? ... it also stops moments after I open task manager, seems fishy to me...

https://i.imgur.com/m53Olx2.png
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:29:21 PM

Still connection problems message and after 24 hours no profit. I will solomine again better.  Undecided

What is the best way to solomine on multiple computers to same wallet?

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 03:31:49 PM

Still connection problems message and after 24 hours no profit. I will solomine again better.  Undecided

when you run the daemon there are arguments you can add to point it a wallet on a different computer.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
Yanakitu Tenatako

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:01:40 PM

when you run the daemon there are arguments you can add to point it a wallet on a different computer.

So, need to have daemon synchronized on every computer I wish to be in mining ?
TNX for help

surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:04:05 PM

So, need to have daemon synchronized on every computer I wish to be in mining ?
TNX for help
Yes. You can put a copy of the blockchain from one synced computer onto the others so it doesn't take much time for them to sync.
nopedope89 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:11:50 AM

What's up with Minergate app mining when it's paused? ... it also stops moments after I open task manager, seems fishy to me...

Hello!

We were not able to reproduce the problem. Can you specify the circumstances?

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
Yanakitu Tenatako

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:29:43 AM

Shall we see faster miner for Windows, since on monero somehow hashrate is doubled with latest version?

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:21:04 PM

The other day I found a Bitcoin Mining trojan on my PC. So I'm now taking a very defensive stance against any closed-source wallets or miners.

Minergate has to go from my PC now.
poochpocket

Activity: 458
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:16:23 PM

The other day I found a Bitcoin Mining trojan on my PC. So I'm now taking a very defensive stance against any closed-source wallets or miners.

Can you give us some details? It would be helpful to know how you identified the trojan so that we can check our systems for it's presence.
sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:53:23 PM

Can you give us some details? It would be helpful to know how you identified the trojan so that we can check our systems for it's presence.

My computer had been running with no problems whatsoever for past 3 years. Never a virus, never formatted etc. I am on Windows 7 professional x64 with Kaspersky Internet Security.
I am running MultiBit with a few other open-source alt-coin wallets and Minergate mining app.

2 days ago the PC when I started it, it stuck on the welcome screen. (After clicking on the user logo on logon screen, the 'welcome' text would appear and the 'process circle' would keep running until infinity, computer won't start)

I booted in safe mode, it started fine. I installed Malware Bytes in safe mode and ran a scan. It found a 'Trojan.Bitcoin.Miner' which I removed. But then also the PC would still freeze at logon screen. After going through a lot, I ended up restoring my C drive with Norton Ghost; essentially formatting my C drive.

I'm not sure what was the cause of the problem, but I'm now cautious of putting anything closed-source related to Bitcoin or alt-coins on my system.

I wouldn't blame Kaspersky for this, because every now and then it warns me about something and sometimes I would just tell it to ignore the object or mark it as trusted just because I believe the object to be from trusted source. Never gonna happen again, though.
poochpocket

Activity: 458
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:58:31 PM

My computer had been running with no problems whatsoever for past 3 years. Never a virus, never formatted etc. I am on Windows 7 professional x64 with Kaspersky Internet Security.
I am running MultiBit with a few other open-source alt-coin wallets and Minergate mining app.

2 days ago the PC when I started it, it stuck on the welcome screen. (After clicking on the user logo on logon screen, the 'welcome' text would appear and the 'process circle' would keep running until infinity, computer won't start)

I booted in safe mode, it started fine. I installed Malware Bytes in safe mode and ran a scan. It found a 'Trojan.Bitcoin.Miner' which I removed. But then also the PC would still freeze at logon screen. After going through a lot, I ended up restoring my C drive with Norton Ghost; essentially formatting my C drive.

I'm not sure what was the cause of the problem, but I'm now cautious of putting anything closed-source related to Bitcoin or alt-coins on my system.

I wouldn't blame Kaspersky for this, because every now and then it warns me about something and sometimes I would just tell it to ignore the object or mark it as trusted just because I believe the object to be from trusted source. Never gonna happen again, though.
Thanks for the info.
I just installed and ran Malware Bytes on my system that has been running MinerGate for over a month and it didn't detect any Malware. So the trojan you got was most likely not related to MinerGate.
sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:10:34 PM

Thanks for the info.
I just installed and ran Malware Bytes on my system that has been running MinerGate for over a month and it didn't detect any Malware. So the trojan you got was most likely not related to MinerGate.

Yes, it was probably from somewhere else, but it would be hard to guess. So rather than mining with closed-source app, I'd rather mine scrypt and trade it for BCN. The coin is cheap anyway, so buying is a feasible option.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:19:40 PM

Yes, it was probably from somewhere else, but it would be hard to guess. So rather than mining with closed-source app, I'd rather mine scrypt and trade it for BCN. The coin is cheap anyway, so buying is a feasible option.

Just mine Monero, BCN with its huge "pre/ninja mine" will be probably dumped when it hits exchange - devs already bribed Comkort to trade it.

Just my 2BCNs :p

sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:30:50 PM

Just mine Monero, BCN with its huge "pre/ninja mine" will be probably dumped when it hits exchange - devs already bribed Comkort to trade it.

Just my 2BCNs :p

Monero has been mentioned numerous times already in this thread, but no thanks. I would rather support the original idea even if it has been 'ninja-mined' as you say.

I wouldn't mine monero for the same reason I don't mine any BTC or LTC forks/clones. You have your reasons for mining it, I have my reasons for NOT mining it. So lets just agree to disagree and spare this thread from monero ads. Thanks.
Yanakitu Tenatako

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:00:18 AM

We need optimized miner.
Like Monero have.

NopeDope please release it, don't hold it for closed group.

nopedope89 (OP)
Legendary

FROSTING

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:58:10 AM

We need optimized miner.
Like Monero have.

Hello!

Can you elaborate on this? Is there a source code for it we can look up to?

▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:07:15 AM

We need optimized miner.
Like Monero have.

Hello!

It should be here https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero  it is much better optimised for windows. Also BCN diff today reached all time high 4.27m  Grin
nopedope89 (OP)
Legendary

FROSTING

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:05:09 AM

We need optimized miner.
Like Monero have.

Hello!

It should be here https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero  it is much better optimised for windows. Also BCN diff today reached all time high 4.27m  Grin

Compiled it. No changes in hashrate detected. Ubuntu 13.10

▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:23:03 PM

We need optimized miner.
Like Monero have.

Hello!

It should be here https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero  it is much better optimised for windows. Also BCN diff today reached all time high 4.27m  Grin

Compiled it. No changes in hashrate detected. Ubuntu 13.10

Hey,
NoodleDoodle optimized the slow hash code recently to about 225% performance. However, he has decided not to release the source code and has only released binaries. I think he is enjoying mining MRO with very high hash rates from Linux right now. Eventually we hope he will release the code.

Our git repo has the same code as BCN 0.8.6, so will be the same speed.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Yanakitu Tenatako

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:17:42 PM

Aahh... it was noodledoodle....at first I wrote noodledoodle in original post and then changed it to NopeDope. It should remain unchanged Sad Sorry NopeDope I thought you have other algo that makes difference.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: