Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:18:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread)  (Read 261841 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Luttinen

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:09:34 AM

Guys. Be careful though. If this wall goes your all fucked.

+1

Classic pump and dump with one big player controlling the entire market

This isn't going to end well, you're all getting played. Don't be a bagholder

Oh look, a total newbie who's never replied to a NeoBee thread before, who is using the terminology 'bagholder'. Now there's only one other person on these forums who uses that term...

Wow. Who's the total newbie now? I sincerely hope you lost allot of money in that pump and dump. People like you are what's wrong with this community

There's someone buying testing the market. This wasn't a pump.

If that was the case they would have put the wall back in at a lower price.

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, acts like a duck...

No because he wants to test support he will try again but wants to see where price action is. A few sold into that wall but idea was to check if there are any big sellers out there that would eat out the wall entirely.

There weren't any big sellers. Wall was there for quite some time.

Wow. You actually believe that?

The wall would have gone within hours. Any serious investor isn't going to pull an order out twenty minutes after putting it in just because it didnt get instant action - there is nobody with 500k shares to fill that order - and considering there was about 20k that got taken out of it, there was serious action, if they had any actual intentions of buying and holding they wouldn't have removed the wall at all

It worked for a while until a few less delusional people on this forum called it out and stopped allot of weaker hands falling for this shit.

As soon as people stopped placing higher buy support the wall went, the pump was over.

On the plus side whoever just tried that pump and dump most likely lost allot of money.

With people like you running around though its surprising they didn't make a profit

You don't get it. This is the toe dipping Soros strategy to check selling power, how easy is to buy. This gives you a good indicator especially if you wanna start a buying spree.

In this case a fat order like that could be filled in by a big desperate seller fast which would tell you there are lots of big whale sellers out there and you can play that to your advantage.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:13:47 AM

+1

Oh look, a total newbie who's never replied to a NeoBee thread before, who is using the terminology 'bagholder'. Now there's only one other person on these forums who uses that term...

Wow. Who's the total newbie now? I sincerely hope you lost allot of money in that pump and dump. People like you are what's wrong with this community

No because he wants to test support he will try again but wants to see where price action is. A few sold into that wall but idea was to check if there are any big sellers out there that would eat out the wall entirely.

The wall would have gone within hours. Any serious investor isn't going to pull an order out twenty minutes after putting it in just because it didnt get instant action - there is nobody with 500k shares to fill that order - and considering there was about 20k that got taken out of it, there was serious action, if they had any actual intentions of buying and holding they wouldn't have removed the wall at all

It worked for a while until a few less delusional people on this forum called it out and stopped allot of weaker hands falling for this shit.

As soon as people stopped placing higher buy support the wall went, the pump was over.

On the plus side whoever just tried that pump and dump most likely lost allot of money.

With people like you running around though its surprising they didn't make a profit

You don't get it. This is the toe dipping Soros strategy to check selling power, how easy is to buy. This gives you a good indicator especially if you wanna start a buying spree.

In this case a fat order like that could be filled in by a big desperate seller fast which would tell you there are lots of big whale sellers out there and you can play that to your advantage.

No, you don't get it.

What just happened was obvious, I've seen it hundreds of times, your just trying to manipulate it to fill your own agenda..

If anyone comes out and buys half a million shares over the next day or two then ill know you we're right. But that's not going to happen.

They were trying to make a quick profit, and it worked initially, until the market stopped responding, and they got hit.

If you'd ever tried to manipulate a market before you would understand.

I'm ending this, it's clear we are not going to agree
bocobit

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:15:05 AM

Where is the media on this one?  I would think that main stream outlets would be licking their chops for a chance to drag Bitcoin over the coals, using how ANOTHER Bitcoin business has imploded as justification.  All I've seen is coindesk, newsBTC, and other small outlets have picked this story up.  

How juicy does it need to be to fly on their radar?
-Insolvency after 25 days of the IPVO
-Stock traded on a unregulated securities exchange
-Holders of the stock have 0% equity in the company
-AWOL CEO
-Bitfunder mishap
-Mt Gox
-One of the leading and trusted voices in the community being involved (Andreas).*
I think that Mt Gox being picked up by main stream has peaked an interest of Bitcoin in the public.  It didn't matter if the spin was pro or con, more people are now aware of Bitcoin because of it.  I'm of the opinion that the only bad news for Bitcoin is no news at this point.

So come on CSNBC, Bloomberg, WSJ, Forbes, show Bitcoin some love (even if its the tough kind)!

*My belief is that Andreas is being authentic in claiming that he was just a technical advisor.  That was a point made clear by him before the whole melt down (maybe he saw the writing on the wall).

https://twitter.com/aantonop

12,000 BTC is 6,000,000 USD at current prices.  I would love to have that money, but in business terms it is small.  There must be (rough guess) at least 100,000 companies of that size in Europe, perhaps much more.

A small company in Cyprus is in trouble.  Why should that be featured by Bloomberg?

Here in Brazil we had a Bitcoin Ponzi (BitcoinRain) that ate some 15,000 BTC from clients.  It wasn't on Bloomberg either...

Good point, have to agree with you there.  Although, I wouldn't put NEOBEE in the category of ponzi scheme just yet.  Calmer heads will let the tape play out and see what unfolds.  If it does end up being one giant scam, my hats off to whoever dreamt it up…  I mean, wow
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:17:03 AM

Put it back up, Herp, I'll take a chunk out of it for ya.

Luttinen

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:26:55 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 12:43:34 AM by Luttinen

No, you don't get it.

What just happened was obvious, I've seen it hundreds of times, your just trying to manipulate it to fill your own agenda.

I'm ending this, it's clear we are not going to agree.

If anyone comes out and buys half a million shares over the next day or two then ill know you we're right. But that's not going to happen.

They were trying to make a quick profit, and it worked initially, until the market stopped responding, and they got hit.

Let me give you an example.

Say I want to buy Neobee shares, ok? I want them at cheapest price possible. Key is to buy without driving up the price.

If there are big desperate sellers out there I want to give them the chance to sell at a low price their whole amount, thus placing a big order makes sense and I won't drive up the price like crazy. Seller doesn't know I'm ready to bid up to say 0.0009 so he'd be happy to sell me at 0.0003 a big chunk.

On the other hand, if I keep the sell wall for too long, I'll drive up the price in no time. Of course if I leave wall out for too long, others will get ideas that something's going on and will try to front run me, so makes sense to remove the wall for frenzy to go away to give chance again to buy low.

This was an interesting test that showed to amazement of some there are no huge sellers out there. What I would do I were that buyer, I'd just put smaller buy orders every now and then to catch the smaller fish. Of course takes patience and can be boring. Big guys have small fish that do this boring task for them.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:52:24 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 01:06:37 AM by mikemikemike

No, you don't get it.

What just happened was obvious, I've seen it hundreds of times, your just trying to manipulate it to fill your own agenda.

I'm ending this, it's clear we are not going to agree.

Let me give you an example.

Say I want to buy Neobee shares, ok? I want them at cheapest price possible. Key is to buy without driving up the price.

If there are big desperate sellers out there I want to give them the chance to sell at a low price their whole amount, thus placing a big order makes sense and I won't drive up the price like crazy. Seller doesn't know I'm ready to bid up to say 0.0009 so he'd be happy to sell me at 0.0003 a big chunk.

On the other hand, if I keep the sell wall for too long, I'll drive up the price in no time. Of course if I leave wall out for too long, others will get ideas that something's going on and will try to front run me, so makes sense to remove the wall for frenzy to go away to give chance again to buy low.

This was an interesting test that showed to amazement of some there are no huge sellers out there. What I would do I were that buyer, I'd just put smaller buy orders every now and then to catch the smaller fish. Of course takes patience and can be boring. Big guys have small fish that do this boring task for them.

That's a pointless test given the situation.

Firstly, there are not enough people with 500k+ shares, or even 50k+ shares to sell out that quickly

Secondly, given the uncertainty, it would have been obvious as soon as a buy order that big is placed the market would shoot up almost immediately

Why wouldn't they just save the hassle and get a cheaper price by buying the shares off exchange?

Also, if they were buying they would only be doing it on insider information, so why would they stop on a sunday evening right before the week starts and business starts moving again? Potentially losing out on there advantage as more information comes to light?

Why wouldn't they just do thre obvious thing and do what either i have suggested iabove or you have suggested with the slow orders?

It's a pretty idea but it doesn't fit at all with the situation, anyone with that sort of funds trying to do what you are saying could have done it many other ways in allot better fashion

It doesn't make sense.

Yet, a pump and dump makes perfect sense and falls perfectly inline with what we saw.

I'm out. You seem like a nice and smart guy, but I think your looking far too much into this to get the outcome you want.
Luttinen

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:06:32 AM

You know what they say... "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail".

As I've said earlier price started at 0.0001 when stock got re-listed and moved up to triple the value even before this wall.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:14:45 AM

You know what they say... "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail".

As I've said earlier price started at 0.0001 when stock got re-listed and moved up to triple the value even before this wall.

Look, we're not going to agree. I have no ulterior motives as I don't own the stock. I'm just saying, what you are suggesting doesn't fit the situation at all. But it looked like a classic pump and dump, they even split out the buy walls out at the same price to make it look like there is more support. Why would you do this if you weren't trying to hike the price up?
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:20:09 AM

Here in Brazil we had a Bitcoin Ponzi (BitcoinRain) that ate some 15,000 BTC from clients.  It wasn't on Bloomberg either...

Good point, have to agree with you there.  Although, I wouldn't put NEOBEE in the category of ponzi scheme just yet.  Calmer heads will let the tape play out and see what unfolds.  If it does end up being one giant scam, my hats off to whoever dreamt it up…  I mean, wow

I did not mean to imply that Neo&Bee was a Ponzi or other scam. I was just pointing out that 12,000 BTC is small in the scale of bitcoin scams/thefts/failures.

From what I have seen so far, I believe N&B was basically a bad business plan, badly executed.  That is, I think that Mr. Brewster really believed that it would succeed.

On the otehr hand, the IPO already had some questionable features (investor rights, trading venue, prospectus, ...).  And foul play often kicks in when businesses start to fail...

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:18:34 AM

Did danny really buy a bently?

That would really add to the value of the company when everything is liquidated.
DeadwoodDan

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 03:22:47 AM

Did danny really buy a bently?

Yes, and it came from the factory with Ukyo prestuffed in the trunk!

To this day, nobody knows what he did with the corpse

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
A tool for raising the value of any crypto currency
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:25:10 PM

Next support:
2000    @ ฿0.00014420
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:41:40 PM

And it's gone.
Next support:
15000    @ ฿0.00006300   
Stelios

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:17:26 PM

Quick question to my friends that live in Cyprus, does anyone know if this is out on Cypriot press (I guess it is) and if so how big it got?
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:18:38 PM

there were some links from a couple of papers, but it only made it to the websites, from what i saw, not printed.
At least i havent seen anything

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
BCTCYPRUS

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:43:08 PM

FROM THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT AND STAFF OF NEO AND BEE WE WISH OUR CEO DANNY BREWSTER HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY HAPPY RETURN OF THE
dirt

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:48:37 PM

+1

No, you don't get it.

What just happened was obvious, I've seen it hundreds of times, your just trying to manipulate it to fill your own agenda..

I'm ending this, it's clear we are not going to agree

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 05:53:05 PM

Happy birthday Danny may you blessed many times

bite111

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:59:17 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:41:16 AM by bite111

Smiley

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 06:03:45 PM

May all felons and prisoners give Danny a birthday penetration

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: