Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:13:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125776 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:17:23 PM

Has the traffic gone down on leaserigs.com? I've noticed a substantial reduction in rents. Before you say it... yes I'm competitive on price.

Is leaserigs promoting the service at all? I know there are other services, but I feel like this one has the best technology, so want to hang out here and not jump ship.

The new referral program and several press releases will be coming out soon.

After the initial security roll-outs are complete.

grippy54

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:44:46 PM

Has the traffic gone down on leaserigs.com? I've noticed a substantial reduction in rents. Before you say it... yes I'm competitive on price.

Is leaserigs promoting the service at all? I know there are other services, but I feel like this one has the best technology, so want to hang out here and not jump ship.

The new referral program and several press releases will be coming out soon.

After the initial security roll-outs are complete.
That's good to hear. Thanks.
rorbit

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:48:58 AM

Hi,

what's the best way to start LeaseRigProxy after a reboot?

I added the following line to /etc/crontab:

@reboot         root    /root/LeaseRigProxy/leaserigproxy_bamt 3333 ***LRP ID*** 0 >> /home/user/LeaseRigProxy.log

However, last night LeaseRigProxy got stuck in a loop and I ended up with a 450Mb text file log filled with this:

WARNING: Hostname ***pool***.com resolved to zero!
--127.0.0.1:60171->connecting to pool ***pool***.com
--127.0.0.1:60172->rig connected
--127.0.0.1:60172->connecting to pool ***pool***.com
--127.0.0.1:60173->rig connected
--127.0.0.1:60173->connecting to pool ***pool***.com
--127.0.0.1:60174->rig connected

cgminer was running without any errors just no hashing. 

It didn't even go to the secondary pool.  Seems a bit flaky.

The pool works fine when I add it directly to cgminer.conf and bypass the proxy.

I'm running Litecoin BAMT 1.4.

Thanks.

Bump.

Has nobody had similar problems?
hutnik

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:50:44 AM

To me looks like LR is no longer showing time as in CET timezone. Why is that? I almost shortened lease on one of my rigs because 24h lease looked like 26h.

salsamoves

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:50:56 PM

it's not good that we need to enter password and captcha everytime when open this page, it has not been before. Passwords are unusually long, and captcha is quite difficult. Cant you make this login system like it was before?

You mean can we make our site use a plain-text cookie to store a password and username which gives access to a bitcoin wallet and stays logged on indefinitely?

We could.  If customers and providers really wanted that.

The second security release is almost complete which will do away with the annoying captchas in favor of longer session times and 2FA.

can we have 2fa as optional? I am sure we understand the risks but sometimes it just takes too long to fiddle about. Its different if we have a wallet with money in it, but as a provider, its a one way ticket, and if anyone else wants to send money to me, they are welcome...... Smiley
hutnik

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:17:38 PM

maybe use only 2FA for important things, like changing payout address for provider, or unlock rig hiring for next x minutes upon succesfull 2FA authorization...

as4uz

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:49:03 PM

The problem is still there (seems that you uploaded back that file), I can fix it for you,I didn't receive any bounty yet.
DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:25:06 PM

Did you already open a support ticket?

Just in case you missed it, lots of people DON'T LIKE the way sessions are expiring continuously. If that's deliberate, please don't. If it's accidental, please fix.  

Agreed! So irritating. That said, the captcha seems to be working correctly again, so that's something.

To me looks like LR is no longer showing time as in CET timezone. Why is that? I almost shortened lease on one of my rigs because 24h lease looked like 26h.

It's showing in UTC, as it always should have been. A better system would be to have the time localized. CET is PITA to try to convert for anyone not in Europe. It was just not worth complaining about in the past.  

You mean can we make our site use a plain-text cookie to store a password and username which gives access to a bitcoin wallet and stays logged on indefinitely?

We could.  If customers and providers really wanted that.

The second security release is almost complete which will do away with the annoying captchas in favor of longer session times and 2FA.

Yes, I mean: 'Can you make your site use a plain-text cookie to store password and username, and stay logged in indefinitely?'. E.g. Coinbase never logs me out, Cryptsy logs me out twice a day. Cryptsy=annoying, Coinbase=not.

Reserve 2FA for any transactions would could be deemed harmful. From a provider's perspective lowering prices and changing pools are about it. Create a set of trusted pools which require 2FA to change, and email notifications for any price or pool changes. The worst that could happen is someone could try to lower your prices, then rent your rigs for nothing. You would get emails about all of that and be able to terminate the lease immediately. Security can be further improved by logging IPs to transaction records and displaying them in the history.

Official request:

Customer POOL HISTORY! Today is the third day in a row someone has rented from me with problems. I got a PM from a customer this morning that my rigs were down, but they weren't, and 3 minutes later everything was okay. I have no idea what the problem was because I have no way to tell from the graph if the pool was bad or the rigs weren't responding. LRP is capable of telling the difference between no/bad pool authorization and rigs disconnecting or down. The graph should indicate with different highlighting which is which. A list of all the pools with user/pass that the customer has tried to connect with (stored for current renting session only) would be extremely useful in further narrowing down configuration problems vs provider problems. I don't mind extending leases due to equipment or network malfunctions, but I would like to be confident of the problem before I make that choice.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 04:55:08 PM

Official request:

Customer POOL HISTORY! Today is the third day in a row someone has rented from me with problems. I got a PM from a customer this morning that my rigs were down, but they weren't, and 3 minutes later everything was okay. I have no idea what the problem was because I have no way to tell from the graph if the pool was bad or the rigs weren't responding. LRP is capable of telling the difference between no/bad pool authorization and rigs disconnecting or down. The graph should indicate with different highlighting which is which. A list of all the pools with user/pass that the customer has tried to connect with (stored for current renting session only) would be extremely useful in further narrowing down configuration problems vs provider problems. I don't mind extending leases due to equipment or network malfunctions, but I would like to be confident of the problem before I make that choice.

As leaserig is no longer intricately and exclusively linked to this forum we have to centralize feature requests.   Leaserig.freshdesk.com 

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 04:56:05 PM

it's not good that we need to enter password and captcha everytime when open this page, it has not been before. Passwords are unusually long, and captcha is quite difficult. Cant you make this login system like it was before?

can we have 2fa as optional? I am sure we understand the risks but sometimes it just takes too long to fiddle about. Its different if we have a wallet with money in it, but as a provider, its a one way ticket, and if anyone else wants to send money to me, they are welcome...... Smiley

After the next roll-out: http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000041161  You will find that providers will either lose all access to their accounts or have an online wallet.

Depending on whether everyone read the big red letters:

All provider/admin accounts are required to have a customer account using the same email address as their provider account!  Any provider accounts with no email or without a matching customer account WILL LOSE ACCESS TO THE PROVIDER PAGE AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO REJOIN THE SITE INCLUDING VERIFICATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 04:58:38 PM

Yes, I mean: 'Can you make your site use a plain-text cookie to store password and username, and stay logged in indefinitely?'. E.g. Coinbase never logs me out, Cryptsy logs me out twice a day. Cryptsy=annoying, Coinbase=not.

Reserve 2FA for any transactions would could be deemed harmful. From a provider's perspective lowering prices and changing pools are about it. Create a set of trusted pools which require 2FA to change, and email notifications for any price or pool changes. The worst that could happen is someone could try to lower your prices, then rent your rigs for nothing. You would get emails about all of that and be able to terminate the lease immediately. Security can be further improved by logging IPs to transaction records and displaying them in the history.

How do you get Coinbase to keep you logged in for more than 10 minutes?  I cannot get either of those sites to stay authenticated.

Yes, I mean: 'Can you make your site use a plain-text cookie to store password and username, and stay logged in indefinitely?'.   Grin  I'll send you the liability waiver.

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:54:21 PM

After the next roll-out: http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000041161  You will find that providers will either lose all access to their accounts or have an online wallet.

Depending on whether everyone read the big red letters:

All provider/admin accounts are required to have a customer account using the same email address as their provider account!  Any provider accounts with no email or without a matching customer account WILL LOSE ACCESS TO THE PROVIDER PAGE AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO REJOIN THE SITE INCLUDING VERIFICATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT

Well it would maybe help if you explained how we link the two?
When I initially got the provider account setup, there was no mention of email address.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 06:16:32 PM

Well it would maybe help if you explained how we link the two?
When I initially got the provider account setup, there was no mention of email address.

Providers only!  If you only Hire rigs from lease rig this does not apply to you!

Providers must login and enter their email address here:

If you do not have a customer account or your customer account is under a different email please create a new customer account using the same email as your provider/admin account.

If you already have a customer account please verify your provider account and customer account list the same email address.

If you do not have an email address listed in your provider account (All 50 of you) please enter an email.

Again if you do not have a customer and provider account under the same email address: YOU WILL LOSE ACCESS TO THE PROVIDER PAGE AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO REJOIN THE SITE INCLUDING VERIFICATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT

Providers only!  If you only Hire rigs from lease rig this does not apply to you!

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:13:19 PM

Ahha.. Thanks for that.
Would be a good idea to update the http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000041161 post with that info
gsupp

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:45:39 PM

So where did the "Administration" link go for providers?

If I click on a rig to edit details, there's no way to get back to the admin page without clicking the back button on my browser a bunch of times.

Also the frequent session expiration and captcha are really making the site difficult to use.
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:59:37 PM

If I click on a rig to edit details, there's no way to get back to the admin page without clicking the back button on my browser a bunch of times.

Also the frequent session expiration and captcha are really making the site difficult to use.

'providers' link on the top right of the page. Wink

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:05:59 PM

Providers link at top right of page.
Also, i have been forced to use my last resort, which is to make Google Chrome remember the ridiculously long passwords.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:11:57 AM

Ahha.. Thanks for that.
Would be a good idea to update the http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000041161 post with that info

Done.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 03:35:03 AM

The problem is still there (seems that you uploaded back that file), I can fix it for you,I didn't receive any bounty yet.

PM'd

DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:42:17 AM

How do you get Coinbase to keep you logged in for more than 10 minutes?  I cannot get either of those sites to stay authenticated.

Yes, I mean: 'Can you make your site use a plain-text cookie to store password and username, and stay logged in indefinitely?'.   Grin  I'll send you the liability waiver.

I don't know. I haven't needed to log back in for at least 3 days so far. I usually just click over to another tab to refresh my balance a few times a day. The session seems to last at least until I restart my machine, and even then it carries over. I'm fine with it.

Cryptsy has a 2FA system with a time-out adjustment. I have my account set at 12 hours, so I usually have to relog once or twice a day. Not as bad as a bank, but still annoying considering it used to last a day before I enabled 2FA.

You could take the (marketing) approach of "We have banking grade security", but I rather think it doesn't need to be any more secure than a pool account. Rolling 24 hour auto-withdrawals will keep your BTC/DOGE balance low, and make you a less appealing target for a heist. Say something like UTC 00:00 + (Num of min = RIGID). For example: for 'RIGID=495' it would be UTC 00:00 + 495 minutes or UTC 08:15. That way, withdrawals aren't all going out at once, and everyone gets paid once a day. Not having 24hr withdrawals is why Hashcows became a target and Middlecoin did not. And fuck hashclowns anyway. They've had a small unexchanged balance for me for months!

My approach to security is to make it 'good enough' until there is a reason to make it more of a hassle. As long as your other practices makes you a less appealing target, like not holding onto balances longer than 24 hours, you shouldn't have any problems. 2FA sessions can be tied to IP addresses, right? Even if someone were able to access your current session key (due to compromised admin PC), they'd be trying to access it from a different IP, and require relogging. Even so, I'd still argue it the provider's fault for having a compromised PC, not leaserigs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: