Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:50:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893540 times)
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 09:40:48 PM

Made some fun with https://docs.guldencoin.com/services/explorer/
Which resulted in http://guldencoinweb.nl/guldencoin-markt.php

Just4fun, looking forward for more (JSON) api's  Grin

Nice one. Can you change the bid-price in ask-price. That is the one on litebit as well, then it is all the same numbers.

Actually, I use this:

Guldencoin to Euro:

https://www.cryptonator.com/api/ticker/nlg-eur

Guldencoin to Bitcoin

https://bittrex.com/api/v1.1/public/getticker?market=btc-nlg (the Bid price from the result)

This is the result from Bittrex:

{"success":true,"message":"","result":{"Bid":0.00000471,"Ask":0.00000503,"Last":0.00000504}}

What is THE price/value of Guldencoin atm?

- what people want to pay (Bid)
- for what people want to sell (Ask)
- last traded value (Last)

I used Bid because I think the real value is what people want to pay. But I could be wrong, any input welcome. I will change my code after we get this clear.

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:31:21 AM

Guldencoin Crossroads

The way I see things right now is that guldencoin devs doing work on something that is not going to benefit the coin against other coins who have more stable network. It has to be new algorithm to make
it all worth it because it take too long to fix. I know it need to be done but it also prevents other advancements in guldencoin as devs keep all focus on algorithm change.

On positive side this last 2 month has shown how strong this community is who have added to Guldencoin, Don't get me wrong the updates still come fast but not from dev team and more from the users which is better as coin does not rely on team so much.

The developer /GeertJohan is working on a simulator at least once a week for about 3 hrs a week according to the live feeds , so it wil  take another 3-6 months before it's completed at this rate as people are saying it will be a first for cryptos. So expect the development changes for the new algorithm to be done middle of next year.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:42:49 AM

The developer /GeertJohan is working on a simulator at least once a week for about 3 hrs a week according to the live feeds , so it wil  take another 3-6 months before it's completed at this rate as people are saying it will be a first for cryptos. So expect the development changes for the new algorithm to be done middle of next year.

Wrong.

People, including my team, are already working on modified code to test against this simulator to see if the our code changes work.  We can either bring down the network to test a bunch of possible changes with the network hashrate.  OR... we can run a bunch of smaller simulated networks as a test with the simulator, each with their own code changes, and not disrupt day to day use.

The simulator and ground work being done by /GJ is absolutely needed.

Stop the FUD.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:54:07 AM

The developer /GeertJohan is working on a simulator at least once a week for about 3 hrs a week according to the live feeds , so it wil  take another 3-6 months before it's completed at this rate as people are saying it will be a first for cryptos. So expect the development changes for the new algorithm to be done middle of next year.

Wrong.

People, including my team, are already working on modified code to test against this simulator to see if the our code changes work.  We can either bring down the network to test a bunch of possible changes with the network hashrate.  OR... we can run a bunch of smaller simulated networks as a test with the simulator, each with their own code changes, and not disrupt day to day use.

The simulator and ground work being done by /GJ is absolutely needed.

Stop the FUD.

-Fuse

I think investeerder is trying to force the price down, if it was going to take 6 months it would mean iOS to Apple Store only middle next year. lol
kwaasteniet

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:39:42 AM

After I initiated the thunderclap action there is nothing been done to promote the Guldencoin besides the stickers. Aren't there more ideas to promote our beloved coin? we must have more media attention!
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:48:15 AM

http://nlgstats.iblogger.org/

Clevermining below 50% for a couple of days now.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:49:10 AM

After I initiated the thunderclap action there is nothing been done to promote the Guldencoin besides the stickers. Aren't there more ideas to promote our beloved coin? we must have more media attention!

We had the RT exposure.
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:50:49 AM

I imagine further promoting is waiting on the algorithm change so new users won't have to download new wallets so soon after first introductions into Guldencoin, unless invester is right about the algorithm change taking another 6 months to implement then more promotion should be done now.

Maybe team can feedback on timeline for update, not exact date but a indication of when everything should be ready by?

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:59:43 AM

I imagine further promoting is waiting on the algorithm change so new users won't have to download new wallets so soon after first introductions into Guldencoin, unless invester is right about the algorithm change taking another 6 months to implement then more promotion should be done now.

Maybe team can feedback on timeline for update, not exact date but a indication of when everything should be ready by?

if it's going to take 6 months to do a algorithm change then we got far more serious problems then promoting the coin. My guess would be end of this month or early december.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:02:50 AM

http://nlgstats.iblogger.org/

Clevermining below 50% for a couple of days now.

This is very good news!
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:22:32 AM

@investeerder:

Nice to watch! Any idea how long it takes to complete it? Feel no pressure by asking this Wink

So I'm transforming the Go DGW3 code to work with that same type of data. When that's is finished we have a complete DGW3 simulation running. After that I'll have to implement the more interesting simulations: large miner joining/leaving at random, and multi-pool simulation (leave at high diff, join at low diff). I hope to have that done somewhere the coming week.
Frais

Activity: 246

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:29:48 AM

Investeerder's assumptions are based on his frustrations and not based on accurate inside information.

//

I'm curious what the appointment with E-Gulden is about next Tuesday: http://forum.egulden.org/index.php?topic=802.msg2283#new

Isn't that a waste of time in this stage?
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:21:30 AM

Investeerder's assumptions are based on his frustrations and not based on accurate inside information.

//

I'm curious what the appointment with E-Gulden is about next Tuesday: http://forum.egulden.org/index.php?topic=802.msg2283#new

uhm efl + nlg working to gether??
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:25:49 AM

//

I doubt it can be dev assistance like the one person posting there suggests if we still got a lot of our own work outstanding. I mean it's time /GeertJohan could be working on the algorithm changes, unless HMAN is going to ditch EFL and unite what's left of the EFL community behind NLG which would be the smart move.
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:33:56 AM

It's one conversation people, maybe stop speculating and just wait for an explanation from the people involved and thén make your decision to scream or calm down. There is nothing to worry about.
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:40:49 AM

It's one conversation people, maybe stop speculating and just wait for an explanation from the people involved and thén make your decision to scream or calm down. There is nothing to worry about.

Just to echo what Buerra said, the team would never do anything to hurt Guldencoin in anyway. I believe Hman called the meeting so Rijk and Geert have no idea what it is about but they won't refuse the meeting as it might have to do with benefiting cryptos in the Netherlands as a whole. Anything outside of that or for selfish reasons won't get much response from Rijk and Geert.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
Dawson

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:12:33 PM

Guldencoin Crossroads

The way I see things right now is that guldencoin devs doing work on something that is not going to benefit the coin against other coins who have more stable network. It has to be new algorithm to make
it all worth it because it take too long to fix. I know it need to be done but it also prevents other advancements in guldencoin as devs keep all focus on algorithm change.

On positive side this last 2 month has shown how strong this community is who have added to Guldencoin, Don't get me wrong the updates still come fast but not from dev team and more from the users which is better as coin does not rely on team so much.

I'm with investeerder,this are the real facts gj has only a few hrs in the week time to work on the algo, in this stage it looks like a after school project,we all see a lot of promises every week algo ios, in the meantime  we see a lot of fans walking away because there are to little updates from the team.the distribution of the 100 free nlg for the dutch citizens is drop dead along time now.the official forum is almost dead! why not use a piece of thad mega big premine to hire more defs and start a marketing plan asap?
Why not drink more coffee and wake up you all Huh

And please dont come bla bla here thad i have to get rich in a week i follow this coin from the start and i telling you all dont lose your wonderfull community on this one!!
And now the team going losing haremble time and trust by talking with the scam coin EFL??

Please stop with thad girly 1680 club it makes not miljonairs walk away from guldencoin are you all blind!!

pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 01:04:50 PM

Guldencoin Crossroads

The developer /GeertJohan is working on a simulator at least once a week for about 3 hrs a week according to the live feeds , so it wil  take another 3-6 months before it's completed at this rate as people are saying it will be a first for cryptos. So expect the development changes for the new algorithm to be done middle of next year.

I'm with investeerder,this are the real facts gj has only a few hrs in the week time to work on the algo, in this stage it looks like a after school project,we all see a lot of promises every week algo ios, in the meantime  we see a lot of fans walking away because there are to little updates from the team.the distribution of the 100 free nlg for the dutch citizens is drop dead along time now.the official forum is almost dead! why not use a piece of thad mega big premine to hire more defs and start a marketing plan asap?

And please dont come bla bla here thad i have to get rich in a week i follow this coin from the start and i telling you all dont lose your wonderfull community on this one!!
And now the team going losing haremble time and trust by talking with the scam coin EFL??

Please stop with thad girly 1680 club it makes not miljonairs walk away from guldencoin are you all blind!!

I am not a developer but how long should a algo change take? How long does it take for other coins? Is the simulator holding the dev time back or is it needed to make sure the algo change will be effective.

I see the knock on effects already now. iOS waiting on Algo change, Algo change waiting on Simulator, Simulator will need to be tested too?

I don't agree on the bolded part, I never seen so many updates for other alts and I browse a lot of other coin threads to make sure Guldencoin is still doing more updates, if I see something better that other coins are doing I will PM guldencoin and /GeertJohan.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 01:27:13 PM

I'm with investeerder,this are the real facts gj has only a few hrs in the week time to work on the algo, in this stage it looks like a after school project,we all see a lot of promises every week algo ios, in the meantime  we see a lot of fans walking away because there are to little updates from the team.the distribution of the 100 free nlg for the dutch citizens is drop dead along time now.the official forum is almost dead! why not use a piece of thad mega big premine to hire more defs and start a marketing plan asap?

For someone complaining about lack of activity from this devoted and serious Dev team, stating he has been around since it all started, I have to say, WOW you really did your share here mate!

Roll Eyes Huh Huh Huh

Maybe less coffee for you for now?

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

A little change of subject, perhaps...

And, the case for digital currencies gets stronger and stronger:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cory Doctorow at 8:00 pm Tue, Nov 4, 2014

Visa's new Paywave chip-and-PIN credit-cards have a $1M limit on foreign-currency transactions that can be verified "in-card," meaning that someone who gets close enough to your UK wallet can simply wave a phone at it and charge a megabuck to it without raising any realtime security alerts.

More practically, fraudsters with access to a crooked overseas bank could charge smaller amounts that might go undetected for weeks or months, and that would be low enough that police departments would be likely to ignore them.

According to researchers at Newcastle University in the UK, the card system developed by VISA for use in the United Kingdom fails to recognize transactions made in non-UK foreign currencies and can therefore be tricked into approving any transaction up to 999,999.99.

What’s more, because the cards allow for contactless transactions, wherein consumers need only to have the card in the vicinity of a reader without swiping it, a thief carrying a card reader designed to read a card that’s stored in a wallet or purse could conduct fraudulent transactions without the victim ever removing their card.

Since the transaction is done offline without going through a retailer’s point-of-sale system, no other security checks are done.

“With just a mobile phone we created a POS terminal that could read a card through a wallet,” Martin Emms, lead researcher of the project that uncovered the flaw, noted in a statement about the findings. “All the checks are carried out on the card rather than the terminal so at the point of transaction, there is nothing to raise suspicions. By pre-setting the amount you want to transfer, you can bump your mobile against someone’s pocket or swipe your phone over a wallet left on a table and approve a transaction.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new NFC (Near Field Communications) cards are supposed to be super secure and will be replacing our magnetic strip cards over the next year or two. Great news eh? I'm sure some form of PR can be derived from that information.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: