Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread)  (Read 261862 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nebur

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:00:10 PM

There still are people who believe Mr Brewster is looking for investors? I think it's time to face the truth: we have been scammed (again). I'm sure he started the company with good intentions, but it probably got too big for him.

Even if it isn't a scam, the lack of good communication (especially during this month) isn't a good sign...
NanoAkron

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:15:13 PM

I agree things look dire. My one hope is that he realised he wasn't capable of being a CEO for a company with these goals and that he is actually looking for a replacement.

It's a long shot, but that's all I've got left.
bite111

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:34:01 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:37:31 AM by bite111

It is.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:38:12 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 03:51:38 PM by Justin00

what i dont get is... for ukyo for e.g he kept saying (it was the same thing almost word for word each time) something along the lines of
'we are working with ukyo and will have an update very very soon and will use ou funds to help and blah blah'
for months he basically copy/replaced that same thing..

anyways so i thought i read he loaned ukyo 1300 btc.. but if that happened how come ukyo still didnt have enough to pay ppl back ?
and why would they loan ukyo if they also lost money to ukyo/weex ?

I'll be honest i dont follow the scammer.. err security sections that much, its to hard to keep track and i dont invest in any of this crap... so its possible i am just mis reading or not up to date.. but i have been curious about all that recently ??

why the hell would he help ukyo if ukyo owed him money ?

he said the same 'we are working with xx/yy/blahblah to help resolve there situation' line for other scammers... another wtf... i have.. wtf would they be so eager to help scammers resolve there financial difficulties ? they honestly believed they would be the hero and some how the scammer in each situation would repay them ? *edit* thinking about it somemore, i guess it creates the illusion they have heaps and heaps of btc to throw around to 'help' people.. ?

bite111

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:51:06 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:37:54 AM by bite111

Its closed
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:22:01 PM

It is Monday 3pm in Cyprus, a business day, correct?  Has anyone tried to call the central office, the store, or the "software company", to verify @CAFE_NEO's claims that they are all working normally?

Its deserted, closed and sealed for 2 weeks now. No asnwers to phones, websites down.

There was only a black cat left behind (cause Danny took the millions AND his dogs and ran), but the poor cat starved to death a couple of days ago.....

CAFE NEO must have been to the cafe nearby instead of Neo Bee offices.

He should have at least let the cat run outside and possibly survive.
Sad story just got worse...

NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

It is Monday 3pm in Cyprus, a business day, correct?  Has anyone tried to call the central office, the store, or the "software company", to verify @CAFE_NEO's claims that they are all working normally?

Its deserted, closed and sealed for 2 weeks now. No asnwers to phones, websites down.

There was only a black cat left behind (cause Danny took the millions AND his dogs and ran), but the poor cat starved to death a couple of days ago.....

Christ this is all ridiculous. We've got one person who said it was still open and promised to go to the offices today and send us pictures, and then we've got another person claiming a cat starved to death inside a sealed up building.

This is just bullshit. Give us some fucking evidence for ANY claims. Cat locked inside. Building open. Building sealed. Danny in Cyprus. Danny outside Cyprus. Police warrant for Danny. No police warrant for Danny.

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?
stompysteve

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:19:44 PM

Christ this is all ridiculous. We've got one person who said it was still open and promised to go to the offices today and send us pictures, and then we've got another person claiming a cat starved to death inside a sealed up building.

This is just bullshit. Give us some fucking evidence for ANY claims. Cat locked inside. Building open. Building sealed. Danny in Cyprus. Danny outside Cyprus. Police warrant for Danny. No police warrant for Danny.

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

Neobee is actually a BTC blackhole
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:19:16 PM

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

If this was a phil. 101 class, I would agree with you.  Kierkegaard's critique of Descartes' "cognito ergo sum" always seemed self-evident to me, and I always dismissed Radical Sceptics as "those gullible boobs."  We are unjustified in assuming that the gravity would splatter us on the sidewalk after we step out of a tenth-story window.  We are presupposing a whole pile of crap, and have absolutely no evidence that couldn't be picked apart by a clever ten-year-old with a metaphysical bend.  And yet...

*But I'm willing to concede that the dead cat is just an ugly flourish, added for effect.  'Coz I like cats.
okaynow

Activity: 546

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:10:46 PM

@nanoakron there isn't any evidence outside these forums. Dont let the trolls get to you.
It's all speculation and massive manipulation.

If there was an actual warrant to begin with, media in cyprus would have at least *one* judicial or cy police formal statement.
Only things that circulate cy news though, are refined reposts and speculation coming out of these boards, that serve as "inside information" to the ones doing the reporting.

Cyprus might seem like a stereotypical joke to the basement dwelling nerds, but it is a country where the IRS officials actually make ministers get out of their car and impound it, live on tv. A CYFinCen officer can go a long way in this small country.

We would have seen them announcing such an accusation or a warrant of the magnitude the trolls are asking for.
We would see "experts" on the news at 20:00 explaining what happened. Bu we didn't.
We would definitely see the customers, there are hound dogs in the CY media for things like massive economic frauds.

The fact that they (CY authorities) have neither announced, nor produced any official paperwork to the relevant .gov sites
is (to my limited view and understanding) indicating two things:
i) they will take their time to learn about btc in general, see how they can officially work with it, classify it and treat it,
something that takes time as a task itself, and thus it will force them to make a case later, if at all
or
ii) they dismiss btc and the only thing claimed stolen is "monopoly money"

EDIT: all of the above obviously apply only in the case that there is a formal complaint and that there is something wrong to begin with.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:33:22 PM

Lol, Danny is a run-of-the-mill crook, a notch above pickpocket.
He didn't pull off some magnificent heist, it's surprising he got as much coverage as he did.

That's what a Google News search using "neo bee" spits out.  Every press outlet is in on this conspiracy Angry
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:45:39 PM

He didn't pull off some magnificent heist, it's surprising he got as much coverage as he did.
Doesn't take much of a crook to grab lots of bitcoins in Bitcoinland. Sad
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:46:44 PM

Are you being serious?

He ran away a week before everyone else left the offices. He was not the last one in the building. If there is a dead cat the last people out of the building are responsible and that was 100% not Danny Brewster.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:00:56 PM

^And even if Danny is responsible, the cat was a Keynesian -- he deserved it Angry
MonkeyBear68

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:09:16 PM

Seems like most of the inspiring young entrepreneurs that are starting Bitcoin related businesses are mostly douche bags either involved with some criminal element or wanting to scam people. These "free-spirits on other peoples money" need to spend some time in the clink to protect society. A few years spent breaking big rocks into little rocks might give them an appreciation for what it means to have to "earn" money and not scam others!!

Charlie Shrem has been formally indicted; his buddy Mark Karpeles, can join him once found. I suspect that Danny-boy will soon have a European wide arrest warrant for him.

I am still a firm believer in Bitcoin itself, but the daily news about all these scams is NOT good. Of course scammers also exist in the traditional banking system (EG. Madoff), but it is somewhat disheartening when some of the biggest names in Bitcoin turn out themselves to be scammers. They are essentially scamming the people (the 99%) that Bitcoin was meant to help.
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:43:35 AM

That's what a Google News search using "neo bee" spits out.  Every press outlet is in on this conspiracy Angry
more detail needs.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:41:36 AM

Are you being serious?

I was responding to a post that said he took the dog(s) and left the cat behind.
Yes, I was serious....Obviously, somebody should have treated the cat better.

Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:32:53 AM

Post by Danny on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/232v5n/the_full_picture_from_danny_brewster/
Due to the sheer amount of misinformation surrounding myself and current events, I thought it necessary to post something. This is going against all advice that I have received on the matter.

The fraud charges are of my greatest concern right now, they are baffling to me and here is why:

I sold several people bitcoins for cash, most of which had them sent directly to their own wallets or exchange accounts prior to Neo and Bee becoming open to the public. There were 4 people however that requested for me to hold them until they provided me with an address to send them. Two people that bought on November 20th 2013, One Person that bought from me twice once on the 2nd December 2013 and the 20th December 2013 and one person who bought from me on the 24th December 2013. There was a 5th person I was holding Bitcoin for however following a change in their personal circumstances I bought the bitcoins back from them.

Sorry to disappoint those that believe the tales that I simply took them.... The keys are still stored on paper. The total sales to these 4 people amounts to 75.29270138 BTC which were purchased for a combined total of €35213.57 so I have no idea where the values reported in the media have been derived from.

I have not received one single request from the individuals who bought the bitcoins from me to send the coins to an address they provided. With one exception a request was made but that was received from the individual that introduced one of the buyers to me, they requested for me to transfer the coins to his Bitstamp account. I didn't send the coins to his address as he was not the person that I had the agreement with. One of these people went directly to the police following rumors that I had fled the country.

Here is a message to the Criminal Investigation Department of the Cypriot Police:

ANSWER YOUR PHONE or CHECK YOUR EMAILS!!!!

I have been trying for days to contact them to resolve this situation. The whole thing could be cleared up in a matter of days, because as of right now their case is based on rumors of me fleeing Cyprus which is complete garbage. I still have a house full of my own belongings, assets, family, friends and most importantly my daughter in Cyprus.

I have provided my contact information via email to the police and to third parties such as the reporter from the Cyprus Mail and one of the people who bought bitcoins from me. If they do not contact me to arrange a solution, then I assume my greatest fears are true that they are doing nothing more than trying to set me up on charges to discredit both myself and Bitcoin as a whole, whilst creating more fear about challenging the status-quo.

The are three reasons for me not returning to Cyprus immediately following the issuance of a warrant and those are;

I have a family funeral to attend.
    The whole situation can be resolved without me doing so.
    The manner in which the investigations are being carried out are concerning, the police haven't made an attempt to contact me despite numerous personal requests for them to do so.

The only solution to the problem is for the individuals to provide me with their addresses through the police so I can arrange for the bitcoins to be sent to them. Without those peoples addresses I can do nothing but maintain the original written agreements.

I have also instructed a lawyer in Cyprus to make direct contact with the police to try and put a resolution in place so this can be concluded quickly so that I can continue working with the business recovery and sales agents to resolve everything surrounding Neo & Bee.

The police have been making a concerted effort to locate my assets in Cyprus, which doesn't seem the most logical way of handling such a case, surely they should be trying to contact me to get the full picture and not issuing warrants based on hearsay.

The only question I want to ask the Cypriot police is;

If I buy some building supplies and agree to provide a delivery address at a later date, but never do provide an address. Has the seller committed fraud if he still holds the supplies for me?

To clear a few things up surrounding Neo & Bee, yes there are creditors to the business and I have not ran with any coins, we had made payments in excess of €1.4m with many of the coins being converted to Euros before the run up in price, the largest amount converted at once was the day Silkroad was busted, I had to take the decision on that given day to convert them or risk them becoming pretty worthless and the business not getting off the ground. The outstanding funds from BitFunder/WeExchange are valued at this moment around €500,000. The coins of my own I have on MtGox would have covered all creditors with a claim against the business in full. Had I wanted to run off with coins, it would have been better to do so before spending all of them and the remainder of my own coins on the business.

Questions have been raised about my own personal assets too, something I shouldn't have to answer about but yes, I bought a Bentley back in December, before any issues with MtGox and getting bitcoins out. Anyone that understands the price difference in cars between Cyprus and the UK they will understand exactly why I sold my own bitcoins to buy the car. The car is still in Cyprus, it hasn't been shipped anywhere and my original plan was to sell it after the summer and make a nice profit, which would have been reinvested into Bitcoin or the business. When it is possible for me to do so, I still plan on selling the car to put the money towards satisfying creditors.

To this end I am concentrating first and foremost on resolving the issues with Cypriot police including my planned return to Cyprus. Only then I will concentrate all of my time on resolving everything surrounding Neo and Bee.

Regards,

Danny Brewster

(I have no shares or other financial interest in Neo&Bee, I just saw the Reddit post and decided to let you folks in here know)
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 09:40:08 AM

Post by Danny on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/232v5n/the_full_picture_from_danny_brewster/
Due to the sheer amount of misinformation surrounding myself and current events, I thought it necessary to post something. This is going against all advice that I have received on the matter.

The fraud charges are of my greatest concern right now, they are baffling to me and here is why:

I sold several people bitcoins for cash, most of which had them sent directly to their own wallets or exchange accounts prior to Neo and Bee becoming open to the public. There were 4 people however that requested for me to hold them until they provided me with an address to send them. Two people that bought on November 20th 2013, One Person that bought from me twice once on the 2nd December 2013 and the 20th December 2013 and one person who bought from me on the 24th December 2013. There was a 5th person I was holding Bitcoin for however following a change in their personal circumstances I bought the bitcoins back from them.

Sorry to disappoint those that believe the tales that I simply took them.... The keys are still stored on paper. The total sales to these 4 people amounts to 75.29270138 BTC which were purchased for a combined total of €35213.57 so I have no idea where the values reported in the media have been derived from.

I have not received one single request from the individuals who bought the bitcoins from me to send the coins to an address they provided. With one exception a request was made but that was received from the individual that introduced one of the buyers to me, they requested for me to transfer the coins to his Bitstamp account. I didn't send the coins to his address as he was not the person that I had the agreement with. One of these people went directly to the police following rumors that I had fled the country.

Here is a message to the Criminal Investigation Department of the Cypriot Police:

ANSWER YOUR PHONE or CHECK YOUR EMAILS!!!!

I have been trying for days to contact them to resolve this situation. The whole thing could be cleared up in a matter of days, because as of right now their case is based on rumors of me fleeing Cyprus which is complete garbage. I still have a house full of my own belongings, assets, family, friends and most importantly my daughter in Cyprus.

I have provided my contact information via email to the police and to third parties such as the reporter from the Cyprus Mail and one of the people who bought bitcoins from me. If they do not contact me to arrange a solution, then I assume my greatest fears are true that they are doing nothing more than trying to set me up on charges to discredit both myself and Bitcoin as a whole, whilst creating more fear about challenging the status-quo.

The are three reasons for me not returning to Cyprus immediately following the issuance of a warrant and those are;

I have a family funeral to attend.
    The whole situation can be resolved without me doing so.
    The manner in which the investigations are being carried out are concerning, the police haven't made an attempt to contact me despite numerous personal requests for them to do so.

The only solution to the problem is for the individuals to provide me with their addresses through the police so I can arrange for the bitcoins to be sent to them. Without those peoples addresses I can do nothing but maintain the original written agreements.

I have also instructed a lawyer in Cyprus to make direct contact with the police to try and put a resolution in place so this can be concluded quickly so that I can continue working with the business recovery and sales agents to resolve everything surrounding Neo & Bee.

The police have been making a concerted effort to locate my assets in Cyprus, which doesn't seem the most logical way of handling such a case, surely they should be trying to contact me to get the full picture and not issuing warrants based on hearsay.

The only question I want to ask the Cypriot police is;

If I buy some building supplies and agree to provide a delivery address at a later date, but never do provide an address. Has the seller committed fraud if he still holds the supplies for me?

To clear a few things up surrounding Neo & Bee, yes there are creditors to the business and I have not ran with any coins, we had made payments in excess of €1.4m with many of the coins being converted to Euros before the run up in price, the largest amount converted at once was the day Silkroad was busted, I had to take the decision on that given day to convert them or risk them becoming pretty worthless and the business not getting off the ground. The outstanding funds from BitFunder/WeExchange are valued at this moment around €500,000. The coins of my own I have on MtGox would have covered all creditors with a claim against the business in full. Had I wanted to run off with coins, it would have been better to do so before spending all of them and the remainder of my own coins on the business.

Questions have been raised about my own personal assets too, something I shouldn't have to answer about but yes, I bought a Bentley back in December, before any issues with MtGox and getting bitcoins out. Anyone that understands the price difference in cars between Cyprus and the UK they will understand exactly why I sold my own bitcoins to buy the car. The car is still in Cyprus, it hasn't been shipped anywhere and my original plan was to sell it after the summer and make a nice profit, which would have been reinvested into Bitcoin or the business. When it is possible for me to do so, I still plan on selling the car to put the money towards satisfying creditors.

To this end I am concentrating first and foremost on resolving the issues with Cypriot police including my planned return to Cyprus. Only then I will concentrate all of my time on resolving everything surrounding Neo and Bee.

Regards,

Danny Brewster

(I have no shares or other financial interest in Neo&Bee, I just saw the Reddit post and decided to let you folks in here know)

I won't believe this shit unless there's ANY proof he can provide.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:55:21 AM

I won't believe this shit unless there's ANY proof he can provide.
Indeed.  He needs to lawyer up and get himself back to Cyprus.  Family funeral or not.  This is the post of a man a million miles aways from ever running a successful Bitcoin bank.  Poorly conceived and poorly drafted.  It will be a tragedy if the remaining value in the brand and opportunity are lost -- which seems inevitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: