Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759173 times)
neoxxx

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

Source of knowledge is experience. A.E.

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:31:06 PM

Hello everyone, here are the latest updates from the WhiteCoin Team.

Last night at approximately 04:00 EST, a coordinated attack against WhiteCoin’s blockchain occurred. First, chunkypools was targeted by a DDOS attack, followed by a timewarp attack Major exchanges were targeted for the disbursement of these new coins. This resulted in the trading of double spent currency.

The WhiteCoin Foundation Project and the community have risen to this challenge once again. We will not be rolling back the blockchain, because we believe that legitimate trades carried out overnight cannot be unfairly penalized. The MintPal team, in an extraordinary gesture of good faith and commitment to WhiteCoin, will absorb these initial losses. The WhiteCoin Foundation Project pledges to compensate MintPal over the long term for this loss.

Our dev team has expanded to include even more qualified volunteers as well as paid staff who are intimately familiar with the code.  Tests are continuing and are going extremely well as per our previous update.

Despite this instance of fraud, the WhiteCoin team remains committed to a community-driven, public and universally exchangeable currency.  We will update you once again on our progress by midnight tonight EST.

We continue to discourage wallet use at this time until our update is provided.  It’s taken us some time to develop a full understanding of what happened, as well as develop a solution – therefore, we’re committing to a schedule of regular updates, in order to continue our tradition of transparency and community engagement – after all, you guys have driven this entire project.

With thanks,

Chris Salsman

(mogonzo)

Notes:

We have confirmed the address of the attacker:

http://blockchain.info/address/15KyF65kpMg37CyD2KrKLvoXFFsrhF36SU
http://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/15KyF65kpMg37CyD2KrKLvoXFFsrhF36SU

Tnx Chris for info  Cool
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ycm82

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:47:41 PM

so when is the wallet being released?

Once full testing is complete. We have engaged multiple devs to ensure we have options as well as efficient testing.
good job mogonzo.
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:50:18 PM

If anyone wants quick profits the wallet fix has definitely not been priced into the market yet. Easy 100% I'm betting (however I'm holding far further than that).
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:54:24 PM

Mintpal halts all trades and removes wallet until issue is resolved. Cryptsy, keeps right on manipulating trading..

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:55:57 PM

If anyone wants quick profits the wallet fix has definitely not been priced into the market yet. Easy 100% I'm betting (however I'm holding far further than that).

This is true. Because nobody knows the wallet will work. It's a high risk / high reward scenario. I'm holding far further than xxk. If you are uncertain, inform yourself at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=whitecoinfoundation&uio=d4# - don't rely on posts in this thread. Wink

How hard can it be to introduce the POS?

If it is this much hassle just fork a coin which has working POS already and allow exchanges to facilitate the swap over.

KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:07:24 AM

You are right. WC has a strong community backing. WC is likely to recover as BC did from similar mishaps. I have been around this game for awhile and own a good amount of WC. I won't spread FUD but I already have my next few moves planned out as I hope all smart traders do. I will say I am betting on WC to make a come back fast.
I promised once to never post in a WC thread but i can't resist now.
Just a serious question: when did somthing similar happen with BC?

BC dev did not dump the coin and ran off
BC never went from PoW to a non-existent PoS
BC did not have a double spend issue (and i am pretty sure that this was NOT an accident but an initial part of the scam plan)
BC has not been suspended on all trading platforms

the only thing BC had was an unhealthy pump and a follow up of cheap clones and scam-coins like yours.

I can understand that despair and delusion are kicking in here, but there is no reason to tell people such bullshit.

Similar in the means of BC was stolen from an exchange which it sounds like this is what happened at Mintpal but I do not have all the facts yet. I'm not a bandwagon coin groupie. I look and post through all forums. I own many different coins and ultimately it has made me many, many BTC for group and myself.

I can honestly tell you guys Whitecoin will make people lots of money of done right by the community and by the devs. I am not telling people anything they might not have heard before. I wouldn't spread bs on coins I own because I do own large bags in BC, WC, AC, EMC2, Doge, LTC and BTC. I am just wondering where the "scam-coins like yours" part came from lol?

Sorry for the rant. I just didn't like the stupid comments when I wasn't being negative about anything.  
coinpredator(return)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:32:53 AM

Loaded up. The train is leaving its station again.

Lybertycoin Multipool - http://xlb.multipoolmining.com/
Bitcoin going to the moon !  Roll Eyes
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:41:33 AM

You are right. WC has a strong community backing. WC is likely to recover as BC did from similar mishaps. I have been around this game for awhile and own a good amount of WC. I won't spread FUD but I already have my next few moves planned out as I hope all smart traders do. I will say I am betting on WC to make a come back fast.

BC did not have a double spend issue (and i am pretty sure that this was NOT an accident but an initial part of the scam plan)

the only thing BC had was an unhealthy pump and a follow up of cheap clones and scam-coins like yours.

I can understand that despair and delusion are kicking in here, but there is no reason to tell people such bullshit.

Similar in the means of BC was stolen from an exchange which it sounds like this is what happened at Mintpal but I do not have all the facts yet. I'm not a bandwagon coin groupie. I look and post through all forums. I own many different coins and ultimately it has made me many, many BTC for group and myself.

I can honestly tell you guys Whitecoin will make people lots of money of done right by the community and by the devs. I am not telling people anything they might not have heard before. I wouldn't spread bs on coins I own because I do own large bags in BC, WC, AC, EMC2, Doge, LTC and BTC. I am just wondering where the "scam-coins like yours" part came from lol?

Sorry for the rant. I just didn't like the stupid comments when I wasn't being negative about anything.  
Hey MR we only want stop connecting other coins with your WC problems.
1st Dev scam with using WC is obvious that is clear.
WC slow action of Devs caused 51% attack problem this is another fact.

Other POS coins provides security updates in hours like ( Cinni,Mint,BC... ) here that took way to long and
and that was open gate to make DDOS attack all pools were Ddos'ed couple of times... so such attack was ecspected to accoure if you let others to do it.
One more fact BC didn't have any such security problem so far and BC dev didn't scammed anyone.
BC dev helped Mint and Cinny with their security updateds so don't try discredit him...in such cheap way.
So don't try connect BC problems with WC...this is more than BS.

WC so far don't have even POS system WC is still in POW part... So connecting POS BC to POW WC is retarded.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:43:38 AM

Other POS coins provides security updates in hours like ( Cinni,Mint,BC... ) here that took way to long and
and that was open gate to make DDOS attack all pools were Ddos'ed couple of times... so such attack was ecspected to accoure if you let others to do it.
One more fact BC didn't have any such security problem so far and BC dev didn't scammed anyone.
BC dev helped Mint and Cinny with their security updateds so don't try discredit him...in such cheap way.

WC so far don't have even POS system WC is still in POW part... So connecting POS BC to POW WC is retarded.

I'm just happy to be here

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
heartastack

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:44:43 AM

You're giving us the exact reasons the price is about to explode (hint - as each feature comes online)
cleanbaldy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:46:15 AM

Don't worry, it's just the back of the train.  We don't need that.

Just like the abandon ship gif.  The boat is fine, but they're doomed to die in the storm.  That's what they get for leaving a perfectly good ship....
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:59:17 AM

Just like the abandon ship gif.  The boat is fine, but they're doomed to die in the storm.  That's what they get for leaving a perfectly good ship....

just the back of the train... that had me laughing so hard!  Grin

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Astroxjr

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:04:10 AM

just the back of the train... that had me laughing so hard!  Grin

Well I am holding a few coins in WC still and resisting the temptation to dump, but can't help buy feel that the carriage I am in is that one at the back of that train  Shocked
heartastack

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:27:16 AM

My prediction: Fix is announced and everyone watching now scrambles to buy and get in at a way higher price, then complain they sat there idle at current 'cheap' price. Market human condition never changes.
mogonzo

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:02:04 AM

Hey everyone, I'll be in #whitecoinfoundation taking questions in a few moments http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#whitecoinfoundation

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:13:45 AM

My prediction: Fix is announced and everyone watching now scrambles to buy and get in at a way higher price, then complain they sat there idle at current 'cheap' price. Market human condition never changes.

A new working PoS wallet will be released 100% for sure no matter what happens.  In the case that the current plans to fix the original fail, or can't be done in a proper timespan, then mintpal can facilitate a changeover where you deposit there to the old wallet which can't be withdrawn from, then mintpal credits new balance to working chain.  Original chain would then just be kept up until transfers are done.

There are many nuclear options beyond that as well.

So basically, there is really nothing to worry about on the question of *if* a new wallet with staking working correctly will be released.  It's going to happen in one way or another whether it's the original plan or alternate plan.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
bigvern

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 02:15:33 AM

Mintpal halts all trades and removes wallet until issue is resolved. Cryptsy, keeps right on manipulating trading..

Nice coin image. lol.   We actually did stop deposits and withdrawals on WC until the issue is resolved, but I see no reason why people cannot trade what they already have.

BigVern
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:35:46 AM

Nice coin image. lol.   We actually did stop deposits and withdrawals on WC until the issue is resolved, but I see no reason why people cannot trade what they already have.

BigVern

Classic. He is the American Mark K. I pray Cryptsy is overshadowed by a better exchange before the Feds roll in and shut them down. Or before BigVern misplaces all the wallets somewhere in the Florida Everglades.

I realize this is a completely unfair view of you BigVern.... just can't help myself.

It is eerie that BigVern responded to that so quickly. Hey BigVern, do you have some sort of BCT "BigVern Monitor?" So vain.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:52:08 AM

BigVern

Classic. He is the American Mark K. I pray Cryptsy is overshadowed by a better exchange before the Feds roll in and shut them down. Or before BigVern misplaces all the wallets somewhere in the Florida Everglades.

I realize this is a completely unfair view of you BigVern.... just can't help myself.

It is eerie that BigVern responded to that so quickly. Hey BigVern, do you have some sort of BCT "BigVern Monitor?" So vain.

I sent him the link to the image. I had a chuckle

I turned off deposits and withdrawals for whitecoin early this morning when we first got word of it. There was no need for us to pause the market Wink
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:10:15 AM

You're giving us the exact reasons the price is about to explode (hint - as each feature comes online)
working wallet you called feature Cheesy ??...
After BC there is 10+ coins working in pure POS without problems...
hint - look at your thread title " Now in PoS stage " - 95% people is thinking that you have POS.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: