Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:54:54 PM

I have no idea what kind of guy this "Terk" of clevermining is. Is it likely he is out to destroy NLG at all?
Did Guldencoin-team itself ever talk directly with him? I mean, probably he is just in for the money, and not on a rampage breaking down a coin.
DGW3 and Digishield are all done and being done because of Terk. Maybe he is just in because he can make money with it, and as soon as another coin moves along with better profits,
he will move on too.

Have you followed this thread at all over the last few months?

PMs were sent.  He's silent in his own thread.  He's a douche at best.

My thought is he is raping the coin because he can.  He may or may not drop off the coin when the profit isn't there.  If he continues regardless, it would be a PR nightmare for him.  There is no way he can explain using users' mining power to further his own agenda.

-Fuse

Community > Devs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:56:48 PM

The larger waves is quite simple, will take me an hour or so to make a perfect job.
Digishield implementation will take a bit longer, maybe 5 or 6 hours..
More timeconsuming features are exporting a simulated chain to excel for further analysis.

Cheers!

Do you mean the simulator is almost ready for testing? Different algo's testing in GO with different parameters? I am a bit confused now what you mean.

Oh maybe you missed the announcement, that's okay.
Right now the simulator is working with small waves and DGW3 algo.
You can pick up the sources at https://github.com/GeertJohan/diffsim

So whats on the TODO:
- larger waves (5-15% change between blocks)
- jump pool (CM) simulation
- Digishield algorithm
- export simulation to excel
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:59:40 PM

Most miners just mine with a profitable pool, they don't care if it is clever or coinmine or hardcore or criptoe, miners generally don't care as long as the pool brings profits to them.

And again, don't judge. It's nearly impossible to profit from Guldencoin mining with these low prices. Most of the current miners are mining because they want to prevent cleverming of raping Guldencoin. Mining Guldencoin equals burning bitcoins at this moment. In my case that's more than 10 Bitcoin for the past month.

I do not understand why you waste money and energy mining coins, when there is less waste of money and energy if you would just buy coins at the low prices being offered thanks to the clevermining pool. In the end, the mining only serves getting coins in circulation. It would be nice if that could be done in the most energy and money efficient way (therefor I still am a big supporter of a total offline generation of the remaining coins and free distribution among Dutch citizens! :-)

Maybe your concern and motivation is the fear that clevermining could and would wreck the coin, but I really doubt if that is in their gamebook, as mentioned above.

Do you understand how blockchains work?  It's to allow transactions to continue to happen... not to put coins into circulation.  Without miners, coins don't move.

You could distribute the coins all you want, but without miners they are worthless.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:01:53 PM

OK... let's take this at a more conservative pace then.  If the simulator is a day of work, let's push forward with testing DIGI on the simulator then.  When can you have this done?  Can we have data by the weekend?

As far as the excel output goes, why not just fmt.Println each block to a text file?  We can parse the data from there.  It doesn't need to be pretty as long as we can read the data.

-Fuse

If testing can be done with Digishield in the simulator so soon, there where also discussions on changing parameters in DGW3 2 months ago orso that could do a lot if I am correct. If the simulator can really simulate small and big waves that soon, then take some time for good testing different parameters and blocktimes. Just my thoughts. 1 or 2 weeks more Clever, I can live with that.

@ GJ: Do I understand really correct that the simulator is almost ready or am I missing something here?
Frais

Activity: 246

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

I do not understand why you waste money and energy mining coins, when there is less waste of money and energy if you would just buy coins at the low prices being offered thanks to the clevermining pool. In the end, the mining only serves getting coins in circulation. It would be nice if that could be done in the most energy and money efficient way (therefor I still am a big supporter of a total offline generation of the remaining coins and free distribution among Dutch citizens! :-)

Maybe your concern and motivation is the fear that clevermining could and would wreck the coin, but I really doubt if that is in their gamebook, as mentioned above.

Without the resistance of the dedicated miners against clevermining there would have been giant block gaps all the time. Clevermining is wrecking Guldencoin since August 17th, check the stats: http://nlgstats.iblogger.org/
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:09:15 PM

As far as the excel output goes, why not just fmt.Println each block to a text file?  We can parse the data from there.  It doesn't need to be pretty as long as we can read the data.

I agree with this. Parsing data to different formats could be done by others in their language of choice. No need to do this in Go, which currently only one person in the community knows how to write.

Just write all the data to a text file (even csv could be read by excel) and let other help in getting things going.

I don't mind if we can get a confirmation on Digi working properly in the simulator in two weeks, or a custom algo in a month. What I don't want is to wait until 2016/2017 to have a fix.
Frais

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:10:18 PM

Here we go again, the guy that feels the need to self-sign his every post with -Fuse, how funny. Visit your shrink to find out how much that says about your psyche.

Yes, I did read this thread. I never read the Guldencoin-team mentioning they spoke to Terk, only you mentioned contacting him a few times. But you and your many mates are also running a miningpool. You have no commitment to the Guldencoin other than making as much money as possible. You confirmed by going kaboomm and threatening to dump NLG if it would change to something that could not be mined as you like it to be mined. So I am sorry, but I am not putting my trust on you for the NLG future success.

Wow, come on. Don't take it to this level. Please abandon this topic if this is all you have to say.. unbelievable.  Sad
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:17:54 PM

Here we go again, the guy that feels the need to self-sign his every post with -Fuse, how funny. Visit your shrink to find out how much that says about your psyche.

Yes, I did read this thread. I never read the Guldencoin-team mentioning they spoke to Terk, only you mentioned contacting him a few times. But you and your many mates are also running a miningpool. You have no commitment to the Guldencoin other than making as much money as possible. You confirmed by going kaboomm and threatening to dump NLG if it would change to something that could not be mined as you like it to be mined. So I am sorry, but I am not putting my trust on you for the NLG future success.

What does me signing my posts have to do with anything?

If you read properly... you would have seen that Terk mentioned he was in talks with the devs, and that others had msgd him too.

As far as my commitment to NLG... yes, I want to make money.  We all do.  My team makes no money off my pool, though.  It's my pool.  Hell, I just make enough to cover my server fees every month.  I run a pool for NLG because I was asked to by a member of the team because they wanted an honest, reliable pool op.  The main reason I'm in NLG though is because I honestly think it's the one coin that's doing it right.  I've been around long enough to see that.  So I'm sorry that I got behind it early on, and I hold a lot of coin.  Get over it.

I didn't threaten.  I made a statement that I would be out, as well as my team, if some idiotic decision was made that would change the landscape as a whole.  You don't obviously don't understand how blockchains work.  It's apparent in your previous statements about what mining is for.  So I'm sorry, but I wouldn't take your advice for anything.  You have no clue what you're talking about.

-FUSE

Community > Devs
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:21:27 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 04:52:30 PM by veertje

@ Digi, have trust. Criptoe is also one good reason for Litepaid to do talks with big partners to get Guldencoin accepted with a lot of merchants at once. Hope you can see that. Hope you'll try to understand better what is going on with the reason for algo change and not get angry. Keep the peace  Smiley

Edit: very open and calm reaction of you Fuse, respect. Let's go on to the positive and constructive again. Maybe it was good, it came out. Hope Digi will react positive after reading back.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:23:36 PM

I don't see Terk adding any value to the coin, yet Fuse has even produced physical coins for NLG, I trust these guys will put even more services forward for NLG when the price goes up to keep adding value.

Can you tell me one coin where a mining pool operator/team cares so much about a coin?
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:35:41 PM

Gewoon ff een feitje, die fysieke guldencoins zijn echt heel vet! Groot, zwaar en shiny Smiley Er is nog een 2e onderweg, maar echt een aanrader, heel blij mee!

veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Gewoon ff een feitje, die fysieke guldencoins zijn echt heel vet! Groot, zwaar en shiny Smiley Er is nog een 2e onderweg, maar echt een aanrader, heel blij mee!

Zeker weten. Echt gaaf!
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:59:00 PM

The larger waves is quite simple, will take me an hour or so to make a perfect job.
Digishield implementation will take a bit longer, maybe 5 or 6 hours..
More timeconsuming features are exporting a simulated chain to excel for further analysis.

Cheers!

Do you mean the simulator is almost ready for testing? Different algo's testing in GO with different parameters? I am a bit confused now what you mean.

Oh maybe you missed the announcement, that's okay.
Right now the simulator is working with small waves and DGW3 algo.
You can pick up the sources at https://github.com/GeertJohan/diffsim

So whats on the TODO:
- larger waves (5-15% change between blocks)
- jump pool (CM) simulation
- Digishield algorithm
- export simulation to excel

Yes, but how long it takes to complete for the TODO was not clear. As I understand now it can go very fast for that.
xtrix

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:02:38 PM

Zeker weten. Echt gaaf!
Zeker super! Op de foto zien ze er nog een beetje plastic uit, maar de werkelijkheid is ronduit geweldig. Top! Thanx for the great job!

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:08:22 PM

Zeker weten. Echt gaaf!
Zeker super! Op de foto zien ze er nog een beetje plastic uit, maar de werkelijkheid is ronduit geweldig. Top! Thanx for the great job!

I'll admit that the pictures don't really show their true characteristics.  They are heavy, thick, metallic coins.  Definitely something that will hold up over time.  I'm glad everyone likes them.  If for any reason there are any issues with any coins or orders, feel free to PM me or post in the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890637.0.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:12:36 PM

https://support.cex.io/hc/communities/public/questions/203611846-Adding-Guldencoin-NLG
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:45:11 PM

Man oh man, this is tiring. Quoting lontje: "You have no clue what you're talking about". Yeah, sure, I am totally clueless. Whatever.
Many roads lead to Rome. A coin can change into any kind of specs, there is absolutely no need for tunnelvision. POS and peace.
However, I am gonna follow the kind advice by Frais and stop getting involved in needless discussion in this thread. That will make most of you and me happy.
Good luck to you all in making a big success out of Guldencoin.

No need to leave m8, it's good to have other views in the thread... what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!! Smiley
Frais

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:18:32 PM

Nice Dutch blog article about the Guldencoin: http://www.techgirl.nl/betalen-met-guldens-weer-mogelijk-guldencoins/
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:21:45 PM

Hi all,

Digi with 25% max adjustment
I have been reading the changes committed by ny2cafuse (https://github.com/nlgcoin/guldencoin/pull/7)
Sadly, the 25% filter was not actually changing the required difficulty. In fact: it would cause major and non-resolving chain-splits.

The max 25% adjustment rule is in a function that is used to detect "ddos" blocks. This is a simple and quick check to see if a block can be taken seriously, before the full checks are done, which are using a lot more resources. This protects the network from ddos attacks.

How changing the max adjustment to 25% would cause a chainsplit, step by step:
Say two miners (A and B) would mine a block at the same time and broadcast it to the network. Half the network gets block from A first, other half gets block from B first. The group that got block A will now perform an anti ddos check on the block from B, because B was later and therefore is considered to be a split. Lets assume that the digishield changed the difficulty over 25%. This means group A will completely ignore block B. In the meanwhile, group B has more miners and mines blocks B2 and B3; they now have the larger chain: "B>B2>B3". But since group A won't accept block B, they will never get this chain and won't resolve the split. The miners in group A won't either, they'll continue mining as if nothing ever happened. The same applies for group B: group B will never accept block A because it has > 25% difficulty change, so IF group A gets the longer chain (which would normally resolve the split), it won't be accepted by group B because group B will never accept block A.
The normal max adjustment is 400%, which will allow even the most extreme diff changes by digi or dgw3.

TL;DR: the change to 25% doesn't do what was expected and will only introduce chain splits.

What now?
I will now continue with the simulator, doing the items listed in the previously posted TODO list.
This will give us more insight in how the change to digi will affect the chain.
It's important that we know what we are doing before we're making these changes.
We are very close. But remember: it's done when we have a proven correct solution that won't mess up the chain and will solve our problems.

If testing can be done with Digishield in the simulator so soon, there where also discussions on changing parameters in DGW3 2 months ago orso that could do a lot if I am correct. If the simulator can really simulate small and big waves that soon, then take some time for good testing different parameters and blocktimes. Just my thoughts. 1 or 2 weeks more Clever, I can live with that.

You're making an excellent point here: yes we can try DGW3 with alternative settings in the simulator. We can even change formula's (not just the settings/parameters for the formula's).

"How can I help?"
If you're a coder then you can help out with the code, please do!
We're on github:
https://github.com/nlgcoin/guldencoin
https://github.com/GeertJohan/diffsim

Please contact me if you'd like to help with code.
We do accept pull requests.

"But I'm not a coder..."
Thats okay.. You might not be able to help with the more technical aspects of Guldencoin but that is just a very small part of what we're doing here.
For instance: contact merchants, introduce your friends to Guldencoin (remember: they can get 100 free NLG! Who doesn't like free stuff!?)
Or write an article about Guldecoin. Comment on large news websites on topics related to Guldencoin. etc. etc.
Better even: think out of the box. The things I've just listed have been listed before, and although they are very very important, it's also good to have new and innovative usage and promotion of Guldencoin..

Gulden New Year!
Lets work together towards a future where Guldencoin is widely accepted in The Netherlands and beyond!
Everything we're doing are small steps towards that goal, and as long as everyone keeps making these small steps: we'll reach that goal in 2015.

Cheers!
Frais

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:35:05 PM

TL;DR: the change to 25% doesn't do what was expected and will only introduce chain splits.

That's an assumption or has been tested with the simulator?

Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: