Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:22:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506544 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RavenX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:42:35 PM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/positive-implications-zeus-miners-partnership-gawminers/2014/05/14

Nice info...  Smiley

"Josh:  When we first started out people were so distrustful that we were asked often to use escrow for in stock items.  Now a month and a half later we are able to sell $500k in pre-orders in a day or two with no problems. This has allowed us to bring some legitimacy to companies like Zeusminer that did not have the scale to do that themselves. People trust that we are going to be able to deliver.
With the news on KNC, we are coming for them. We are right on their tail, and it is only going to get better.  Once this launch is underway we will be able to sell $2 to $3 million in pre-orders the next launch, and we have been making good decisions in the way we reinvest back into the business that allows us to do so.  A lot of these guys treat this business like it is a cash cow and do not put anything back into it.
I have personally doubled my investment in GAWMiners from when we started.  It will allow us to do more things. Working out this deal with Zeusminer was a big part of that. We have a very special position with them because of our brand. People know and trust our brand we were able to create this scale for them."

Hosted 300MHs KnC Miners ??

GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:57:40 PM

Hosting Update:

All hosted products are out of stock and we do not have an ETA on when they will be back. For now, it would be best to order a shipped miner
RavenX

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:00:28 PM

Hosting Update:

All hosted products are out of stock and we do not have an ETA on when they will be back. For now, it would be best to order a shipped miner

Thx for the update... but I'm sad with it...  Cry

GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

Hosting Update:

Me too. But our free hosting takes the majority of our companies resources and is the least profitable thing we do. We are growing out of our available power and bandwidth too quickly. This is causing stability issues.

We are actually upgrading our colocation again this week, and adding three more. We are scaling up to host an unprecedented amount of power.
BitcoinGeekBoy

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:15:54 PM

Hosting Update:

Me too. But our free hosting takes the majority of our companies resources and is the least profitable thing we do. We are growing out of our available power and bandwidth too quickly. This is causing stability issues.

We are actually upgrading our colocation again this week, and adding three more. We are scaling up to host an unprecedented amount of power.

So GAW is expanding and upgrading so that the hosting option will be available again soon --correct?
volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:17:04 PM

Hosting Update:

Regular Guy™
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:19:52 PM

Hosting Update:

Since we now know you'll be handling Zeus hosting as well, and if the free hosting is costing so much in resources + so many folks are having issues keeping hosted units online, how do you intend to handle this increased capacity along with the resources to manage it considering the end of this month and the Zeus hardware release is right around the corner?

"so many people" are not having issues. If you counted EVERY post that has been made about hosting issues on the form, it would represent less then 1% of our hosted customer base.

But, this 1% is just as important as the 99% percent. So I have stopped hosted orders until its 100%.
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:20:42 PM

Hosting Update:

Want to know whats funny about this? Our largest data center, is being built next to a power plant lol
volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:22:26 PM

Hosting Update:

Want to know whats funny about this? Our largest data center, is being built next to a power plant lol
Awesome. Smiley Check your PM box. Need to chat.

Regular Guy™
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:38:08 PM

Stop deleting my posts.

Can you provide any more details about the upcoming hosting return in regards to uptime, SLA (like I asked in my other deleted post), etc.?

Hey Reactor. I am not the CEO but a critical customer with hosted Blades.

1 WeeK:

The first week of my hosted miners was so so, there were a lot of restart loops and downtimes, but I would say over 7 days the Blades were up about 85-90%. I changed pool 3 times a day, which caused most of the downtime.

2 Week:

They improved a lot. The UI shows sometimes failures but the miners a still mining. The Pool changing works also better and the restart loops are decreased by 80%.
We had 2 internet failures this week. Downtime around 5 hours together. So This week I would say uptime for my blades around 95%

Conclusion:

They improve. Thats all what I want as a customer. I mean it is anyway a free service which I am glad not to handle my miners at home.

When the hosted options are back I will buy one of the new miners. It is just more convenient and 2.5% Fee is fully ok.

PS: Josh I hope you dont delete the post and stick to customer feedback in this thread even if it is not 100% positive. Thanks
RavenX

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:56:22 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 06:44:25 PM by RavenX

Hosting Update:

Thx for the update... but I'm sad with it...  Cry

Just don't give up on "hosted" items.
People like me, that have to pay 60% customs taxes and wait 2 months for them to "release" the products, rely on such services.
If there were not this option, I'd had not purchased some miners.

Wink

GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:08:07 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 06:57:05 PM by GAW Miners_CEO

Hey Guys,

Wanted to provide an update for everyone.

I have heard you loud and clear. You're upset because we talked about price protection and a buy back program that we did not do with the last set of miners we released.

While we ran in to some unexpected bumps, that's not an excuse. I should have figured out a way to make it work and taken care of those that have taken care of us. For that, you have my apologies.

So here is what we are going to do to fix it:

We are creating an upgrade path for all blade hosted customers that ordered before May 5th (before the price change). You will be able to upgrade from a 5.2MH/s Gridseed Blade to a 13MH/s Black Widow (week 3) for $500!

Here are the rules:
This offer will only be available until May 18th 12 AM Eastern.
It's only available while our stock lasts.
Since we are buying back your old gear, we need to resell it. So at the time of your order, we will take your hosted blade offline.
The Black Widow you will be purchasing will be shipped to you (not hosted) by the Batch 3 Ship Date (June 9th).

Those that want to keep hosting will need to sit tight for, but we will have something cool for you in the future. You will not be forgotten Smiley

We will always do right by our customers, and we are in this for the long haul. Thank you for expecting more from us, holding us accountable, and allowing us to rise to occasion!

You can upgrade here:
http://www.gawminers.com/upgrade-gridseed-blade-to-the-black-widow-13-mh-s-week-three/

Josh - CEO

P.S. You still get your free Fury!
AgoraLive

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:29:45 PM

Hosting Update:

Since we now know you'll be handling Zeus hosting as well, and if the free hosting is costing so much in resources + so many folks are having issues keeping hosted units online, how do you intend to handle this increased capacity along with the resources to manage it considering the end of this month and the Zeus hardware release is right around the corner?

"so many people" are not having issues. If you counted EVERY post that has been made about hosting issues on the form, it would represent less then 1% of our hosted customer base.

But, this 1% is just as important as the 99% percent. So I have stopped hosted orders until its 100%.

So sad to be part of the 1% (with 10 gridseeds and 2 Blades = 15 MH/s)...  :-(
bitlind

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:30:24 PM

Hey Guys,

I have heard you loud and clear. You're upset because we talked about price protection and a buy back program that we did not do with the last set of miners we released.

While we ran in to some unexpected bumps, that's not an excuse. I should have figured out a way to make it work and taken care of those that have taken care of us. For that, you have my apologies.

We are creating an upgrade path for all blade hosted customers that ordered before May 5th (before the price change). You will be able to upgrade from a 5.2MH/s Gridseed Blade to a 13MH/s Black Widow (week 3) for $500!

Here are the rules:
At the time of your order, we will take your hosted blade offline.
The Black Widow you will be purchasing will be shipped to you (not hosted) by the Batch 3 Ship Date (June 9th).

Those that want to keep hosting will need to sit tight for, but we will have something cool for you in the future. You will not be forgotten Smiley

We will always do right by our customers, and we are in this for the long haul. Thank you for expecting more from us, holding us accountable, and allowing us to rise to occasion!

The upgrade product will be up shortly Smiley

Josh - CEO

Resell those used G-Blades and a nice price break and get rid of the old equipment when you are ready!
evilfishboy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:48:08 PM

Is there going to be anything for the people that bought hosted gridseed 10 pack before the price dropped from $999.95? 

Thanks. 
x8008

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:49:11 PM

Hey Guys,

Here are the rules:

You can upgrade here:
http://www.gawminers.com/upgrade-gridseed-blade-to-the-black-widow-13-mh-s-week-three/

Josh - CEO

Why such a time difference between hosted blade being taken offline and delivery of replacement hardware?  Why won't it be taken offline when the new hardware ships?  That's over three weeks of downtime if people order at the deadline.

I am a little concerned about this also if I choose to do the upgrade.. can we keep the blade online until the new miner is live?
NCM

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:50:37 PM

Hey Guys,

Here are the rules:

The upgrade product will be up shortly Smiley

Josh - CEO

how do we get in on this?

It's on the website.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 8996

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:51:10 PM

how do we get in on this?

GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:51:57 PM

Hey Guys,

Here are the rules:

You can upgrade here:

Josh - CEO

Why such a time difference between hosted blade being taken offline and delivery of replacement hardware?  Why won't it be taken offline when the new hardware ships?  That's over three weeks of downtime if people order at the deadline.

I am a little concerned about this also if I choose to do the upgrade.. can we keep the blade online until the new miner is live?

No sorry, the only way a buy back makes sense is if we can buy back the hardware so we can then resell it Smiley

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
NCM

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:58:04 PM

Hey Guys,

Here are the rules:

You can upgrade here:

Josh - CEO

Why such a time difference between hosted blade being taken offline and delivery of replacement hardware?  Why won't it be taken offline when the new hardware ships?  That's over three weeks of downtime if people order at the deadline.

No sorry, the only way a buy back makes sense is if we can buy back the hardware so we can then resell it Smiley

hmm anything you guys could do for that 3 weeks of downtime?

If you don't want the downtime, don't take the deal. Do the math and make a decision. I think it's great that they are making offers. Personally, I'm doing hosting so I'll wait and see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: