Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:26:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759173 times)
gentacomp

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:15:08 PM

Any way to wd WC from mintpal ?
So depressing...

remain calm, they will bring the wallet back online when they are certain it is ready for action.

Thank you...
But is the double spent coin would be deleted ?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution
Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution:CC8zeK5Mq19W2yUdmhMXbLCmRqEkG7axTW
Let's color the MOON: YCtgk5JaBEt1WT7js29sh6W5my8dgcP2Sp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:17:22 PM

stay calm, it will go up over 10k in two weeks.

lol , sure
when BTC introduced 16 decimal places, that is.

Lol i m pro WC but that is funny.

We need more trolls like you
rudius

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:19:01 PM

i did not watch on wallet code, but as a lot of members think it's ghostcoin copy past , so Min Stake 'd be 21 days.
now we have coin with pow period over on 7 days but with POS cannot starting before 21 days. what's that means? that's means blockchain will be not maintained between 7 and 21 days. dev team try to convince holders to put their hashpower for free (10 wc/block) to maintain the blockchain between 7 -21 days. but the dev cannot explain it clearly. if exchange sites'll blocks deposit/withdrawal for 14 days, the coin'll be dead! also how to maintain blockchain meanwhile the POS phase start (May 5). even, how to avoid 51% attack without a large hashpower during this period?! circulating a rumor that the blockchaine is stable and well secured? securised by 100 Mh/s?!!
Dev gains time until May 5, but what if the POS does not work right on May 5?!!
old dev realized the mistake he committed by fixing POW at 7 days while Min Stake is at 21 days! it is not expert in programming. he can do nothing he sold what he had and leave whitecoin bumping against the wall. many think it is saveable.

Could you double check please. Like you said, you didn t look into the code, and yet you wrote all that in what goals?

Minage was set to 2 days and no maxage.
kapaZ

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:24:59 PM

So, while you all bicker and yell and panic like little children,

MintPal just released an update.    Wasn't as big of an issue as they thought.   Trading will be back open soon, but your WC wallets are now unlocked if you wish to withdraw/deposit.

Some simple advice I have for every one here posting ridiculously stupid stuff.   STOP BEING IDIOTS.  

For this advice, i accept donations (In WC of course):  WfnVJPxX5Ms8D3oqRnGMVvWKWxuRCxoULN

FROM: http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/4/30/whitecoin-deposits-withdrawals-resumed-on-mintpal

WhiteCoin Deposits & Withdrawals Resumed on MintPal

April 30, 2014/JP Buntinx   (May 1st for most of the world)

Even though we are still waiting on the updated WhiteCoin client as users, MintPal (and I assume Cryptsy as well) have resumed deposits and withdrawals on their exchanges. This should indicate they have received the updated WhiteCoin client already.

Despite what everyone, including myself, expected, there wasn’t a big WhiteCoin dump at all. Even though you could understand how a lot of people might lose faith after the recent debacle, I’m glad to see people are not giving up just yet.

In fact, the resuming of WhiteCoin depositing and withdrawing on MintPal has actually lead to a price increase. Over the past 24 hours, the WhiteCoin value increased by over 40%, and is nearing the 1,000 Satoshi mark again.

From what we heard about the “user” WhiteCoin client, there could be a small delay in distribution. We have not received an exact ETA yet, but users do not need to worry, as we will all get it when it’s ready.

Like we stressed yesterday, quality work takes time and needs proper testing. First we have to make sure the exchanges don’t run into any issues, and after that, the rest of us can upgrade their clients too without a problem.

We will keep you updated as we receive more news.

Where did you get this oinformation from? Can't find anything on Mintpal twitter. Also Mintpal claims that it is Whitecoin issue and not a Mintpal problem.

Seriously?  Please stop wasting my time and everyone elses.  The wallets are CLEARLY unlocked at MintPal.  Just log in and look. 

No, trading has not been re-established on MintPal.  It is open on Crypsty and Bittrex and possibly others.   

https://twitter.com/MintPalExchange/statuses/461444859631788033

Seriously?   It's on their Twitter.  I even put a link above, to the other article, from my original post.

Again, here is my WC tip account for giving you accurate information, without adding FUD or nonsense.  Please stop posting up without spending at least 5 seconds thinking about your comment first.  OK? 

WfnVJPxX5Ms8D3oqRnGMVvWKWxuRCxoULN

cleanbaldy you got a special account at mintpal?
think 5 seconds before you post anything pls, so you don't waste ppl time.....
i'm accepting a donation from you only you, since you don't know what you talking about....
this is not fud, but facts, everyday new problem with this coin, that's why mintpal closed wc again, after your donation I can explain you the rest.....
test it yourself instead of saying.....
btw why would mintpal unlock wallets and leave trading closed? so ppl could trade on other exchanges?
they look much more smarter then that
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:30:35 PM

i did not watch on wallet code, but as a lot of members think it's ghostcoin copy past , so Min Stake 'd be 21 days.
now we have coin with pow period over on 7 days but with POS cannot starting before 21 days. what's that means? that's means blockchain will be not maintained between 7 and 21 days. dev team try to convince holders to put their hashpower for free (10 wc/block) to maintain the blockchain between 7 -21 days. but the dev cannot explain it clearly. if exchange sites'll blocks deposit/withdrawal for 14 days, the coin'll be dead! also how to maintain blockchain meanwhile the POS phase start (May 5). even, how to avoid 51% attack without a large hashpower during this period?! circulating a rumor that the blockchaine is stable and well secured? securised by 100 Mh/s?!!
old dev realized the mistake he committed by fixing POW at 7 days while Min Stake is at 21 days! it is not expert in programming. he can do nothing he sold what he had and leave whitecoin bumping against the wall. many think it is saveable.

Could you double check please. Like you said, you didn t look into the code, and yet you wrote all that in what goals?

ok! i've checked github to verifiy, and Min age was 28  days! not 21. that's means POS 'll start at May 12 !! Cool
Min age = 2 days that's ll with fixed wallet, with old wallet (still used now Min age = 28 days!!!)
altcoinherald

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 07:33:46 PM

Bittrex shut down WhiteCoin and announced it at 1:16AM. https://twitter.com/richiela/status/461781261929832448

MintPal confirmed and then Poloniex followed suit. The double spend could be a huge source of loss for any of those exchanges. I'm sure they have to take every precaution to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Richie Lai of Bittrex told people in the 'Foundation' chatroom this news and it was not well received.
rudius

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:34:10 PM

ok! i've checked github to verifiy, and Min age was 28  days! not 21. that's means POS 'll start at May 12 !! Cool
Min age = 2 days that's ll with fixed wallet, with old wallet (still used now Min age = 28 days!!!)

You ve got it wrong again.   Cool

minage was 2 days. 28 days is a fix they have tried. I hope   that it will not be choosen. Look at the commit and the reverts.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:37:13 PM

I sold Panda before Wolong dumped it.

I'm holding WC but could dump on Cryptsy.

This is a little technical hurdle that will be overcome.

Great time to buy.... Perhaps? ?
Panda never recovered.... as a matter of fact.... all coins named Panda died that day too. Wolong is a "Coin Killa"

Well done. My little furry friend.

You just realised that Panda and WhiteCoin have nothing to do with one and other.

WC can come out on top. We don't rely on one person.
You are right. WC has a strong community backing. WC is likely to recover as BC did from similar mishaps. I have been around this game for awhile and own a good amount of WC. I won't spread FUD but I already have my next few moves planned out as I hope all smart traders do. I will say I am betting on WC to make a come back fast.

WC will recover. I don't expect it to be easy, because many things have gone seriously wrong with this coin. But I see a lot of empathy from devs and a community that was torched together by this story. Panda was never as popular as wc, not even slightly.

WOT? I agree with all that except panda.. or which panda? the woolong panda? This is a different situation but panda got to higher hashes.

mooo for rent
gerdab

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:40:00 PM

ok! i've checked github to verifiy, and Min age was 28  days! not 21. that's means POS 'll start at May 12 !! Cool

minage was 2 days. 28 days is a fix they have tried. I hope   that it will not be choosen. Look at the commit and the reverts.
look at the code not at the comments!

old code = current wallet
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:43:51 PM

The haters seem to have gone away

...no im a hater and im still here....just want to see this crypto historic epic fail...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You are gonna have dried out bug eyes trying to watch this coin fail. It won't happen. But we are happy you are sticking with your hate instead of giving up like your lessor troll Compadre's  Tongue

....now you probably have dried out bug eyes like you
chewing thorium for a week mate......  Grin
rudius

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:44:18 PM

ok! i've checked github to verifiy, and Min age was 28  days! not 21. that's means POS 'll start at May 12 !! Cool

ffs, this a revert of a fix that the new team have made. Learn to read commits please.

Look at the original commit on the repo. It will be easier on you.
dida
Legendary

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:45:25 PM

The haters seem to have gone away

...no im a hater and im still here....just want to see this crypto historic epic fail...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Sit and watch like the train leave without you .. bye! bye pal!

Huh  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
prabhu.str1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:45:51 PM

whats the future of WC given the double spending attack?
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:46:38 PM

Bright and sunny, just getting all the problems out of the way in the begining  Wink

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
dida
Legendary

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:47:16 PM

...no im a hater and im still here....just want to see this crypto historic epic fail...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Must be sad to have so much hate toward an inanimate object that has never personally touched or hurt you.  Oh well It's not going to fail and you are gong to hate it even more while we all make huge profits later on  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grin
rudius

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:47:40 PM

We will rollback the block chain before the attack. and will resume trading as soon as the new wallet is available. From there, we will have to organize the foundation to start working on adoption.
dida
Legendary

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:48:10 PM

...no im a hater and im still here....just want to see this crypto historic epic fail...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
You are waiting the epic fail, that means no epic fail occur until now. I don't know how it could get any worse from now on Grin

...as you can see... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
rudius

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:48:49 PM

I checked it right when this whole mess came about and there was no min age defined for the coin at all.  I'm not sure what the old dev was doing.  I don't think there was much thought at all.  There were some leftover comments that hinted it was not a copy and paste of blackcoin though as the stake interest  was at 5% in the comments.  That had been correctly changed to .02 for WC, but as said, many of the other necessary parameters were not defined anywhere.  

Lol now there weren t minage?

Check again.
gerdab

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:49:02 PM

ffs, this a revert of a fix that the new team have made. Learn to read commits please.

why  new dev do will try to increase Min Age is ridiculous?! putting Min age = 28 while POW is over?!
rudius

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

why  new dev do will try to increase Min Age is ridiculous?! putting Min age = 28 while POW is over?!

Well i didn t understand the reason exactly. Something to do with giving time to people to update before starting POS. Never mind, this will not be 28 days.

Next time, you feel like like writing a book, please check and double check. Now all your inputs is useless.
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: