Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125772 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 05:25:50 PM by Shuxy

Update: Rig owner has replied Smiley.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:20:28 PM

miaviator: I'd appreciate if you could process a refund. A rig I rented about 10 hours ago today never worked (was "Dead" and now it's not responding). I've submitted it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420386.msg6126786#msg6126786 and also a ticket here: http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/114. Earlier today I tried reaching out to you on Skype but never heard back, and the rig owner hasn't responded either. As such I believe I reserve the right to demand a full refund of 0.0977 (including 0.0002) BTC for the failed rental.  My BTC address is 1LKrKgdFU1WbGG5sk16SKViTHRBWVXhr1p.

Thank you.

Shuxy.  Constant battering of the provider, support, myself, and this thread will NOT change your situation.  Your provider is more than willing to be fair and work with you on the rental issue as all of our providers are.   I am uncertain what exactly you are looking for and why you are unwilling to work with the provider on this issue.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:24:03 PM

How do you get Coinbase to keep you logged in for more than 10 minutes?  I cannot get either of those sites to stay authenticated.

Yes, I mean: 'Can you make your site use a plain-text cookie to store password and username, and stay logged in indefinitely?'.   Grin  I'll send you the liability waiver.

I don't know. I haven't needed to log back in for at least 3 days so far. I usually just click over to another tab to refresh my balance a few times a day. The session seems to last at least until I restart my machine, and even then it carries over. I'm fine with it.

Cryptsy has a 2FA system with a time-out adjustment. I have my account set at 12 hours, so I usually have to relog once or twice a day. Not as bad as a bank, but still annoying considering it used to last a day before I enabled 2FA.

You could take the (marketing) approach of "We have banking grade security", but I rather think it doesn't need to be any more secure than a pool account. Rolling 24 hour auto-withdrawals will keep your BTC/DOGE balance low, and make you a less appealing target for a heist. Say something like UTC 00:00 + (Num of min = RIGID). For example: for 'RIGID=495' it would be UTC 00:00 + 495 minutes or UTC 08:15. That way, withdrawals aren't all going out at once, and everyone gets paid once a day. Not having 24hr withdrawals is why Hashcows became a target and Middlecoin did not. And fuck hashclowns anyway. They've had a small unexchanged balance for me for months!

My approach to security is to make it 'good enough' until there is a reason to make it more of a hassle. As long as your other practices makes you a less appealing target, like not holding onto balances longer than 24 hours, you shouldn't have any problems. 2FA sessions can be tied to IP addresses, right? Even if someone were able to access your current session key (due to compromised admin PC), they'd be trying to access it from a different IP, and require relogging. Even so, I'd still argue it the provider's fault for having a compromised PC, not leaserigs.

All good ideas.   The change to sessions and the upcoming changes are still needed regardless.  The former security system was not 'good enough' so we had to make some needed changes.  If you really need to stay logged in try using an auto-reload extension to refresh the page every few minutes Smiley

Shuxy

Activity: 217

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:31:53 PM

miaviator: I'd appreciate if you could process a refund. A rig I rented about 10 hours ago today never worked (was "Dead" and now it's not responding). I've submitted it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420386.msg6126786#msg6126786 and also a ticket here: http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/114. Earlier today I tried reaching out to you on Skype but never heard back, and the rig owner hasn't responded either. As such I believe I reserve the right to demand a full refund of 0.0977 (including 0.0002) BTC for the failed rental.  My BTC address is 1LKrKgdFU1WbGG5sk16SKViTHRBWVXhr1p.

Thank you.

Shuxy.  Constant battering of the provider, support, myself, and this thread will NOT change your situation.  Your provider is more than willing to be fair and work with you on the rental issue as all of our providers are.   I am uncertain what exactly you are looking for and why you are unwilling to work with the provider on this issue.

miaviator: I'm more than happy to work with the provider and have already responded in the other thread. With that said it was >11 hours and I didn't hear back from anyone, I understand your need for a 24 hour leeway, but it'd be good if you could also see things from my end. Also, I've provided additional information, the rig is reported as "Dead" on your site even though it's working according to the pool. To add on to the frustration, I found two miaviator on Skype, one which didn't reply and one who is likely a scam (I've since reported to Skype). There's nothing to be uncertain about, 24 hour may seem like a fair time given it's an international service, but most of the people I know lease rigs precisely because they spotted an opportunity. Perhaps you may also want to try and understand things from the customer's viewpoint before assuming I'm unwilling to work with the provider.
bitlynx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:34:50 PM

I am no longer accepting PM's for new provider requests or inquiries.

We have started with freshdesk for ticketing.  Please direct your inquiries to http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/

Ensure you use the same email for the ticket system as you have on file with leaserig!
You should really add a Support link to the "main menu" area of the site that links to FreshDesk as well as a Forum link that links to this thread.  As for CAPTCHA, 2-factor auth is definitely the preferred fix, with some decently long session (like 48 hours) - I'm looking forward to it coming out in the next update.

And, because you guys know which providers don't have matching customer accounts, you should consider e-mailing them directly.

+100 for the pending press releases! Smiley

We really, really need a built-in logging output for LRP.  And localized time zones.  And yes, I know - I've already FreshDesk'd both requests. Wink  By the way, http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/1000108903 is supposedly the Bug and Feature Bounty section, but seems to be unused, so I submitted my suggestion as tickets.  Was that the right approach?

escobol

Activity: 154
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

miaviator could you please check my pm ?
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:38:29 PM

I am no longer accepting PM's for new provider requests or inquiries.

We have started with freshdesk for ticketing.  Please direct your inquiries to http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/

Ensure you use the same email for the ticket system as you have on file with leaserig!
You should really add a Support link to the "main menu" area of the site that links to FreshDesk as well as a Forum link that links to this thread.  As for CAPTCHA, 2-factor auth is definitely the preferred fix, with some decently long session (like 48 hours) - I'm looking forward to it coming out in the next update.

And, because you guys know which providers don't have matching customer accounts, you should consider e-mailing them directly.

+100 for the pending press releases! Smiley

We really, really need a built-in logging output for LRP.  And localized time zones.  And yes, I know - I've already FreshDesk'd both requests. Wink  By the way, http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/1000108903 is supposedly the Bug and Feature Bounty section, but seems to be unused, so I submitted my suggestion as tickets.  Was that the right approach?
The FAQ link has been replaced with a support link that leads to freshdesk in the pending release

All providers were emailed and PM'd about the upcoming provider login change  The thread spamming is to make sure the point gets across Smiley

Tickets are the correct approach.  The articles on bounties/feature requests/etc.  have not yet been published.

It looks like DjeZo had the 1 character leeway disabled for the captcha system which is most likely the reason for all the captcha issues we've been having.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:47:33 PM

I should likely big bold letter this.

Any providers who have not used the logout button or deleted their cookies is at risk of having their account compromised since the old site design used plain text usernames and passwords in the cookie file.

Users are at risk of having their old useless passwords compromised.  Probably still a good idea to logout or delete cookies.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 08:19:49 PM

miaviator could you please check my pm ?

That PM was buried back a few pages. 

railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:21:36 PM

Any providers who have not used the logout button or deleted their cookies is at risk of having their account compromised since the old site design used plain text usernames and passwords in the cookie file.

Users are at risk of having their old useless passwords compromised.  Probably still a good idea to logout or delete cookies.

oic

so ... log out and delete cookies.

ok

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 09:23:08 PM

oic

so ... log out and delete cookies.

ok

The logout function deletes the cookie.  I've asked for logins to delete the cookie as well.

Clearly we don't like cookies Smiley

But I like cookies......     

railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:25:37 PM

yes but encrypted ones not plain text yuk. also choc, coconut, hazlenut...

tl;dr ... log out

elwan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:07:21 AM

thanks for me make lose bitcoins with your rings Smiley

lease price are so high and no one will make a penny with this service i'm -75% of my bitcoins really thanks
DarkKnight

Activity: 178

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:34:55 AM

thanks for me make lose bitcoins with your rings Smiley

lease price are so high and no one will make a penny with this service i'm -75% of my bitcoins really thanks

It's not a profit guaranteed service. Its a hashing rate guaranteed service. If you rent a car and drive it to 7-11 instead of your job, you will not make money, and still have spent your rental fee. It's not the rental company's fault you made a poor choice.

Lease prices are not high, they are half what they were when I started leasing my rig, and going down weekly it seems. If you think you can do better on your own, lay out the $5000 for a small hash rate setup and try to make that back.

If you want to make money using the service, it's not complicated. I've done it. Look for your opportunities, rent your hash power, sell your coins. If you fail at any of those, you will lose your money, and it's nobody's fault but your own.

Good luck google translating that.  Undecided
elwan

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:48:06 AM

you are right about rent and profit

but really compare the price with the profit now Huh

do you think 200GH will make 0.04800000 in a day ??

DarkKnight

Activity: 178

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:10:48 AM

All good ideas.   The change to sessions and the upcoming changes are still needed regardless.  The former security system was not 'good enough' so we had to make some needed changes.  If you really need to stay logged in try using an auto-reload extension to refresh the page every few minutes Smiley

Thank you. Feeling overwhelmed yet? You seem like you are getting mobbed here on a daily basis.

I've tried to explain this before to others, maybe you will understand. If I, as a provider, can just mine BTC or whatever, and make *more* coin than what you will pay me, why would I rent it to you? It's a hassle. I would do whatever makes me the most coin with the least amount of trouble.

In my case, I can actually make more coin doing the research myself, finding the right pools to mine on, and selling my coins at the right time. I'm pretty good at that, I have always been. It takes up a lot of time to make that happen though. Sometimes 6-8 hours a day, in addition to maintaining the equipment. I make less coin leasing it out to you, but it takes a lot less time, as I only need to make sure the equipment is running well, your pool settings are correct, and my prices are competitive. That still requires a few hours a day.

Sometimes profit isn't realized right away. Sometimes you need to mine the coins when the difficulty is low, hold onto your mined coins and sell them when the price is high. Your problem is your expectation that you will spend .01 BTC and make .012 BTC right away. It always doesn't work that way.

Look at it like this: Lots and lots of people are renting out these miners every day. I have someone that rents out my miners for a full 24 hours at a time, a repeat customer no less. He mines to a private pool and based on the repeat business seems to both be happy with the service and making coin. What do they know that you don't? People continue to rent out hashing power every day for a reason.

I would suggest that you give my service a try, but you seem truly unhappy with everyone you have rented from. I'm not sure the problem is with the providers, and so I don't want the headache. Instead I will suggest that you consider just trading coins.
elwan

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:27:03 AM

Thank you. Feeling overwhelmed yet? You seem like you are getting mobbed here on a daily basis.

I've tried to explain this before to others, maybe you will understand. If I, as a provider, can just mine BTC or whatever, and make *more* coin than what you will pay me, why would I rent it to you? It's a hassle. I would do whatever makes me the most coin with the least amount of trouble.

In my case, I can actually make more coin doing the research myself, finding the right pools to mine on, and selling my coins at the right time. I'm pretty good at that, I have always been. It takes up a lot of time to make that happen though. Sometimes 6-8 hours a day, in addition to maintaining the equipment. I make less coin leasing it out to you, but it takes a lot less time, as I only need to make sure the equipment is running well, your pool settings are correct, and my prices are competitive. That still requires a few hours a day.

Sometimes profit isn't realized right away. Sometimes you need to mine the coins when the difficulty is low, hold onto your mined coins and sell them when the price is high. Your problem is your expectation that you will spend .01 BTC and make .012 BTC right away. It always doesn't work that way.

Look at it like this: Lots and lots of people are renting out these miners every day. I have someone that rents out my miners for a full 24 hours at a time, a repeat customer no less. He mines to a private pool and based on the repeat business seems to both be happy with the service and making coin. What do they know that you don't? People continue to rent out hashing power every day for a reason.

I would suggest that you give my service a try, but you seem truly unhappy with everyone you have rented from. I'm not sure the problem is with the providers, and so I don't want the headache. Instead I will suggest that you consider just trading coins.

you correct again i feel so shy but i learned from you  maybe my strategy wrong or i am mining in wrong pools i will do more research thank you for your reply's
mpdas108

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:53:48 AM

A thought I would just drop the info here - there seems to be a new service out: NiceHash.com ... it seem this service solves all issues with bad rigs, refunds, etc... I saw the announcement here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=562238.0

Doesn't seem beneficial for me as a rig provider.. I don't get to set my price there, only the renter does.. I don't like that.. also the quote on the page "only pay for accepted shares"... that is also a big down side for me.. as what if the renter mines at a shitty pool and there accepted shares are low.. that means I will get paid low for the renter choosing a shitty pool.. no thanks.. I would rather not give so many concessions to the renter.

I should be able to set my price, and the renter should be able to have a bid, just like what we have here in leaserig, also I should have the discretion on whether to refund the renter or not ( as I wont refund for his negligence ) , and the rental should be based upon hash power, not accepted shares..

Dophoeve

Activity: 182

To the MOOOON

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 10:48:19 AM

Hello!!

I would like to become a provider (20 MH/s).

Can anyone help me to submit somewhere, can not find it??

Greetz.

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:04:11 PM

Hello!!

I would like to become a provider (20 MH/s).

Can anyone help me to submit somewhere, can not find it??

Greetz.

Well, then you probably have searching problems.
http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000040604-how-to-apply-as-a-provider-to-rent-your-rigs-on
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: