Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759175 times)
Kestrel71

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:43:58 PM

Just out of curiosity why do you have defcoin, doge, potcoin, ruby and ronpaul as your chosen coins to mine? surely there are many more profitable coins on the market to mine?  Well actually I know there are more profitable coins to mine, just wondering why you would choose those particular coins?
Seems like a losing deal to me not a winner.
Iffy

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:50:12 PM

Just out of curiosity why do you have defcoin, doge, potcoin, ruby and ronpaul as your chosen coins to mine? surely there are many more profitable coins on the market to mine?  Well actually I know there are more profitable coins to mine, just wondering why you would choose those particular coins?

I tried to have this explained or resolved yesterday, they were to interested in burying my posts under a load of junk instead of addressing the issues at hand.

Nice link Kestrel BTW ... Thanks

Radix
chunkypools

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:56:44 PM

Those are independent coin community pools not associated with the multipool. For the multipool, we only mine coins that maximize profitability using a custom analysis of our own. We balance volume with difficulty and the current hash of the mulitipool to determine the coin we mine. Using this custom developed formula (especially while the WC multipool's hash is below 1 GH), the best coin to mine does not change as often as the list on coinwarz.

We also use trade guidance as to when we perform our buys, and pass these profits along to the customer. For example last night, we executed our buys well before the pump, and paid out to our customers while the price was still much higher than they had mined at.

Once the WC multipool reaches 1 GH, we'll have the ability to divide the hash across many coins, at that point you'll see a much larger roster of coins added very quickly. Hope that clears things up!
smoothdoger

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:00:40 PM

Those are independent coin community pools not associated with the multipool. For the multipool, we only mine coins that maximize profitability using a custom analysis of our own. We balance volume with difficulty and the current hash of the mulitipool to determine the coin we mine. Using this custom developed formula (especially while the WC multipool's hash is below 1 GH), the best coin to mine does not change as often as the list on coinwarz.

We also use trade guidance as to when we perform our buys, and pass these profits along to the customer. For example last night, we executed our buys well before the pump, and paid out to our customers while the price was still much higher than they had mined at.

Once the WC multipool reaches 1 GH, we'll have the ability to divide the hash across many coins, at that point you'll see a much larger roster of coins added very quickly. Hope that clears things up!

would not matter much, chunky are just horrid at trading...like really really bad.
chunkypools

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:03:05 PM

would not matter much, chunky are just horrid at trading...like really really bad.

Sorry you feel that way, but the payouts last night would seem to tell a different story. Hope you'll consider giving us a try.
Kestrel71

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:09:41 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 03:21:27 PM by Kestrel71

Ok thanks for clearing that part up about them not being on the multipool. What coins were you mining on the multi pool last night? just so I can do do my own calculations, cheers.
Iffy

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:11:38 PM

the X11 single coin pool "multipool" is not profitable.

Radix
topnetdeal

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:25:05 PM

+1

In addition, the MUN is from 1-2 weeks at least pay a coin in X11, and mining results in a negative financial result.

Look here, please : http://www.whattomine.com/coins?utf8=%E2%9C%93&factor%5Bscrypt_hash_rate%5D=1000.0&factor%5Bscrypt_power%5D=380.0&factor%5Bscrypt_n_hr%5D=450.0&factor%5Bscrypt_n_p%5D=330.6&factor%5Bcha12_hr%5D=73.0&factor%5Bcha12_p%5D=330.6&factor%5Bcha14_hr%5D=12.0&factor%5Bcha14_p%5D=330.6&x11f=true&factor%5Bx11_hr%5D=2900.0&factor%5Bx11_p%5D=190.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.2&commit=Calculate&sort=Profit&factor%5Bheavycoin_hr%5D=18.0&factor%5Bheavycoin_p%5D=247.0&factor%5Bgro_hr%5D=15.0&factor%5Bgro_p%5D=228.0

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))
Whitepaper  ▓  Telegram  ▓  Twitter  ▓  Facebook  ▓  Medium  ▓  Reddit  ▓  Bounty Thread
Iffy

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:31:12 PM

Yes and the foundation of my claim that they cannot be that irresponsibly stupid, surely they must be secretly mining a profitable coin with our hardware and electricity and scamming us instead? If not then their lack of professionalism is just shocking.

Radix
chunkypools

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:42:40 PM

Ok thanks for clearing that part up about them not being on the multipool. What coins were you mining on the multi pool last night? just so I can do do my own calculations, cheers.

No problem, last night we were mining potcoin. Our front end lists all of our community coins (1% fee standard mining pools as well as the "portfolio diversifying" chunkyport). The direct link to chunkypools.com/wc displays the actual coin we are mining on the multipool. We would like to be on Doge right now but would need at least another 1-200MH on the multipool for it to actually be profitable for the miners on a daily basis (block times become too high for the tastes of most of our miners otherwise).  We'd actually be really interested in your findings, as we are constantly trying to improve our metrics and processes. You can send them to us via PM here or directly to mculp or mogonzo.

Just a note for your evaluation, there are trading factors in play as well, including network transfer times in alts and BTC, as well as withdraw and deposit turnaround times at exchanges. Some multipools buy ahead of the market to maximize profits (therefore taking an "invisible" chunk of the miner's profits as well), this gives the appearance of live trading when in fact it can be days and weeks between their buys. Or, they may have an existing deep wallet reserve to dive into... which in the end negates the purpose of a multipool.

Chunky doesn't do that, we actually buy our payouts daily, which does impact the speed of the process... but it has the advantage of meeting the actual goal of a multipool. No shots intended at the competing WC pools, as of course we don't know how they operate their buys.

This is actually quite compelling, thank you for this. I'll forward this to the trade team immediately. Our X-11 & SHA-256 ports were only just recently added, so the process for adding the coins we need listed there is ongoing. If you have any favourites (and especially reasons for them being your favs), we'd love to hear them!

Happy mining everyone!
Kestrel71

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:44:24 PM

In addition, the MUN is from 1-2 weeks at least pay a coin in X11, and mining results in a negative financial result.
MUN instead of DRK?  chunky have had people mining muniti instead of dark coin the last two weeks?
Iffy

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:48:00 PM

MUN instead of DRK?  chunky have had people mining muniti instead of dark coin the last two weeks?

I wish that were not the case. The X11 multipool is actually a Munitipool as I have previously pointed out but my posts were crowded out by the staff, seemingly intentionally I may add.

Radix
chunkypools

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:49:08 PM

MUN instead of DRK?  chunky have had people mining muniti instead of dark coin the last two weeks?

We understand and appreciate your concerns. We're moving them to the top of the priority list for the weekend.

Our X-11 and SHA-256 servers are recent additions to chunky, and only came online after the WhiteCoin fix, they were designed and implemented specifically at the request of the whitecoin community. You are right that we need to speed the process of adding new coins there, we did make clear at launch that these were test ports, but they have performed perfectly and we anticipate being able to add new coins to them very quickly.

We'd love your input if you have any suggestions you'd like to share with us in PM.

Thanks again for your patience
chunkypools

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:51:07 PM

MUN instead of DRK?  chunky have had people mining muniti instead of dark coin the last two weeks?

I wish that were not the case. The X11 multipool is actually a Munitipool as I have previously pointed out but my posts were crowded out by the staff, seemingly intentionally I may add.

We do not employ tactics like that at Chunkypools. Sorry if your messages got missed, it has been a very busy and chaotic couple of weeks. We're looking into this now.
Iffy

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:53:44 PM

We do not employ tactics like that at Chunkypools. Sorry if your messages got missed, it has been a very busy and chaotic couple of weeks. We're looking into this now.

Oh they were not missed. They were definitely seen and objected to, then FUD was attempted to be spread by a staff.

Radix
chunkypools

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:54:04 PM

Oh they were not missed. They were definitely seen and objected to.

By whom? There are a few of us on the team, this will be an important discussion point if true.
Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:54:32 PM

The only reason I mine on your pool is because its the only one. There seems to be problems with payouts and the front end always going down. Still better than nothing

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
Iffy

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:58:31 PM

It all ended about here, feel free to browse: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.msg6891888#msg6891888
Investors do not always suggest stuff you wish to hear .. no need to treat them like crap and start trying to lie about them.

Radix
chunkypools

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:02:33 PM

The only reason I mine on your pool is because its the only one. There seems to be problems with payouts and the front end always going down. Still better than nothing

The front end problems were due to the many DDOS's Chunky suffered surrounding the timewarp attack, hashes were very rarely impacted at all. We took some pretty big hits trying to protect the blockchain before the fix was implemented, (even after, we continued to experience attacks for some time, though they have now stopped). If your payout issues are related to being on the X-11 port, it could be due to the coin we were mining for the testing phase. We're looking into this today.

If you're mining scrypt, we suggest you have a look at our above posts regarding the difference between "false live buying" and performing actual daily trades on whitecoin.

There are of course two other WC multipools listed in the op now, feel free to give them a try and tell us about your experience. Our goal is to constantly improve, but we're not a megacorp, so these things take time.

Happy mining!
chunkypools

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:12:33 PM

It all ended about here, feel free to browse: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.msg6891888#msg6891888
Investors do not always suggest stuff you wish to hear .. no need to treat them like crap and start trying to lie about them.

You raised this issue yesterday while making it sound like it was raised weeks ago. After a review of these posts, we see no chunky staff member interacting with you on this subject.

Chunkypools does not equal WhiteCoin. We do not have investors, and we do not lie to people. If you have an issue with us or how we operate our site, you're encouraged to contact our support staff over email or join us in #chunkyhelp on freenode.
Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: