Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:09:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125772 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 06:32:17 PM

I've got a client who rented my Scrypt rig 30 minutes ago. I just checked it, he has it connected to a Scrypt-Jane pool, and so is getting 100% rejects. I've sent him 2 emails, and am not getting a response.

Other providers: Any thoughts on what should I do?

I would just refund and move on. If the customer responds you can work it out later, e.g. offer a discounted rental, if the intent was indeed Scrypt.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:22:11 PM

He finally got back in touch with me almost 3 hours into the lease. He of course asked for a refund, and blamed my miners 'going offline' for his poor pool settings. I wish the graph would indicate the difference between dead pool time vs rig disconnects. Clients put in the wrong worker name or password, and the equipment gets blamed for the downtime. I pro-rated his refund 50% based on what I was paid. Refunds should be processed through leaserig, so at least he gets the 3% back on the refunded portion.

I feel bad for him, but I run these to make money, not as a charity service. He didn't know what he was doing and wasn't watching his email or the pool. That's not my fault, and I can't see me paying for it. I rented a tool from Sunbelt last week. Paid $40 for it for the day. If I was using it incorrectly and didn't get the job done, that's not their fault, and they wouldn't give me even a partial refund.  Undecided
botolo86

Activity: 200

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:11:45 PM

Because you believe a coin will rise in value, or because the pool has a 2x promotion, like ghash did a while ago.

I see! Thanks a lot for your answer!
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 10:55:04 PM

Can you please help me understand...if the price I get on leaserig is always going to be higher than the amount of coins I can mine with the leased equipment, why should I lease?

If the price you get on leaserig is higher than the amount of coins you can mine with leased equipment you shouldn't lease.

I do want to point out two things: The reason you see higher prices on leaserig is the reliability of the system and providers as well as the quick purchase and rehiring of lower priced miners.  IE if I lease a rig at .005B/mh/day it will likely never come up on the page if offer a 10% rehire discount.  They will likely just stay leased to the same person.

Most of our renters (Except leaserig staff who rent to test our providers and system) make more than they pay renting rigs and continue to rent because of this.

I think you will find the upcoming expansions to leaserigs will make it a far more valuable tool than anything else out there.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:20:17 AM

I've got a client who rented my Scrypt rig 30 minutes ago. I just checked it, he has it connected to a Scrypt-Jane pool, and so is getting 100% rejects. I've sent him 2 emails, and am not getting a response.

Other providers: Any thoughts on what should I do?

I've temporarily connected him to a multipool with his BTC refund address as the payout address, so at least he isn't just wasting his hashes.  Undecided

You should file a feature request or bug report in the helpdesk and specify that leases should be cancelled if a leasee tries to mine to a known incompatible pool.

XScrypt

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:04:25 AM

Can you please help me understand...if the price I get on leaserig is always going to be higher than the amount of coins I can mine with the leased equipment, why should I lease?

If the price you get on leaserig is higher than the amount of coins you can mine with leased equipment you shouldn't lease.

I do want to point out two things: The reason you see higher prices on leaserig is the reliability of the system and providers as well as the quick purchase and rehiring of lower priced miners.  IE if I lease a rig at .005B/mh/day it will likely never come up on the page if offer a 10% rehire discount.  They will likely just stay leased to the same person.

Most of our renters (Except leaserig staff who rent to test our providers and system) make more than they pay renting rigs and continue to rent because of this.

I think you will find the upcoming expansions to leaserigs will make it a far more valuable tool than anything else out there.

You're right. If the price were .005 then renters could make a small profit.

However, the stats page would lead me to seriously question the "most of our renters make money" claim. For example, today the trailing average all day has been hovering around .007 BTC/Mhs/day while the most profitable coins have been around .006 with a top ten average around the mid .005's. Adding in leasing fees and such make the gap bigger. Then there's the pool fees, withdrawal fees, etc. on top of that. The only way for a renter to profit would be to "mine and hold" hoping for the coin value to increase. But honestly, if that's their intention then buying the coins instead of mining them would be much more profitable since they wouldn't be sacrificing up to a third of their capital before getting their coins.

Don't get me wrong. I like the concept of renting rigs. I think it provides a much needed service. But so far I haven't seen any prices for leasing a rig that would profitable to the renter. Maybe I'm just catching the stats page at the wrong times of the day or something. Tongue

LTC- LKdDXfJbCqMHpqTZwhaMKRE51eA7PPsCYy
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:16:01 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 06:27:07 AM by kalus

just added a rig to the list, and it's working hard already!

how do i add additional rigs to the admin cpanel?  can i add hardware to a rig while it is being rented?

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
mpdas108

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:51:45 AM

However, the stats page would lead me to seriously question the "most of our renters make money" claim. For example, today the trailing average all day has been hovering around .007 BTC/Mhs/day while the most profitable coins have been around .006 with a top ten average around the mid .005's. Adding in leasing fees and such make the gap bigger. Then there's the pool fees, withdrawal fees, etc. on top of that. The only way for a renter to profit would be to "mine and hold" hoping for the coin value to increase. But honestly, if that's their intention then buying the coins instead of mining them would be much more profitable since they wouldn't be sacrificing up to a third of their capital before getting their coins.

Don't get me wrong. I like the concept of renting rigs. I think it provides a much needed service. But so far I haven't seen any prices for leasing a rig that would profitable to the renter. Maybe I'm just catching the stats page at the wrong times of the day or something. Tongue

Actually most of the mining that is done with the rigs here on LeaseRigs, are NOT for coins that are currently on an exchange. They are for brand new coins that have no exchange associated with them yet. So you cannot actually tell how much money you will make. But usually when you mine a brand new coin, you can acquire a lot, then when it hits the exchanges there is usually a big jump in price, in which you would sell those coins you have mined and make profit..

Very rarely have I ever seen people mine existing coins with my rigs, i.e. litecoin or any coins listed on coinwarz, etc.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 07:34:57 AM

I do want to point out two things: The reason you see higher prices on leaserig is the reliability of the system and providers as well as the quick purchase and rehiring of lower priced miners.  IE if I lease a rig at .005B/mh/day it will likely never come up on the page if offer a 10% rehire discount.  They will likely just stay leased to the same person.

The way I see it:

I (a provider) have certain resources, which include expensive equipment, power, cooling, knowledge to set it all up and keep it running.

I can use all that to mine on a multipool and get 0.005 on a good day. Or I can spend enormous amounts of time trying to figure out how to make maybe 0.007.

The buyer (renter) has knowledge and/or expectation of more profitable mining but lacks the aforementioned resources. Perhaps the renter lives in a place where equipment and/or power is more expensive, perhaps there is a short window of opportunity and it is not worth investing in their own equipment, perhaps the renter is smart and can outmaneuver gigahash pools with better mining/trading strategies - there could be many reasons why that would make sense and here's the best part: I don't have to care about that, just like the renter doesn't have to care about getting rid of 20kW of excess heat. I take care of equipment, renters take care of mining, perfect.

Supply and demand, division of labor, whatever you want to call it, it's just some basic free market principles at work here, and functioning quite well I think.
grippy54

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:15:13 PM

Supply and demand, division of labor, whatever you want to call it, it's just some basic free market principles at work here, and functioning quite well I think.
+1
BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:35:18 PM

miaviator - I am unable to login to the admin panel, either the wrong username or more often wrong captcha. Someone rented a rig I have not had enabled in weeks, not sure what is going on. Need to refund the user and disable the rig, unable to the the latter because of the login problems.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 05:41:59 PM

miaviator - I am unable to login to the admin panel, either the wrong username or more often wrong captcha. Someone rented a rig I have not had enabled in weeks, not sure what is going on. Need to refund the user and disable the rig, unable to the the latter because of the login problems.

Did you already open a support ticket?  Let me know if you haven't, also most providers find this FAQ article solves their login issues: http://leaserig.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/1000067702/folders/1000106844/articles/1000040606-cannot-log-in-after-the-site-maintenance-on

n00bminer

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:17:05 PM

Are we down?
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:21:36 PM

Are we down?

As it says, it is under maintenance. All rented rigs will continue hashing as normal.
tuner

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:10:20 PM

it's not good that we need to enter password and captcha everytime when open this page, it has not been before. Passwords are unusually long, and captcha is quite difficult. Cant you make this login system like it was before?
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:16:56 PM

it's not good that we need to enter password and captcha everytime when open this page, it has not been before. Passwords are unusually long, and captcha is quite difficult. Cant you make this login system like it was before?

+1
xrobau

Activity: 99

Open Source Developer, Hardware Supplier

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:49:53 PM

Did you already open a support ticket?

Just in case you missed it, lots of people DON'T LIKE the way sessions are expiring continuously. If that's deliberate, please don't. If it's accidental, please fix. 

grippy54

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:01:28 PM

Has the traffic gone down on leaserigs.com? I've noticed a substantial reduction in rents. Before you say it... yes I'm competitive on price.

Is leaserigs promoting the service at all? I know there are other services, but I feel like this one has the best technology, so want to hang out here and not jump ship.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:09:08 PM

It's pretty much just your algo that's quiet for now...

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:15:43 PM

You mean can we make our site use a plain-text cookie to store a password and username which gives access to a bitcoin wallet and stays logged on indefinitely?

We could.  If customers and providers really wanted that.

The second security release is almost complete which will do away with the annoying captchas in favor of longer session times and 2FA.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: