Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
gutz

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:16:06 AM

Sorry for barging in but have you guys considered expanding to multi-pow? ( myriad's style - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.0 / http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin )

Searched this thread , couldn't find any reference

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:30:17 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 10:45:19 AM by veertje

Sorry for barging in but have you guys considered expanding to multi-pow? ( myriad's style - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.0 / http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin )

Searched this thread , couldn't find any reference

mmmm... I see see also pow and 2,5 minutes blocktime and same blockreward of 1000. Maybe interesting to look at, but it seems that 5 algo's make it more difficult to control all of the different possibilities of mining. Maybe it'is ok, because it levels out over 5 algo's. Also 5 times faster blockfind on average? Or is the total blocktime still 2,5 minutes on average?  Advantage is that more dedicated miningpower will come in for NLG and scryptmining is still there. Also the same blockreward of 1000. Are there any statstics to see how stable the network is?

Specifications

Proof of Work:
Scrypt, SHA256D, Qubit, Skein or Myriad-Groestl
Block time: 2.5 minutes per algorithm (30 second average over 5 algos)
Each algorithm has separate difficulty
Initial block reward: 1000
Difficulty adjusts every block

How it works
Each proof of work algorithm has its own independent difficulty.
Any algorithm can find the next block.
All the algorithms use the same difficulty adjustment method.
On average, each algorithm has the same chance of finding the next block.
Each algorithm aims for a block generation time of 2.5 minutes.
Over the five algorithms, a block should be found on average every 30 seconds.
gutz

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:37:34 AM

Make sure to look at this as well  Wink
http://myriadplatform.org/multi-vpow/

As for your questions I can give you some uneducated answers , But I think you'd be best to talk to one of the devs ( you can just post your questions on reddit , it's active )

Stats : http://myriad.p2pool.geek.nz/home
*btw the network was "hit" by paycoin multipools in the last few days ( record hashrates on sha-256 ) , it held up great
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:47:12 AM

Make sure to look at this as well  Wink
http://myriadplatform.org/multi-vpow/

As for your questions I can give you some uneducated answers , But I think you'd be best to talk to one of the devs ( you can just post your questions on reddit , it's active )

Stats : http://myriad.p2pool.geek.nz/home

Thanks for posting. Maybe we can discuss this here. It can get a lot more dedicated miningpower in for NLG, I think.
gutz

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:47:50 AM

I'll refer the community to here

*Or I'll wait till there is more consensus
johndec2

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:49:00 AM

For crying out loud people. Focus on the main issue...  And that is replacing the current broken algo with one that keeps MPs at bay.  

It is currently a real struggle to convince those in charge to move from DGW3 to Digi.  It shouldn't be a struggle as just about anything would be preferable to what we have now, but it is a struggle.  They seem to be coming around but will it be before or after Terk kills the coin?  Time will tell.

So.......  Forget about cpu mining, multi pow mining, etc.  It ain't going to happen.  You are just polluting the thread with "fairies at the bottom of the garden" non-solutions.  NLG will be a scrypt coin for the foreseeable future.  It has built up a devoted base of scrypt miners like myself and a change would mean 99% of current miners would go elsewhere.  That would help the coin? NOT.  
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:53:16 AM

• NLG is maturing into the coin for micro-transactions(that is wallet to wallet, small, daily use currency)
  • reducing the block time to 75sec cuts transaction times by greater than 50%, speeding up transactions
  • reducing the block reward to 500NLG maintains the current number of NLG minted per 24hrs
  • increases the number of diff increments by 100% per 24hrs, from 576 to 1152
  • reduces the number of blocks a high-hash-rate attacking miner/multipool can mint by 80%
  • these changes support the community vision of NLG becoming a daily use currency
  • the only down side of this proposal is that the block chain storage requirement would double, but still be less than most alt-coins

If lower blocktimes makes it easier to better the algo, also has more benefits and blockreward is adjusted to the blocktime, it looks fine to me to do that. Total coins will stay the same, so defendable.

Blocktime has been lower at the start before and is now 2,5 minutes. Don't know why 2,5 minutes was choosen. Can the team say something about that? Maybe it's important in the discussion.

These are the things that the simulator should be used for first and should be examined at a later point in time. Good things could be implemented then, things that don't matter could be left out.

Insert Quote

What's with the push for change, people? Why the need to copy every other coin? At least explain it shortly why we should consider it.
gutz

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:03:41 AM

What's with the push for change, people? Why the need to copy every other coin? At least explain it shortly why we should consider it.

No push , I've been following the situation for quite some time now and it's about the third time I think about suggesting it ( always marked it as considered )
I'm a long time supporter of both coins - Just thought to "marry" them

I mined NLG when it was in the double digits difficulty for a brief time , The value grew strong but now I can't mine it - It's more profitable for me to buy at this point

What ever happens I just want this coin to survive for my next trip to NL so I can finally use some of my stash Cheesy
Best way for survival - Decentralisation and Cooperation
investeerder

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:04:22 AM

• NLG is maturing into the coin for micro-transactions(that is wallet to wallet, small, daily use currency)
  • reducing the block time to 75sec cuts transaction times by greater than 50%, speeding up transactions
  • reducing the block reward to 500NLG maintains the current number of NLG minted per 24hrs
  • increases the number of diff increments by 100% per 24hrs, from 576 to 1152
  • reduces the number of blocks a high-hash-rate attacking miner/multipool can mint by 80%
  • these changes support the community vision of NLG becoming a daily use currency
  • the only down side of this proposal is that the block chain storage requirement would double, but still be less than most alt-coins

If lower blocktimes makes it easier to better the algo, also has more benefits and blockreward is adjusted to the blocktime, it looks fine to me to do that. Total coins will stay the same, so defendable.

Blocktime has been lower at the start before and is now 2,5 minutes. Don't know why 2,5 minutes was choosen. Can the team say something about that? Maybe it's important in the discussion.

These are the things that the simulator should be used for first and should be examined at a later point in time. Good things could be implemented then, things that don't matter could be left out.

Insert Quote

Lets keep it simple, do the digishield change so the coin can move forward. Then the simulator can be worked on at the devs own pace, right now the dev isn't able to put in the hours to get the simulator where it needs to be to test to the algorithm change. This is causing major dev lag especially on the iOS Apple Store front.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 11:05:53 AM

Although I have over 100 idle QC blades in my datacenter, I would suggest not to overshoot the algo-change discussion for now. Mining support, other than Scrypt is not something we want to pick up now, that might be something to take in consideration when we get to the phase where G-J and his simulator are ready, for now I'd be happy with DIGI implementation according to Fuse...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 11:13:50 AM

Although I have over 100 idle QC blades in my datacenter, I would suggest not to overshoot the algo-change discussion for now. Mining support, other than Scrypt is not something we want to pick up now, that might be something to take in consideration when we get to the phase where G-J and his simulator are ready, for now I'd be happy with DIGI implementation according to Fuse...

Count me in. If DIGI is a go I support this solution.

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:15:57 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 11:28:33 AM by veertje

For crying out loud people. Focus on the main issue...  And that is replacing the current broken algo with one that keeps MPs at bay.  

It is currently a real struggle to convince those in charge to move from DGW3 to Digi.  It shouldn't be a struggle as just about anything would be preferable to what we have now, but it is a struggle.  They seem to be coming around but will it be before or after Terk kills the coin?  Time will tell.

So.......  Forget about cpu mining, multi pow mining, etc.  It ain't going to happen.  You are just polluting the thread with "fairies at the bottom of the garden" non-solutions.  NLG will be a scrypt coin for the foreseeable future.  It has built up a devoted base of scrypt miners like myself and a change would mean 99% of current miners would go elsewhere.  That would help the coin? NOT.  

I agree that NLG is scrypt from the beginning and it is preverable to stay that way. But the multi-algo isn't discussed here at anytime. Maybe it is better to leave the discussion indeed as you say, but there are positive aspects as well, that other ways of mining can come in. I agree that it's better to stay at the concept of scrypt now and don't change it that easy. If others find it not wurth to discuss as well, it's ok, but maybe there are more improvements to make. That's why I gave a reply on Gutz, as it seemed good to give it a look at. Not to offend any current dedicated scrypt miners as you are  Wink
If there are more cons than pros then we should leave the discussion.

I still think the solution of going to Digi short term as Kilo and Fuse suggested will do good enough for a while and simulating with the simulator will make more improvements later on.

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:24:30 AM

I mined NLG when it was in the double digits difficulty for a brief time , The value grew strong but now I can't mine it - It's more profitable for me to buy at this point

What ever happens I just want this coin to survive for my next trip to NL so I can finally use some of my stash Cheesy
Best way for survival - Decentralisation and Cooperation

You contradict yourself a bit. You want it to survive, but don't put any hashes at it. To me it seems you're only in it for the profit, which isn't different than why Clever is in it.

I started mining because of Clever, at a loss (and to be honest, I actually don't like mining that much). Various projects/merchants depend on a short block time, the remaining dedicated miners make sure that doesn't get too bad. I'm also not cashing out any NLG that I'm mining, which prevents the market from crashing. I also want this coin to survive, but at least I'm putting my money where my mouth is.
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:32:56 AM

Could the incrowd please stop attacking and accusing everyone who casts a new or different opinion in this thread?
In a discussion arguments are enough.
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:38:41 AM

I think you are right on this. Maybe later on we can discuss the pros and cons of a multi-algo, when the simulator is ready.
Let's go for Digi now as Fuse and Kilo suggested.
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:45:51 AM

@ veertje.

All I'm hoping is that people focus on what is important now.  It appears to be really hard to convince those that make the decisions to take the first obvious step, which is to dump DGW3.  If we can make that happen and /GJ's simulator is all that it is cracked up to be, then I can see an argument for a multi POW version of NLG in the future.  

Hell, I personally support 24Kilo's idea of a reduced block time and reward but I can also see that it a step too far at the moment considering the conservative nature of the devs.  I'll happily take an algo change to Digi ASAP and argue about block times and muti POW at a later date.  

All I want is for SOMETHING to happen really soon to stop Terk raping the coin.
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:48:58 AM

Can someone explain why digi is just a temporary fix?
If it's working then why temporary?
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:57:15 AM

@ veertje.

All I'm hoping is that people focus on what is important now.  It appears to be really hard to convince those that make the decisions to take the first obvious step, which is to dump DGW3.  If we can make that happen and /GJ's simulator is all that it is cracked up to be, then I can see an argument for a multi POW version of NLG in the future.  

Hell, I personally support 24Kilo's idea of a reduced block time and reward but I can also see that it a step too far at the moment considering the conservative nature of the devs.  I'll happily take an algo change to Digi ASAP and argue about block times and muti POW at a later date.  

All I want is for SOMETHING to happen really soon to stop Terk raping the coin.

I understand and I agree. Good that you made it more clear. There will be a voting set up today the team said, so something will happen soon, I think.

Can someone explain why digi is just a temporary fix?
If it's working then why temporary?

Maybe it will still be the best in the future, but when the simulator is there, more improvements can be made is the expectation. That is why it is called temporary, because in the future more specific changes and further improvements can be made and tested. If so a new update will be made again later on with the best settings then.
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 12:16:02 PM

My respect for this courageous decision!

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:21:32 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 12:34:11 PM by veertje

I think it is the best decision. Thumbs up and fingers crossed for a good transition Smiley

Good for the projects to come  Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: