Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:31:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506532 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:13:57 AM

The reason I am writing is because after much thought. I have realized that the only way (besides "Project Prime" in development) we can stop this from happening this way, and offering a level of protection, is to track our hardware cost to the market.
Also let it be known, that at this point, I am certain "Project Prime" is your take on a cloud mining solution with a twist. It's the next logical evolution in your company's cycle. Anyone who follows your company can tell you this. It just fits.

Regular Guy™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
healthandwealth

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:17:36 AM

This must be a difficult task to carry out.  But action beats inaction every time so I applaud the brainstorming of ideas.  What will make things more interesting is when other power ASICs (KnC, etc.) are released.  I've purchased a few sets of gridseeds but am unsure if buying again would be wise at this point.  As seductive as getting 54 Mh/s sounds...it seems as though escalation will turn buying ASICs into a psuedo cold war between miners...where profits get cannibalized.  I hope I'm wrong.  There's nothing more than I'd like to see GAW and other miners get paid and plow through the uncertain future of scrypt coin mining.
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:31:58 AM

Hello Everyone!

Our pre-orders were better then expected! As a result, we were able to double most of our purchases. What does this mean? A lower price to you!

And this time............ before you actually buy Smiley

Naturally, all existing orders will be credited the difference. When you email support for the credit (as I know you all will Smiley) Please please be patience. We will have a huge spike in tickets because of this change. I promise you, everyone will get the adjusted price. Thanks!

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:35:58 AM

Hello Everyone!

Our pre-orders were better then expected! As a result, we were able to double most of our purchases. What does this mean? A lower price to you!

Naturally, all existing orders will be credited the difference. When you email support for the credit (as I know you all will Smiley) Please please be patience. We will have a huge spike in tickets because of this change. I promise you, everyone will get the adjusted price. Thanks!
Done. When I receive my credit I'll order a second war machine.

Regular Guy™
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:43:05 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 06:53:24 AM by suchmoon

Hello Everyone!

You might want to review your prices. Week Two is more expensive than Week One for some of the miners.

Why couldn't you adjust all existing orders without asking? I don't care for the adjustment itself since I haven't ordered anything yet, but as I have outstanding tickets for other issues I sure would appreciate not having your support staff flooded with price adjustments, I'd rather see existing issues taken care of as a priority.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:51:45 AM

GAW MINERS 
PAYPAL ACCEPTANCE
Date: May 13th, 2014

We regretfully inform all GAW Miners customers that we are no longer accepting payments through PayPal effective immediately. 

As you may be aware, our astounding growth over the last few months has lead to an explosive growth in the number and variety of customer PayPal transactions.  These payment, pre-order, which range in size from a few to hundreds of thousands of dollars, and originating from over 100 countries has created certain issues with PayPal regarding customer identity, fraud and regulatory authority compliance.  We are actively engaged with PayPal to expeditiously resolve these matters.  Please bear with us while we work towards an early restoration of PayPal facilities to our customers.

In the interim, we are pleased to accept credit cards, wire transfers and Bitcoin payments.

I love how PayPal gets upset when people are earning too much money. It sucks that you got caught up in this. There was a non-profit game that took donations in return for their game (instead of SELLING it) and got shut down by PayPal and had hundreds of thousands of dollars stolen by them because PayPal claimed there were too many transactions coming in and it was "high risk." Imagine if MasterCard banned Wal-Mart because of "too many transactions." Ridiculous.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Mad Macs

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:34:16 AM

Hello Everyone!

You might want to review your prices. Week Two is more expensive than Week One for some of the miners.

Why couldn't you adjust all existing orders without asking? I don't care for the adjustment itself since I haven't ordered anything yet, but as I have outstanding tickets for other issues I sure would appreciate not having your support staff flooded with price adjustments, I'd rather see existing issues taken care of as a priority.

Yeah, the war machine price is out of whack.  It's cheaper to buy 2 Falcons than 1 War Machine??
Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:25:40 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 09:36:52 AM by Tommo_Aus

GAW MINERS 
PAYPAL ACCEPTANCE

We regretfully inform all GAW Miners customers that we are no longer accepting payments through PayPal effective immediately.  

As you may be aware, our astounding growth over the last few months has lead to an explosive growth in the number and variety of customer PayPal transactions.  These payment, pre-order, which range in size from a few to hundreds of thousands of dollars, and originating from over 100 countries has created certain issues with PayPal regarding customer identity, fraud and regulatory authority compliance.  We are actively engaged with PayPal to expeditiously resolve these matters.  Please bear with us while we work towards an early restoration of PayPal facilities to our customers.

In the interim, we are pleased to accept credit cards, wire transfers and Bitcoin payments.

Furthermore, you may be interested to know I just pre-ordered some of the new miners and paid via credit card (my previous purchase I used PayPal). About 30 minutes after making the purchase I received a call from my bank notifying me my card had been suspended due to suspicious activity, the suspicious activity was my GAW purchase.

I cleared the matter up with my bank but suffice to say its a major Australian bank so chances are this will happen to more buyers. Looks like GAW has been black listed by some banks as I've purchased items of greater amounts from overseas recently and I haven't received a phone call.

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
aumusxou

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:47:12 AM

I cleared the matter up with my bank but suffice to say its a major Australian bank so chances are this will happen to more buyers. Looks like GAW has been black listed by some banks as I've purchased items of greater amounts from overseas recently and I haven't received a phone call.

Doubt that.  Banks seem to have no rhyme or reason.  You could make several $1000+ purchases, and your bank stops a $50 payment because it's "suspicious" to their algorithm.

"Black listed"?  What are you trying to spread?  Where's your proof?
xxlag

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:26:31 AM

Hello Everyone!

+1. If GAW make this process without asking, it would save them lots of time and will look more professionally.
Priced are a bit messy as cheaper miners are better deal vs top ones also, so this refund/credit round possibly could repeat wasting more customers nerves and GAW team's time.
RavenX

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:52:01 AM

Hello Everyone!

Awesome news...  Cheesy

I'd like to order more with this new price, but there's no more hosted option?  Huh

Hello Everyone!

Why couldn't you adjust all existing orders without asking?

This ^^^^
Its much more professional and you will avoid a ticket flood.

Hello Everyone!

Yeah, the war machine price is out of whack.  It's cheaper to buy 2 Falcons than 1 War Machine??

13 x Fury almost equals 1 x Black Widow

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:57:48 AM

Hello Everyone!

I ordered a week-one hosted Falcon. I sent in a ticket over on your website here: http://www.gawminers.com/contact-us/

Is this the proper place? Or should I send an email to a specific email account?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
RavenX

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:15:21 PM

Willing to buy 3 more Furys (maybe 1 Black Widow) if the hosted option returns...  Wink

BitcoinGeekBoy

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:31:29 PM

GAW MINERS 
PAYPAL ACCEPTANCE

As you may be aware, our astounding growth over the last few months has lead to an explosive growth in the number and variety of customer PayPal transactions.  These payment, pre-order, which range in size from a few to hundreds of thousands of dollars, and originating from over 100 countries has created certain issues with PayPal regarding customer identity, fraud and regulatory authority compliance.  We are actively engaged with PayPal to expeditiously resolve these matters.  Please bear with us while we work towards an early restoration of PayPal facilities to our customers.

I love how PayPal gets upset when people are earning too much money. It sucks that you got caught up in this. There was a non-profit game that took donations in return for their game (instead of SELLING it) and got shut down by PayPal and had hundreds of thousands of dollars stolen by them because PayPal claimed there were too many transactions coming in and it was "high risk." Imagine if MasterCard banned Wal-Mart because of "too many transactions." Ridiculous.

Ha!  That is why Paypal will died eventually and Bitcoin will rule. 
Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:52:41 PM

Doubt that.  Banks seem to have no rhyme or reason.  You could make several $1000+ purchases, and your bank stops a $50 payment because it's "suspicious" to their algorithm.

"Black listed"?  What are you trying to spread?  Where's your proof?

I'm not trying to spread anything, just letting GAW know my payment was considered suspicious so others might run into the same problems.

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:06:21 PM

Whats going on with the War Machine? I bought week three and paid $6800, its now $5999? I still haven't received a product but I have purchased it, and the price dropped by $900?
RavenX

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:10:56 PM

Whats going on with the War Machine? I bought week three and paid $6800, its now $5999? I still haven't received a product but I have purchased it, and the price dropped by $900?

All prices were cut and they're going to credit everyone.
Read some posts before.

Wink

anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:16:20 PM

All prices were cut and they're going to credit everyone.
Read some posts before.

Wink

Thanks for that. It's sometimes hard to sift through so many posts, but I did find it. I wish they'd update the page 1 on top everytime they posted updates.
unimatrixzer0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:17:20 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 01:34:47 PM by unimatrixzer0

Hi GAW Miner CEO, I was just wondering what your plans are on addressing and implementing a fix for the downtime a lot of people using your hosted service seem to be expressing dissatisfaction for.

Since I don't have the service personally I can only go by what other posters have been commenting on and it sounds like this is a frequent and ongoing issue.

One of the main draws for me in considering purchasing a few war machines was your company hosting them.

I think it would work to your advantage to work out a business plan to where you can guarantee a certain percentage in up time like a typically hosting facility would. This is in regard to your infrastructure of course. For instance having a secondary ISP is something that would be in your control. Whatever system you have in place as the "middle man" between us and remotely control our miners would be in your control. Aside from the actual miners themselves there is a lot you do have control over in regards to the service you are providing.

Thanks for listening.

Edit: Of course this may be a mute point as I don't see any miners under your scrypt hosting section any more for order :/
BitcoinGeekBoy

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:39:16 PM

Hello Everyone!

So if I already pre-ordered a week ago a War Machine for Week 3, are you saying I will get another War Machine for free?  If so then how do I claim that?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: