Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:27:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759173 times)
ycm82

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:27:54 AM

I am selling some nice sterling silver jewelry for WC.

https://i.imgur.com/CSAneMB.jpg

PM me if you are interested. Buy all for 25k WC !!!
Very cool!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mogonzo

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:42:17 AM

By popular demand, I have updated the op!

Just some basic house cleaning ahead of when we have real infographics ready Smiley

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
ycm82

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:52:20 AM

I have donated some  WC to this address WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR

thanks the foundation for your hard work!
crucial

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 12:56:11 AM

I am selling some nice sterling silver jewelry for WC.

https://i.imgur.com/CSAneMB.jpg

PM me if you are interested. Buy all for 25k WC !!!
Very cool!

do you sell white bags in various sizes?
mogonzo

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:12:56 AM

mogonzo i have made a small donation to both the dev directly and to the foundation. please list your WC address i would like to donate directly to you as well. thanks for your hard work.  Smiley

Hey thanks so much!

I'll tell you, my top priority right now is to see that everyone else gets a little something first. If you or anyone is hoping to make a donation to me, I'd love it if you just made it to the foundation instead. That's where I'd be forwarding it to anyway Smiley

<3

DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:50:21 AM

I have a problem with the wallet.  I just downloaded the new version but it crashes in both mac and windows XP.
I think it has to do something with the wallet.dat file.  It's all looking fine until it reaches the last 500 blocks to update, then the wallet crashes.
I reinstalled the old wallet again but this one gets stuck in syncing around the last 500 blocks, it just keeps saying 17205 block updated but never moves any further.
When i reinstall i completely remove all files except the wallet.dat.

At first i only used the mac client, but because of this i tried winxp
the windows client shows an error message when it crashes.

Is there anybody here who has an idea how to fix this?
cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:54:25 AM

I have a problem with the wallet.  I just downloaded the new version but it crashes in both mac and windows XP.
I think it has to do something with the wallet.dat file.  It's all looking fine until it reaches the last 500 blocks to update, then the wallet crashes.
I reinstalled the old wallet again but this one gets stuck in syncing around the last 500 blocks, it just keeps saying 17205 block updated but never moves any further.

yes, it was addressed before. in the config file. rcppassword it has  namerpcpassword=changethispassword.     remove the name

Op-dev should fix the whitecoin.conf file and reupload : )

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
cleanbaldy

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:59:38 AM

I have a problem with the wallet.  I just downloaded the new version but it crashes in both mac and windows XP.
I think it has to do something with the wallet.dat file.  It's all looking fine until it reaches the last 500 blocks to update, then the wallet crashes.

yes, it was addressed before. in the config file. rcppassword it has  namerpcpassword=changethispassword.     remove the name

It looks like you don't have the current wallet?   Mine doesn't have that logo...   mine has a WC logo.

Also, I've heard that others simply deleted the .conf file and it worked without the C++ error...

Make sure to grab the newest wallet download though.
DanielVG

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:59:49 AM

yes, it was addressed before. in the config file. rcppassword it has  namerpcpassword.     remove the name

where do i find this conf file, i've been looking in normal folders and app data folders, i don't find it...
cleanbaldy

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:02:58 AM

yes, it was addressed before. in the config file. rcppassword it has  namerpcpassword.     remove the name

where do i find this conf file, i've been looking in normal folders and app data folders, i don't find it...

It's included in this ZIP file of the new wallet...

From the 1st page:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cojahjy30pa30wm/whitecoin-update.zip

Make sure you guys are installing/using the updated wallet.   That screenshot really doesn't look right to me.   Smiley
litepresence

Activity: 358
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:17:25 AM

For those following the Crypto Sphere you would have noticed a young, exciting contender to BlackCoin, WhiteCoin. Like BlackCoin, WhiteCoin started out as a PoW coin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-work_system) changing into a full PoS Coin. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake) White Coin has 2% annual stake Interest while Black Coin has 1%.

During the PoW phase Multipools mined large amounts of the PoW blocks and sold them on exchanges, allowing for wide and even distribution of the remaining coins creating a large community of investors buying to be part of the WhiteCoin community.

Like BlackCoin, WhiteCoins start was not all smooth sailing and after PoS stage failed to kick in and miners diverted their miners a 51% attack (http://learncryptography.com/51-attack/) occurred, allowing someone to double spend and steal over 30 Bitcoins from the MintPal Exchange. MintPal showed their generosity in covering any losses to WhiteCoin which has not been shown to any other coin, and it shows that there are talented and honest exchanges within the crypto community who want WhiteCoin to succeed.

The Exchanges quickly closed their withdrawals and deposits and within hours the community developed The WhiteCoin Foundation with Chris Salsman, Political Strategist, Outed Anon and self proclaimed “foodie”, at the helm. The team of trusted individuals within the bitcoin and altcoin community banded together to set goals, fix the issues with the wallets and secure investors funds.

The Foundation quickly found capable devs that could fix the Staking issue and create working wallets. Thanks to the incredible talent of CryptoWest (Cryptocurrency developer of CoinyeWest Coin), Mindfox (Developer of multiple alt coin pools), and the ongoing dedication of the WhiteCoin Foundation, they managed to find a solution and fixed the issues and successfully transitioned the coin from PoW to full PoS and thus secured the chain.

The new wallet is functional and everything is now in working order. The White Coin Foundation released minutes from their first board meeting at bitcointalk. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587193.msg6534399#msg6534399 to discuss future plans and objectives moving forward.

They are rebranding the coin, building a new webpage at whitecoinfoundation.org and reaching out to all venues in the crypto community to promote their promising crypto currency! WhiteCoin has been rebuilt from the ground up and is looking very promising.

White Coin in its short time, has certainly written and keeps writing coin history and with strong support from other coins, exchangers and multi pools it looks like White Coin is at a turning point to a bright future.

Thanks to the incredible talent of cryptowest, mindfox, and the ongoing dedication of the whitecoinfoundation, WhiteCoin successfully transitioned today from a POW coin to a POS coin. The new wallet is functional and everything is now in working order. The new whitecoinfoundation has today released minutes from their first board meeting at bitcointalk. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587193.msg6534399#msg6534399 We are rebranding the coin, building a new webpage at whitecoinfoundation.org and reaching out to all venues in the cyrpto community to promote our promising crypto currency. WhiteCoin has been rebuilt from the ground up as originally promised. We have PoW Cutoff at 5:11 UTC. Whitecoin is now 100% PoS. | NEW MAC AND WINDOWS WALLET – http://whitecoin.info/news/whitecoin-wallet-released/

We’d also like to thank all of those who have been donating hash to keep the network alive. A special shout out to our friends at Mintpal, Poloniex, Cryptsy, and Bittrex; we apologize for any losses you have taken on our behalf. And a huge thank you to our investors and community for coming together to make this coin what it is today through all the FUD and hard times.

Multipools will now be **BUYING** WhiteCoin from exchanges at **MARKET PRICE** **DAILY** to pay off their miners.

WhiteCoin to da moon!

litepresence
WhiteCoinJesus
Simran
litepresence

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:19:27 AM

WhiteCoin Community Overcomes Adversity

The cryptocurrency scene is no stranger to scammers and hacker, but the White Coin community have weathered both in the last week. Though the situations caused panic and unrest, the events of the last 8 days have lead to the creation of the WhiteCoin Foundation, a much stronger community, more transparency and a fresh vision.

On April 26th it was discovered that WhiteCoin contained errors in the code which prevented a complete transition to the Proof-of-Stake (POS) stage, not unlike other POW/POS coins that have been released in recent months. This is also about the time when the community learned that the original developer had no intentions of supporting WhiteCoin, and that the coins pre-mined for future development had already been spent.

Enter, the WhiteCoin Foundation. Headed by Mogonzo, the foundation’s primary objective was to find a new developer to fix the errors in the original code. After many days with little sleep, and far too many caffeinated beverages to count, the dev team decided on the best course of action and began implementing the fix. Testing was underway when another situation arose, one that would have brought almost any other cryptocurrency crashing down to Earth.

Having almost recovered from the previous setback, another crushing blow was delivered on April May 1st. The primary targets were the exchange MintPal, and the mining pool ChunkyPools. This attack resulted in a soft fork of WhiteCoin, and more 50btc worth of invalid WhiteCoins which were subsequently sold on various exchanges. Due to quickness of the exchanges and WhiteCoin foundation, a solution was put in place to negate the impact of the attacks. Though prices had plummeted during the attacks, when exchanges re-opened the price of WhiteCoin soared, signaling the trust and respect the community and investors had in the WhiteCoin Foundation.

With the release of a fully functioning POS-only wallet, and source code that has been reviewed by some of the top names in the industry, WhiteCoin is now back on track. The WhiteCoin Foundation is working on re-branding the coin, along with new features and merchants to be announced in the coming weeks. With the help of many volunteers and the support of a growing community, WhiteCoin is sure to remain a force in the cryptocurrency scene for years to come.

_jaqen_

If you would like to support the WhiteCoin Foundation please donate to:

WC: WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR

BTC: 1JN9kVvm1zxgYh3Ki1JNsPFPhcE5FfoyeR

DOGE: D9n7o15LGaJy54gsQtqfgP8MwRCxC7FeCn

LTC: LU7P6BgqPDo1eHzqm2GmPw34HMJVoEe5DV

seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:22:47 AM

cool write ups
dminer69

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:31:13 AM

WhiteCoin Community Overcomes Adversity

The cryptocurrency scene is no stranger to scammers and hacker, but the White Coin community have weathered both in the last week. Though the situations caused panic and unrest, the events of the last 8 days have lead to the creation of the WhiteCoin Foundation, a much stronger community, more transparency and a fresh vision.

On April 26th it was discovered that WhiteCoin contained errors in the code which prevented a complete transition to the Proof-of-Stake (POS) stage, not unlike other POW/POS coins that have been released in recent months. This is also about the time when the community learned that the original developer had no intentions of supporting WhiteCoin, and that the coins pre-mined for future development had already been spent.

Enter, the WhiteCoin Foundation. Headed by Mogonzo, the foundation’s primary objective was to find a new developer to fix the errors in the original code. After many days with little sleep, and far too many caffeinated beverages to count, the dev team decided on the best course of action and began implementing the fix. Testing was underway when another situation arose, one that would have brought almost any other cryptocurrency crashing down to Earth.

Having almost recovered from the previous setback, another crushing blow was delivered on April May 1st. The primary targets were the exchange MintPal, and the mining pool ChunkyPools. This attack resulted in a soft fork of WhiteCoin, and more 50btc worth of invalid WhiteCoins which were subsequently sold on various exchanges. Due to quickness of the exchanges and WhiteCoin foundation, a solution was put in place to negate the impact of the attacks. Though prices had plummeted during the attacks, when exchanges re-opened the price of WhiteCoin soared, signaling the trust and respect the community and investors had in the WhiteCoin Foundation.

With the release of a fully functioning POS-only wallet, and source code that has been reviewed by some of the top names in the industry, WhiteCoin is now back on track. The WhiteCoin Foundation is working on re-branding the coin, along with new features and merchants to be announced in the coming weeks. With the help of many volunteers and the support of a growing community, WhiteCoin is sure to remain a force in the cryptocurrency scene for years to come.

_jaqen_

If you would like to support the WhiteCoin Foundation please donate to:

nice +1
DanielVG

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:39:52 AM

It's included in this ZIP file of the new wallet...

From the 1st page:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cojahjy30pa30wm/whitecoin-update.zip

Make sure you guys are installing/using the updated wallet.   That screenshot really doesn't look right to me.   Smiley

ye, i downloaded the windows wallet from whitecoin.co, it probably is still the first release, can't this website be updated though?...!  What's the point keeping several wallets online to download.

Downloaded the wallet from OP (windows binaries 1 anon files.com) and seems to be working fine, didn't reach those last 500 blocks yet though, where it always crashed. updating atm.

nonetheless, i used the first mac wallet and tried the update but that's where it went wrong. 

Is anybody else using the mac update successfully?
mogonzo

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:40:29 AM

FUNDRAISING PROGRESS UPDATE

Between what I'm seeing in the official accounts, whitecoinpool.com and what's been sent to Crypto West.... we're closing in on 2 BTC raised already!

Remember, even small donations count.

And you can always just point your miners to whitecoinpool.com and have some of those fees go to the foundation. Let's help the people who saved this coin for us.

Official Foundation Donation Addresses:

litepresence

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:41:04 AM

BUY OR CRY

By the 4th of JUNE

WhiteCoin = MOON

litepresence

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:53:18 AM

Tweets per day up from 140 yesterday to 530 today

http://bitinfocharts.com/whitecoin/

DanielVG

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:57:29 AM

still crashing   Sad

Downloaded the new wallet and fixed config file, no luck...   Sad

anybody ideas?
dminer69

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:58:04 AM

BUY OR CRY

By the 4th of JUNE

WhiteCoin = MOON

nice!
Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: