Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:59:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:10:32 PM

Destroy the coins. So question; coin cap is 100k (50k if all destroyed)? What's the PoS rate?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
utility44

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:00:13 PM

This final offering has attracted a lot of attention from many people (I have 2 pages of PM's to get through). So please be patient Smiley

I would also like to bring the following to everyone's attention:

There is still currently around 47,499.99997 XBC in the dev wallet. As a community, I want you all to decide on what happens to these funds. Some of you will trust me as nothing from the dev wallet has been sold (even when the price soared to around BTC parity) but I still need to gain trust from a lot of people. So I have a few suggestions (please let me know if you have any further ideas).

- We add these coins to the IPO
- We destroy these coins
- These coins are purely used for infrastructure and promotion (my personal favorite)
- We keep these coins in cold storage for when the community grows larger

As most of you are invested, I want to hear what you all think. I can even create a poll if preferred.

Here is a funny thing i found out about this XBC wallet.  Shocked  Check this out --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586077.0

Maybe it's based on that coin Smiley Who knows!

I'm already looking into a new customized wallet. Block-explorer first Smiley

Yes we are eating num nums..I invested half my btc portfolio in this coin and preying hard it gets me to go home and be with my family and by the sea..If it goes to the moon well then we can go to the moon with it via Virgin airlines..for now let it get me home lol if it goes up x 10.. Grin.. I got noq over 1.2k is that good or should I try to eat a few more by next week? Smiley

Replying to your PM soon Smiley

Looks like XBC is gonna sell out of this final IPO, poloniex is eating it up Smiley

The stake begins 30 days from launch, so it should be Monday or Tuesday. This is one of those rare opportunities where you can own 1% of the entire XBC supply for only 1 BTC. I purposely made the IPO as fair as I could by giving everyone the same opportunity that the initial investors had. With the stake beginning next week, this will be a good long-term hold for many.

So, whats the total amount of XBC from IPO 1 & 2?
kidyubyub

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

http://taas.fund

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:25:41 PM

Wallet sync issues?

██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████

T O K E N  -  A S  -  A  -  S E R V I C E

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
MOON_2000

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:36:23 PM

I like that you can already buy gold bullion with this coin.  I am going to try it to see how it works.
XBCplus (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:46:17 PM

UPDATE

My apologies everyone. I didn't realize how big this coin would get so quickly and I have full-time work commitments (I will be taking a break from work soon). The block explorer is taking a while because the person who I am discussing it with only replies once a day, this is out of my control. If anyone can get me someone to do a block explorer ASAP I will give the referee an XBC prize of 50 XBC (as long as I follow through with the recommended person). Because once I have done this, we can start working on the wallet overhaul and the website (which is basically done but very basic).

In regards to the rest of the coin supply, I thank you all for your input so far. I have carefully looked over everyone's suggestion in the thread and in my inbox. I have come to the following:

- 40,000 XBC goes into cold storage and is held by a publicly trustworthy forum member
- 7,499.99 XBC goes into promotional activites

I will be paying for the infrastructure out of the IPO funds. Otherwise, please let me know! Do you want another member to hold the funds? Have we kept enough for promotion? Do we want to use the XBC for something else other than promotion?

For example; I want to send qiwoman and poloniex some XBC for a giveway (between 0.5-1 XBC per person). This is only an early phase in our promotional efforts and we will be down 1,500 XBC (1,250 poloniex, 250 qiwoman).

What will happen next with all other coins? If I bought some coins, will it be destroyed? What happens after rename?

You will never lose your coins. Once we choose to rename the coin (it will be put to the community vote), a rebranding won't be too difficult. At the very worse (which is extremely unlikely), XBC will have a 1:1 trade-in value. But this won't be neccesary.

You've not explained how your wallet is so similar to the shit coin wallet...................
XBC is a clone from NVC but it uses the same wallet interface as SHT.

Destroy the coins. So question; coin cap is 100k (50k if all destroyed)? What's the PoS rate?
10% annually

Wallet sync issues?
Can we please get some more people mining XBC. Simply go to help>debug window>console> and type: setgenerate true
Would you all like a multipool? Someone messaged me offering.

So, whats the total amount of XBC from IPO 1 & 2?

Roughly 52,500 coins are in circulation. We are voting on what to do with the rest Smiley

I like that you can already buy gold bullion with this coin.  I am going to try it to see how it works.
You can buy silver, gold and platinum. Let me know how your experience goes. You can even visit the vault if you live in Singapore Smiley

XBCplus (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:48:45 PM

The trollbox in POLONIEX is on fire, many buying and many asking questions. We need to ramp up operations here and the DEV to come and be more active and let us know more what is going on. Many want to invest more but are asking questions I cannot answer. Smiley Even some of my friends have bought some.

Replying to all messages now. Fantastic work! It appears that the IPO is in its final stages.

I think I need a XBC committee!
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:56:47 PM

Thank you for your responses, somebody build a good block explorer, theres usually 20 ppl lined up to do these Smiley

I'll mine on my wallet for everyone's sake, guys and gals lets take XBC to the moon.
XBCplus (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:45:11 AM

Thank you for your responses, somebody build a good block explorer, theres usually 20 ppl lined up to do these Smiley

I'll mine on my wallet for everyone's sake, guys and gals lets take XBC to the moon.

Thank you for helping the network Smiley All XBC holders should help secure their investments.

I have updated the ANN thread with everything we are currently talking about. Including 50 XBC to anyone who can successfully refer a block explorer developer.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:54:08 AM

I am glad to be of service and willing to join the committee..
MY proposals so far..
1. DEV AND COMMITTEE members have skype meeting at least once - twice a week to brainstorm and develop ideas..
2. We put these to vote for membership.
3. Get block explorer and website developed asap...Lets try to find peeps as fast as we can for these jobs..
 Smiley
4. Once IPO ends let's do a weekly google hangout 1 hour for questions and answer session for newbies etc to learn about the coin.. Smiley
5. Secure a few more exchanges.
6. Develop whitepaper roadmap for infrastructure and development.
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:21:08 AM

Im in for the committe !! I can understand dev has a full time job because im in the same situation. It doesnt mean we dont need other people to help and respond newb questions about the coin. I can be one of them. Count me in if you need !

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:26:37 AM

Im in for the committe !! I can understand dev has a full time job because im in the same situation. It doesnt mean we dont need other people to help and respond newb questions about the coin. I can be one of them. Count me in if you need !

That would be awesome especially we all know each other from Trollbox. Another trollbox member wants to be on committee too.. Smiley
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:53:27 AM

My vote on the remaining coins..........

10,000 for promotional purposes and building infrastructure.  DESTROY THE REST. 

I don't like the idea of releasing these coins down the road at some point.  Us as investors could take a hit if that happens.  I also don't like the idea of the remaining coins being held by one person.  Trust has to be earned.
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:03:53 AM

I can do some side promoting as I said via pm for XBC, I highly recommend Seriouscoins and Qiwoman for the committee, you will need all the help you can get because seriously we could have something amazing here.

I'm 100% behind buying us onto mintpal, Serious is correct it would bring the masses here, we just need to get the necessities going ASAP, like the twitter/website/ Facebook . This week by Saturday all this could be done by a team, let's get to work ppl!
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154

Coinoholic

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:04:10 AM

10,000 for promotional purposes and building infrastructure.  DESTROY THE REST.  

I don't like the idea of releasing these coins down the road at some point.  Us as investors could take a hit if that happens.  I also don't like the idea of the remaining coins being held by one person.  Trust has to be earned.

+1000000

Please destroy the coins. Keep a chunk and when the blockchain explorer is live post the wallet link in the OP and detail exactly where it goes until its gone.

You can't possibly be thinking about holding a bag of over 40% of all coins. People are going to come in this thread and laugh themselves to death, calling this another aurora coin scam. If they are to remain in existence divvy them up between IPO investors based on how many coins we're holding. if you drop 40% more coins into the market, the price will go down 40% or more and hurt everyone. Even if you give the flash drive to the pope, nobody is going to like it. Trust me its been done and fails every time. Destroy them!

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
merk475

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:18:37 AM

10,000 for promotional purposes and building infrastructure.  DESTROY THE REST.  

I don't like the idea of releasing these coins down the road at some point.  Us as investors could take a hit if that happens.  I also don't like the idea of the remaining coins being held by one person.  Trust has to be earned.

+1000000

Please destroy the coins. Keep a chunk and when the blockchain explorer is live post the wallet link in the OP and detail exactly where it goes until its gone.

You can't possibly be thinking about holding a bag of over 40% of all coins. People are going to come in this thread and laugh themselves to death, calling this another aurora coin scam. If they are to remain in existence divvy them up between IPO investors based on how many coins we're holding. if you drop 40% more coins into the market, the price will go down 40% or more and hurt everyone. Even if you give the flash drive to the pope, nobody is going to like it. Trust me its been done and fails every time. Destroy them!

That's a good point.  Complete transparency with what happens with the remaining coins is of utmost importance.  I have seen on other coins where the devs don't release certain information about a premine, what % the devs own, etc., and it pisses a lot of people off.....and for good reason (sometimes ends in the demise of the coin).  The investors should have complete transparency.  It solidifies the quality of a coin and puts us at ease. 

Holding ~40% is a BAD idea as SeriousCions14 has stated. 
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:22:13 AM

100% agree with destruction of all but the coins needed to put us on mintpal, and promote/develop infrastructure.
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:35:40 AM

So are we killing the 50k pre-mined coins? If the dev does that, maybe we could pitch in so the dev can have 1BTC or so to buy some on the open exchange.
merk475

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:37:02 AM

Yeah....this coin has the potential to be a great coin (BIG TIME).  I don't normally invest this early in the process, but there are a lot of things I like about it.  If the total number of coins is cut back, that makes this coin even better IMO.

I don't know if the stake % is something that can be changed or is even up for discussion, but I think a 10% stake is too high.  I like the idea of a 3.5% stake, but I could be a minority here.

Anyway, like others here, I have decided to invest in XBC and have bought up a decent amount of coins over the last couple of days.  As I write this post the Poloniex IPO is down to about 21K coins left.    
SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:41:28 AM

So are we killing the 50k pre-mined coins? If the dev does that, maybe we could pitch in so the dev can have 1BTC or so to buy some on the open exchange.

Good idea, if dev destroys the coins I'm fine with him starting a contribution wallet for either XBC or BTC, I'd donate. He hasn't said for sure yet I'm just discussing the possibility and it seems consensus is to destroy them, which is my vote big time.

SeriousCoins14

Coinoholic

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:44:09 AM

Yeah....this coin has the potential to be a great coin (BIG TIME).  I don't normally invest this early in the process, but there are a lot of things I like about it.  If the total number of coins is cut back, that makes this coin even better IMO.

I don't know if the stake % is something that can be changed or is even up for discussion, but I think a 10% stake is too high.  I like the idea of a 3.5% stake, but I could be a minority here.

Anyway, like others here, I have decided to invest in XBC and have bought up a decent amount of coins over the last couple of days.  As I write this post the Poloniex IPO is down to about 21K coins left.    

Good point on the stakes, I'm guessing he went 10% because of the low amount of coins + giving people incentive to hold. I'm not really sure where the sweet spot would be, 3.5% sounds nice to me as well you're not a minority.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: