Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893544 times)
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:30:40 PM

Guldencoin is only fair if you do not change the rules of the game aka screwing late adopters forever.

The change actually ensures that more coins will be available for late adopters instead of all of them being mined in the next year or two (early adopters). So it is the exact opposite of 'screwing late adopters'. It is the standard, lots of coins in first year or two followed by halving's and almost no coins after that which 'screws late adopters'

It is also very over simplistic to say this is about manipulation and I question the motives of anyone who says so.

Due to the messed block targeting Guldencoin was happily producing 'X' coins a day, and the market was happy, the block targeting changes 'fixed' this and we are now producing 'Y' coins a day, it is quite clear that the market preferred 'X' coins a day and that 'Y' is too many as for most of the coins life it has been producing 'X' it can be argued that at this point leaving it at 'Y' would be allowing a large downward manipulation which will benefit nobody except a few rich early adopters.

One needs to consider also the ecosystem of merchants etc. that people have been working very hard to build, and this is more what Guldencoin is about than being some commodity to invest in. If the market continues to be flooded with coins rapidly now and then in a few years the coins completely dry up, nobody is going to spend any more at either point as neither massive increases or decreases is good in a currency that people actually hope to spend, with nobody spending the merchants will slowly start to pull out, everything will slowly unravel, this is nothing to do with a small group of people having 'faith' it is simple market reality. It would be completely silly to throw away all this hard infrastructure work over some silly pretence that some values that were set a year and a half ago were the right ones, when it is quite clear they are not.
A stable reward with a stable price is going to be much better for a merchant infastructure, Guldencoin had previously a stable price for a very long time and this is what allowed it to get where it is now.

You read my mind, look at my post a day or two ago.

I want peoples honest opinion . Should I sell half my coins and buy under 200? Litesire says 230 is a bottom but doesn't say why. The rate the coin is going down in price it will be 150 by middle of the month and I can make a lot more coins for free. Will multipools dump it that far down ?

Are you selling them at a loss?  If so, I don't know if I would take that chance.  I personally probably won't do that, but that's not advice.   I have not followed/studied this coin's market patterns long enough to make a proper call.  On the other hand, if those are mined or if you are selling them at a profit, I would probably do it.  This is just my opinion, you need to make that decision.

About 50% loss. I was planning to use Nocks this weekend to buy food but decided not to spend the coins as they worthless.Sad  Thanks for the advice. I might buy more to average out my losses and not risk it selling.

We have to accept that we going to have low prices for next 8 years.
Fedoracoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 07:02:21 PM

good work! +1  Grin Cool Cool Cool
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 07:59:00 PM

Guldencoin is only fair if you do not change the rules of the game aka screwing late adopters forever.

The change actually ensures that more coins will be available for late adopters instead of all of them being mined in the next year or two (early adopters). So it is the exact opposite of 'screwing late adopters'. It is the standard, lots of coins in first year or two followed by halving's and almost no coins after that which 'screws late adopters'

It is also very over simplistic to say this is about manipulation and I question the motives of anyone who says so.

Due to the messed block targeting Guldencoin was happily producing 'X' coins a day, and the market was happy, the block targeting changes 'fixed' this and we are now producing 'Y' coins a day, it is quite clear that the market preferred 'X' coins a day and that 'Y' is too many as for most of the coins life it has been producing 'X' it can be argued that at this point leaving it at 'Y' would be allowing a large downward manipulation which will benefit nobody except a few rich early adopters.

One needs to consider also the ecosystem of merchants etc. that people have been working very hard to build, and this is more what Guldencoin is about than being some commodity to invest in. If the market continues to be flooded with coins rapidly now and then in a few years the coins completely dry up, nobody is going to spend any more at either point as neither massive increases or decreases is good in a currency that people actually hope to spend, with nobody spending the merchants will slowly start to pull out, everything will slowly unravel, this is nothing to do with a small group of people having 'faith' it is simple market reality. It would be completely silly to throw away all this hard infrastructure work over some silly pretence that some values that were set a year and a half ago were the right ones, when it is quite clear they are not.
A stable reward with a stable price is going to be much better for a merchant infastructure, Guldencoin had previously a stable price for a very long time and this is what allowed it to get where it is now.

MaNI, will this change be done with the release of 0.10?
BanzaiBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 07:59:37 PM

Time to buy more NLG  Grin

Good news
Luuk

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:54:16 AM

Good move! It's the number 1 reason I was told not to invest in guldencoin even though I didn't listen to them.  Grin Grin
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:56:50 AM

MaNI, will this change be done with the release of 0.10?

Hey Blue,

We are still fielding questions from the community about doing the change and if the majority are happy to do it then we implement the change at either block 250k or 260k depending when 0.10 is ready.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
Brito

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:38:08 PM

Can we get an official statement by MaNI if the multi algo design on coins like Myriadcoin and Digibyte is flawed also? Or is it a secret?

After looking into it extensively and much internal debate we have decided that multi-algo as it currently stands is flawed from a security perspective. While it sounds good on the surface there are some rather complex implementation issues in reality which have become apparent while looking at the code, that we are not satisfied can be solved in a reasonable way, or at least I am not confident I can solve them and I feel it is good to know your limits Smiley
I don't want to go into too much technical details but most of the flaws revolve around the fact that 'difficulty' is a somewhat arbitrary measurement, while it can be used to meaningfully compare two blocks from the same algorithm to one another, there is no real relation between the difficulties of two different algorithms. i.e. It is not really meaningful to say that a 500 difficulty Scrypt block is worth more or less than a 500 difficulty Groestl block. While it can be determined with some analysis for a specific moment in time with some work it requires a level of 'perfect information' that is not compatible with a p2p crypto currency type system, and even I as a human cannot tell you for a fact that the answer I give you now will still be the same in say six months time.
I have looked at various proposals to try and solves these issues, and what several coins have done and have found theoretical problems and flaws with all of them.
Putting those issues aside there is then the market related issue as well, which is that if you have e.g. 3 algorithms, your reward for each algorithm is 1/3, this is quite likely to attract 1/3 of the hash power for each algorithm, possible even less so in a way even if we can solve the technical issues it is not necessarily going to help form a security perspective.

This is not to say that multi-algo is 'completely broken' the above are of course theoretical i.e. it is not 100% completely trivial to attack a multi-algo coin, and you would still need a reasonable hash rate for at least  to do so, so I would not begin a complete panic about other coins. Perhaps time will show differently that the worries are unfounded.
However I would not personally use such an important coin as NLG on which to test theories, I can not in good concious recommend anything that is not 100% theoretically air tight.
There are also some 'non ideal' steps that can be taken to help prevent some of the issues which may involve lots of frequent changes to the coin which we do not want... whether other coins will do this or not depends on the coin.

It is my belief that the security would be likely worse or at best 'on par' with a standard single-algo coin, especially after taking the market factors into account, we don't want to implement something we are not 100% happy with, and we are not 100% happy with multi-algo at this point based on the flaws that have been uncovered, and based also on the possibility that there may be further flaws we are missing (Given that multi-algo has a higher complexity than single algo, simplicity is a desirable characteristic where possible)

We do however feel that the current single-algo is also not ideal, unless we can begin to attract far more hash power, so we are keeping a close eye on this while also looking into other options still.
A potential 'PoS' solution is on the cards, it would likely be added as a compliment to the current 'PoW' so we would end up with two algorithms, however again we must first do our homework and ensure we are completely happy with it before we implement it, so I don't want to make any guarantees just yet.
We will of course continue to look into all avenues to see what is best in the end.

What are views about stealth and anonymous coins? Are they really hidden from NSA types, if people started spying on the guldencoin blockchain would it help to have these features.

MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:13:55 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 02:34:41 PM by MaNI

What are views about stealth and anonymous coins? Are they really hidden from NSA types, if people started spying on the guldencoin blockchain would it help to have these features.
I've not really had a close enough look at the code for any of them at this point to say how well implemented they are or what level of anonymity they truly provide.

While I like the idea of anonymity I personally think that too much focus on it right now may be detrimental to mainstream adoption, it is something that politicians etc. may not like and may use to tarnish crypto e.g. "If you use crypto you are supporting criminals/terrorists/whatever other boogieman"
So my personal view is anonymity is premature, it is something worth looking at once people are first more comfortable with crypto in general, for now there are lots of other usability issues that block adoption that I view as more important.

The above said though I don't control where Guldencoin goes, I only advise others and/or implement things so this sort of thing/decision is for other people to discuss/decide as we go forward. The above is just my personal view at this point in time.
nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:06:49 PM

It seems even the "official/traditional" money bags want a piece of the digital coins...

http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/07/citibank-is-working-on-its-own-digital-currency-citicoin/#.4ua1ap:1dgx

In a move that should be of no surprise to anyone familiar with the space, Citibank has admitted to running a test platform for digital currencies and is pondering its own solution, CitiCoin.

According to the International Business Times, Citigroup has built its own digital currency based on bitcoin and the blockchain. This, in itself, isn’t very difficult – anyone can create a cryptocurrency in a few seconds with a bit of programming knowledge. But the fact that Citibank, at least in its R&D arm, is looking into the technology is promising.

(...)

In May BitcoinMagazine noticed a line in a Citigroup presentation that should remove any doubt that banks are definitely interested in this technology – and what they think of wild and wooly bitcoin. “Due to the potential benefits, we believe the adoption of Digital Money is inevitable,” they wrote. “While we believe that the use of Digital Money is certain, the future of specific cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin is less clear.”

PS: I support the change of the block reward to make the reward period extend.
PS2: I don't really understand supporters of other coins coming to this thread and asking NLG community not to do what it is better for the community because it will hurt other coins... Why can't they also improve their coins instead of wanting others to remain bad??

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:46:00 PM

It seems even the "official/traditional" money bags want a piece of the digital coins...

http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/07/citibank-is-working-on-its-own-digital-currency-citicoin/#.4ua1ap:1dgx

In a move that should be of no surprise to anyone familiar with the space, Citibank has admitted to running a test platform for digital currencies and is pondering its own solution, CitiCoin.

According to the International Business Times, Citigroup has built its own digital currency based on bitcoin and the blockchain. This, in itself, isn’t very difficult – anyone can create a cryptocurrency in a few seconds with a bit of programming knowledge. But the fact that Citibank, at least in its R&D arm, is looking into the technology is promising.

(...)

In May BitcoinMagazine noticed a line in a Citigroup presentation that should remove any doubt that banks are definitely interested in this technology – and what they think of wild and wooly bitcoin. “Due to the potential benefits, we believe the adoption of Digital Money is inevitable,” they wrote. “While we believe that the use of Digital Money is certain, the future of specific cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin is less clear.”

PS: I support the change of the block reward to make the reward period extend.
PS2: I don't really understand supporters of other coins coming to this thread and asking NLG community not to do what it is better for the community because it will hurt other coins... Why can't they also improve their coins instead of wanting others to remain bad??

I really like the change,  it will make the coin a more inviting currency for mass adoption.
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:18:53 AM

Paysafegulden is now back online for those that want to get onto the blockchain anonymously.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:29:20 AM

Quick update on the Community Advertising #1. 10th of July is the official launch date. Will keep you all updated with statistics.
Questions or anything can go to me directly or just post them here https://community.guldencoin.com/t/community-advertising-1/1096 don't worry about posting in English. We'll just mix it up with them language Wink
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 11:45:08 AM

Quick update on the Community Advertising #1. 10th of July is the official launch date. Will keep you all updated with statistics.
Questions or anything can go to me directly or just post them here https://community.guldencoin.com/t/community-advertising-1/1096 don't worry about posting in English. We'll just mix it up with them language Wink

Awesome promotion for Guldencoin!

Advertising on websites with lot of visitors will give a lot of exposure. Curious how this works out  Cool

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
SuicidalTendencies

Activity: 142

Crowdsale: Saturday, Aug 12, 2017

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:50:54 PM

High five to the guldencoin team!! History in the making.

danijel

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:30:13 PM

Me verry happy:-)
Go guldencoin go:-) :-)
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 09:31:29 PM

Paysafegulden is now back online for those that want to get onto the blockchain anonymously.

Well done! I'm not sure how much people actually use PaySafeCards here in The Netherlands, but I know they're popular in more countries. By this method, you actually enable people to buy GuldenCoin with cash. Cash > PaySafeCard > GuldenCoin (and there's no need to buy through iDeal or otherwise via your bankaccount). I think this attracts more people into GuldenCoin as is assures more privacy. Well done again!

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:44:19 PM

Paysafegulden was offline for a bit, but I got it back up as WaterLooDown re-ANN'd. It has been enabling people to buy Guldencoin with cash since October last year Wink No biggie Grin Paysafecards are used quite a lot in NL, mostly in the gambling/poker scene.

Guldenbuy will be back soon too, hopefully Smiley
ffpool.net

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:38:33 AM

GuldenCoin has been added to the Scrypt Multiport @ http://ffpool.net

Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:53:54 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 01:04:35 PM by Litesire

In long term the dumping is not a problem. We're just 1,5 year in the run and people are panicking that it isn't worth 50 euro's each like every other scam coin. Have people lost faith in NLG that much, that they see manipulation as the only solution?

The only manipulation I saw was the large address on bittrex forcing the price down. The announcement caught this person by surprise and they lost over 500k coins, so it wasn't the multipools doing the damage to the price. Find out who the owner of that address is and you have your reason for the price being forced down.

You're speaking to the owner of that address. I've made it a dozen times clear that it is used in my stabilization software that should prevent people pumping and dumping the coin. Those coins are mostly not on the market, and will flow into the market as it grows.

Was the extra sell pressure necessary after DELTA came online, since the coin was at a stable range between 400-500 for around 3 months, at what price level would your software stop putting price pressure and ease off?

Fedoracoins

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:55:40 PM

intrest story

LTC wallet uncovers possible LTC pyramid scam in China!There are rumours circulating that there is a LTC scam going on in China,people need to buy and send a minimum of 500LTC to a group of investors and in return they would get a mining reward.There is a wallet found that seems to back this story up: https://coinplorer.com/LTC/Addresses/34Ae29qWAhGGTw3cSNkPygiwsgKbbCatou .
Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: